Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2015 1:04:31 AM EDT
I recently made this video of my latest PPSh-41.  It's from 1944.  I'm no professional speaker or photographer, so please go easy on me guys ;)  I just like sharing my toys and hobby with people.

I wanted to also include some pictures showing the different markings on 4 different PPSh-41s.  It's interesting seeing how different the guns were marked.  I'm a history buff, so I eat shit like this up haha.  2 of these are amnesty registered C&Rs of mine, and the other two are from Russian parts kits from WW2. I know the logo for the 2 C&R guns is Molot.  What about the two parts kit's logos?  I thought this was interesting, and wanted to share.  I hope you enjoy!

The sad thing is that the guns that were cut up into parts kits look like they are in unissued condition, unlike the C&R guns.  Sad.....very sad.....

C&R 1944 PPSh-41 Video

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:10:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!

We found one in a guy's house in Sadr City with all matching numbers in damn fine condition. It was destroyed a few days later by order of the BN commander.

I managed to get an assload of pics for posterity, though.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:14:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice!

We found one in a guy's house in Sadr City with all matching numbers in damn fine condition. It was destroyed a few days later by order of the BN commander.

I managed to get an assload of pics for posterity, though.
View Quote

The laws are bullshit that soldiers can't bring back war trophies anymore.  Atleast as DEWATS even.  You deserve to have that PPSh-41 hanging on your living room wall dude.  Sad.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:19:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Admirable. Keep posting cool shit. You got a ma deuce yet?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:20:01 AM EDT
[#4]
That is bad ass.

If you don't mind, how much are you in it?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:20:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Great video, thanks!
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:21:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool!
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:23:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice, wish I could scrape up the green for those kind of toys............
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:23:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice!  

I think the whole video is cool.  Good work.  Nice gun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:28:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you have a drum for it?

And can we be friends IRL?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:35:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Love that cartridge.

It says something when Finnish and German Commando units would carry these as their preferred shoulder-fired weapons for most dudes, both nations knowing how poor Russian manufacturing was and having laundry lists of jokes about Russian garbage.

It was the closest thing to an intermediate cartridge before intermediate cartridges became more common.  The penetration from 7.62x25 is impressive compared to straight walled pistol cartridges.

Effective range is more like 200m, as opposed to 50m for 9mm SMG's.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:44:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Do you have a drum for it?

And can we be friends IRL?
View Quote

Yes. 6 of them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:01:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Love that cartridge.

It says something when Finnish and German Commando units would carry these as their preferred shoulder-fired weapons for most dudes, both nations knowing how poor Russian manufacturing was and having laundry lists of jokes about Russian garbage.

It was the closest thing to an intermediate cartridge before intermediate cartridges became more common.  The penetration from 7.62x25 is impressive compared to straight walled pistol cartridges.

View Quote

Yep, it is an excellent cartridge.  It's a shame it has turned into an "odd ball" round over the years.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:14:42 AM EDT
[#13]

My gun also loves the Rommy stuff and it was very cheap when I bought 10 cases of it.

I've never shot mine with the stick mags only the drums. Mine is a reweld though but looks brand new and is built from Polish parts. I still need to get a loader for the stick mags but I built a "winder" loader for the drums that make it easier to load them and also Soumi drums.

Is that a public range that allows MGs? Where is it located in Texas, always looking for other ranges to shoot my MGs at. I'm guessing by your videos it might be central Texas area.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:17:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My gun also loves the Rommy stuff and it was very cheap when I bought 10 cases of it.

I've never shot mine with the stick mags only the drums. Mine is a reweld though but looks brand new and is built from Polish parts. I still need to get a loader for the stick mags but I built a "winder" loader for the drums that make it easier to load them and also Soumi drums.

Is that a public range that allows MGs? Where is it located in Texas, always looking for other ranges to shoot my MGs at. I'm guessing by your videos it might be central Texas area.  
View Quote

Proactive Defense
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:21:55 AM EDT
[#15]
That is like two chickens and a goat for trade.

Plus a $200 tax stamp.

You rule!

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:30:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Proactive Defense

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Proactive Defense

Figures, i'm in the Houston area and that's way too far to go. Have you ever made it to a Leona shoot? I don't remember seeing you at one.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:39:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Neat!

Thanks for sharing.
NFW you are really an arfcommer. Where is your beard, tactical gear and 200lbs of extra body fat?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:45:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Love that cartridge.

View Quote

Like the 7.92 x33?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:55:00 AM EDT
[#19]
You win the lottery? Because I would be doing exactly what you are doing.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:13:43 AM EDT
[#20]
It's been posted before, but it always bares (bears? I'm never sure which to use) repeating;

“Ask a Soviet engineer to design a pair of shoes and he’ll come up with something that looks like the boxes that the shoes came in; ask him to make something that will massacre Germans, and he turns into Thomas Fucking Edison.”

-- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
View Quote

What a confluence of form and function.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:24:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Shot em in both tokarev and 9mm. Handled very nice for such rudimentary fabrication.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Neat!

Thanks for sharing.
NFW you are really an arfcommer. Where is your beard, tactical gear and 200lbs of extra body fat?
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#24]
That is freaking awesome.

Thank you for sharing!

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Tag for home video viewing.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#26]
In one of your videos you mention about the changing rate of fire with it.  

In my experience firing them its actually the magazine that would cause it.

In the early 2000s we PACT timed one and noticed with a certain magazines it was pretty steady, with some of the others it fluctuated.  The ones that it fluctuated on seemed to have a lot stiffer springs.

Basically as the magazine emptied the force rounds against the feed lips would get less and it would speed up.

Could be some thing you could test out.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Great vid, thanks for sharing Op
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:35:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I understand why people look at it as rudimentary. The truth is, their manufacturing techniques had not progressed beyond what the largest American farms could accomplish in the 1900's.
I love the PPSH. Out of everything I've ever played with, it's my favorite sub gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shot em in both tokarev and 9mm. Handled very nice for such rudimentary fabrication.

I understand why people look at it as rudimentary. The truth is, their manufacturing techniques had not progressed beyond what the largest American farms could accomplish in the 1900's.
I love the PPSH. Out of everything I've ever played with, it's my favorite sub gun.

Dont get me wrong, it's a fun bullet hose and the built in brake and weight make it a pussycat to shoot, but the sterling is still my fave.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Dont get me wrong, it's a fun bullet hose and the built in brake and weight make it a pussycat to shoot, but the sterling is still my fave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the Sterling is the tits.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:08:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Admirable. Keep posting cool shit. You got a ma deuce yet?
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#31]
I think it was late '42 they stopped manufacturing the drum magazines and issued only the stick mags.  Reliability issues with the drums.

By the end of the war, one battalion in a rifle regiment were only issued PPSH's.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Are these post samples?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Are these post samples?
View Quote

C&R post-samples from 1944?  
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I started with the PPSh41 vid than made my way to the MG42 video.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Are these post samples?
View Quote

No. Transferables. I am a small time SOT on the side, but I do not own any post samples. I only collect transferables and two pre samples.  Looking to get 4 specific post samples soon to demo and rent around town though, but for obvious legal reasons those will be purely business and not part of my collection.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#36]
The gun my grandpa went to war with.  I've only laid my hands on a closed bolt semi auto abomination with a 16" barrel.

Awesome video.  Keep that thing forever.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The gun my grandpa went to war with.  I've only laid my hands on a closed bolt semi auto abomination with a 16" barrel.

Awesome video.  Keep that thing forever.
View Quote

Thanks. I plan on it!
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#39]
The open bolts are fun to shoot, you know when you've shot the last round.....
The heavy bolt sort of pulls you forward.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top