Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Did shoulder press. Then tried Klokovs but they it caused too much pain. I changed my bench to a wider grip and it has made my left shoulder get really sore. Feels fine in press but when I go wide it hurts.

Did hang cleans got a 195# pr then went for 200#s failed my attempt because I didn't pull hard enough. Pulled way too hard on 2nd attempt but got it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:
Did shoulder press. Then tried Klokovs but they it caused too much pain. I changed my bench to a wider grip and it has made my left shoulder get really sore. Feels fine in press but when I go wide it hurts.

Did hang cleans got a 195# pr then went for 200#s failed my attempt because I didn't pull hard enough. Pulled way too hard on 2nd attempt but got it.

http://youtu.be/wZnVlEHcuuc
View Quote

Your leg extension machine looks a little fucky.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hank:

There's just something about it. Even the texture of it with the peanut butter in it, while being grainier, is somehow more pleasant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By frayedknot:
Originally Posted By SCW:
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
Is it just me, or does switching your hands on alternating grip for deadlifts feel extremely unnatural?

I'm ambidextrous, which means I am equally uncomfortable with either hand alternated.  I'm surprised it works so well, double overhand feels much better.

Wait. What are we talking about again?

Tried a choco protein, coffee, pb shake today. Amazingly awesome! Thanks Hank!

There's just something about it. Even the texture of it with the peanut butter in it, while being grainier, is somehow more pleasant.

Where is this recipe? I'm too lazy to look back
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Sean124:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sean124:

http://youtu.be/wZnVlEHcuuc

LOL. I refuse to upgrade until I move inside because it will melt away.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Is it just me, or does switching your hands on alternating grip for deadlifts feel extremely unnatural?
View Quote

not only unnatural but it hurts if heavy enough
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:07:57 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

I'm ambidextrous, which means I am equally uncomfortable with either hand alternated.  I'm surprised it works so well, double overhand feels much better.

Wait. What are we talking about again?

Tried a choco protein, coffee, pb shake today. Amazingly awesome! Thanks Hank!

A non-dairy option:

16 oz strong coffee
2 scoops choco carnivor
2 tb peanut butter
Ice cubes
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:54:18 AM EDT
[#11]

I do:

8oz coffee over ice
Two scoops combat cookies and cream
1-2 servings creamy peanut butter
10-12oz milk

In a shaker bottle. Very good stuffs.
View Quote

The peanut butter mixes with just a shaker?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:47:37 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

I do:

8oz coffee over ice
Two scoops combat cookies and cream
1-2 servings creamy peanut butter
10-12oz milk

In a shaker bottle. Very good stuffs.

dont use chunky
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#13]
After a workout I decided to screw around on the rower. I busted my ass for a whopping 30 seconds and at that pace I saw I was close to the gym record so I stopped, and checked the board. 1:26 for 500 meters. I figured I could endure anything for under two minutes and busted out 1:36 but was really hurting the last minute. The first 30 seconds I was on average pace to at least tie it. So my goal after the meet in two months is likely to get on the board for a 500m row. It is about the only way I could get my name on there. The squat record I think is 635, bench is 440 and deadlift is 675, so that isn't likely.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MrKasab:
After a workout I decided to screw around on the rower. I busted my ass for a whopping 30 seconds and at that pace I saw I was close to the gym record so I stopped, and checked the board. 1:26 for 500 meters. I figured I could endure anything for under two minutes and busted out 1:36 but was really hurting the last minute. The first 30 seconds I was on average pace to at least tie it. So my goal after the meet in two months is likely to get on the board for a 500m row. It is about the only way I could get my name on there. The squat record I think is 635, bench is 440 and deadlift is 675, so that isn't likely.
View Quote

My gym doesnt have a record board. They might be open for it. Its a Golds but they're pretty cool
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Just start writing your numbers on the wall. They'll get the hint.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

My gym doesnt have a record board. They might be open for it. Its a Golds but they're pretty cool
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

My 24 hour used to. The deadlift record wasn't very high
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:20:47 AM EDT
[#17]
My gym posts records on the wall. I own all of them.

Of course, I'm the only lifter in my garage.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#18]
We got a PL record board, broken down by weightclass and age.  I own the 220lb, 34-49y/o  

only because one guy dropped down to 198
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:19:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SCW] [#19]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
5x5 squats at 330# FML.
View Quote

I realized today what an ass kicker that was.  5x5 at 75% is brutal.

