BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you even considered the possibility that sometimes she is unhappy and he had nothing at all to do with it? It seems as if you believe female unhappiness is always due to her mans actions.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lot of conservative/traditional  "Good Men" are taught that all women are noble selfless angels, men should always be good to them because they always deserve it, and men should just put up with whatever women do and be good providers.

So I appreciate that someone out there is trying to teach men that some women are like that, some women are not, and here's how to spot the ones who are not.
It’s astonishing that adult men have to be told this. What are father’s for?
Boys raised in female lead households are a real problem.
Especially because most of those single/divorced moms hate men.
Which I find ironic considering most divorces are intitated by women.
You might start to wonder why. Very few women get married thinking that they’ll get divorced. Sure, there are financial incentives once they get there, but they have to get there in the first place. And that tends to happen when couples disconnect from each other and check out. Men do this quite a lot, and often without even realizing it. They “never see it coming” because they quit paying attention. And just as men don’t like staying with an emotionally absent woman, women don’t like staying with an emotionally absent man. Sure, financial incentives play a part, but you have to get to a point where the financial incentives are worth giving up the person you used to love (and eventually, likely, ending up worse off financially than you were together).
You just put the blame on men for the reason why the divorce rate is high, and why women initiate it.

You may not realize you did it, but you did.
There’s a whole other portion to that particular statement, but it is directed at women (of which there are precious few here, and most here don’t really need to hear it). It’s a bit redundant to speak it here, as most men already understand (even if they can’t exactly put words on it) what they need.

Most men I have had dealings with predictably answer they would choose respect over love if they had to choose between the two. IOW, if the question is “would you rather be respected or loved?”, men pick respect. And that is the half of the statement that gets directed at women, because men already know that.
Yet none of what you speak explains why the initiator of divorces is overwhelming women.

The whole 'emotionless men' has some merit to it, but why? Maybe they are emotionless to their spouse because the sex fountain dried up.

Its the what came first theory of chicken vs the egg.
The sex fountain tends to dry up when a woman feels unloved. A man who is physically present but emotionally absent leaves a woman feeling hollow and unloved. And that emotional absence starts by him neglecting emotional needs. He has things to do, long day at work, there’s a game on, he just wants to sit down and relax, etc. He stops making time for her, stops connecting with her, stops courting her. All those things he did when he was trying to get and keep her attention stop when he gets comfortably settled into the marriage. And maybe she gets comfortably settled too, and starts disrespecting him in little ways. Maybe she acts like his career isn’t significant to her, or casually compares him to other men and lets him know he doesn’t measure up, or bossing him around like he’s a child, or implying that he doesn’t do things to her standard, or ignoring his advice but accepting the same counsel from a stranger. And as he feels disrespected, he tries to connect less and less, reacts in unloving ways, and that tends to engender more disrespect.

It’s a vicious cycle that starts in small ways and snowballs. There’s no way to say this one or that one is the guilty party, because it takes two. They both start it in their own ways, and they both continue it. Fact is, though, that if you look at a lot of marriages, the men in them are emotionally absent. And that’s a recipe for divorce. That’s a major component of why women cite being “unhappy” as a reason for divorce. Why are they unhappy? Because their man is emotionally absent.
You have a good understanding of the dynamic. But your explanation still reads as if you believe it’s usually the guys fault.
I don’t. I just don’t tolerate excuses. I tell the women they need to show unconditional respect no matter how unloved they feel, and that bossing and snapping and dismissing is never ok regardless of circumstance. If they act with gentle demeanor and respectful attitude, quite often an unloving husband will dramatically change his behavior in response, but that she should display such an attitude without expectation of change or reward, simply because that is the appropriate way to behave. She must do her part if she is going to hold him accountable for doing his.

