BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Flashover343:

You got to wonder...at some point way before 500lbs, wouldn't you look at yourself and go...."Holy FUCK!, i better get this under control!"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaiK:

500+ is a big jump from 300#s. But I see those huge beasts in Walmart all the time.

<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/FB_IMG_1444066108823_zpsufonnql1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/FB_IMG_1444066108823_zpsufonnql1.jpg</a>

You got to wonder...at some point way before 500lbs, wouldn't you look at yourself and go...."Holy FUCK!, i better get this under control!"

People lie to themselves all the time about all sorts of things. I hold all the records at my gym. #satisfied
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Bullshit broke thread.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm having cake for breakfast today.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

500+ is a big jump from 300#s. But I see those huge beasts in Walmart all the time.

<a href="http://s111.photobucket.com/user/kaik78/media/FB_IMG_1444066108823_zpsufonnql1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/kaik78/FB_IMG_1444066108823_zpsufonnql1.jpg</a>

You would think but then you wouldn't get government assistance and a mobility scooter.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By therex:
Like a fuckin' year later. Shoulda put an expiration date on that. :-p

Also, need video, because:
http://i.imgur.com/NQHKSVE.gif

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
Got a 220# front squat today.
Dont we owe you a belt if you hit #225?  

I invested the $20 I was going to send for the belt at the time of the offer. Fucking millionaire now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 8:55:07 AM EDT
[#6]

You would think but then you wouldn't get government assistance and a mobility scooter.
View All Quotes

I put flame stickers on my sled.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

If they don't do that before they hit 300 lbs, most likely they just give up and eat all of the things. In this day and age it is more acceptable to submit to laziness and gluttony, than it is to show discipline and responsibility for your health, strength, and weight. This is why I fully support fat shaming.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:31:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bakkbakk:

I DUNO.  My pizza delivery guy got out of his blazer yesterday.  That's being pretty active.  He weighed 450 easy.  I felt guilty about eating the pizza before I even took a bite.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bakkbakk:
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Sometimes I look at people and wonder how they can be that fat. I eat to the point of being past full and barely gain any weight.

Just this morning I had to convince myself to eat, was still feeling full from last night.

I just don't understand how they can eat that much to maintain that level of fatness.

Being sedentary.

I DUNO.  My pizza delivery guy got out of his blazer yesterday.  That's being pretty active.  He weighed 450 easy.  I felt guilty about eating the pizza before I even took a bite.

I'd say he was pretty fat when he started the job.  And, it's probably like being a cop.  You sit in a car all day on your ass.  Sometimes you get out, but it's not the same thing as being on your feet all day.

Once you're that fat, just walking is like us grabbing some KBs or farmer's handles and walking around with them.  It's probably tiring as shit just walking up some stairs.  They do a little bit of walking and they're exhausted.  That makes them hungry again.  And it doesn't help that we buy them scooters and shit now.  Nor that we buy all their fucking food because they're probably FSA.

In other news, I have found the lost ark.  Chocolate elation granola mix I found at the grocery store.  Tastes pretty much the same as eating a box of cocoa krispies.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

If they don't do that before they hit 300 lbs, most likely they just give up and eat all of the things. In this day and age it is more acceptable to submit to laziness and gluttony, than it is to show discipline and responsibility for your health, strength, and weight. This is why I fully support fat shaming.
View All Quotes

Bunch of fatists around here. I expected better from California.

I come from a line of tough guys. My uncle Eddie was a huge fat guy. Short. Ugly. Really really nice. Teetotaler, churchgoer. He spent a bunch of time counseling me after my dad passed. "Be good. Be calm." All that kind of stuff. After he passed his oldest son told me that every year on family vacation he would end up beating the shit out of somebody. Two weeks of dealing with fighting kids and shitty traffic before somebody decided that little fat guy could be pushed. Head like a pumpkin and fingers like sausages. Funny stuff. What's not funny is that he and my father both died young from massive heart attacks. Big reason I live the way I do.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By frayedknot:

I invested the $20 I was going to send for the belt at the time of the offer. Fucking millionaire now.
View All Quotes

Sweet, going to buy me something nice now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Squat day

think im just going to rep as much as possible with 225 untill i cant do any or maybe till 100. Whichever comes first,  then a few calf raises

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Squat day

think im just going to rep as much as possible with 225 untill i cant do any or maybe till 100. Whichever comes first,  then a few calf raises