I got 335x4 today, nice rebound from last week.  I felt like I maybe could have done one more, but wanted to do another set of two or three instead.  That second set was one . 335x4 calcs to a 380lb max which is 20lbs from my January goal.  I think I can make it, I'm being really cautious so I don't have any minor injuries hold me back a few weeks here and there.  I figure as long as I stay down to weights I can get 3 or 4 reps with I'm still getting a good workout and not pushing limits too bad.

Then I did 5x10 front squats at 155.  Not really moving much today.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#20]

I realized today what an ass kicker that was. 5x5 at 75% is brutal.

I got 335x4 today, nice rebound from last week.  I felt like I maybe could have done one more, but wanted to do another set of two or three instead.  That second set was one . 335x4 calcs to a 380lb max which is 20lbs from my January goal.  I think I can make it, I'm being really cautious so I don't have any minor injuries hold me back a few weeks here and there.  I figure as long as I stay down to weights I can get 3 or 4 reps with I'm still getting a good workout and not pushing limits too bad.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
5x5 squats at 330# FML.

I realized today what an ass kicker that was. 5x5 at 75% is brutal.

hell yeah it is! Try Beyond 5/3/1, in the first phase you do 5x5 at 75% for your secondary lift, on the second and third phases that's bumped up to 7 sets of 5!  Toss in the rest time capped at 60 seconds per set...you are sucking wind by the 4th set, and have 3 more to go!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#21]
My gym posts records on the wall. I own all of them.

Of course, I'm the only lifter in my garage.
View Quote

Same. But none of my records are very impressive.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#22]
hit 1220Lb on the Big 3 in one session today with a 315 bench, 405 Squat and a 500 Dead, had quite a bit left on the tank with the bench and squat but wanted to save some gas for the dead. Probably could have gotten alot closer to 1300lbs if I had gone balls out.

I've never done all 3 in one session for max(ish) level weights before, really wasnt that bad, got it all done in less than an hour, including all of the warm up.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Rowing fast is much easier in your mind than it is when you actually start going.  My best 1000 meters in a competition was 3:00, so a perfect 1:30 split.  And it about killed me.  Last week I did a sprint tabata on the rower, eventually ending in 3 sets of 10 second sprints, max effort.   I was able to pull 1:16,  when pulling wide open.  For only a few seconds though.  I was pulling so hard I ripped a callous.  First time that's happened rowing.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Sometimes I look at people and wonder how they can be that fat. I eat to the point of being past full and barely gain any weight.

Just this morning I had to convince myself to eat, was still feeling full from last night.

I just don't understand how they can eat that much to maintain that level of fatness.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
hit 1220Lb on the Big 3 in one session today with a 315 bench, 405 Squat and a 500 Dead, had quite a bit left on the tank with the bench and squat but wanted to save some gas for the dead. Probably could have gotten alot closer to 1300lbs if I had gone balls out.

I've never done all 3 in one session for max(ish) level weights before, really wasnt that bad, got it all done in less than an hour, including all of the warm up.
View Quote

That's awesome.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Awesome, good job! 1200lbs is a good solid number
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Sometimes I look at people and wonder how they can be that fat. I eat to the point of being past full and barely gain any weight.

Just this morning I had to convince myself to eat, was still feeling full from last night.

I just don't understand how they can eat that much to maintain that level of fatness.
View Quote

Being sedentary.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By flinch08:
That's awesome.
View All Quotes

That's awesome.
It was interesting, this is the recovery week for 5/3/1 BBB so I wanted to do something particularly challenging that isnt necessarily programmed.

Of course rolling tonight in BJJ is going to be challenging but such is life.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:02:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#29]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

Being sedentary.
View All Quotes

Being sedentary.

I see them wondering around Walmart, it has to take some energy to even move. I can't even comprehend how much I would have to eat to make my waist size the same as my height.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:26:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Poop thread. Shut it down.
View All Quotes

Being sedentary.

I see them wondering around Walmart, it has to take some energy to even move. I can't even comprehend how much I would have to eat to make my waste size the same as my height.

Poop thread. Shut it down.

Yes large poops.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#32]

I see them wondering around Walmart, it has to take some energy to even move. I can't even comprehend how much I would have to eat to make my waist size the same as my height.
View All Quotes

Being sedentary.

They burn 87 calories walking (or rolling) around Walmart. Then they go home to watch TV and eat 4,700 calories worth of carbs that day. That is how you get multiple back titties.

