BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This should be good.

I wonder what kind of 'more' we're talking about here? History between these guys? Weak ass stop going straight to 'get out of the car' because it was just an excuse to stop a car leaving a known drug den?

Or is it just Tejas being different and the fact that he FA at night makes FO have fewer consequences?
View Quote

See?  Keeping the problem-solving mind in the creative side of the brain is how to determine what really happened.

The out-of-state, fake paper plate is part of this puzzle.

Drugs down the pants is another piece that fits.

But the Nissan Altima is pure profiling.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I came here expecting to say "just do what the cops say and you'll be fine."  While that still applies, and I tend to fall on the side of the cops most of the time, I can't see how the officer would have seen that guy as a lethal threat (but I wasn't there and I would like to hear his defense of his actions).
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I came here expecting to say "just do what the cops say and you'll be fine."  While that still applies, and I tend to fall on the side of the cops most of the time, I can't see how the officer would have seen that guy as a lethal threat (but I wasn't there and I would like to hear his defense of his actions).
View Quote

Wonder what the cop thought he found after they guy stuffed something into in the front of his pants?

When the cop reached in and found it, things quickly went south (no pun intended)
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Man, I’ve lived in Texas my whole life and I’ve never been shot.

Weird.
View Quote

Same, but throw in Florida and Louisiana. Never once been even remotely close to being killed by police.

I must be special since I’ve been pulled over a bunch of times in my life. How do I do it?  I must be super lucky. Yeah, that’s it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

source

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sgt. Iverson was no-billed by a Rusk Co. grand jury, meaning he was never indicted or charged with a crime. According to the death report, Randall was not in possession of a weapon at the time of the shooting. The report stated Sgt. Iverson was in a “tactically compromised position” on the ground at the moment he fired his gun.

In the fall of 2023, Randall’s family announced the filing of a civil lawsuit claiming wrongful death and civil rights violations.

“Our position is that Timothy Randall was murdered by Iverson. Absolutely nothing within the reasonable police force continuum would allow an officer such as Iverson to shoot and kill Timothy Randall,” Oxman said in a call on Monday after the judge’s decision.

Oxman said he hopes the release of the video prompts federal authorities to review the case and consider federal charges.

source

People joke all the time about "we investigated ourselves but found no wrong doing" but damn - this is it in the dictionary.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well...that's what a bad shoot looks like.
View Quote

Yeah, this...100%.

Holy shit
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]
as for "Sgt. Iverson was in a “tactically compromised position”

It appears he was at a greater risk when he shoved his hand down that guy's pants
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks to me like he shot him because he was pissed.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Overweight, incompetent, and prone to panic.

Wonderful qualities for a law enforcement officer.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Deputy needs to spend a lot of time in the gym and lay off those jelly donuts.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#12]
That was sad, and worse they are letting that dude keep working.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#13]
"tactically compromised position "!
Yeah that your out of shape, poorly trained ass caused to yourself.
Fuck, good thing a acorn didnt hit the cop car, the whole neighborhood might have been gunned down.

Bad shoot.  Go to prison.  

Based on the "no bill", The Sheeple society is willing to let cops murder them in order to maintain the illusion they are safe.  Odd.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not anti-LEO, but that particular cop needs a beating and jail time.
View Quote

This...He down right murdered that guy. I'm starting to come around to these "defund the police" movements, not every traffic stop is the battle of Mogadishu. Office Jelly Doughnut should see serious jailtime.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Everyone who still works with that guy is a piece of shit and deserves the same as him.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Thin Blue Liners be like "just comply and you won't get murdered".

And they seriously see nothing wrong with that either.
View Quote

Always surprised me the amount of peeps here with that philosophy. Any infraction opens up the very end of the force continuum.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Zero Justification for use of deadly force.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Driver reaches and adjusts what the deputy may have thought was an appendix carry weapon. Then the driver doesn't comply with putting his hands behind his back then continues to resist arrest. I would say it rests on what the deputy reasonably believed was in the drivers waist band.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

People joke all the time about "we investigated ourselves but found no wrong doing" but damn - this is it in the dictionary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sgt. Iverson was no-billed by a Rusk Co. grand jury, meaning he was never indicted or charged with a crime. According to the death report, Randall was not in possession of a weapon at the time of the shooting. The report stated Sgt. Iverson was in a “tactically compromised position” on the ground at the moment he fired his gun.

