Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 769
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
This morning's workout started off strong, and like a kid with ADD I fucking wandered off and started dicking around....gotta just follow the sheet. I have to go look at a job today and my brain started to wander on me and before I knew it I was doing sissy squats and light deadlifts rather than just hitting some backoff sets and then taking a shower.

Either way, my squat is up 70 lbs from January, and my weight is up 14 lbs....feeling a lot better about myself.
View Quote

That's great progress man.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#2]
It was a bigger project than I thought it would be to get the barbell out of the tube. That cardboard was no joke.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Progression of my belt holes in the past year…

Attachment Attached File

COVID last August jump started almost a 10 lb weight loss in 4 days. Since then I haven’t been eating as much…as in I’ve puked a couple of times after eating too much in one sitting.

Currently around 200 after a high of 225-230 in Dec 2021 without intentionally “dieting”. Still can’t run without shin pain though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 7:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By frayedknot:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/111557/0D9D40EA-9217-4DF3-BFEF-72804B0F1768_jpe-2741955.JPG

COVID last August jump started almost a 10 lb weight loss in 4 days. Since then I haven’t been eating as much…as in I’ve puked a couple of times after eating too much in one sitting.

Currently around 200 after a high of 225-230 in Dec 2021 without intentionally “dieting”. Still can’t run without shin pain though.
View Quote

Could be those sneakers
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:36:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:

Baller, takes me over two sets the hit 18 reps.
View Quote

Took me a minute to get here.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]

If you've only had a cheapie prior to that one...you're gonna enjoy it.

I had one of the cheap ones for awhile and I actually broke the sleeves off it. I had to tape it too because the knurling was so bad.

I felt like spider man after getting a TPB.
View Quote

Me too, all that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MAbowhunter:
The one I've been using is a cap barbell from the 90s that I bent the first time I squatted 355. It's rusty and the screw holding one of the sleeves on keeps backing out. I'm excited to use the new one on Monday. It's good to over a 1k, I'll never put a bend in it.
View Quote

Wow, that's awful.  You're going to love it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
This morning's workout started off strong, and like a kid with ADD I fucking wandered off and started dicking around....gotta just follow the sheet. I have to go look at a job today and my brain started to wander on me and before I knew it I was doing sissy squats and light deadlifts rather than just hitting some backoff sets and then taking a shower.

Either way, my squat is up 70 lbs from January, and my weight is up 14 lbs....feeling a lot better about myself.
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:39:42 PM EDT
[#9]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/111557/0D9D40EA-9217-4DF3-BFEF-72804B0F1768_jpe-2741955.JPG

View Quote

I feel you. I'm finally back from covid.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Nice!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Nice!

I'm gonna squat double my bodyweight for 5 again, even if I have to cut 25 lbs to do it. Might be a hack there...get fluffy and strong....lose the fluff, keep the strong....higher power to weight ratio.

40 is coming fast and my peers keep getting fatter and older....I choose not to do that.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 12:06:07 AM EDT
[#11]
One thing I noticed holding them both in each hand, the rogue bar is a couple pounds heavier than the cap bar.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 12:37:04 AM EDT
[#12]
One thing I noticed holding them both in each hand, the rogue bar is a couple pounds heavier than the cap bar.
View Quote

Is your Cap bar a 35 lb'er?
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 2:09:00 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

How long do you think it took to get back to 100%?
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 2:10:02 AM EDT
[#14]

I'm gonna squat double my bodyweight for 5 again, even if I have to cut 25 lbs to do it. Might be a hack there...get fluffy and strong....lose the fluff, keep the strong....higher power to weight ratio.

40 is coming fast and my peers keep getting fatter and older....I choose not to do that.
View All Quotes

Nice!

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 2:12:25 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a later admission come in so my back workout got cut in half.

I just did deadlifts. I might do pullups while my kids eat lunch tomorrow.

135-10
225-10
315-20
315-12
315-10
315-10
315-10

I'm not sure why I did that
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 5:21:51 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Supposed to be 45. It didn't feel like a 10 difference, more like 3 or 4. Makes me want to weigh it though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 7:48:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Supposed to be 45. It didn't feel like a 10 difference, more like 3 or 4. Makes me want to weigh it though.
View All Quotes

I have an old set of iron plates I bought cheap from a guy. I weighed them all and everything was pretty much right on except one of the 45's....it was 50 lbs.

I was using them for deadlifting and thought for sure my bar felt heavier on one side....it was way heavier on one side.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:43:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

View Quote

2 years at least.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

I'm 44 and in great shape.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#20]

2 years at least.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:

2 years at least.

At least a year for me. My lung capacity was garbage for entirely to long.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Nice!

