Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of you guys are murderers?
View Quote

Probably a good chunk of men in here, that regrettably let their wife/girlfriend get an abortion.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Have you wanted to?
View Quote

"on the advice of counsel..."
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes.  Many times over.

Ever been so pissed at someone that "l wished that fucker was dead/ die of anal cancer etc."

Same as physically murdering a person in the eyes of the Lord.  

Also by breaking even one of the others, stealing for example, pocketed something because "they owe me", or whatever was contributing to the murder of Jesus.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Many times over.

Ever been so pissed at someone that "l wished that fucker was dead/ die of anal cancer etc."

Same as physically murdering a person in the eyes of the Lord.  

Also by breaking even one of the others, stealing for example, pocketed something because "they owe me", or whatever was contributing to the murder of Jesus.

Oh shit. If that's the requirement, I need to change my answer. I guess I've broken all of them many times over!
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The correct answer is 10, a million times over.

View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
At least 8, and probably 9.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

It probably sort of depends on your definition of murder. If you count killing, or helping kill, someone you think was correct at the time, but turned out to be 100% innocent I know a ton of murderers.

I think that as years go on after the GWOT that people will dwell on decisions that they made in high stress situations. Doing this years after the fact will make it so that they forget some of the context, or reasonings for their decisions at the time and probably haunt them. One of the shrinks at my unit talked to us about "Moral Injury" and it instantly made me recall some situations that I have been apart of that I don't like to think about.

Gotta keep it bottled up until after I retire so the clearance doesn't get messed with though!
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

This a million times over
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Oh shit. If that's the requirement, I need to change my answer. I guess I've broken all of them many times over!
View Quote
That's the whole point of the Atonement:  Everyone, regardless of their actions, is sinful to some degree and must center their faith on Jesus Christ in order to be saved.

Even if you were a saint on earth you will still need Christ to make up the difference, as you still have sinned and no imperfect thing can enter Heaven.

Now it's wonderful that you haven't actually killed someone yet, but unless you recognize your weakness and work to prevent your sinful behavior it will happen eventually.  There have been several "road rage" incidents in Utah lately where "good" people ended up either dead or in jail because they couldn't control their tempers; this is what Jesus was warning us about.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's the whole point of the Atonement:  Everyone, regardless of their actions, is sinful to some degree and must center their faith on Jesus Christ in order to be saved.

Even if you were a saint on earth you will still need Christ to make up the difference, as you still have sinned and no imperfect thing can enter Heaven.

Now it's wonderful that you haven't actually killed someone yet, but unless you recognize your weakness and work to prevent your sinful behavior it will happen eventually.  There have been several "road rage" incidents in Utah lately where "good" people ended up either dead or in jail because they couldn't control their tempers; this is what Jesus was warning us about.
View Quote

Very good point re the road rage. Just shows what anyone is  capable.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Enjoy your time off the site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't accept your mythology.

Enjoy your time off the site.

He just couldn't keep his petty trolling to himself.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I knew the whole "we were born sinners" stuff, I guess I've just never thought about the Commandments that way. Interesting.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Perfectly said @Garandm1

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:17:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Perfectly said @Garandm1

View Quote
Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:17:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I know I broke one two days ago
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:24:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is so easy to just pass on this thread if it offends you so much.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:37:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Which one do you accept out of curiosity? I understand not everybody here believes the same.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:42:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Honestly, the only two that I'm actually innocent of are making idols and murder.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#19]
The actual deed,most of them. By what's in your heart ,all of them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#20]
There are 613 Commandments; not 10
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I shot a man in Reno.

Just to watch him die.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:03:22 AM EDT
[#22]
All of them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#23]
All of them. Without Christ, I would be hopeless.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Keep in mind, killing is different than murder.

An intruder breaks into your house and is trying to murder you or an innocent person, you kill in defense of your life or an innocent person's life.

The intruder is the one trying to commit murder.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:21:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No man can follow them.
They were meant to make you aware that you are a sinner, and need a Saviour in Jesus Christ.
View Quote

wow, talk about sectarian nonsense
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:23:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It probably sort of depends on your definition of murder. If you count killing, or helping kill, someone you think was correct at the time, but turned out to be 100% innocent I know a ton of murderers.

I think that as years go on after the GWOT that people will dwell on decisions that they made in high stress situations. Doing this years after the fact will make it so that they forget some of the context, or reasonings for their decisions at the time and probably haunt them. One of the shrinks at my unit talked to us about "Moral Injury" and it instantly made me recall some situations that I have been apart of that I don't like to think about.

Gotta keep it bottled up until after I retire so the clearance doesn't get messed with though!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus said murder begins in the heart,  so even wanting to kill someone constitutes murder.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Damn I nailed it

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:28:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:30:53 AM EDT
[#29]
I've still got a few blocks to check. But, you know how it is. You get busy, life happens, you forget to worship foreign gods and commit murder.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:36:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:45:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If you've broken a commandment in your heart, you've broken a commandment.

So yeah, all of them.
View Quote

I dated a catholic girl once and if I could get her to think about sex, I was home free.

I tend to believe humans have a sinful nature and  overcoming temptation is not the same as committing the sin.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:50:14 AM EDT
[#32]
7. Because killing homeless people and prostitutes doesn't really count
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:22:06 AM EDT
[#33]
how about the 7 Deadly Sins?

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:52:57 AM EDT
[#34]
James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:55:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
how about the 7 Deadly Sins?

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride
View Quote

If that was my to-do list, I'd be done.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:16:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So yeah, all of them.
View Quote
If that's the standard, I've broken 7
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:57:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
this post nailed it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 3:57:46 AM EDT
[#38]
I like pressure washers.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 4:19:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So yeah, all of them.
View Quote

Where is that actually written?    Did Jesus or Moses actually say it?

Seems to set an unreasonably high bar.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:11:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No man can follow them.
They were meant to make you aware that you are a sinner, and need a Saviour in Jesus Christ.
View Quote

Catch 22
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:15:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Given that I am not a Christian currently, I don't follow the Commandments strictly.  Buuuuuut, I try to follow as many of them as I can, as I find it reduces the amount of drama and strife in my life.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Most, but that was also as a younger man/child. I’d like to think now I’m less than 5 of them per year. Maybe one day I could get to zero, that would be cool
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:54:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So yeah, all of them.

It's derived mostly from the Sermon on the Mount, but there are references to it elsewhere. Jesus spoke a lot about heart-sin, and generally emphasized the importance of a man's thoughts as much as his deeds.

You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. Mat. 5:21-22

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. Mat. 5:27-29

Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well. But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors. For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become guilty of all of it. For he who said, “Do not commit adultery,” also said, “Do not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do murder, you have become a transgressor of the law. So speak and so act as those who are to be judged under the law of liberty. For judgment is without mercy to one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment. James 2:8-13

It's not an unreasonably high bar; it's an impossibly high bar. That's the entire point.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:50:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you have thought of committing a sin, you have committed the sin. If you've wanted to kill somebody then it is the same as doing it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If you have thought of committing a sin, you have committed the sin. If you've wanted to kill somebody then it is the same as doing it.
View Quote
The last part isn't true, although thinking about unjustly killing someone is a serious sin, worthy of God's wrath, actually murdering someone is a worse sin.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Does it count as Adultery if you didn't know she was married?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#48]
All of them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why is it that atheists will always tell you about it? They're the CrossFit people of the world.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Off hand looks like about 8.
Father Sarduchi used to call them the 10 suggestions.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top