Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Shake Shack is better than all of them. Wish there was one here.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty much just a copy of a Sonic burger.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In n Out > Whataburger

It is settled.
View Quote

FPNI

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In n Out < Whataburger
It is settled.
View Quote

FIFY
It is settled !
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In n Out > Whataburger

It is settled.
View Quote

That’s like saying:

Dog shit > Cat Shit

At the end of the day, they’re both shit
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Krystal’s > everything else
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Here come the Texans crying that there is at least 1 Whataburger somewhere that is edible. I haven't found it. And I stopped trying. Isn't it a Chicago based restaurant now?
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: Like the one in your avatar?
View Quote
At least he has an avatar .
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

FIFY
It is settled !
View Quote

Only if you like supporting the liberals of IL.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Green chile is nothing like a jalapeño.

Lotaburger still wins over whataburger, but lotaburger has fallen a long way since its heyday.

*i had a lotaburget double meat, green chile, cheese with seasoned fries for lunch today
View Quote

I agree here. I've tried to like Whataburger but it hasn't happened. At least 1/2 dozen places. The closest was late night drunk and I thought it was decent. Lottaburger across the street gets my business.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like Culver's but it seems you can't walk 15 feet around here without running into one, guess the novelty kinda wore off.
View Quote
The first one that I saw was in Prescott Valley years ago. My wife is from Wisconsin so I had to tell her. I sounded like Navin R Johnson getting the new phonebook.

She said, " Oh, that's nice, Honey."  

Anyway, the other day I spotted a new one that I haven't seen before. I forget where. Hmmm, Another Culver's.  They are not so uncommon nowadays. I still haven't eaten there. They have commercials on local TV even.

CSB
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I've never had Whataburger, In & Out, or Wahlburgers.  I've had one Culver's burger, years ago.  Wasn't bad but nothing to write home about.  Same for Five Guys back in Kansas, I only went there once. Some of the best burgers I've had are at hole in the wall places, bar and grill joints, or like the last one I had that was really good, from a roadside mobile food trailer that makes damned good smash burgers.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Culver's is the one burger place where I won't eat their burgers, garbage.

Their pork tenderloins are acceptable, not great by any means.
View Quote

When I worked there in the mid to late 90s, the pork tenderloin was twice the size that it is now and went on a jumbo bun.

Since then the jumbo burger and bun have been discontinued and so has the larger pork tenderloin.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted: HEB also hates guns and you carrying them. Texas is all hat and not cattle as they say.
View Quote

Not cattle .
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:43:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In n Out > Whataburger

It is settled.
View Quote

My man
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I will say between Whataburger and In n Out I would pick Whataburger.   The burger at In n Out is slightly better but what the fuck is going on with their fries?  Its like they have some voodoo where they fry them so they just get dehydrated without the good flavor properly fried french fries have.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:44:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
On a related note:  Homemade elk burgers. -ground elk w/20% beef fat1 egg added to 1.75 pounds meat2 ounces grated Parmesan1 teaspoon pimento peppers Seasoning salt Minced garlic Splash of Worcestershire sauce Grilled over charcoal and dried red oak. American and Swiss cheese.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/47056/2801F59D-7CFD-49F6-9167-66CAC53B46CE-3001970.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 7:51:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted: Only if you like supporting the liberals of IL.
View Quote

My favorite IL liberal Rob Blagojevich  .  Sentence commuted by none other than Donald Trump . Welcome to the swamp !
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Whataburger hasn’t been as good since a Chicago based private equity firm bought the business.
View Quote

Its been shit for awhile before then. I grew up in Corpus in the 70's-80's that was real Whataburger
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#22]
OG Whataburger is better than current Whataburger.
It is also very location dependent.
One by my house is decent, 2 others within 5 miles (one, a new one about a year old, the other a rebuilt location) are not as good.

There is one In and Out near me, still have not been there.
Most everyone says it is OK, both my kids prefer Whataburger.
Even after over a year being open, there is always a line, and what is the deal with the not secret "secret" menu? Just put the menu out.

Quoted:
... Went to 5 Guys, but they wanted like $35 for a small burger fries and drink. Fuck that.
View Quote

Same here. Stopped by one for the first time 2 weeks ago, and saw the prices and almost walked out.
I got a bacon cheese burger and fries (water for drink) and was like $25.
Burger was pretty good, lots of fries, but fries sucked. Limp, soggy potato slices.
No way worth what I paid.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I like five guys.

No homo
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I made my own patty melt and then I got lazy and just made grilled cheese .
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The first one that I saw was in Prescott Valley years ago. My wife is from Wisconsin so I had to tell her. I sounded like Navin R Johnson getting the new phonebook.

Anyway, the other day I spotted a new one that I haven't seen before. I forget where. Hmmm, Another Culver's.  They are not so uncommon nowadays. I still haven't eaten there. They have commercials on local TV even.