And also that if she is unhappy, the first thing she needs to do is examine her own attitude and behavior, not stew about his.
Have you even considered the possibility that sometimes she is unhappy and he had nothing at all to do with it? It seems as if you believe female unhappiness is always due to her mans actions.
Yes. Displaced anger, hostility, and frustration are very real things. That’s one of the reasons she needs to examine her own attitude and behavior. She needs to address things outside the marriage that may be causing her unhappiness including work, medical issues, extended family, psychiatric issues, etc. If she is taking any of those issues out on her spouse, she has no excuse, and she needs to quit making excuses if she is doing so. It is highly disrespectful to tear him down over something he has no hand in or ability to fix or change..
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not when it comes to emotional stuff and communication.

Or better stated, women aren’t taught how to handle emotional stuff and communicating with men. It gets dismissed as “unloving” and “men are assholes” and “Why doesn't he feel what I want him to feel?” And since they don’t know how to handle that stuff, they don’t see it as a failure on their part. That’s just stuff they don’t do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or better stated, men aren’t taught how to handle emotional stuff and communicating with women. It gets dismissed as “girl stuff” and “women are crazy” and “who could ever understand that alien mindscape?” And since they don’t know how to handle that stuff, they don’t see it as a failure on their part. That’s just stuff they don’t do.

Or better stated, women aren’t taught how to handle emotional stuff and communicating with men. It gets dismissed as “unloving” and “men are assholes” and “Why doesn't he feel what I want him to feel?” And since they don’t know how to handle that stuff, they don’t see it as a failure on their part. That’s just stuff they don’t do.

Women fail at communication too. Love Languages. While we didn’t read Love Languages when we went through a rough patch, we kinda figured it out on our own. It took intentional effort and multiple iterations, but understanding how each other communicates was the key to where we are now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah right, introspection won't fix those- however I *think* we would all agree it's still on her (or whoever is suffering from these mental issues) to seek help from medical professionals. It would be on the spouse to support them as they seek help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this line covers that:

And also that if she is unhappy, the first thing she needs to do is examine her own attitude and behavior, not stew about his.
I was speaking more to issues such as mental illness, Depression, menopause. Self reflection does not fix those things. I suppose we can blame post partum depression on men though...
Yeah right, introspection won't fix those- however I *think* we would all agree it's still on her (or whoever is suffering from these mental issues) to seek help from medical professionals. It would be on the spouse to support them as they seek help.
22.3% adult women suffer from mental illness. They cannot all be unmarried. That’s a lot of women that’s will likely be unhappy no matter how exceptional her husband treats her.

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/mental-illness.shtml
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't give a shit.

You brought up wives cutting off husbands physically.

Learn to follow along.

Your emotions cloud your logic.

Or you just fail at logic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't give a shit.

Learn to follow along.

Or it could be that you are attributing to me something that Voodoo3dfx brought up:
The whole 'emotionless men' has some merit to it, but why? Maybe they are emotionless to their spouse because the sex fountain dried up.
Though it is true that he makes mention to the 'sex fountain' drying up, he explicitly indicates that it's a chicken vs the egg thing, highlighting the ambiguity of who is responsible for the root cause.

...but do carry on with your 'following along' and success with logic.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

22.3% adult women suffer from mental illness. They cannot all be unmarried. That’s a lot of women that’s will likely be unhappy no matter how exceptional her husband treats her.

View Quote
Is it possible women are just more likely to seek help then men?

ETA:

https://www.mdedge.com/familymedicine/article/60747/womens-health/gender-differences-utilization-health-care-services

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was speaking more to issues such as mental illness, Depression, menopause. Self reflection does not fix those things. I suppose we can blame post partum depression on men though...

How many of those cases are legit vs some GP diagnosing and prescribing meds they shouldn’t?
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does that have to do with the presumption that every unhappy wife is unhappy because of her husband?
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Or it could be that you are attributing to me something that Voodoo3dfx brought up:
Though it is true that he makes mention to the 'sex fountain' drying up, he explicitly indicates that it's a chicken vs the egg thing, highlighting the ambiguity of who is responsible for the root cause.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't give a shit.

