Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2024 11:58:44 AM EDT
I found a new stereo but it's missing the knobs and the harness so I'm looking for a source for both.

Here's the stereo

The plug opening looks like this

And on eBay I found this for a pioneer but it looks like it could work

Possible compatable plug?

Anyone know where to get parts for old stereos?

My C10 needs a new player.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I might have found compatible knobs.  

Knobs!

Anyone thing this stuff will work?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#2]
EBay for parts and broken stereos you can cannibalise. Goodwill site also has them from time to time. You could likely buy the whole stereo and have it shipped for less than trying to find pieces separately.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
EBay for parts and broken stereos you can cannibalise. Goodwill site also has them from time to time. You could likely buy the whole stereo and have it shipped for less than trying to find pieces separately.
View Quote
You would think that but these twin shaft stereos have seriously fell off the planet earth.  I have two broken ones and I'm hoping to piece together this new one reasonably cheap.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
K-mart?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
K-mart?
View Quote

Or Radio Shack
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
K-mart?
View Quote

Buy Kwuality Kraco's at K-Mart!
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Ah, from the years that Jensen was owned by Beatrice, right along with Tropicana.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Buy Kquality Kraco's at K-Mart!
View Quote
Haha, I got the original receipt with it.  They paid $60 from Walmart a quarter century ago.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#9]
A bump and a comment.  I've been collecting rock cassette tapes in anticipation of a working stereo in my truck.  I found a Kenny loggins album yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Lol, no one really wanted Jensen stuff even in the 80s or 90s....but kudos for trying to get this thing working!

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I found a Kenny loggins album yesterday.
View Quote

Wait, was it signed?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wait, was it signed?
View Quote
No but I now own Night watch on cassette.  

Cue cat reading newspaper, I should grow a mullet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I'd start at the junk yard...
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'd start at the junk yard...
View Quote
I can tell you haven't been to the junkyard in a while.  There are no 80s cars in them anymore.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#15]
You can use miniature vice grips.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I wouldn’t bother with a Jensen.  Hit ebay for an old Pioneer or Kenwood or even go with a Custom Autosound unit that will look factory but outperform that jensen by centuries.

If your somehow determined (against logic) to use the Jensen, pretty much ANY old shaft style knobs will work (but look ridiculous if the size is way off) because the shaft size is very standard.
For the harness, try image searching and you *might* be able to make out the color code as jensen *usually* used the standard aftermarket code (but sometimes would have shared negatives on the speaker channels).
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Maybe JC Whitney? They usedto sell alot of cheap junk
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Here’s an ebay auction for a Pioneer that’s light years better than that Jensen:

Pioneer shaft style
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Website error. Deleted
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lol, no one really wanted Jensen stuff even in the 80s or 90s....but kudos for trying to get this thing working!

View Quote

Actually there was a time in the 70s when Jensen was considered ok. It wasn't long, but it was before pioneer, etc, and the only other thing was kraco and it had a horrible reputation
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Actually there was a time in the 70s when Jensen was considered ok. It wasn't long, but it was before pioneer, etc, and the only other thing was kraco and it had a horrible reputation
View Quote

Jensen made the Baby Advent home stereo bookshelf speakers. I've never owned a pair, but they are considered a pretty good economy priced speaker
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:06:10 AM EDT
[#23]
That dude is going to go way higher than the $20 I spent on this new Jensen.  

I've been keeping an eye on twin shaft cassette decks.  They have been fairly hot with Sony and pioneer bringing some money.  

My truck had a Sony that died.

The worst part of these things is the fact they're all common ground.  The wiring sucks on them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:06:40 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
Double post after a system error.  Disregard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top