I ate a bunch last nigh too. Was still full this morning. After eating a few eggs, spicy sausage, and a shake, I'm stuffed and feel nasty. The good news is I have a hour and a half until I'm scheduled to eat again.

If you ever do poop 5'6", take pictures. That will be some kind of record... Quote after edit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Being sedentary.

Not to play the "genetics" card but that has a lot to do with it.

I pack on fat. Easily. Sit me down at a computer and I will eat cheez its and whole fuckin' pizzas without a second thought. I put on so much weight in college it was absurd, partly due to the Double Big Gulp (that's 64oz folks, they don't sell those anymore) of Full-Bore mountain dew I would grab at 7-11 every morning, it was gone by lunch. That's 1000 calories, just in a pre-lunch beverage. Trust me, just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done. I struggle with it still, but lifting helps a lot.

I literally am in the smallest waist-size pants (34 inch jeans I can pull off without unbuttoning) that I have been in since I hit puberty. It's fucking easy, if you grow up in a sedentary household, get a sedentary job, and eat junk food constantly.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By therex:

I pack on fat. Easily. Sit me down at a computer and I will eat cheez its and whole fuckin' pizzas without a second thought. I put on so much weight in college it was absurd, partly due to the Double Big Gulp (that's 64oz folks, they don't sell those anymore) of Full-Bore mountain dew I would grab at 7-11 every morning, it was gone by lunch. That's 1000 calories, just in a pre-lunch beverage. Trust me, just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done. I struggle with it still, but lifting helps a lot.

I literally am in the smallest waist-size pants (34 inch jeans I can pull off without unbuttoning) that I have been in since I hit puberty. It's fucking easy, if you grow up in a sedentary household, get a sedentary job, and eat junk food constantly.
View All Quotes

Being sedentary.

Yup. I could be 300# easy. Sit and eat.

That's why it's so odd to me when folks cry about not gaining weight.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Being sedentary.

500+ is a big jump from 300#s. But I see those huge beasts in Walmart all the time.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Being sedentary.

Im closer than comfort at #275, but dammit I like to eat and with lifting heavy it keeps those 285lbs mostly muscle.

Except the beer cooler to keep my six pack cold, er warm I mean
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:31:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Got a 220# front squat today.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
Dont we owe you a belt if you hit #225?

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:51:26 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

I'm not worried

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Being sedentary.
View All Quotes

Being sedentary.

I DUNO.  My pizza delivery guy got out of his blazer yesterday.  That's being pretty active.  He weighed 450 easy.  I felt guilty about eating the pizza before I even took a bite.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Being sedentary.

I read that fat has a hormone or some shit that makes you fatter/store more fat/something.  In my quest to understand fat loss and muscle retention I came across something to that affect.  Broscience101
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By bakkbakk:

I DUNO.  My pizza delivery guy got out of his blazer yesterday.  That's being pretty active.  He weighed 450 easy.  I felt guilty about eating the pizza before I even took a bite.
View All Quotes

Being sedentary.

I had the same thing happen to me.  He almost died walking up my stairs.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:14:15 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm not worried  
View All Quotes

I'm not worried  

You should be.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Being sedentary.

Ugh.  In Wisconsin I actually got up and walked out of a restaurant when I was placed right next to three of the biggest, grossest slobs I'd seen in a very long time.  I can't eat across from that.

My wife's aunt is enormous, she's really nice but I don't have a lot of respect for anyone with zero self control.  Slow motion suicide.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Like a fuckin' year later. Shoulda put an expiration date on that. :-p

Also, need video, because:

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:02:53 AM EDT
[#48]

http://i.imgur.com/NQHKSVE.gif

View All Quotes

http://i.imgur.com/NQHKSVE.gif

Yep, should have.

There will be much video.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:35:43 AM EDT
[#49]

I read that fat has a hormone or some shit that makes you fatter/store more fat/something.  In my quest to understand fat loss and muscle retention I came across something to that affect.  Broscience101
View All Quotes

Being sedentary.

Leptin...
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:38:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Flashover343] [#50]

500+ is a big jump from 300#s. But I see those huge beasts in Walmart all the time.

<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/FB_IMG_1444066108823_zpsufonnql1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/FB_IMG_1444066108823_zpsufonnql1.jpg</a>
View Quote

You got to wonder...at some point way before 500lbs, wouldn't you look at yourself and go...."Holy FUCK!, i better get this under control!"
Page / 769
Top Top