View Quote

I've found that it doesn't matter if my squat 1RM is 315 or 415, but 225x20 sucks. Major goat balls. Either it must get better as you get stronger or you like to be spanked in the dungeon.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#13]

I've found that it doesn't matter if my squat 1RM is 315 or 415, but 225x20 sucks. Major goat balls. Either it must get better as you get stronger or you like to be spanked in the dungeon.
View All Quotes
Squat day

My 1RM is over 400 and I can only rep 135 around 40 times before failure, much less 225.  I did 315 for 10 reps yesterday and it sucked.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:36:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By flinch08:

I come from a line of tough guys. My uncle Eddie was a huge fat guy. Short. Ugly. Really really nice. Teetotaler, churchgoer. He spent a bunch of time counseling me after my dad passed. "Be good. Be calm." All that kind of stuff. After he passed his oldest son told me that every year on family vacation he would end up beating the shit out of somebody. Two weeks of dealing with fighting kids and shitty traffic before somebody decided that little fat guy could be pushed. Head like a pumpkin and fingers like sausages. Funny stuff. What's not funny is that he and my father both died young from massive heart attacks. Big reason I live the way I do.
View All Quotes

Both of my parents are obese. Dad has high blood pressure. Mom has heart problems and is showing her age quick. She gasses out quickly doing too much. I think it has to do with the weight. Grandfather is also obese, has bad knees from the weight, and the diabetes. Most of my family is fat. I'm 175 lbs, resting HR is 65 spo2 is 99, BP is 110/70 as of this morning. Wife is 108 lbs and she's hotter than a two dollar pistol... I checked.

The good news is my dead is up to the point where each day of SL5x5 is a pr. The bad news is that is just barely over my body weight.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#15]

My 1RM is over 400 and I can only rep 135 around 40 times before failure, much less 225.  I did 315 for 10 reps yesterday and it sucked.
View All Quotes
Squat day

I havnt done a max squat in a long time. This May I would warm up with 225x20 no problem. Then work my way up to 405 for 4-5. Id stop there to keep my back from hurting the next week. I havnt squated since June i think

Im back in the lifting mindset so wanted to jump start my squating again.

3 sets of 10 with 135
The rest at 225

The fact that i only got 15 the first set pissed me off. I was seeing stars halfway through. A couple time I thought I was going to puke of pass out

Finished off my legs with 3 sets of standing calf raises then 3 sets seated calf raises.

Im gassed but feel good.

Link Posted: 10/6/2015 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#16]

I havnt done a max squat in a long time. This May I would warm up with 225x20 no problem. Then work my way up to 405 for 4-5. Id stop there to keep my back from hurting the next week. I havnt squated since June i think

3 sets of 10 with 135
The rest at 225

The fact that i only got 15 the first set pissed me off. I was seeing stars halfway through. A couple time I thought I was going to puke of pass out

Finished off my legs with 3 sets of standing calf raises then 3 sets seated calf raises.

Im gassed but feel good.

View All Quotes
Squat day

3 sets of 10 with 135
The rest at 225

Im gassed but feel good.

Ok, I thought you were going for 100 in one set.  That would be pretty damn impressive.  I want to say Rex did a set of 20 at 315 awhile back.  Though IIRC only the last two were on film?  
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Ok, I thought you were going for 100 in one set.  That would be pretty damn impressive.  I want to say Rex did a set of 20 at 315 awhile back.  Though IIRC only the last two were on film?  
View Quote

I hate coming off long breaks and seeing how much i lost in just a few months. 315x20 sounds like a good short term goal. To much running in armor didnt help either.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Today was one of those going through the motions days. Hit my reps but nothing special.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Both of my parents are obese. Dad has high blood pressure. Mom has heart problems and is showing her age quick. She gasses out quickly doing too much. I think it has to do with the weight. Grandfather is also obese, has bad knees from the weight, and the diabetes. Most of my family is fat. I'm 175 lbs, resting HR is 65 spo2 is 99, BP is 110/70 as of this morning. Wife is 108 lbs and she's hotter than a two dollar pistol... I checked.

The good news is my dead is up to the point where each day of SL5x5 is a pr. The bad news is that is just barely over my body weight.
View All Quotes

Progress is progress little buddy.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:02:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatBag] [#20]

View All Quotes

He's usin' the roidz now, so it doesn't count

Also saw a guy doing muscle-ups. Not the shitty crossfit ones; real ones
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:

View All Quotes

Not on roids yet.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:00:50 AM EDT
[#22]

I hate coming off long breaks and seeing how much i lost in just a few months. 315x20 sounds like a good short term goal. To much running in armor didnt help either.