CSB
View Quote

They're pretty good. Just seems when I'm doing side work we always end up eating at one lately lol.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 8:56:40 PM EDT
[#26]

While waterburger spent money to fight open carry in Texas...
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Cali is really desperate to represent their crappy burgers today.
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#30]

I'm confused, In n Out refused to comply with covid mandates and that makes them bad? Or am I reading that wrong? Your quoted article says the were closed for refusing to require vaccines, so I don't get where you're going with it...

In N Out also spends pretty good money (or did) funding pro 2A causes
Link Posted: 10/23/2023 11:58:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

When I worked there in the mid to late 90s, the pork tenderloin was twice the size that it is now and went on a jumbo bun.

Since then the jumbo burger and bun have been discontinued and so has the larger pork tenderloin.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Culver's is the one burger place where I won't eat their burgers, garbage.

Their pork tenderloins are acceptable, not great by any means.

Every time I get a tenderloin I ask for extra ketchup and mustard because it’s already bigger than the bun. Every time I get a quarter sized dollop of each. Probably a good thing they shrunk them.

I’m used to the Iowa tenderloins though that are 8.7 x bun size.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In n Out is dogshit.  Literal fecal material excreted from the anus of a dog.  Not a healthy dog, either.  A dog that ate a bunch of roadkill and now has some sort of intestinal parasite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In n Out > Whataburger

It is settled.
In n Out is dogshit.  Literal fecal material excreted from the anus of a dog.  Not a healthy dog, either.  A dog that ate a bunch of roadkill and now has some sort of intestinal parasite.

Found the Whataburger employee…
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Whataburger is freaking awesome...if you're used to Wendy's
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 12:07:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 12:50:40 AM EDT
[#35]
What A Burger > McDonalds >>> In and Out Burger

Tasted In and Out when we went to Houston and I just dont get it, would rather have a McDonalds Quarter Pounder
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 1:15:49 AM EDT
[#36]
My hometowns love for whataburger is almost as annoying as thier love for blue bell ice cream.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 1:36:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My hometowns love for whataburger is almost as annoying as thier love for blue bell ice cream.
View Quote

Blue Bell is delicious for what is. I am definitely jealous of that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 1:37:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

While waterburger spent money to fight open carry in Texas...
View Quote

I hadn't heard that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 1:38:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Fuddruckers is where it's at!
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 1:44:44 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm positive Five Guys or Culver's is far better than this west coast garbage.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 1:47:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Whataburger hasn’t been as good since a Chicago based private equity firm bought the business.
View Quote

They supported Beto against Cruz before that sale.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 1:47:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Whataburger > *
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 1:55:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I was stationed in California for a time and have recently spent over 200 days in Texas. Whataburger isn't a gourmet burger by any means, but it is much better than anything I've had from In n Out, regardless how much extra things one throws on the burger to hide the taste of the meat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In n Out > Whataburger

It is settled.
Not in this lifetime. In n Out is like McDonald's for hipsters.

It tastes much better than McDonald's. I think some people only hate them because they are from CA.
I was stationed in California for a time and have recently spent over 200 days in Texas. Whataburger isn't a gourmet burger by any means, but it is much better than anything I've had from In n Out, regardless how much extra things one throws on the burger to hide the taste of the meat.

My experience was the opposite.  Whataburger was edible, but not appealing in any way.  In-n-Out is hardly the best, but it is indeed appealing enough for me to eat there from time to time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 1:58:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

CSB
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like Culver's but it seems you can't walk 15 feet around here without running into one, guess the novelty kinda wore off.

CSB

Speaking of Prescott, one of my favorite burger places is Brown Bag.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 2:01:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I will say between Whataburger and In n Out I would pick Whataburger.   The burger at In n Out is slightly better but what the fuck is going on with their fries?  Its like they have some voodoo where they fry them so they just get dehydrated without the good flavor properly fried french fries have.
View Quote

I don't think they are nearly as bad as a lot of folks in here who don't like In-n-Out say, but they definitely have room for improvement.  If you watch them make them they are basically peeling fresh potatoes, julienning them, and then tossing them straight into the fryer.  Is it that their frying method isn't right?  Because they are using fresh potatoes, so quality of ingredients isn't the issue..  Or is it that there is something added to frozen fries that makes them taste better to people?  They kinda taste how fried potatoes taste if I fry them in a pan at home.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 2:16:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 2:46:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is actually the most fair description of In n Out one could write.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 2:54:23 AM EDT
[#48]
The general problem with most fast food burger patties is they are subject to the whim of the masses - which has led most to be nearly flavorless protean pancakes.  You can not remove the fat, salt, and any offending spices and expect it to be any better.  That said, I would argue that Wataburger does a decent job of toppings, which in general do a decent job of hiding a near flavorless paddy.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 3:13:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Whataburger damn sure is "good".

It just doesn't go any further than that. It's "fine"; nothing more.

If you think Whataburger is the end-all-be-all, then you suck Steve Sarkisian's dick for money or drugs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 3:14:07 AM EDT
[#50]
There all tasteless,overcooked garbage! Make your own burger. Been making this for years,it is delicious!
Juicy steakhouse burger recipe
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top