Learn to follow along.

I broadly addressed voodoo’s post. You keyed on the physical stuff. I merely used the opportunity, once again, to point out that once it reaches that point, it doesn’t matter where the blame lies. You’ve already screwed up as a husband. Because that doesn’t happen overnight.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

aeroworksxp brings up a great point above. Additionally, yeah I agree some will be unhappy no matter what. I don't think anyone is suggesting that their happiness is the responsibility of her husband (or his wife in the case of men).
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What does that have to do with the presumption that every unhappy wife is unhappy because of her husband?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who has made that presumption?
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is making that presumption?!? Even Namaah says an unhappy woman should first look at herself for why she's unhappy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who is making that presumption?!? Even Namaah says an unhappy woman should first look at herself for why she's unhappy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I win this round.

Roll Tide.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I win this round.

Roll Tide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I win this round.

Roll Tide.
By less than a minute. Damn.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I broadly addressed voodoo's post. You keyed on the physical stuff. I merely used the opportunity, once again, to point out that once it reaches that point, it doesn't matter where the blame lies. You've already screwed up as a husband. Because that doesn't happen overnight.
View Quote
Yes, I have.  You can rest assured and take satisfaction that I will absolutely pay for my errors for the rest of my life.  Probably beyond.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:10:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yes, I have.  You can rest assured and take satisfaction that I will absolutely pay for my errors for the rest of my life.  Probably beyond.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I broadly addressed voodoo's post. You keyed on the physical stuff. I merely used the opportunity, once again, to point out that once it reaches that point, it doesn't matter where the blame lies. You've already screwed up as a husband. Because that doesn't happen overnight.
For the record, my comments were intended for the general “you”.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

For the record, my comments were intended for the general "you".
View Quote
It's cool either way.  There's been a lot of talk in the thread about owning our own failings, and I have a responsibility to own mine.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Assuming the girl is giving you IOI's (sorry Roland, I know I'm violating our newly signed peace treaty here with redpilled terms) then I absolutely go for a kiss on the first date.  and NOT right as I'm dropping her off at home or at her car in the parkign lot.  Be spontaneous and just go for it early/mid date if things are going well!

WhenI  was younger/dumber and didn't read IOI's and bodylanguage as well I had a few negative reactions to those.  But as I've learned to read women better, I've since never had a negative reaction when just going for that first kiss.

But NO tongue.  
View Quote
@geoint

You are kissing with tongue? That's nasty.

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'd let her join my religion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if I told you everyone is simultaneously a lock and a key?

Was sort of the point. If a lock opens by many keys, it's a shitty lock
https://media.giphy.com/media/BRCmmTe2aWetO/giphy.gif
Chick from GoT?
Yeah, lol. Natalie Dormer.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xEGqih6o0meyY/giphy.gif
Dat smirk
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@geoint

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@geoint

https://media.giphy.com/media/SM63ReN3zo1vG/200.gif
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#21]
She may have sucked a dick half an hour before the date.

Good that I don't like to kiss.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Based on everything you've said I honestly have no idea if you're even joking or not lol
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What’s an acceptable clearing time?
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Never, who knows what nasty things she had in her mouth.

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@geoint

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:42:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and the inability to find a good woman become a little more clear
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like he needs to move to Utah.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
No kissing, and no oral sex. Yuck...
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:54:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Well that got weird...
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well that got weird...
View Quote
Yes...yes it did
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said I honestly don't know if you're joking, but I have this morbid curiosity...
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/3/2019 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/138374/giphy__1_-1001614.gif
Holy shit

ETA- a wise man once said "there is no part of a beautiful woman I won't put my mouth on
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Its ridiculous to assume you don't care how you look to others.  Or do you not take time to dress nice either?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Its ridiculous to assume you don't care how you look to others.  Or do you not take time to dress nice either?
That's quite the leap. My comment was addressed to specific activities, that people would then assume were being done either solely or at least primarily in order to become more attractive. For those specific activities, I have zero concern for how they may or may not impact some measure of attractiveness or desirability.

