User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 727
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
My store not clearancing any ammo
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]
No ammo clearanced at the two Walmarts I checked. A bunch of .22 at one, a small amount at the other.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:07:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stiles1410] [#3]
Attachment Attached File

Nothing in stock here but the marlin 336 for $354

I did score this on clearance for a grand total of $4 never used either one before hopefully they are decent
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sp3worker:
No ammo clearanced at the two Walmarts I checked. A bunch of .22 at one, a small amount at the other.
View Quote
Be sure you have them scan the box/upc.   Mine showed a sticker price of $6.87 on the shelf.  Asked the guy about it and he said yea, thats the price, but let me scan it to be sure...  BANG!  $5 a box.   I left with 44 boxes!
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone actually found one of the 1895g in stock anywhere? I've probably called, brickseek'd 30+ stores for one and nada
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bahbo:
Has anyone actually found one of the 1895g in stock anywhere? I've probably called, brickseek'd 30+ stores for one and nada
View Quote
Lol, we bought all those up last year. Not sure there's any left in any Walmart.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:20:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stiles1410] [#7]
View Quote
I'm not sure there are any, they dumped those last year for the Henry's. I snagged one during the great 45/70 arfpocalypse  for $250
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Stiles1410:

I'm not sure there are any, they dumped those last year for the Henry's. I snagged one about this time last year for $250
View Quote
Guess I misread the OP thought that was a current deal. Damn would have been a good bear rifle.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:28:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stiles1410] [#9]
Guess I misread the OP thought that was a current deal. Damn would have been a good bear rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm not sure there are any, they dumped those last year for the Henry's. I snagged one about this time last year for $250
I believe it is a current deal but you would be hard pressed to find one, it would have been sitting unpurchased on clearance for over a year. But they did drop the price to $139 so there is bound to be one left somewhere in their system
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought all the black box they had. Only 16 boxes. They had more in the back but had to apply the ammo tax sticker and I was short on time. I’ll buy everything they have next week.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks! I picked up a Bushnell 3x9x40 Trophy for $35. The are normally $134.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#12]

I believe it is a current deal but you would be hard pressed to find one, it would have been sitting unpurchased on clearance for over a year. But they did drop the price to $139 so there is bound to be one left somewhere in their system
View Quote
Anyone know how I could locate one if there is one actually in inventory somewhere? Also does anyone know if they would send it from one Wally World to another? Or another FFL for that matter?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Anyone know how I could locate one if there is one actually in inventory somewhere? Also does anyone know if they would send it from one Wally World to another? Or another FFL for that matter?
View Quote
Realistically, if someone on here knew those answers, they would have already bought it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By morning_would:

Realistically, if someone on here knew those answers, they would have already bought it.
View Quote
Yeah I know.

But some folks are just nice, and willing to help another out.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#15]

I'm not sure there are any, they dumped those last year for the Henry's. I snagged one during the great 45/70 arfpocalypse  for $250
View Quote
Saw one of the Henry's on "Rollback" for $400 yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Yeah I know.

But some folks are just nice, and willing to help another out.
View Quote
there internal system may let them check other stores. Sometimes the internal systems aren't very easy to search like that you would probably need to find a "eager" employee. Being that it is a ffl item there inventory shouldn't be off.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By crawej21:

there internal system may let them check other stores. Sometimes the internal systems aren't very easy to search like that you would probably need to find a "eager" employee. Being that it is a ffl item there inventory shouldn't be off.
View Quote
Thank you sir.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Fusion 30-30 on closeout is the 170 grain.   Rang up at $4.50 a box near me.  Bought all six boxes.  Plus two boxes of the 40 defend for $5 and five boxes of the federal brown box buckshot at $1 each.   Thanks for the heads up.    

The 30-30 was huge for me.  My kid has a lever gun that we have never shot yet since I hadn't bought ammo or reloading dies for it yet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#19]
My local walmart had plenty of Suprema birdshot for $1.50/box.  Didn't buy any since I'm not really a hunter.  Couldn't find anything else on clearance.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Tried 5 different Walmarts over the past few days.  The only one that had AE 223 was the green boxes and they rang up at $6.87.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Like usual nothing here was in stock. Like one of the pevious posters I grabbed a couple boxes of automatch so it didn't feel like a total bust. First time I've seen 22 in stock in like 8 years so maybe things are looking up
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Shqype:
I wonder if anything will be on sale in NY.
View Quote
Bought out my local WM, 15 boxes of the AE 223 for $5 each.  The other one nearby was already sold out.  I didn't check on the shotshells but I'll be back tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By wptemple:
Fusion 30-30 on closeout is the 170 grain.   Rang up at $4.50 a box near me.  Bought all six boxes.  Plus two boxes of the 40 defend for $5 and five boxes of the federal brown box buckshot at $1 each.   Thanks for the heads up.    