In my early 30s I was in better shape than most of my peers,  now I'm early 40s and I'm in better shape than all of my peers. Feels good man.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#22]
It was a bigger project than I thought it would be to get the barbell out of the tube. That cardboard was no joke.
View Quote

Been there!
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Looks like its time to bulk again ?
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:48:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sitdwnandhngon] [#24]

In my early 30s I was in better shape than most of my peers,  now I'm early 40s and I'm in better shape than all of my peers. Feels good man.
View All Quotes

Nice!

I make a habit of people watching in our town. It's always sad to watch all the new graduates that are mostly thin blow up like balloons in a year or two after getting out of school.

When I was 32 I was on a job with a bunch of 18 year olds. I was working with one of the kids one day and he goes "So how old are you?"....."32"....."Jesus, I hope I look like you when I'm 32".

That was the year I ran boring but big for several cycles, so I was looking decent, but I thought it was sad that he had already resigned himself to being fat and old by the time he was in his 30's.

My 20 year class reunion is in 2024, and of the classmates that still live around here, I'm one of the few in decent shape....they are so fat.

My wife is cutting right now, she turned 39 recently and her weight had been creeping up for a few years....I didn't say much because she's a good wife and a hard worker, but she had reached a new heaviest point. She mentioned she wanted to set a good goal for the year leading up to 40 and I told her to cut 40 lbs. That would put her at the weight she graduated high school, and honestly she was perfectly fine at 20 lbs over that because she was a string bean in high school.

She agreed and is working pretty hard at it now. She's down 9 lbs in 7 weeks and starting to look better. I told her wait until 20 lbs and she'll look like a new person. 40 is the goal, with 30+ being acceptable for the year...because there's going to be some stalls in there, always is.

It's so wild how I go the other way, I spend all year losing weight. I got sick as a dog on Christmas and by the time it was all done I was 149 lbs. Down from 173 that spring.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#25]

I make a habit of people watching in our town. It's always sad to watch all the new graduates that are mostly thin blow up like balloons in a year or two after getting out of school.

When I was 32 I was on a job with a bunch of 18 year olds. I was working with one of the kids one day and he goes "So how old are you?"....."32"....."Jesus, I hope I look like you when I'm 32".

That was the year I ran boring but big for several cycles, so I was looking decent, but I thought it was sad that he had already resigned himself to being fat and old by the time he was in his 30's.

My 20 year class reunion is in 2024, and of the classmates that still live around here, I'm one of the few in decent shape....they are so fat.

My wife is cutting right now, she turned 39 recently and her weight had been creeping up for a few years....I didn't say much because she's a good wife and a hard worker, but she had reached a new heaviest point. She mentioned she wanted to set a good goal for the year leading up to 40 and I told her to cut 40 lbs. That would put her at the weight she graduated high school, and honestly she was perfectly fine at 20 lbs over that because she was a string bean in high school.

She agreed and is working pretty hard at it now. She's down 9 lbs in 7 weeks and starting to look better. I told her wait until 20 lbs and she'll look like a new person. 40 is the goal, with 30+ being acceptable for the year...because there's going to be some stalls in there, always is.

It's so wild how I go the other way, I spend all year losing weight. I got sick as a dog on Christmas and by the time it was all done I was 149 lbs. Down from 173 that spring.
View Quote

Me at 212# 44 years old.  I don't understand how you can be so light. Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/12/2023 10:43:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Back under the bar today for the first time since Thanksgiving.

Had a whole lot of fucked up stuff going on since then, business and personal, including my second round of the COVIDS. Lost 25 lbs and now weak as shit.

I will run a LP for a few weeks to get back up to speed. Today I only went for 225x5 squat, 225x3 bench, and 315x3 DL. Felt pretty good. I tried not to push too hard, but I think I’m still gonna have some DOMS. Oh well.

@kaik good to see you back.

Link Posted: 3/13/2023 6:04:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sitdwnandhngon] [#27]

Me at 212# 44 years old.  I don't understand how you can be so light. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/20230306_213937_jpg-2743999.JPG
View All Quotes

Me at 212# 44 years old.  I don't understand how you can be so light. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/20230306_213937_jpg-2743999.JPG

I'm barely 5'9".

My favorite weight is between 175-180. I've gone over 180 before and that's where my stamina and speed really take a big hit.

I was 155 in college, soccer player's body.

I was 149 after Christmas because I had spent almost 3 days shitting non stop, it wasn't good.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By grady:
Back under the bar today for the first time since Thanksgiving.

Had a whole lot of fucked up stuff going on since then, business and personal, including my second round of the COVIDS. Lost 25 lbs and now weak as shit.

I will run a LP for a few weeks to get back up to speed. Today I only went for 225x5 squat, 225x3 bench, and 315x3 DL. Felt pretty good. I tried not to push too hard, but I think I’m still gonna have some DOMS. Oh well.

@kaik good to see you back.