And beyond that, one can care about maintaining a clean and neat appearance for reasons other than attracting a mate.  Just seeing it as a part of being a decent person in a civilized society, for example.

Quoted:
You cool driving a totally lame car as long as it goes from A to B?
Right, because the only reason to care about your car is because of what you want others to think of you. I drive (and ride) what I do because it makes me happy - IDGAF what somebody else thinks of what I drive, I do it because I enjoy it.

Most of my vehicles are the butt of stereotypical jokes anyway.

Quoted:
Do you not aspire to anything above a stock Glock 19 cuz that'll do the job?
So one should strive for something blinged-out to broadcast your superiority to others?

I have everything from stock Glocks to tricked-out custom Open guns... but none were ever to impress anybody else.

Quoted:
Virtue Signalling about how working out is "for me" is a blatant lie.
Except it's not a lie.

Quoted:(and if you really don't you're a weirdo)
Well, no fucking shit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2019 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Dat smirk
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if I told you everyone is simultaneously a lock and a key?

Was sort of the point. If a lock opens by many keys, it's a shitty lock
https://media.giphy.com/media/BRCmmTe2aWetO/giphy.gif
Chick from GoT?
Yeah, lol. Natalie Dormer.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xEGqih6o0meyY/giphy.gif
Dat smirk
She's in her late 30s...

She ages well.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 3:53:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Like I said I honestly don't know if you're joking, but I have this morbid curiosity...
View Quote
You like to put your mouth in places where dozens, maybe a hundred or more guys put there dick?

Link Posted: 7/4/2019 4:35:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Eh, I'll agree that kissing is kind of gross. I do it because others like it, but it does not give me any pleasure beyond a quick closed mouth kiss as an expression of affection.

"That's why I don't kiss 'em on the mouth."
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 6:26:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
... it does not give me any pleasure ...
View Quote
Same for me, I feel next to nothing while kissing and it's not worth the risk to kiss an untested woman.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Since were getting all freaky weird and uncomfortable in here. I draw a thick line at butt stuff.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Would you care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 8:09:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Would you care to elaborate?
View Quote
If your replying to me, no, I do not care to elaborate.  I think it is fairly self explanatory.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You like to put your mouth in places where dozens, maybe a hundred or more guys put there dick?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Refresh my memory: are you the guy who walked fourteen miles home from a date because you thought the woman might want to have sex with you?
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#44]
He can still make it work.

Link Posted: 7/4/2019 8:26:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Refresh my memory: are you the guy who walked fourteen miles home from a date because you thought the woman might want to have sex with you?
View Quote
No date, met her maybe 3 hours before in a bar, more like sixteen miles, and she wanted to have sex with me.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA:

https://www.mdedge.com/familymedicine/article/60747/womens-health/gender-differences-utilization-health-care-services

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327887/Annotation_2019-07-03_175929_jpg-1002879.JPG
Or do more women have ''free'' government health care due to being on some kind of welfare and don't have to worry about the cost of treatment?
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
He can still make it work.

https://i.imgur.com/WHphQsP.gif
View Quote
To bad I can't buy these.

I'm packing gloves, condoms, rubbing alcohol and some medical disinfection spray for the date later.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No date, met her maybe 3 hours before in a bar, more like sixteen miles, and she wanted to have sex with me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, so I got the big picture, but was a little shaky on the minor details.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You need to slow down your heavy twang, I am just a poor northerner with a college degree.
View Quote
Where he's from, his lame one liners and hashtags are considered the apex of comedy and terribly clever.  And people are also fat as hell

Hey Alabama, are you an Alabama 10 or a regular 10?
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
There are things called showers and soap. Believe it or not, a vagina is remarkably self-cleaning.

You clearly have a lot of issues regarding females and sex. It’s not them, it’s you.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top