Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Strictly garrison helicopter.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#2]
One ugly looking bird!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Limited numbers in mostly safety roles, from what I've seen. I know they support Mountain phase.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok? They have been since 06.

Our local hospital has a pair of the civilian versions, unique sounding machines.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Non-deployable.  Now coming to an active training unit @ Ft Rucker, b/c of budget cuts.  How would you like to learn to fly in a twin-engine European helicopter?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I was very surprised the Model 204 derivative's wasn't chosen. Lot of commonality in support, training and so on.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:32:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

No dazziler and most likely no secure comms..  No one I was with ever had a hand one me when we exited. Is that new?

Oh and no rifles.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
GTFU 351, those are sexy bitches!  If I had millions, I'd buy one just
to stand next to it for selfies.  and put my dags in it too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember those birds from Ranger School a few years ago. They are fairly agile which should be expected from small rotary wings.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Ft. Polk 5th AVN OPFOR Lakota's
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ok? They have been since 06.

Our local hospital has a pair of the civilian versions, unique sounding machines.
View Quote

I've seen them used as LifeFlights here.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Fort Polk US Army Air Ambulance Detachment USAAAD Lakota
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Det 1 Bravo Company 2-151st AVN Night Owls
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Ft. Polk 21st Cavalry Brigade Air Combat
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Eurocopter? One used by Lifenet crashed not far from me killing a patient, the pilot & two crew in August 2011. There was some talk that the pilot was distracted and had been texting while he should've been doing checks on the fuel levels for their trip.

http://www.ntsb.gov/news/events/2013/mosby_mo/abstract_mosby_mo.pdf

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Non-deployable.  Now coming to an active training unit @ Ft Rucker, b/c of budget cuts.  How would you like to learn to fly in a twin-engine European helicopter?
View Quote

Oooohh! Me me me!!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#19]
When I went to NTC at ft Irwin, the OPFOR used those as their air asset.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:48:22 PM EDT
[#20]
The official helicopter of Mississippi!  

Link here
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Loach on steroid.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:55:46 PM EDT
[#22]
My unit has 2 or 3, but they're strictly for the state of SC to use for civilian type roles. At least, that's what I've been told. Last I heard, I think they were being transferred to 2nd Batt up in Greenville, along with our Chinooks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#24]
KA3B--

Given the info above, it looks like a good choice for Stateside CSAR/Recue work with the rear loading doors and all....is it a crew of 3 or 4? How many folks can it CASEVAC?

Looks like there's room for 4 injured, stacked right and left....or is it more like 2
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The official helicopter of Mississippi!  

Link here
View Quote

I had no idea that many were procured, and for that many different missions.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

KA3B--

Given the info above, it looks like a good choice for Stateside CSAR/Recue work with the rear loading doors and all....is it a crew of 3 or 4? How many folks can it CASEVAC?

Looks like there's room for 4 injured, stacked right and left....or is it more like 2
View Quote

One of my buddies is a flight medic instructor at Ft. Rucker, he's posted several pictures of UH-72's, want me to ask him?  From what I can tell online, in a medevac role, crew is pilot, copilot, crew chief, and medic, with room for two litters, and includes a hoist operated by the crew chief.

Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:59:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:07:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Interesting.  I heard some were being bought but used here.  What's the reason for keeping them stateside?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Eurocopter? One used by Lifenet crashed not far from me killing a patient, the pilot & two crew in August 2011. There was some talk that the pilot was distracted and had been texting while he should've been doing checks on the fuel levels for their trip.

http://www.ntsb.gov/news/events/2013/mosby_mo/abstract_mosby_mo.pdf

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

That was a single engine AS350B2 flown by Air Methods.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Interesting.  I heard some were being bought but used here.  What's the reason for keeping them stateside?
View Quote

They're not combat aircraft with the systems in place on a Blackhawk for example. They're significantly less than a Blackhawk in terms of acquisition and operating costs which explains why they've been a success with the Guard.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:33:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They're not combat aircraft with the systems in place on a Blackhawk for example. They're significantly less than a Blackhawk in terms of acquisition and operating costs which explains why they've been a success with the Guard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see, thanks for explaining it.  I assume the second part is tongue in cheek but also truth.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:35:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Many are going to transition to the training role, which isn't being welcomed by the instructors.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Oooohh! Me me me!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Non-deployable.  Now coming to an active training unit @ Ft Rucker, b/c of budget cuts.  How would you like to learn to fly in a twin-engine European helicopter?

Oooohh! Me me me!!!!

How old are you, any prior service, & how are 'yer eyeballs?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

That shit blows my mind
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#36]
I think I've seen some of those at the airport next to the base I work at.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
One ugly looking bird!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The reason that the Guard has had success with them is that the Guard has had no choice.  Not like anybody asked.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  Non-deployable.  Now coming to an active training unit @ Ft Rucker, b/c of budget cuts.  How would you like to learn to fly in a twin-engine European helicopter?

Oooohh! Me me me!!!!

Age matters, but when I applied for WOFT it was race, sex, college, HS GPA, private pilots license, then the others, they were interested in. And they did not give one fuck about test scores or references (other than the number of, have the max).
FQNS looks good though, and teaches a lot about humility. The time and effort spent to get to those four letters is a good lesson in precision, conformity, dealing with incompetence, and how to hurry up and wait.
My hat is off to those that succeed, they are living what once was my dream.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:03:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:  Age matters, but when I applied for WOFT it was race, sex, college, HS GPA, private pilots license, then the others, they were interested in. And they did not give one fuck about test scores or references (other than the number of, have the max).
FQNS looks good though, and teaches a lot about humility. The time and effort spent to get to those four letters is a good lesson in precision, conformity, dealing with incompetence, and how to hurry up and wait.
View Quote

FQNS does not come up in a simple Google search.  Que?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:05:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Ours went to Ft. Polk, and they wouldn't let them fly over the box. Lol...
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#43]
As the old joke goes:

...and we have 2 of those sedans that those fat assed generals ride in the back of.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#44]
A helicopter built by Scarebus? They can't even get flight control logic for fixed wing right. No thanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Age matters, but when I applied for WOFT it was race, sex, college, HS GPA, private pilots license, then the others, they were interested in. And they did not give one fuck about test scores or references (other than the number of, have the max).

Fully qualified, non selected.
And yes, I am a quitter, I could've applied once more, perhaps that I didn't proves their decision valid.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:  Fully qualified, non selected.
And yes, I am a quitter, I could've applied once more, perhaps that I didn't proves their decision valid.
View Quote

I thought furiously for about 30 minutes in Iraq when I found out I was young enough to apply for a Warrant Aviator slot.  Flying helicopters was my first dream as a kid.  Now I have other priorities, and while I might make a decent pilot, my talents are better used elsewhere.  Having served w/ a CAB, I know I made the right choice.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:42:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#48]
When in the hell did we start calling that tribe the Lakota?

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#49]
If we are ordering Euro copters can we get some of these

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top