Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1714
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By EOTWAWKI:

I didn’t have money to spare or an investment account until June & didn’t see this thread until it was @ $2.10

Lucky I averaged down.

Seriously thinking about selling 1/4-1/2 my shares @ $2.23 now.
View Quote

Too late. $1.98 and falling. Typical.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m out at 2.07
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I didn’t have money to spare or an investment account until June & didn’t see this thread until it was @ $2.10

Lucky I averaged down.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:
I love it, two amazing days in a row.

I think it is a leak run personally.

Should have bought in with all my spare change when it was down at $1.28.

I wish I had bought all mine at .215 but still have a respectable pps avg of .80 or so.

Lucky I averaged down.

We hate to see you go.....

I'm still holding for a buyout.  I've bought two additional blocks to swing trade but those shares become family heirlooms and I cannot sell them.

Legend or loser....no in between
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]

I'm still holding for a buyout.  I've bought two additional blocks to swing trade but those shares become family heirlooms and I cannot sell them.

View All Quotes
I love it, two amazing days in a row.

I think it is a leak run personally.

Should have bought in with all my spare change when it was down at $1.28.

I wish I had bought all mine at .215 but still have a respectable pps avg of .80 or so.

Lucky I averaged down.

Not really, just too slow, missed the high & figured wtf. Let it ride.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Still riding the ride.  HahaAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 12:18:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#6]
Got a really itchy selling finger at 2.20, and almost pulled the trigger....
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn bloody day. Welp, there’s always tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/24/2020 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 2:23:41 PM EDT
[#11]
MVIS is actually rebounding some this afternoon.  This morning, it looked like it was going to keep sinking.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#12]
People have made small fortunes* trading on MVIS' extreme volatility. And that's when they were actually running a business. Once you get a feel for the ebbs and flows is a decent opportunity to take down your ACB.

*Most of them started with large fortunes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
People have made small fortunes* trading on MVIS' extreme volatility. And that's when they were actually running a business. Once you get a feel for the ebbs and flows is a decent opportunity to take down your ACB.

*Most of them started with large fortunes.
View Quote

I did good on MVIS this week. Hope some of you guys took some profit and then got back in.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I’m not in nearly as deep as you are but I’m waiting for that buyout as well. Figure I’m either out $500 or I’ll have some fun money in time for the prices to settle back to normal (as long as trump wins and the Dems/commies don’t get that revolution they’re looking for).

It bothered me all summer that I didn’t get in at .30 when I wanted to. Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Back up a bit this morning.
@Osprey61 you think it's going to settle back at the 1.50 range or if I want to buy some more just do it now?

*won't hold you accountable either way, I just don't know and don't wanna miss out on a bunch of $ over a little $  It's all play $ at this point
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By cccpNyC:
@Osprey61 you think it's going to settle back at the 1.50 range or if I want to buy some more just do it now?

*won't hold you accountable either way, I just don't know and don't wanna miss out on a bunch of $ over a little $  It's all play $ at this point
View Quote

This is NOT trading advice, but my Magic 8-Ball is a little clearer this morning.

There are eight trading days until the special proxy meeting, and the results are announced. Sharma is making no desperate pitches, which is highly indicative of a "yes" vote (IIRC, the board/CEO are allowed to see the tallies in real time as they accumulate, hence the FCI and FCII when the tide was running against them). They have two endorsements from professional corporate financial analysts, and Vanguard nearly doubled their stake about two weeks ago. Moreover, private investor sentiment appears to be in favor of the proxy, and consider it a catalyst for the eventual deal.

What's all that mean? I would guess we'll see some share price appreciation leading into the event. If you've been watching closely, every time MVIS gets poked with a stick, and actually moves, there's a spike. There's a caveat of course, if the poke yields nothing concrete (and so far none of them has), that spike falls pretty sharply off on the backside. Wouldn't surprise me to see the shorts throw one (or more) serious attempts to put a lid on that growth, so it may be worth waiting for that (almost inevitable) attack to buy on the dip. Short share availability actually hit nearly 500,000 shares yesterday at about an 88% borrow rate, giving them some ammunition. Just bear in mind that window is short, and closing...

