BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

some states will suspend licenses, both professional and recreational, for back support.

and other states are even bigger dicks about it.

I have to wonder if Illinois will suspend your FOID card if you're behind on child support.
View Quote
So taking away your ability to legally get to a job to make money because you own money. Sounds like a brilliant govt solution!
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:44:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This man understand the system completely ^

signed: been there - done that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to understand the system and it's actual intent.

The basics:

First and most importantly it isn't child support. It's a tax of opportunities for the state.

Second, it relies on the disproportionate custody bias against fathers.

Third. The money is sent to a central collection fund where the interest is skimmed by the state. It's is calculated into the fiscal budget of the state.

Once you understand this, the rest of the entire family court system bullshit comes to light.

For instance, Men make more money than women as an average. Support is based on combined income and standard of living that income gives. It is awarded proportionality, well not really. Many single mothers receive state or federal assistance. It would be a loss to the state to upend the tradition of maternal custody since the fund of support payments would be lower and thus impact the states budget.  It is in the best interest of the state to take every single penny possible in a support case.

Child support is worse than eminent domain, asset forfeiture, illegal taxation, and having a standing army live in your house all together. The state can and will fuck your ass raw at will with impunity.
This man understand the system completely ^

signed: been there - done that
Me too. Guess how much child support I got when I had custody?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Never get married in Ohio without a prenup - the divorce courts are murder on men (or so I am told).

I used to know a guy that came home from work unexpectedly early one day, to find his wife riding dick on another man in the bedroom.

The court treated HIM like the guilty party, and because there were children, he was financially fucked over worse than Hiroshima.

He ended up, at one point, living in his car because he could no longer afford a roof over his head.

Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:51:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Been seeing more and more guys that are married while on active duty get hit with divorce papers either right before or right after they retire. Their ex-spouse then can get a portion of their military pension in many cases. All 50 states recognize military pensions as marital or community property.

People mistakenly think they have to be married a minimum of 10 years on active duty for a spouse to be entitled to a portion of their pension, the 10 year rule is just the minimum that requires the government to make direct payments to the ex-spouse, they don't care how the judge divides it up. Federal law defers judgements on actually dividing a military pension in a divorce case to the court in the jurisdiction the divorce is filed in.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#6]
That is $20K per month plus pay his and hers legal bill.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One stipulation in my divorce was that I can't hold a passport.
I think this was because of the crazy ex

Several years before she took off with my kids I was going through old papers and pictures, she found that I had a long expired passport and she stated loosing her shit over it.

Lots of screaming questions of "Why do you think you need one? Where did you get this?Why do you have this?"
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Arrest the judge
View Quote
hard to say i disagree
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Helluva way out of $20k a month.  She's getting what she deserves now.  Nothing, zada, zip, zilch.

Had a coworker who was expected to survive on $2 week.  Family court didn't care he had nothing left for himself.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Me too. Guess how much child support I got when I had custody?
View Quote
I'm supposed to get $50 a week. I'm owed around 17 thousand (if that tells you how long it's been since I got any $$$), but who's counting?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd have been doing some killing. But I wouldn't be killing myself.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#12]
His ex-wife should be prosecuted for manslaughter.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#13]
The Judge should be fired and arrested immediately! The whole divorce and child support system is totally gender biased and a complete scam. Yet their are no repercussions for Judges who preside over such cases and rulings that destroy lives or lead to suicide. It is all too common and these Judges that refuse to hear facts and circumstances should be held liable if situations like this occur. They need to answer to someone not just be untouchable when they take away someones rights and wellbeing. It makes me sick!!!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I just can't seem to find a moral objection to it.
View Quote
My exact thought, almost word for word.

Legally? Murder isn't allowed.
Ethically? Family and dog were uninvolved, leave them out.
Morally? Reap was you sow, judge.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:02:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Those poor children.

Growing up without a father because their mother is a lunatic nightmare, and they're stuck with her.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thus, in my case a $1500 in child support while unemployed.
View Quote
Do child raising expenses/obligations cease when a divorced father is unemployed?  Certain actives for the kids should be curtailed but there is still a monthly nut to cover.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:11:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd like to think that if that were me, I'd take on the hobby of uparmoring bulldozers.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do judges or legislators set the formulas?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#20]
How very sad.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What the fuck is wrong with that judge? How can you just blatantly ignore the fact that the guy went from having a shitload of income to ZERO income, and pretend it has no bearing on his ability to pay? Also, why is anyone, ever, being required to pay TWENTY FUCKING THOUSAND dollars a month in child support?
View Quote
Similar thing happened to my uncle, back in the day. He got divorced, and at the time, he was working as a civilian contractor in Iraq driving 18-wheelers. He made bank, and his CS/Alimony was based on that bank. When the contract ended, and he went back to the states, he went to court to have the payments adjusted. The judge refused to adjust the payments based on the assumption that my uncle had the potential to continue earing the same bank.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In VA, set by an unelected commission made up of family law attorneys and child welfare activists.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Stop getting married.

