Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2012 11:04:46 PM EDT
Finally tried out SpecOps: The Line, which I bought in a sale a month or two back.  Couldn't help but notice the very strange sight situation on the M4:

Pic

(Pic linked rather than embedded as it's 1920x1200)

Looks like he has a KAC flip-down BUIS, plus some kind of chopped A2 handle or fixed BUIS that is mounted backwards, forward on the receiver..

I wonder if that used to be an EOTech or something and they had to swap out the model at the last minute due to licensing or some other legal issue...

Anyway, just thought it was interesting/weird.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 1:10:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks to me like the LaRue RDS. With the metal guards on the sides?
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 1:20:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looks to me like the LaRue RDS. With the metal guards on the sides?

"RDS" as in red dot sight with a LaRue mount or does LaRue actually have a product called RDS?

It does look similar to LaRue's fixed BUIS but it has a lot more of the "carry handle" there.  Also if you shift around on the model in the game you can see it is indeed an A2-style iron sight, with adjustments and apertures.  

It could be the LMT fixed rear sight: linky, but mounted backwards.  Very weird.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 1:23:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's an image where you can see the sights better:

Link Posted: 12/2/2012 1:26:10 AM EDT
[#4]
When I played the game I took a few screenshots of this exact thing...

Notice there is a KAC back up sight too
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 1:37:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Yup, craziness.  I knew someone else must have noticed.

Obviously it's time to buy a KAC flip up and an LMT fixed and make a spec-ops build for my next rifle.  Double irons must be the next HSLD thing
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 2:24:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Two is one, one is none.  It is a BUBUIS.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 2:28:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I actually have seen a set up similar to that in the wild but without the extra KAC BUIS near the charging handle.  

yeah when I saw that in the game I was
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here's an image where you can see the sights better:

http://images.wikia.com/specops/images/f/f1/M4A1_aiming.png

Lol, yeah.. I'm gonna go with backwards LMT sight.
Link Posted: 12/2/2012 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Backwards BUIS, missing parts, ejection port covers that re-close after every round, etc. will always plague these games.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top