Couple of scenarios:

1) The proxy is approved...and a minority partner buy-in is announced almost immediately, because it's a done deal and waiting for that share availability. The identity of that partner would have a dramatic impact on the SP. If it was a Tier-1, I could easily see the SP jumping to three or four dollars, and hovering there in anticipation of a LIDAR, ID or XR contract. It wouldn't make the "sale" contingent happy, but the opportunity for a medium size trade profit would definitely be there. If the contract was announced in conjunction with the partnership, odds are we'd see a serious jump. I'm apportioning my holdings to take advantage of that possibility. OTOH, a second tier suitor will deflate the balloon hard, count on it. For confirmation, just go back and research the release of Robohon.

2) The proxy gets approved, but all we get is a "we're moving forward, making progress" statement...I expect so see the ultra-short term speculators pile back out. They seem to be dwindling in number, but a couple of them are gambling with big blocks, and it does impact share price pretty dramatically. If you're a day trader, you live for that kind of volatility.

But...there's a significance to a yes vote we can't fully gauge watching from the outside. The serious buyers have almost certainly completed their due diligence, and may very well be sitting on the telephone poles like vultures hoping against hope for a no vote. That would put MVIS at a huge disadvantage, and the ultimate sale price would reflect (as would the current share price). The reality of a "yes", and of almost unlimited op-ex would very likely force their hand, making the prospect of an announcement in the following month or two much more certain.

I don't say that lightly. Couple of chicken bones seem to have settled into place in the last two or three weeks that augur well for a, um, happy ending. Multiple patents, some several years in consideration, have been awarded to Tier 1's very recently that directly name Microvision. Not oblique references to MEMS or LBS, but by-name recognition of existing, current MVIS' patents and/or products. Way too many giants are positioning themselves as competitors in the XR market, and whether MSFT wants a "group effort" or not, they're greedy...and the near-eye display moat is getting deeper. Hololens II is producing some near-spectacular results in industry; FB, Google, Amazon, et al know it.

What really caught my eye yesterday was a series of questions a shareholder put to Dave (MVIS IR), and the answers he got. One in particular was telling...I'm paraphrasing, but Dave made a statement that pivoted from the stock "exploring all strategic options" to something akin to "focused on the complete sale of the company". It was fine distinction, but important. I'm starting to believe (and betting) the minority partner and the partial vertical sales options were used as leverage, and Sharma is pushing hard for a single, high dollar sale.

Anyway, good luck no matter which way you go. In fact, good luck to everybody. Some day this thread is going to end...  

Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

They had BETTER NOT screw up Fallout and The Elder Scrolls!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack_Of_Some_Trades:
Microsoft just spent $7.5B for Zenimax/Bethesda Softworks today.

https://news.microsoft.com/2020/09/21/microsoft-to-acquire-zenimax-media-and-its-game-publisher-bethesda-softworks/

how about throwing some of that money at MVIS?

They had BETTER NOT screw up Fallout and The Elder Scrolls!

Did you see the last two fallout games?  How could MS screw up worse than that?
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#18]

This is NOT trading advice, but my Magic 8-Ball is a little clearer this morning.

There are eight trading days until the special proxy meeting, and the results are announced. Sharma is making no desperate pitches, which is highly indicative of a "yes" vote (IIRC, the board/CEO are allowed to see the tallies in real time as they accumulate, hence the FCI and FCII when the tide was running against them). They have two endorsements from professional corporate financial analysts, and Vanguard nearly doubled their stake about two weeks ago. Moreover, private investor sentiment appears to be in favor of the proxy, and consider it a catalyst for the eventual deal.