View All Quotes

That was the most miserable I've been in a long time. After 12 you want to quit, but it's only 8 more...

And yes, I made the mistake of only posting the last handful, because I wanted an instagram-able video. #dealwithit
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#23]
That was the most miserable I've been in a long time. After 12 you want to quit, but it's only 8 more...

And yes, I made the mistake of only posting the last handful, because I wanted an instagram-able video. #dealwithit
View All Quotes

Absolutely. We believe you. Really we do. Gospel.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:23:33 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

We believe yoi, but do it again and record it to clear up any doubt
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Which ones are the shitty CF ones? Kipping or strict? Because gymnasts do both
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

The goal in CF is to be able to do strict MUs as well.  There's no point in doing them strict when you have to do multiples, and when you are conserving as much energy/strength as possible.  Also, there's a gymnastics gym in my gym, and I see the gymnasts kip into MUs all the time.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 10:53:58 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

lol. I have all the footage somewhere. I'll post it someday to shut you all up. But not today. Tomorrow's not looking good either. Just gonna have to trust me.

I should do it again, though.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#28]
I think tonight, 20@315 deadlift attempt, that should suck pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

One rep at a time.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#30]
NPR just ran a segment on visualization training for sports and intense situations. Great information.

I know ROG has talked about it in the past.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#31]
NPR just ran a segment on visualization training for sports and intense situations. Great information.

View Quote

We used it extensively when I was a competitive pistol shooter.  The better you can visualize every detail the more you can turn off the conscience mind and let the subconscious mind do its job.  I only somewhat do it for lifting, should probably do more.  I should visualize myself being skinny and handsome too.

There is a great book on the subject that improved my shooting score by a significant amount called 'The inner game of Tennis'.

I'll try to find a recording of the NPR bit, sounds interesting and NPR should be encouraged to produce more than just the leftist drivel they typically spew.

Link Posted: 10/7/2015 1:17:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SCW:

We used it extensively when I was a competitive pistol shooter.  The better you can visualize every detail the more you can turn off the conscience mind and let the subconscious mind do its job.  I only somewhat do it for lifting, should probably do more.  I should visualize myself being skinny and handsome too.

There is a great book on the subject that improved my shooting score by a significant amount called 'The inner game of Tennis'.

I'll try to find a recording of the NPR bit, sounds interesting and NPR should be encouraged to produce more than just the leftist drivel they typically spew.

View All Quotes

Membership drive week. They usually do some good stuff when they want money.

I'll look for the book. I think I have been doing it on a subconscious level. With a lot of things.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:11:18 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

I did chest this morning but i might go back to try that tonight. Good luck
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

That does sound sucky.

Deads are the only lift I stick to just low reps.  The one time I injured myself doing them was high reps.  I just got lazy and let my form break down.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:15:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:

That does sound sucky.

Deads are the only lift I stick to just low reps.  The one time I injured myself doing them was high reps.  I just got lazy and let my form break down.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:

That does sound sucky.

Opposite for me.  I did 30 reps at 225# this week and my back has never felt better.  When I go anywhere near my 1RM is when I get hurt.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#36]

sorry for the shit angle, i think the munchkin bumped the desk I had the phone on
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#37]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA-Cp45uqe4

sorry for the shit angle, i think the munchkin bumped the desk I had the phone on
View Quote

That's a great way to both motivate yourself and teach your kids to count at the same time
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

I only saw 1 DEADlift...and 19 bouncelifts.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

315# of iron doesnt really bounce

Good job Rex!
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:56:42 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Et tu, Bro-te?

It actually was pretty easy. Used my back too much, probably because I could. Easily had 5 more, definitely was running out of breath before running out of gas. #feelsgoodman
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Et tu, Bro-te?

It actually was pretty easy. Used my back too much, probably because I could. Easily had 5 more, definitely was running out of breath before running out of gas. #feelsgoodman
View All Quotes

Et tu, Bro-te?

Nice.  Hit 315 on bench this morning.  Then a burnout set of 225# x 12.  And 135# x 30.  Doing the 10x3 last week really helped.  Just in one week.  A couples weeks ago I missed 300#.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:01:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By cowboy:
You people and your gainz are killing me.