Thanks, it's good to be back.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2023 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#29]

I was 149 after Christmas because I had spent almost 3 days shitting non stop, it wasn't good.
View Quote

That doesn't sound fun at all.

Have you tried being fat. J/K.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2023 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

I did actually when I was maybe 30....I didn't like it.

I wasn't any stronger....just fatter. Over bulked.

Almost hit 190, and a not-lean 190 on my frame is pretty damn fat.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#31]

I did actually when I was maybe 30....I didn't like it.

I wasn't any stronger....just fatter. Over bulked.

Almost hit 190, and a not-lean 190 on my frame is pretty damn fat.
View Quote

Being fat is no fun at all.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Me at 47 years old. I’m 48 now and actually improved since this picture.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#33]
My new bar is no longer shiny and clean. It's noticably heavier than the old one. I don't know how much it contributed but I failed the top set for ohp, left side was going up but right side wouldn't on the first attempt, neither side went anywhere on the second attempt. I'm going to be pissed if I find a way to weigh the old bar and it's nowhere close to the 45lbs it's supposed to be.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#34]
My new bar is no longer shiny and clean. It's noticably heavier than the old one. I don't know how much it contributed but I failed the top set for ohp, left side was going up but right side wouldn't on the first attempt, neither side went anywhere on the second attempt. I'm going to be pissed if I find a way to weigh the old bar and it's nowhere close to the 45lbs it's supposed to be.
View Quote

Just stand on the scale with one, then the other, and note the difference.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#35]
BBB bench went fine. I don't know what happened with that 3+ set for ohp.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 1:18:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MAbowhunter] [#36]

Just stand on the scale with one, then the other, and note the difference.
View Quote

Why didn't my dumbass think of that. I'll do that on Thursday before the workout. I'm going to have a hell of a time getting the old bar out of the rafters after I finish today and won't have time again until then.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#37]
All the dumbbell accessories were harder on the right side. I wonder if fighting with the cardboard tube on Saturday and it bothering the tendonitis that had been getting better had anything to do with it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By lefty-weaver-g19:
https://i.postimg.cc/HscV0JM6/806-E9-EFC-470-A-402-B-9-B95-301-D972-FDD8-F.jpg
View Quote

Nice.  You obviously don't like eating as much as I do.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#39]
All the dumbbell accessories were harder on the right side. I wonder if fighting with the cardboard tube on Saturday and it bothering the tendonitis that had been getting better had anything to do with it.
View Quote

Tendinitis sucks.  

Could be, if your brain thinks something is injured, it tries to protect that thing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Lol
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By LoneCoyoteHunter:

Could be those sneakers
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LoneCoyoteHunter:

Could be those sneakers

PSA: Chasing your dog for a block or 2 in Romeleos and knee sleeves is not recommended.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#42]

PSA: Chasing your dog for a block or 2 in Romeleos and knee sleeves is not recommended.
View Quote

The blocks are pretty long over there too.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I eat a lot more than people think.  Lots and lots of whole eggs every day lol.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I just ate at least 2000 calories of Chinese food.  I did lift heavy and run 3 miles, though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#45]

I just ate at least 2000 calories of Chinese food.  I did lift heavy and run 3 miles, though.
View All Quotes

I don’t eat Chinese lol.  I eat an average of 4000 calories a day, but I’m also only 5’7” 170 lbs.  I’ve gained 5 pounds and lost a little body fat over the last year which is huge at my age/size/experience level.  Probably the most productive year I’ve had in a while.  Motivation has been high and I’ve been injury free.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#46]

I don’t eat Chinese lol.  I eat an average of 4000 calories a day, but I’m also only 5’7” 170 lbs.  I’ve gained 5 pounds and lost a little body fat over the last year which is huge at my age/size/experience level.  Probably the most productive year I’ve had in a while.  Motivation has been high and I’ve been injury free.
View Quote

I ate Chinese again for breakfast.  I probably eat around 4000-5000 a day. But I'm 6 foot 212lbs.

I been eating a little more lately because I was feeling weak and losing weight because of all the running I have been doing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#47]
My weight is down around 10#s from the beginning of the year, it's not good weight loss either. I've added conditioning and with all the traveling I've been doing heavy lifting has took a back seat. I was 222# this morning, in the low 230s a few months ago.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm back up to 230, I got down to 219 after covid. I only eat around 3000-3500 calories too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm back up to 230, I got down to 219 after covid. I only eat around 3000-3500 calories too.
View Quote

I do physical stuff at my job some times.

I was lifting AC with another guy today. I just squatted it down to the ground no problem. Him- "wow, that was hard."

Do some squats.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Pretty decent back workout last night

Deadlifts
135x10
225x10
315x­10
365x15
365x11
365x9

Pullup­s
5x5 going slow

Pulldowns
5 sets of max reps with 120lbs
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top