In the fall of 2023, Randall’s family announced the filing of a civil lawsuit claiming wrongful death and civil rights violations.

“Our position is that Timothy Randall was murdered by Iverson. Absolutely nothing within the reasonable police force continuum would allow an officer such as Iverson to shoot and kill Timothy Randall,” Oxman said in a call on Monday after the judge’s decision.

Oxman said he hopes the release of the video prompts federal authorities to review the case and consider federal charges.

source

Yeah... "tactically compromised position" my ass.  Judge should be up on federal charges too.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Driver reaches and adjusts what the deputy may have thought was an appendix carry weapon. Then the driver doesn't comply with putting his hands behind his back then continues to resist arrest. I would say it rests on what the deputy reasonably believed was in the drivers waist band.
View Quote

Driver was running away with his arms out in front of him when he was shot.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe there was something there, that's why he started resisting.  Doesn't make a good shooting though, at that point.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

See?  Keeping the problem-solving mind in the creative side of the brain is how to determine what really happened.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This should be good.

I wonder what kind of 'more' we're talking about here? History between these guys? Weak ass stop going straight to 'get out of the car' because it was just an excuse to stop a car leaving a known drug den?

Or is it just Tejas being different and the fact that he FA at night makes FO have fewer consequences?

It was an Oklahoma temp tag.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Maybe there was something there, that's why he started resisting.  Doesn't make a good shooting though, at that point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe he was confused why a cop was going 0 to arrest for allegedly rolling a stop sign.

Cops aren't always in the right.  And this shooting looks sketchy as fuck.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Has there ever been a deliberate statement ever from a cop who shot someone describing that he DIDN'T think someone was armed? That's why the decision to pull the trigger has to be objectively reasonable, not just reasonable to the shooter. Everything is always reasonable to the shooter.

The only justification here would hinge on the ability to articulate WHY it was reasonable to believe that there was some serious imminent threat. Deadly force to prevent escape from a traffic stop is only gonna work on someone who just committed a carjacking, or something similar, or where he's running towards a potential victim(s). The real reason - to prevent the escape - is almost certainly going to be a bad shoot.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Not that it has any bearing on the rights of the use of deadly force, but was it ever determined if he had anything illegal on him or not?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not that it has any bearing on the rights of the use of deadly force, but was it ever determined if he had anything illegal on him or not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

...the deputy believed Randall was attempting to hide a small gun down the front of his pants, but said it was later found to be a pipe in an eyeglasses case.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Don't run a stop sign, Don't argue about running stop sign, Don't shove shit down your pants when pulled/asked out of the car, Don't fight the officer trying to detain you after seeing you shove items down your pants and finding said unknown item, Don't run off.

You probably followed these simple steps officers don't what you to know about.
View Quote

All that validates execution? Please turn in your badge officer
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#28]
The next time a local yokel cop starts carrying on about being a SME about all things XYZ, tier one law enforcement, nobody more qualified blah blah just remember that SGT Iverson is not an anomaly he is in fact generally the rule for local LEOs. You aren't dealing with the best and brightest among us. You are dealing with a guy who was selected by a committee of guys just like him. Proceed accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Weird.
View Quote

I ran a stop sign at 35mph in front of not one, but two, TX deputies. Still alive. No ticket. Told me I needed to stop there from then on.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It was an Oklahoma temp tag.
View Quote

Yer honor, I rest mah case.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Weird.
View Quote

I’ve carried since 1974 and never shot anyone.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#32]
There is a longer video out there preceding the stop.
In it you can see a car go thru the intersection but I couldn't say that it showed him running the stop sign.
it's at kltv.com
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

I mean, except for that whole having full view of the driver including being able to see both hands without a weapon in either when he pressed the trigger.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Weird.
View Quote

Had a black police woman scream at me once
Never shot though
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Have we done this one yet?  Hot off the press.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiX1PQMOam8

The young dude should have just complied, but under arrest for running a stop sign?  