Off to the doc again today, trying to get my back working. 7 weeks out from injury.  
View Quote

Knowing the difference between pain and injury is tough.  After driving 50-something hours over a few days last week (utah to OKC to Dallas to Branson to St. Louis to OKC to Utah) I decided to lift heavy even though I hadn't been stretching and the sciatic was a bit active.  Should have worked on stretching first...

I did dead lifts today thinking it will either help or hurt.  I stretched a lot first and worked up to 315 for several reps but didn't want to push too hard.  Squats on monday seemed to really aggravate it.  Yesterday I'd occasionally get a sharp jab that would momentarily buckle the leg.  today seems to be doing much better after the dead lifts.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

You lift good but damn you suck at the videoing.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

I'm the AntiKaiK.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:53:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#46]
I'm the AntiKaiK.  
View All Quotes

I'm the AntiKaiK.  

I use to video but the Ocean got angry and took my gopro.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#48]

I have something pressing on a nerve I think. I have a pretty constant pain in my right glute area that sometimes goes down my leg, much like sciatica would. I also have a spot on my lower back/hip area that hurts bad enough when pressure is applied I worry about blacking out. Between the two of them, I still can't stand up, sit down, or get in my truck without pain. Bending over is also out of the question.

My doc originally said it was just swelling and inflammation from a muscle injury, and threw pain pills at me. Said he'd send me to a PT if it didn't get better. Went to a chiro after that and he said it was my L5/S1 out of whack. He got it moved around and got rid of a lot of the original pain and got me moving without a cane, but progress stalled after that. sidebar: My spine used to be bad fucked up. straight where it should curve and vice versa and disks going down the wrong path. Strength training has given me a spine even the chiro was impressed with.

I'm gonna try to talk the doc into an MRI or something today just to get a better idea of whats going on.
View All Quotes
You people and your gainz are killing me.

Off to the doc again today, trying to get my back working. 7 weeks out from injury.  

Knowing the difference between pain and injury is tough.  After driving 50-something hours over a few days last week (utah to OKC to Dallas to Branson to St. Louis to OKC to Utah) I decided to lift heavy even though I hadn't been stretching and the sciatic was a bit active.  Should have worked on stretching first...

I did dead lifts today thinking it will either help or hurt.  I stretched a lot first and worked up to 315 for several reps but didn't want to push too hard.  Squats on monday seemed to really aggravate it.  Yesterday I'd occasionally get a sharp jab that would momentarily buckle the leg.  today seems to be doing much better after the dead lifts.

I have something pressing on a nerve I think. I have a pretty constant pain in my right glute area that sometimes goes down my leg, much like sciatica would. I also have a spot on my lower back/hip area that hurts bad enough when pressure is applied I worry about blacking out. Between the two of them, I still can't stand up, sit down, or get in my truck without pain. Bending over is also out of the question.

My doc originally said it was just swelling and inflammation from a muscle injury, and threw pain pills at me. Said he'd send me to a PT if it didn't get better. Went to a chiro after that and he said it was my L5/S1 out of whack. He got it moved around and got rid of a lot of the original pain and got me moving without a cane, but progress stalled after that. sidebar: My spine used to be bad fucked up. straight where it should curve and vice versa and disks going down the wrong path. Strength training has given me a spine even the chiro was impressed with.

I'm gonna try to talk the doc into an MRI or something today just to get a better idea of whats going on.

Sounds like a lot of the pain I get from DLing heavy.  Good luck with the MRIs and the docs, but I'm pretty jaded about their abilities/motivations at this point.  I find that heavy doses of alleve work as well as anything.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#50]
It's been talked about before on this forum, but there's a guy from Canada that seems to have pretty good luck helping with back problems through training.  I wish I could remember his name for you....

I read his stuff a while back and changed how I do ab work.  Now I don't ever flex the spine unless I need to, his take is that you only have so many bends in a spine, don't waste them doing sit-ups when you still want to tie your shoes when you are 90.  

Anyway, I hurt my back years ago picking up a trailer tongue and it's hurt in the same place when I do stupid things. Like squat too deep and flex the spine (butt wink) and still try to push the weight up.  That's what I did most recently that caused it to hurt on my drive.  

I also hurt it this spring doing dead lifts with bad form.   I'm much more attentive about my form on deads now.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top