What's all that mean? I would guess we'll see some share price appreciation leading into the event. If you've been watching closely, every time MVIS gets poked with a stick, and actually moves, there's a spike. There's a caveat of course, if the poke yields nothing concrete (and so far none of them has), that spike falls pretty sharply off on the backside. Wouldn't surprise me to see the shorts throw one (or more) serious attempts to put a lid on that growth, so it may be worth waiting for that (almost inevitable) attack to buy on the dip. Short share availability actually hit nearly 500,000 shares yesterday at about an 88% borrow rate, giving them some ammunition. Just bear in mind that window is short, and closing...

Couple of scenarios:

1) The proxy is approved...and a minority partner buy-in is announced almost immediately, because it's a done deal and waiting for that share availability. The identity of that partner would have a dramatic impact on the SP. If it was a Tier-1, I could easily see the SP jumping to three or four dollars, and hovering there in anticipation of a LIDAR, ID or XR contract. It wouldn't make the "sale" contingent happy, but the opportunity for a medium size trade profit would definitely be there. If the contract was announced in conjunction with the partnership, odds are we'd see a serious jump. I'm apportioning my holdings to take advantage of that possibility. OTOH, a second tier suitor will deflate the balloon hard, count on it. For confirmation, just go back and research the release of Robohon.

2) The proxy gets approved, but all we get is a "we're moving forward, making progress" statement...I expect so see the ultra-short term speculators pile back out. They seem to be dwindling in number, but a couple of them are gambling with big blocks, and it does impact share price pretty dramatically. If you're a day trader, you live for that kind of volatility.

But...there's a significance to a yes vote we can't fully gauge watching from the outside. The serious buyers have almost certainly completed their due diligence, and may very well be sitting on the telephone poles like vultures hoping against hope for a no vote. That would put MVIS at a huge disadvantage, and the ultimate sale price would reflect (as would the current share price). The reality of a "yes", and of almost unlimited op-ex would very likely force their hand, making the prospect of an announcement in the following month or two much more certain.

I don't say that lightly. Couple of chicken bones seem to have settled into place in the last two or three weeks that augur well for a, um, happy ending. Multiple patents, some several years in consideration, have been awarded to Tier 1's very recently that directly name Microvision. Not oblique references to MEMS or LBS, but by-name recognition of existing, current MVIS' patents and/or products. Way too many giants are positioning themselves as competitors in the XR market, and whether MSFT wants a "group effort" or not, they're greedy...and the near-eye display moat is getting deeper. Hololens II is producing some near-spectacular results in industry; FB, Google, Amazon, et al know it.

What really caught my eye yesterday was a series of questions a shareholder put to Dave (MVIS IR), and the answers he got. One in particular was telling...I'm paraphrasing, but Dave made a statement that pivoted from the stock "exploring all strategic options" to something akin to "focused on the complete sale of the company". It was fine distinction, but important. I'm starting to believe (and betting) the minority partner and the partial vertical sales options were used as leverage, and Sharma is pushing hard for a single, high dollar sale.

Anyway, good luck no matter which way you go. In fact, good luck to everybody. Some day this thread is going to end...  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cccpNyC:

Couple of scenarios:

Thanks and I agree.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 2:09:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#19]
Just sold 2/5ths of my MVIS at $2.
I held all the way through the last spike.  Decided to take some profits this time.

So to the moon it shall go.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I held all the way through the last spike.  Decided to take some profits this time.

View Quote

Wife got a little over-enthusiastic about selling "a few thousand shares" earlier this afternoon. Very out of character.

Finally confessed she bought another 2k while I was napping two days ago. So, 59K at a new ACB of about $0.77. Gonna have to change the password on my trading account
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Wife got a little over-enthusiastic about selling "a few thousand shares" earlier this afternoon. Very out of character.

Finally confessed she bought another 2k while I was napping two days ago. So, 59K at a new ACB of about $0.77. Gonna have to change the password on my trading account
View All Quotes

You leave her alone, she sounds like a very fine lady.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Imma gonna ride my 183 shares of MVIS to the end.  Early retirement or bust .  Or just some new toy I wouldn't have bought otherwise, or bust.....
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I managed to acquire 250 shares at an average cost of .66, I'm going to ride it to the moon also.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Some day this thread is going to end...  