From the comments, it's obvious why they really didn't want to release the dashcam footage.  Two things I really noticed: one, TX cops will shoot you for almost anything.  Two, dang, that guy got REALLY gassed out for a whopping 7 seconds of activity.  
View Quote
Looks like that cop should face the death penalty for that shit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#36]
If I had an altercation with someone that went like that and shot them I would have been arrested and charged with murder right then and there. Total BS cop didn't get charged.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#37]
That was a pretty clear cut murder. Don’t think there’s any reasonable argument it wasn’t.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Has there ever been a deliberate statement ever from a cop who shot someone describing that he DIDN'T think someone was armed? That's why the decision to pull the trigger has to be objectively reasonable, not just reasonable to the shooter. Everything is always reasonable to the shooter.

The only justification here would hinge on the ability to articulate WHY it was reasonable to believe that there was some serious imminent threat. Deadly force to prevent escape from a traffic stop is only gonna work on someone who just committed a carjacking, or something similar, or where he's running towards a potential victim(s). The real reason - to prevent the escape - is almost certainly going to be a bad shoot.
View Quote

So.. lazy, fat fuck, police officer didn't want to run and get all sweaty.. GOT IT.

in other words.. murder.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Fund the police, quick, before they run out of other people's money!
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#40]
When I grew up in the 60's and 70's we knew you don't run from the law.  They would shoot you and you would die.  And if you stopped and talked to them you might not even get a ticket.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I mean, except for that whole having full view of the driver including being able to see both hands without a weapon in either when he pressed the trigger.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your missing the point of the people defending the cop.

Their point is that they feel that ANY disobedience by a civilian which irritates a cop is immediately elevated to death penalty status

Geeez you would think everyone would know that by now.

When the GOD CLASS COMMANDS, YOU SHALL OBEY OR DIE

That simple peons.

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't typically post a bash of police, but that was fucking murder and that cop needs to spend the rest of his fat life in prison.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
of course there is.

the cop's wife left last week and took the kids, and he hasn't been able to beat his wife in 7 days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's more to this story

remember what doc said a month from now
of course there is.

the cop's wife left last week and took the kids, and he hasn't been able to beat his wife in 7 days.

got rid of another low post count 24 troll.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Same, but throw in Florida and Louisiana. Never once been even remotely close to being killed by police.

I must be special since I’ve been pulled over a bunch of times in my life. How do I do it?  I must be super lucky. Yeah, that’s it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird.

You must do what they say and not run.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Anything less than criminal charges for the fatty is unacceptable.

Eta the department tried to have the video sealed by a federal judge. How much are people willing with? Our government is despicable. From dog catchers to potus.
View Quote

Isn't it a crime to aid and abet a criminal? Harbor a murderer?

I wonder if the PD could be charged in addition to the officer.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Hands up don’t shoot is real. Huh.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#47]
The only thing that could have been more fucked up is if he ran over the guy laying in the road.

Let them run fuck sake.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Don't run a stop sign, Don't argue about running stop sign, Don't shove shit down your pants when pulled/asked out of the car, Don't fight the officer trying to detain you after seeing you shove items down your pants and finding said unknown item, Don't run off.

You probably followed these simple steps officers don't what you to know about.
View Quote

While I agree with all of the above, it was still a bad shoot.  The situation is not unlike that of a naive young woman who goes hitch hiking in a bad neighborhood alone after dark and is raped.  The rapist is guilty of rape regardless of her foolish choices.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#49]
This has got to be some weird AI generated shit or something.  I find it hard to believe Deppity Dumbshit got a kill with a single shot without 15 other deppity's mag-dumping into the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top