Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 61
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Death marches?

Do we supply our own death, or is that something we work on the way?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:28:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm down to come out to one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come join the death marches...as people get in better shape, and we add more folks...eventually we will march with Carl Gs, Mortars, and other fun stuff...

My goal is to get up to 50 people eventually...most I've had since starting this a few weeks ago is 5...
I'm down to come out to one.
They are a fun suck
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 10:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh fuck, I just looked it up, and the damn Charlie G weighs over 30 lbs.  
View Quote
And? So what? Put less weight in your pack.

Besides, isn't that what we have WhiskersTheCat for...
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#6]
New dress code

One of the more notorious henchmen of the era was Joshua Milton Blahyi, a commander whose nom de guerre was "General Butt Naked." Hired for his ferocity by rebel leader and Taylor contemporary Roosevelt Johnson, his "Butt Naked Battalion" consisted of drug-fueled teens who went into battle in flowing dresses and colorful wigs. The general himself reportedly wore only laced-up boots and his weapon.

Not surprisingly, these troops became poster children for the war. Dressed in gowns and shower caps and "fortified by amphetamines, marijuana and palm wine [they] sashayed irresistibly for photographers,"
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#7]
We need to tow the Charlie Gs behind our escooters of doom
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We need to tow the Charlie Gs behind our escooters of doom
View Quote
I nominate that any #NBB who shows up for a death march with one of those scooters be beat to death with same scooter.

Uhhhggg I hate those things. There are signs on the trail system- no motorized vehicles. Yet I've almost been run over by retards on scooters multiple time. They are almost as bad as the cyclists.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 11:50:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm about to leave to go puking.

I give myself a 75% chance I hit the hostage during the pistol portion of shooting tomorrow.

If the hostage didn't want to be shot, he shouldn't have been taken hostage by steel targets.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:01:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I give myself a 75% chance I hit the hostage during the pistol portion of shooting tomorrow.

If the hostage didn't want to be shot, he shouldn't have been taken hostage by steel targets.
View Quote
I'll be there Friday morning.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. You're missing two nights of drinking
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I am super-bummed that I cannot make it.  This happens almost every year.

This year, my wife and I are refinancing the house, and I need to be around to sign closing docs (either later today or tomorrow), and Fri/Sat  am going to be busy setting up for the AUSA conference/expo where my program has a booth - and right now I don’t have a lot of staff that I can just force to do all the work.  Also, my cardiologist told me yesterday that he wants me on a 24-hour heart monitor next week - specifically while I run a 5k - because they have some potential concerns about what my heart does when I am really exerting myself ... so not going to Cola Warrior is probably a good call, even if I wasn’t so busy with work and financial stuff... I definitely do not want CPR from KaiK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This year, my wife and I are refinancing the house, and I need to be around to sign closing docs (either later today or tomorrow), and Fri/Sat  am going to be busy setting up for the AUSA conference/expo where my program has a booth - and right now I don’t have a lot of staff that I can just force to do all the work.  Also, my cardiologist told me yesterday that he wants me on a 24-hour heart monitor next week - specifically while I run a 5k - because they have some potential concerns about what my heart does when I am really exerting myself ... so not going to Cola Warrior is probably a good call, even if I wasn’t so busy with work and financial stuff... I definitely do not want CPR from KaiK.
No....no you do not want that
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't be helped.

She's not getting back into DC until midnight Thursday night.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
... although the “We accidentally killed DK-Prof at Cola Warrior” thread would be epic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

... although the “We accidentally killed DK-Prof at Cola Warrior” thread would be epic.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd subscribe to that...
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:17:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Where do these death marches I keep hearing about take place?
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just do what I do when I use paper hostage targets: drill all your rounds into the forehead of the innocent victim, step back, and watch how the other people on the range react
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Starting point has been, and will mostly likely continue to be, Potomac Yard, at least for the next 2 or 3. Good parking and many options for choice of routes.

Then we will move to more difficult terrain progressively.

Anyone want to incorporate dry fire mortar hip shoot drills along the Potomac during the march?

I'll bring the mortar.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Also...anyone have recommendations for a Glock 19 MOS holster? OWB is fine...

Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
AFAIK: Virginia “open carry” applies to registered DDs just as it does to any other legal firearm.
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72384/20191008_110029-1118395.jpg
View Quote
Since you are not using it, can I have your Glock slide cover-plate?  (I put the money for an RMR into the college fund ).
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 2:54:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Since you are not using it, can I have your Glock slide cover-plate?  (I put the money for an RMR into the college fund ).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/72384/20191008_110029-1118395.jpg
What? Seriously? What happened to yours???
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What? Seriously? What happened to yours???
View Quote
No cover plate included.

AIM Surplus S2 slide for Glock 17
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just do what I do when I use paper hostage targets: drill all your rounds into the forehead of the innocent victim, step back, and watch how the other people on the range react
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/245788/ha7jfjwj74n21-1066803.jpg
LEAVE RON JEREMY ALONE
Link Posted: 10/9/2019 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 12:07:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Do we have a member within NOVA that is a former mortarman?
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 12:45:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Can't be helped.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't be helped.

We're all hammered and trying to find guys piss pools in the woods with thermal NV fusion right now

Link Posted: 10/10/2019 12:46:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Usually Alexandria. Sometimes Vienna
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#37]
I am now ready for the end-of-the-month Appleseed.

Honestly, this is a nice piece of kit. It's no ACOG, but it fits the carry handle perfectly and the irons are still usable underneath. Thumbs up from me.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#39]
I agree with the Professor, nice rifle, like the wood furniture.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That is beautiful.  I am quite jealous.

Which furniture set did you use?
View Quote
Thanks! It turned out far better than I'd hoped, honestly.

It's from here: http://www.blackgunswood.com.

Note that the pictured sets are a little different from mine; the smooth style pistol grip and A1-length buttstock are available but special-order items that you need to specifically request.
Link Posted: 10/10/2019 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am now ready for the end-of-the-month Appleseed.

https://i.imgur.com/cmYemZW.jpg

Honestly, this is a nice piece of kit. It's no ACOG, but it fits the carry handle perfectly and the irons are still usable underneath. Thumbs up from me.
View Quote
That's gorgeous brother.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You guys have a pack mule?

Link Posted: 10/12/2019 1:07:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Went on a recon mission to Germantown tonight

saw koreans

Link Posted: 10/12/2019 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Outfuckingstanding class.  The G48 can hang with the bigger Glocks in reliability, speed, and accuracy.  I’m really impressed and so are other good shooters when they see my groups.  Two shots to the center circle on an IDPA target from concealment at 7 yards in 1.4 seconds.

https://www.green-ops.com/advanced-covert-carry-skills-course-2-days
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 12:04:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I just wanted to mention that a wife of one of my colleagues is trying to take back the 13th District House of Delegates seat (around Manassas) from the Democrats.  She is a moderate (but pro-life) Republican, and I think she has a really good chance.

Here's her website if anyone wants to read about her, or even volunteer to help out.  I just donated some money to her.

https://kellymcginn.com/
View Quote
I'll toss her a few bucks.

We definitely need to take back some of these districts. Some aren't even fielding a candidate to challenge the Democrat!
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I just wanted to mention that a wife of one of my colleagues is trying to take back the 13th District House of Delegates seat (around Manassas) from the Democrats.  She is a moderate (but pro-life) Republican, and I think she has a really good chance.

Here's her website if anyone wants to read about her, or even volunteer to help out.  I just donated some money to her.

View Quote
Nothing on her site about her position on gun rights...  That used to be a given with Republicans, I worry these days if they don't state it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I can ask.

I think the issues she specifically mentions on her site are the ones that she has identified that local constituents care a lot about.  I get the impression that the district is pretty pro-gun, so my GUESS would be she has a traditional R view on guns.  Plus her husband is a west point grad and Iraq war vet, so I would be very surprised if she was not pro-gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing on her site about her position on gun rights...  That used to be a given with Republicans, I worry these days if they don't state it.
I can ask.

I think the issues she specifically mentions on her site are the ones that she has identified that local constituents care a lot about.  I get the impression that the district is pretty pro-gun, so my GUESS would be she has a traditional R view on guns.  Plus her husband is a west point grad and Iraq war vet, so I would be very surprised if she was not pro-gun.
I hope so, we need pro-gun people.

However, General McChrystal is a West Point grad and an Iraq war vet...  I know a lot of people who have those qualifications and who are absolutely not at all pro gun.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 61
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top