View Quote

Hopefully the thread ends by getting nuked due to all of us posting pictures of hookers & blow after we strike rich.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:
Hopefully the thread ends by getting nuked due to all of us posting pictures of hookers & blow after we strike rich.  
View Quote

Come on $15/share!!!  
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I like your style!
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Lol

On a serious note, @Osprey61 or anyone else that can answer. At what point does someone need to be a shareholder to benefit from a merger or buyout? The day it's announced?
I'm still holding onto my 600 shares
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:

Lol

On a serious note, @Osprey61 or anyone else that can answer. At what point does someone need to be a shareholder to benefit from a merger or buyout? The day it's announced?
I'm still holding onto my 600 shares
View Quote

Don't actually know the authoritative answer, but since they frequently announce a trading halt I'd guess if you bought ten seconds prior to the halt you're going to benefit from the offer. When the halt is lifted, the trading price will tend to rise to within a set percentage of the offer, usually very quickly.

As most M/As take quite a while to consumate, at that point a whole new set of risks and opportunities appear because there are several possible outcomes, mostly impossible to accurately forecast. They are, 1) the deal goes through, in time, at the announced buyout price, or 2) the regulatory authority kills the deal, or 3) the shareholders kill the deal, or 4) a bidding war erupts between the interested buyers. Number three doesn't happen very often, but if the board recommends the shareholders approve a low-ball for MVIS, it's going to get interesting. Number four, on the other hand, has a higher-than-usual possibility of occurrence IMO, but it wouldn't surprise me to see some kind of legalese written into the offer to head that off, or an offer high enough to discourage it.

Depending on how you read the most probable outcome, you have a choice between selling some or all at that very-close-to-the-offer price, holding some or all in the belief the deal will be approved, or holding some or all in the belief competitors will start that investor holy grail of all acquisitions, a bidding war. Deals do fall apart, and with the pressure on the big tech firms over predatory acquisition, this will be one to be very careful about.

Personally, when/if an announcement is made, I'll sell enough to cover my cost and take a decent profit...factoring in my short term v. long term holdings, and whether the offer is cash, cash and shares, or shares alone. Simple, huh?  My wife has been dissecting this situation for months, and can talk almost as long about it. At least I think she can, she told me yesterday I never listen and some other stuff. Not sure, I wasn't really paying attention.

Anybody that knows I've made factual errors here, please feel free to school me up!
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#29]
How will the stock market react to tonight’s debate clusterfuck?
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By StevenH:
How will the stock market react to tonight’s debate clusterfuck?
View Quote

About the same.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

About the same.
View Quote

EV stocks might be a little shaky
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Man, NKLA really took a shit!  I'm not good at this game.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:45:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#33]
Picked up a few hundred more shares of MVIS at 1.88.  Had a larger order, but the price barely touched, and it only partially filled.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#34]
I've been following since the start, and finally remembered my account login as i don't post much. I missed getting in early then got in at 1.20 awhile back, sold at 2.10, then bought back in at 1.92 with my meager 330 shares  i'd like to bump up to 500 in the even of a buyout share price for ~$5, but got that feeling that no matter what i do it'll be wrong, it's why i usually stick to just managing funds in my 401k instead of playing individual stocks.  I figure if I buy in  then it'll drop post vote, or wait for the vote and watch it pop up another .20  no matter what it's going to be converted into bourbon and scotch it's just a matter of what bottles and how many at that point.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#36]
I want the price to fall, not rise

Gotta buy back in!
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:40:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#37]
Won't surprise me to see a $2.10 to $2.20+ going into the weekend. More and more people seem to be loading ahead of a possible Monday announcement, then selling down when it doesn't come. With the proxy result next Thursday, I'm kind of expecting those folks to hold through the outcome, which continues to look like an approval (based on no last minute appeals from Sharma).

