[#2]

Quoted:
single stack mag

No, it's more of a staggered collumn.
Link Posted: 4/23/2006 6:49:18 PM EDT
[#3]
HK45 Prototype:

HK45 Most Recent Revision:

NOTE:  Pictures of the "HK45 Prototype" originated from 10-8Forums.com and HKPro.com respectively and were rehosted by me.  Pictures of the "HK45 Most Recent Revision" came from the May 2006 issue of Shotgun News.  They were scanned by a member of the HKPro.com forum and subsequently rehosted by me.

Justin
Link Posted: 4/23/2006 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I told the boss at my part time job (gunshop) that I am first in line for the fist non LEM triggered one we get in in full size with threaded barrel. Now I just have to wait on HK.
Link Posted: 4/23/2006 7:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/23/2006 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That looks like a good replacement for my aging USP 45

And yes, I am also in the "My safety/decok moves on its own" crowd. Carried it all day on the farm with hammer cocked on a loaded chamber and the safety had clicked off at some point in the day.

I had that problem with a USP, but I did some experimenting and found it to be a holster issue.  Replacing the holster has completely solved that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2006 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/25/2006 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#8]
New HK .45 + flat dark earth + threaded bbl + variant1 = [DROOOOOL]
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#9]
What's up with the orthotic shoe-like floor plates on the 45F? It appears that they had to make the mag tube longer than they originally intended. No chance for nice, flush floorplates on that tube. Check out the pic of the backstrap--the bottom of the mag tube protudes below the bottom of the grip, then they attach the huge floor plate to further increase the pistol's dimensions.

The HK45C likely uses off the shelf USPC mags, as the full size mag is actually a stretched USPC mag.

Something like this would be much cleaner looking, but they'd have to shorten the mag tube.

Link Posted: 4/27/2006 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#10]
From everything that has been stated in the article and elsewhere, the USP's mags are NOT compatible with the HK45 pistols (compact or full-size). It is a slimmer semi-staggered/single stack design.
Link Posted: 4/27/2006 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had that problem with a USP, but I did some experimenting and found it to be a holster issue.  Replacing the holster has completely solved that.

Might I ask which holster you had and which you switched to? I wear a Galco rig as old as the gun, don't know the model but I don't think they make it anymore.

I generally carry in a VM-2, but I was trying out a comp-tac c-tac for my USPc for a few days while I waited on the VM-2 to arrive.  I kept noticing that my gun was going off safety while in the c-tac.  I did some experimenting, and could reproduce the problem with the holster not even on me by pushing forward on the butt of the grip while the gun was holstered.  The safety was catching on a ridge inside the holster.  Turns out that whenever I sat down and the butt of the gun pressed against the seat, it was disengaging the safety.

The vm-2 has a special notch just for the safety, that keeps it in the locked position.  Never had a problem with the USPc in my vm-2, and I carry it daily cocked and locked.
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
From everything that has been stated in the article and elsewhere, the USP's mags are NOT compatible with the HK45 pistols (compact or full-size). It is a slimmer semi-staggered/single stack design.

Wait just a minute there Nick. As I understand it the p2000 will accept the USPc mags in the 9/40. The HK45 is based on the p2000 and also has the 1 1/2 stack magazine. Therefore, I am thinking that the HK45c (8 rd.) may in fact use the same USPc 45 (8 rd.) magazine. Are you positive it won't?
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait just a minute there Nick. As I understand it the p2000 will accept the USPc mags in the 9/40. The HK45 is based on the p2000 and also has the 1 1/2 stack magazine. Therefore, I am thinking that the HK45c (8 rd.) may in fact use the same USPc 45 (8 rd.) magazine. Are you positive it won't?

As I am not a HK afficianado, that certainly could be the case, but from what the article related it is a completely new magazine design. The full size HK45 mags are stated to be compatible with the HK45C. Maybe it is just the full size HK45 mags that are a new design???

The floorplates dont look compatible with the other pistols grip bottom:

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top