The 30-30 was huge for me.  My kid has a lever gun that we have never shot yet since I hadn't bought ammo or reloading dies for it yet.
View Quote
He'll love the 170gr
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:25:51 PM EDT
[#24]
 ought 6 boxes of american eagle at 5 bucks each.   No 45/70 though
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By evnash:
NECKBEARD!!!!!!

Nice score. $1.50 per? were the unopened cases on the shelf?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TSU45:

Two stops worth so far this morning.  Third store have me the we are missing 90 boxes of ammo routine.  Tons of the American Eagle around me, I'm going to see if it sits and drops.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/166097/IMG_1241-313829.JPG
NECKBEARD!!!!!!

Nice score. $1.50 per? were the unopened cases on the shelf?
$1.50
$1 buck
$2.50 zqi 7.62x51

Struck out on the gold medal shells everywhere. Not sure what's up with that.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:43:42 PM EDT
[#26]
the suprema shows up as invalid when I search brickseek and I can't find it on the site. UPC maybe/
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Nothing at the closest walmart to me in Upstate NY. They are the ones that had one of the closeout bushnells last year and wouldn't price match the internet. About par for course. They did have some of the green box .223.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I couldn't find info on 7.5 but the 8's will pop up searching "tulammo suprema 12ga"
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Went there tonight to return somethings.

Nothing "clearance".

20 cent 9mm.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Hit the local walmart today.  Had the guy scan a bunch of stuff.

Got 24 boxes of brown box Winchester buckshot for $1.  Marked $2.50 a box.

Got 8 boxes of Black Box American Eagle for $5. Marked $6.87.

No perfecta, no Extrema, and the federal slugs were same price.  

Ah well.  Good deal on blasting buckshot and the 5.56 will go into the stockpile.

Still more than we had the last huge clearance.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:03:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cucumbermonkey] [#31]
Originally Posted By Realdealoo8:
My local store has 3, all the local stores show inventory actually but its priced at $345. Does not appear to be on sale yet. What is the sale price so I can act if it drops?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Realdealoo8:
Originally Posted By Cucumbermonkey:
Originally Posted By Kevin_Jensen:

Anyone have the SKU for the 30-30? Model 336 I believe.

eta if you go to walmart's website and search for a product, when you go to the page the last series of numbers in the URL appears to be the SKU. Then go to a place like Brickseek and you can check the inventory of walmarts near you.
My local store has 3, all the local stores show inventory actually but its priced at $345. Does not appear to be on sale yet. What is the sale price so I can act if it drops?
I dont even know if they're clearancing their 30-30s. Unless I missed a post nobody's mentioned getting one for a super bargain.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#32]
You guys are soooooooo lucky dude.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Scored 8 boxes of the federal shotgun shells for $2. $17.32 for 200 shells ain't to shabby

I couldn't find any of the other stuff in Vegas.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#34]
ZQI 7.62x51....there's 60 boxes about 40 miles from me...for $2.50/box of 20....

Damn...if i'm reading this right that's .308....would be awesome to score about 50 boxes for that Ruger American .308 i bought for $199 on Walmart clearance last year.

Probably should get in the truck and go get it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:27:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By DUH556:
How current is Brickseek? I called a Walmart about some ammo and  they said there wasn't any even though Brickseek showed that it was in stock.
View Quote
Seems to be delayed a few hours. My store says 22 boxes of AE in stock yesterday snd today. Wife was at WM so I had her scoop up what they had on the shelf (5 boxes). A couple hours later the inventory dropped to 17 boxes showing. Guessing they are in the back in a cage. Will go back again tomorrow and see. Sadly, they show (0) of in stock for the .308
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:41:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kooter] [#36]

View Quote
WM wont send it to another walmart, nor to another ffl.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 3:25:16 AM EDT
[#37]
I went by 2 today. The only thing on clearance was federal aluminum cased. Even on sale, it was more expensive than good brass cased ammo from SG is.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 3:46:47 AM EDT
[#38]
I went to the one near me...had the 30-30 and the guy rang it up and said it was $345. Same on the fusion 30-30 ammo...

Why are some Wal-Marts like that and others aren't?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By KrazyL:
I went by 2 today. The only thing on clearance was federal aluminum cased. Even on sale, it was more expensive than good brass cased ammo from SG is.
View Quote
Nothing appears to be on sale in north Georgia, most of the stores I've been to don't carry what's listed on clearance here.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Bone Collector scope and Simmons 3-9x50 only items on clearance at Cedar Rapids/Marion, Iowa stores.  

