Page / 18
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Welcome Chungus!  

Guys:  please pay close attention to what Chungus has tried so far:

“I’ve disassembled the rifle, cleaned it, checked for paint on the bottom of the receiver Like some other forums have mentioned and reassembled the stock and rifle and checked scope ring, torque, as well as Loctite on the screws, I’ve shot it with and without a suppressor and I still have massive groups above three or 4 inches. “

Chungus:  I’m racking my brain to come up with ideas here, since you already hit the major points.  please consider

- examine the crown with a magnifying glass?  

- bolt-contact?  There are ways to check (using a sharpie or dykem) to see if both the bolt lugs are contacting the receiver, on youtube

If any of you Remington 700 mechanics are reading this, what would cause that big of an issue on Chungus’  Bergara? (essentially a Remington clone)?  Just defective tube from the factory?

Definitely something is way way off here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dominion21:
Originally Posted By Father_Chungus:
Hey guys I’m having some issues with a bergara B14 HMR . About three months ago I purchased a rifle in 308 and was hoping to zero it out to 100 yards and start pushing it out to 500. However, I’m unable to zero the rifle almost 200 rounds later I’ve disassembled the rifle, cleaned it, checked for paint on the bottom of the receiver Like some other forms have mentioned and reassembled the stock and rifle and checked scope ring, torque, as well as Loctite on the screws, I’ve shot it with and without a suppressor and I still have massive groups above three or 4 inches. I’m really out of ideas at this point I’m thinking of sending it back to Bergara. However, I want to know if any of you guys have the same issues.

200 rounds of a AC 150 grain ammunition, as well as Hornady a max 168, PPU 150 gr , Remington corlok 150gr

Scopes used were a primary arms PLXC as well as a Arken SH4

https://i.postimg.cc/HW5bvym8/6-F744776-D228-444-A-A384-6708-BE0-C96-D8.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/J45ZMCG1/C524-B37-E-1453-4-B9-F-8432-58886-B208686.jpg

Welcome Chungus!  

Guys:  please pay close attention to what Chungus has tried so far:

“I’ve disassembled the rifle, cleaned it, checked for paint on the bottom of the receiver Like some other forums have mentioned and reassembled the stock and rifle and checked scope ring, torque, as well as Loctite on the screws, I’ve shot it with and without a suppressor and I still have massive groups above three or 4 inches. “

Chungus:  I’m racking my brain to come up with ideas here, since you already hit the major points.  please consider

- examine the crown with a magnifying glass?  

- bolt-contact?  There are ways to check (using a sharpie or dykem) to see if both the bolt lugs are contacting the receiver, on youtube

If any of you Remington 700 mechanics are reading this, what would cause that big of an issue on Chungus’  Bergara? (essentially a Remington clone)?  Just defective tube from the factory?

Definitely something is way way off here.

Only other thing I'd check that I didn't see mentioned was the scope-base itself. Chungus, if you've checked that as well, I'd be reaching out to Bergara.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By loudnproud:

Only other thing I'd check that I didn't see mentioned was the scope-base itself. Chungus, if you've checked that as well, I'd be reaching out to Bergara.
View Quote

thanks for the reply! theyre beautiful rifles, ive contacted bergara and will be shipping it back to see.
Link Posted: 6/20/2024 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried 13 different types (brands and grain) of ammunition in my .308 Bergara until I found 3 that would perform well consistently.  The 150 grain Aquila and American Eagle didn't group well at all.  My best performers were PMC XTAC 168 grain, S&B 168 grain, and Federal 168 grain.  I purchase most of my ammo from Target Sports and if you join the ammo+ membership you get a discount and free shipping on any size order, even one box.  Great for trying out different manufacturers and grains.  These pics are all at 100 yards, indoor range, bench rest with sandbag.

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I had my rings way over torqued and it would be bottomed out on adjustment shooting 10"high at 100.   Once I got that squared away I was no longer bottomed out and shooting beautiful.  I went 300prc and have had no other issues.   Recoil is mild.   It's a hoot.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By FloridaMan11b:
Has anyone put their b14 hmr action into a KRG X-RAY chassis?
https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/x-ray-lefty-chassis-rem-700sa/
View Quote

Ended up getting this and I love it. Will have to get some shots on paper at 100yd and post pics.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 5:57:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Did this yesterday with imi 175gr otm at 100yards prone on bipod with rear bag.
First 3 shots of the day touching.

After that i shot a 2moa 5 round group with fed 175gr GMM and a 3moa 5 round group with 175gr fed terminal ascent. It was probably just me and not the ammo on those. Will have to try again soon on the table and chair instead of prone.
Page / 18
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top