AWALT - All Women Are Like That
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Do child raising expenses/obligations cease when a divorced father is unemployed?  Certain actives for the kids should be curtailed but there is still a monthly nut to cover.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thus, in my case a $1500 in child support while unemployed.
Of course not but the expenses/money spent get reduced so should the support, just like in real life.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Usually the guy you offer the money to runs to the cops and comes back with a wire on, tough to find good button men these days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$10K can have most people dissapeared quite quickly.  Most divorcees should go this route when dealing with a cruelly vindictive wife.
Usually the guy you offer the money to runs to the cops and comes back with a wire on, tough to find good button men these days.
Criss-cross.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:47:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Family courts are generally run by feminist lesbian cat ladies. These women shouldn't be voting, much less making any decisions on other people's families.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I got divorced in 1987 in the great state of Ohio

At the time of my divorce I was a 2nd year electrical NON UNION apprentice working at a prevailing wage job ( temporary UNION SCALE )

My normal rate of pay the previous 2 years was $7 up to its current $7.50 or $8 an hour
MY TEMPORARY pay on that particular job ( was buiding some big ass correctional prison center kinda close to Kings Island amusement park - i think Wayne county ? )

Anyhow my hourly rate of pay was more than DOUBLE at this temporary job - i think around $15-16 bucks an hour ( good $ in 1987 )

Yea - guess what my child support was figured at ? YOU GUESSED IT - they came up with some insane bullshit figure of my annual income based on the short TEMPORARY time frame I was working at this higher rate prevailing wage job

FUCK the courts and fuck all the ex wives and fuck the Ohio Bureau of Support Services
View Quote
Damn, that's why you're still using a ball mouse in 2017!!!
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#29]
And that's why I don't get married.

It would be nice to have kids; but I'm pathologically averse to frivolous catastrophic risk.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#30]
260 court appearances?  Ho-lee fuck.  That's insane.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just curious, how often did the ex-wife provide receipts to the Court?
View Quote
How does that work? (I can tell you it doesn't here). If that disparity were to be considered on a legal basis, CS would be cut by 90%.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
$10K can have most people dissapeared quite quickly.  Most divorcees should go this route when dealing with a cruelly vindictive wife.
View Quote
Of course this is rare. Your average divorcee isn't taking their kids' mom away from them if kids are involved. Though I'd have an extra cold Coke in this case.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Child support should not lead to debtors prison.

It's a civil issue. They won't put you in prison for not making your house payment.

It's total bullshit.
View Quote
Supporting your fuck trophies isn't the same as a mortgage.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Helluva way out of $20k a month.  She's getting what she deserves now.  Nothing, zada, zip, zilch.

Had a coworker who was expected to survive on $2 week.  Family court didn't care he had nothing left for himself.
View Quote
Then they go and get a 2nd and 3rd job just to try to get a roof over their head and the wife drags him back to court cause he has more income
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#35]
There was a story of a guy jailed for not paying, his payments were like 104% of his income and no way he could make them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#36]
What a shitty situation.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Supporting your fuck trophies isn't the same as a mortgage.
View Quote
using such emotionally-charged language on this subject excludes your comments from consideration by those capable of rational thought.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

using such emotionally-charged language on this subject excludes your comments from consideration by those capable of rational thought.
View Quote
Well he is one of those that arrest people for it. Has to figure out a way to sleep at night some how.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Family courts are generally run by feminist lesbian cat ladies. These women shouldn't be voting, much less making any decisions on other people's families.
View Quote
In my experience the bigger problem is the White Knight  male judges, out to save every Damsel in Distress.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#40]
For all those saying "don't get married" ... Do you realize you don't have to be married for a family court to go after you for CS ??

I used to wonder what pissed people off enough to do mass shootings/kill entire families and then shoot it out to the death with the cops...I don't wonder anymore, now i know what causes it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#41]
FPNI
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#42]
marriage for men in this Country is a losing proposition

have relationships, have a girlfriend, fall in love, whatever

don't marry, don't live with a women, don't share assets with a women, ever

i hope to witness one day in this Country women screeching because no one will marry them

marriage/divorce is now used by the state as a control mechanism, i've been saying this for a long time on arfcom

make a mental note of this:  at some point in the future marriage will be non-existent, at that point women will demand laws that outline obligations of men who they allow to fuck them
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:56:50 PM EDT
[#44]
His daddy (Jack Doheny) had some deep pockets.  Jack owned a sewer equipment company with ~500 employees and $1B+ in sales.  
Sounds like the wife wanted some of that family money.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So taking away your ability to legally get to a job to make money because you own money. Sounds like a brilliant govt solution!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

some states will suspend licenses, both professional and recreational, for back support.

and other states are even bigger dicks about it.

I have to wonder if Illinois will suspend your FOID card if you're behind on child support.
It's meant to enslave you, not make sense.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#46]
It's no longer a case of actually having children anymore.

In either Washington or Oregon if you actually date a woman or are friends, etc, the woman can actually file for child support based upon you being a "significant" aspect of their lives.

Also, for the one who said support shouldn't end just because you are on unemployed, yes and true. Also, you shouldn't have to live in your car so that your ex can have a nicer house than before, new clothes, new furniture, new car, and the income from a boyfriend.....

The system has no basis for reality.....
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Unless he was not a scumbag and not willing to lower himself to that level, regardless what the judge and ex-wife did to him. He checked out and didn't hurt anyone else in the process, even though the same cannot be said for the ex-wife and judge. If he did what you espouse, he wouldn't be any better than the two of them. How would that make him smart if he followed your warped advice?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He'd have been a lot smarter plotting against the wife, the attorney, and the judge. Seeing as he was planning on checking out anyhow.
Unless he was not a scumbag and not willing to lower himself to that level, regardless what the judge and ex-wife did to him. He checked out and didn't hurt anyone else in the process, even though the same cannot be said for the ex-wife and judge. If he did what you espouse, he wouldn't be any better than the two of them. How would that make him smart if he followed your warped advice?
Honestly, at that point, what does it matter?
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Well he is one of those that arrest people for it. Has to figure out a way to sleep at night some how.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And he's from Cali, so he's used to violating peoples freedom over stupid laws
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

In either Washington or Oregon if you actually date a woman or are friends, etc, the woman can actually file for child support based upon you being a "significant" aspect of their lives.
View Quote
if this is true then what i noted above has already started

men need to wake the fuck up
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Washington State also makes Step-fathers pay child support in order to "ease " the mother's transistion....
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top