Sixty million shares is a huge authorization against the 130,000,000 existing float. Hard to believe they'd ask for something of that magnitude without a specific purpose in mind. Whatever it is, it feels like it won't be long in coming after next Thursday.

ETA: huh, well that prediction aged like raw milk. Up $0.15 to $2.10 while I was typing
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Won't surprise me to see a $2.10 to $2.20+ going into the weekend. More and more people seem to be loading ahead of a possible Monday announcement, then selling down when it doesn't come. With the proxy result next Thursday, I'm kind of expecting those folks to hold through the outcome, which continues to look like an approval (based on no last minute appeals from Sharma).

Sixty million shares is a huge authorization against the 130,000,000 existing float. Hard to believe they'd ask for something of that magnitude without a specific purpose in mind. Whatever it is, it feels like it won't be long in coming after next Thursday.

ETA: huh, well that prediction aged like raw milk. Up $0.15 to $2.10 while I was typing
View Quote

Figures, got paid today and was going to buy more shares. Goddamnit

Think I still may. Better to lose a few hundred and gain a few thousand long term.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone else eyeballing CLIS @ $0.026

Feel bad for guys who bought at $0.07, feel worse for guys who bought @ $0.10, lol.

I guess the debut must have really sucked.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Feel bad for guys who bought at $0.07, feel worse for guys who bought @ $0.10, lol.

View Quote

I was just about to post the same thing.  WTF happened?  I can't seem to find much news.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

I am the CLIS commander!!!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I own 30,000 of CLIS and I'm in at .055
I traded it earlier in the year when it ran to .2
It dropped Tuesday when the soft launch of the app went live filled with mistakes
Yesterday full app was live and was glitching like crazy
reddit r/clis has tons more info

I feel they will get the app running and this comes back to .07/.08 within a month
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#43]
CLIS brigade member here. Down about $750. I sure had higher hopes...

I'm out of all the other pennies though for awhile. Haven't had time to keep up. Just CLIS and MVIS in my fun account.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#44]
And a sweet, sweet $2.10 close. Sets up an excellent opportunity for a run tomorrow, if you're interested in short term profit taking.

OTOH, Ted* says the deal is inked, and awaiting release

*Ted is the oracle and pied-piper of Stocktwits, who gained notoriety for several accurate calls on MVIS...that were only slightly undermined by the several horribly inaccurate calls he made that cost some of the 'twits dearly.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#45]
60% of the time, he's 100% right?

Waiting for the $12/share buyout. Won't get fooled again!  (I hope.)
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Mak_380:

Waiting for the $12/share buyout. Won't get fooled again!  (I hope.)
View Quote

That would be great.

@Osprey61 what's Ted say about buyout share price?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:19:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EOTWAWKI] [#47]
Originally Posted By NIevo:

I was just about to post the same thing.  WTF happened?  I can't seem to find much news.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NIevo:

Horrible launch, in for 10k shares @ $0.026x.

Already up to $0.0292

Come on $1.00!

ETA: I pondered which shares to sell to get into CLIS, glad I sold AUY at the high today instead of MVIS before the rally.

If I make a horrible penny stock buy I want to be smart about it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:19:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cardboardkiller] [#48]
Originally Posted By Mak_380:

Waiting for the $35/share buyout. Won't get fooled again!  (I hope.)
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2020 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

I own 30,000 of CLIS and I'm in at .055
I traded it earlier in the year when it ran to .2
It dropped Tuesday when the soft launch of the app went live filled with mistakes
Yesterday full app was live and was glitching like crazy
reddit r/clis has tons more info

I feel they will get the app running and this comes back to .07/.08 within a month
View Quote

That was my thinking. A few people bought YUGE chunks of 1/2 million or so shares when it was at or below $0.02
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

That would be great.

@Osprey61 what's Ted say about buyout share price?
View Quote

In his last post he said the deal would have been done some time ago but multiple parties have entered the fray, and current bid is about $50

I've decided it's probably a good idea to count the silver after a visit from anyone who uses the phrase "my followers"...
Page / 1714
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top