Got one of each which was all they had.

No black box Federal nor Suprema birdshot in sight.

BrickSeeker shows stock but nothing at stores per staff.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes

for the record the clearance one last year (in that thread huge thread) was not the guide (model):
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=3138485

it was

Marlin Model 1895 Lever Action Rifle .45-70 Gov 22" Barrel 4 Rounds Walnut Stock Blued Finish 70460
Brand: Marlin
MFR #: 70460
UPC: 026495015503
Item: 41011
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#42]
I hit up two other Walmarts in my area and no clearance at either.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By thecapn2004:

I think it is crap.  All the Walmarts near me that showed inventory had ZERO...assuming their investigation was legit when they checked the cage in the back.  Nothing in the front case.
View Quote
The one in my town had just what it said on Brickseek. Within an hour of buying it the website showed the difference.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Hater:
I ran that SKU thru Brickseek and it showed 176 boxes at a Wal-Mart near me. 

I ran over and it turned out to be the Independence branded variety at $5, even though Brickseek showed the black box AR223.  I guess the SKU is the same.

For the record, the Wal-Mart lady's handheld scanner showed the exact same inventory amount, 176 boxes, as did Brickseek.  So Brickseek was accurate in my case.
View Quote
Yeah it showed 13 at my store. I got there and there were 10 black box for $5 and 3 green box for $6.87. Same Sku I believe.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#45]

The #1 rule of deal finding is never ever call the store. all you did is alert the worker to the deal and he/ or his friend gets the deal.
View Quote
True. The department manager was surprised I knew it was clearanced. He knew nothing about it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Inspector2211:

True. The department manager was surprised I knew it was clearanced. He knew nothing about it.
View Quote
They had the scope I bought hidden under the counter. When I asked about it he was like oh that one maybe I have one left.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:33:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uwp] [#47]

The #1 rule of deal finding is never ever call the store. all you did is alert the worker to the deal and he/ or his friend gets the deal.
View Quote
more that may/will/should be/is going on clearance in your area:

Nikon Prostaff 3S 10x42 Waterproof/Fogproof Binoculars with Case
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=50305664

Nikon PROSTAFF 7S 10x42 Binoculars
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=42581776

Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC Laser Rangefinder
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=24368096

Bushnell The Truth with ARC Laser Rangefinder
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=24368098

EarShield Dual Muff, Kryptek Highlander
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=43411127

packaging matters. they could be getting rid of box packaging and not clamshell (like I think on the binoculars)

take this with a grain of salt:
brickseek is accurate 99%
If brickseek says they have it they do, however,...
This is an Easter egg hunt, it's your job to figure out how to find/get the item, it may not be where is should be.
You may have to find the 'right' employee to try to 'get/find' it for you. Things get hidden/segregated, may be in the back,etc
When you find it smile,
when you don't, smile and keep trying
(it should be a 'fun' game, if it is not for you, don't play, and DO NOT CALL)
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#48]
I've learned through all this that Walmart will not honor other Walmart stores prices, they will only honor Walmart official online prices. Picked up 4 CRKT Obake knives and a Kershaw Emerson CQC 4KXL for 7 dollars a piece on clearance. Went to the Walmart a town over and they had them all regularly priced, 35 for the Obake and 58.98 for the Kershaw
Also have seen some post on air rifle forums that they have some pellet pistols on clearance Great for those backyard pest if you have close by neighbors
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:12:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KodiakZach] [#49]
Brickseek was showing 22 boxes of AE yesterday, wife bought 5 for me when she was there. Brickseek subsequently dropped to 17 available a couple hours later.

Went back this am to get the other 17 boxes, much to my surprise, there sat 17 boxes on the shelf. 20 minutes later when sporting goods guy shows up, I have him open the case... ONLY to find out they are the green box. So I had him put in the SKU for the black box AE and it showed none, but then he clicked something on the screen that said "Cross Reference" and it showed the Green box ammo.

Moral of the story: just because Brickseek shows stock on the AE, doesn't mean it's the black box. They have the SKU's set to cross reference the old and the new. So don't be surprised when you show up and only see green boxes left @ $6.87 per box
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#50]
I've been to 3 stores...and i can't remember but at least 2 of them showed on Brickseek to have the FEDERAL 12 guage for $2/box...

Left empty handed on those...

Anyone else score the Federal 12 guage for $2 per box ?
Page / 727
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top