User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#2]
On the bottom left it says the business name "Giggles & Grins".  When I do a Google search, I come up with two possible places...a pediatric dentistry business or a kids "indoor play space" likely for birthday parties.  I'm guessing this is from the indoor playground, which likely pays teenagers and college kids minimum wage or a tad above to help host kids birthday parties and events at their indoor playground.  Doubt anyone is getting rich working there or able to really move up the corporate ladder. Regardless that sign seems very insulting and passive agressive.

UPDATE:
This photo has made the rounds a tad less than Paris Hilton's first 'home video' with tons of speculation where it originated.  One place said it was posted at a Dairy Queen, but why would it have the "Giggles & Grins" along with a copyright logo in the left corner?
http://digg.com/2018/just-once-wish-my-employees-would-say-plaque
https://www.reddit.com/r/LateStageCapitalism/comments/93stiu/just_once_i_wish_my_employees_would_say/

Who knows where it actually originated, but is still very insulting and passive agressive.  Likely a 'former' female small business owner who paid minimum wage and acted like she was generous with pay (minimum wage for all with a top out at 25 cents above minimum for super long term employees), thought no one should have a day off except her and thought unpaid overtime was a gift.   All stated in PAST tense because my guess is the 'business' went out of business...
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]
nope
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:08:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Just walk past that thing when no one is looking and drag a finger across the whiteboard
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a woman made that
View Quote
100%
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#8]
holy shit
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
nope
View Quote
So where did it originate?

Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Hell No.... Wouldn't even do business there....
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#11]
It's a fucking cartoon! A funny one, at that!

Hell yes, I'd work there. Sense of humor is an important part of any culture, (Not more important than being good at your job, of course..) and weeding out those who don't have one is a great first step.

Now, if the boss is found to be actually serious about requiring all of those things on the cartoon, and not treating good people well, it's easy enough to eject.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I would rather steal ten million dollars from the cartel.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No different than the assholes who hang those stupid fucking motivational posters on every wall.
View Quote
We have one with a pic of the great Wall of China and something about teamwork.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would rather steal ten million dollars from the cartel.
View Quote
IN!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I would consider that sign to be an open invitation to make my own sign with things that I wish the boss would say.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#16]
In the boat I worked on a few years back we had a sign on the door.

Customers entrance only.

All tradesmen, deliveries, salesmen and company supervisors please use side entrance.

Oddly enough, we never got any shit over it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Gay.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Yeah, looks like a joke to me. Kinda like the flogging will continue until morale improves.
View Quote
in one of my old .mil units that saying most certainly was NOT a joke.  fuck the 820th BDG.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
All of the guys in this thread complaining about that probably have the grenade/take a number complaint thing on their desk.

View Quote
I find the grenade thing to be in much better taste than that awful poster.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Hell yes, I'd work there. Sense of humor is an important part of any culture, (Not more important than being good at your job, of course..) and weeding out those who don't have one is a great first step.

Now, if the boss is found to be actually serious about requiring all of those things on the cartoon, and not treating good people well, it's easy enough to eject.
View Quote
not seeing the funny at all.

It's a threat from the leadership echelon on just how low they view the employees, thinly veiled with a cutiesy font and comic format.  if leadership is that naieve on the tastelessness of this thing, they deserve shitty employees.

under no situation should leadership complain like this.  it sets a bad precedent, kills morale and fosters contempt.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
If this is funny then I would guess that Family Circus regularly has you rolling on the floor in stitches
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 5:01:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Whats the job place/profession?

That sign screams unprofessional.

But my answer to that is: I work for money. Want loyality? Buy a dog.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
an immature and unintelligent one, at that.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:.
“I canceled my vacation plans… I’d rather be at work.” – This is actually the sign of a problem. See, employees who have been stealing/covering things up/not doing their jobs will often be afraid to take a vacation because they will get caught.
View Quote
Straight up this is true. My dad had an office manager that didn’t take a vacation in 8 years. Then one week she was out with the flu. Dad caught her embezzling 500k.
Biannual audits ftw.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm guessing that's supposed to be funny, and as long as the guy/gal seems okay, sure, I would work there.

If the guy/gal seems like a dick, then there is no fucking way I would work there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#29]
As a matter-of-fact I did work for a company like that. Plumbing supply place, family owned and operated. For those of you just starting out in your careers stay the fuck away from places like that, especially if if there's a lot of family members working at the place.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
His employees must suck.  I've personally said several of those statements to my employer before.
View Quote
Definitely ALL the employees. No chance it's just one single childish "boss".
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#31]
some places have weirder art on the wall, like at the facebook office:

Link Posted: 4/13/2019 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#32]
OP post this on top of that BS

Link Posted: 4/14/2019 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#33]
I thought it was funny.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 6:51:28 AM EDT
[#34]
The picture in op was lame. I suppose you could call it a sense of humor but it's an extremely weak and under-developed one. The lady that hung that sign is the same type that repeats truly lame and over-used jokes as if her audience has never heard them before and still expects them to laugh. Yeah, she has a spark of humor, but she's not funny.

Now, given the context of the first lame-ass sign, this shit right here is funny...

Link Posted: 4/14/2019 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#35]
That calligraphy is close to something in my past.... Decades ago, I worked for a local government agency that shall remain nameless. The female CEO was so evil, nasty and... Well, she was a then older version of Hillery.

Finally, her bosses told her to be nicer to the staff. They must have given her som "tips" they had picked up on their rise to infamy.

She had her number one shitbird who maintained her civil service job despite being absent whenever, doing lousy work, etc., by being an informant and agent provocateur. Well, she had this mess of humanity draw a thank you card with "YOU MADE ME HAPPY TODAY BECAUSE_________."

Fill in the blank after photocopying the original.... Unfortunately, the shitbird artist drew a horseshoe as the major decoration on this lucky card.

And she wasn't so talented as she thought.

The horseshoe curved in at the top too much....which made it resemble what we called them whenever we got a thank you card in this heavy handed nonsensical attempt at management.... A toilet seat.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 7:38:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Ummmmm.........nope.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
There are a bunch of easily offended fragile employees here.  It looks like a boss with a sense of humor, but after reading through this thread, I think that poster would help weed out some applicants.
View Quote
Sweet poster, bro.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#40]
I wouldn't care about a poster like that, but I've worked for a couple of bipolar bosses. Everyone gets a turn in the barrel and the best part is never knowing who's next.
Money overcomes a lot of these things.
Besides its not like I'm a slave without options.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 10:11:42 AM EDT
[#41]
This is the cartoon version of "Arbeit Macht Frei."  

I'd work there, but there'd be little nazzy schwastickers emblazoned on the sleeves of all the bosses in that pic.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#42]
The last person I worked for, I ignored warning signs like this.

Tell them to get fucked.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top