Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2014 1:18:06 PM EDT
I'd like to build up a decent stock of fuel (gasoline) for running generators, vehicles, tractors, atv.....in case for whatever reason I can't get it from the pumps.
Are there any better options that just having a bunch of those 5 gallon tanks laying around?  I'd like to have at least 100 gallons on hand, but I don't want 20 plastic tanks laying around. Do they make any larger thanks that are still somewhat portable that don't cost a fortune?  I need something I can still fill up at the pumps...I don't want a big permanent tank that I truck has to come out and fill.

Any ideas?  

Are these things any good?

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Go to a farm supply and get a tank. They have them in literally every size possible.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a 30 gallon caddy to keep my small stuff topped off.  I fill it out of a 500 gallon tank in on the other side of the yard, though.  I'd hate to have to get that bitch out of my truck at the Hess station to fill it up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Getting in the habit of refueling your vehicles when they're half-empty is a good start.

If you own 4 vehicles with 20 gallon tanks, you'll always have at least 40 gallons of gas on hand - and probably quite a bit more.

If you drive the vehicles on a regular basis, the gas will get refreshed regularly - without the hassle of rotating old gas out of your gas cans.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#4]
55 gal drums.Fill them with the 5 gal cans and keep the 5 gal cans full.

Use a siphon hose on the drums.Easy to keep stock rotated.

The gas caddy works good,but you can pick up clean drums for 10 bucks apiece.Easier on the wallet to fill them with a couple 5 gal. cans every week.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:58:59 PM EDT
[#5]
600 gallon fuel pod in the back of a deuce and a half.  Portability and capacity.   Problem solved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top