Valkyrie.

Calling it now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/avengers-marvel-gay-character

"Avengers: Endgame" directors Joe and Anthony Russo hinted that a gay Marvel character will be identified in a future installment in the movie franchise.

He portrayed a group therapy attendee who detailed an emotional date he had with another man, his first since the disappearances that occurred at the end of "Avengers: Infinity War."

After verifying the character's sexual orientation, Joe added that "there've been insinuations about other characters' sexuality."

"There is a gay character coming up in one of their films," Joe said, adding that he expects Marvel will make an announcement on the subject, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige shed light on the topic last year, the outlet noted. Two roles, "both ones you've seen and ones you haven't seen," would be identified as gay, he said at the time.
Valkyrie.

Calling it now
I'm super okay with this.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:33:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Disney is going to play intersectional bingo with the Marvel Universe.

Wow, didn't see that one coming.
View Quote
Funny how they wait until they’ve made billions.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well, Valkyrie was bisexual in at least one comic I remember.

I'd say her and Captain Marvel will be the SJW Scissors ladies.

I don't really care if that's just one part of their character.   Its when a gay character has no other human traits EXCEPT for gayness that it becomes stupid.  No gay person I've ever met has been one dimensional like that.  
View Quote
You mean you won't like Flaming Flamingo, the new avian-themed character who shoots fire balls, has a FABULOUS sense of fashion and is an absolute genius at home decorating?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought at this point most of them are pretty gay, or just really stupid.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#5]
How sweet...
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]
FFS...
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don't care what people want to do on their own time, but I have zero interest in seeing gay super heros.   To the point where I'll skip watching it if they get blatant about it. I'm not going to pay to see a couple of guys kissing or more.   bleh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife has a cousin who works for Dreamworks. He is gay. Was talking with him at a family event and he mentioned that the number of people working in the arts/entertainment industry who aren't straight is pretty big. For whatever reason the LGBTRSVP crowd is just drawn to the arts & entertainment industry like flies to shit.

Anyway, point is that while the LGTPBBQ crowd in real life represents a fairly small percent of the total population (this article says recent data suggests it's less than 2 percent of the population) they are a disproportionately large population and voice in Hollywood. Naturally, they are going to think their representation in Hollywood is proportional to that in the nation as a whole and therefore they will think the nation as a whole will proportionally share their desire to see LGQTPSREPORT characters in stories and movies. Wrong.

Reminds me of a man on the street segment a decade or three ago where the journalist was interviewing blacks in black neighborhoods asking them what percent of the total U.S. population they thought was black. While the actual demographics were like 12 percent of the nation was black, those they interviewed thought it was like 75+ percent.

Perception is reality. And Hollywood is a pretty gay place so it makes sense they want to have lots of gay characters in stories and movies.
I don't care what people want to do on their own time, but I have zero interest in seeing gay super heros.   To the point where I'll skip watching it if they get blatant about it. I'm not going to pay to see a couple of guys kissing or more.   bleh.
even my 11/13yo kids are sick of it.  The most recent episode of TWD had a passionate kiss between two female characters, my son says "why does Hollywood have to gay up everything?  I'm done with TWD."
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, they're movies based on a comic book so it's all gay.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Fortunately for me I'm not going to watch any more marvel movies, so I'm good.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
even my 11/13yo kids are sick of it.  The most recent episode of TWD had a passionate kiss between two female characters, my son says "why does Hollywood have to gay up everything?  I'm done with TWD."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife has a cousin who works for Dreamworks. He is gay. Was talking with him at a family event and he mentioned that the number of people working in the arts/entertainment industry who aren't straight is pretty big. For whatever reason the LGBTRSVP crowd is just drawn to the arts & entertainment industry like flies to shit.

Anyway, point is that while the LGTPBBQ crowd in real life represents a fairly small percent of the total population (this article says recent data suggests it's less than 2 percent of the population) they are a disproportionately large population and voice in Hollywood. Naturally, they are going to think their representation in Hollywood is proportional to that in the nation as a whole and therefore they will think the nation as a whole will proportionally share their desire to see LGQTPSREPORT characters in stories and movies. Wrong.

Reminds me of a man on the street segment a decade or three ago where the journalist was interviewing blacks in black neighborhoods asking them what percent of the total U.S. population they thought was black. While the actual demographics were like 12 percent of the nation was black, those they interviewed thought it was like 75+ percent.

Perception is reality. And Hollywood is a pretty gay place so it makes sense they want to have lots of gay characters in stories and movies.
I was done with TWD a few seasons ago. That show has dragged on for too long now and just keeps rehashing the same plot over and over.

Rick and company fight their way to a new safe haven.

Rick and company have some internal conflict.

Rick and company set aside their differences to take on the leader at the safe haven who is either evil or incompetent.

Once Rick and company gain control some new bad guy or other threat comes along, fucks shit up and sends them back on the road.

Rick and company fight their way to a new safe haven.

Rick and company have some inter................
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought several of the characters were already gay.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's not a hint.  In a recent interview he confirmed it. i don't see the problem with this.  Comics were always liberal inclusiviters well before it was popular.

They're not forcing me to have sex with men, who cares.
View Quote
You got any young kids, they are the target and the agenda.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone who supports ANYTHING Disney with their hard earned money is a damn fool!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Was there ever a gay superhero? I don't remember one, not that I really care either way.
I want to say I remember some lesbian, or at least bi superheroes in my past comic collections.
View Quote
Batwoman is lesbian.
I want to say Miles Morales version of Spider-Man is gay, from what I read when he was introduced. I never read it, so I can't confirm.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#16]
They did it already in the comics with Northstar 25 years ago.

Nobody really minds when female characters are lesbian. It’s only when dicks are involved that people sit up and take notice. It’s the “wrong” gay.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Anyone who supports ANYTHING Disney with their hard earned money is a damn fool!!
View Quote
Just look how many on this forum went to the theater to see Captain Marvel after all the SJW bullshit the star of the movie spouted.

"Vote with your wallet"

Many here did just that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#18]
The endgame movie had obviously queer people, the feminist figure super hero, and I won't spoil the best part of anti-racist virtue signaling at the end.

So pretty much a typical Disney film.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe it’s Northstar.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hollywood is like 30% gay, and they are solipsistic enough to think this is true of everywhere else.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Gay guy superhero? His butt whistles when he flies?
View Quote

Poop detonation contrail
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:04:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Personally, I don't give a shit.

If it's too SJW for me, I won't go see it. Otherwise... who cares.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm past that. I didn't even go see the last few in the theater.  I'm going to either wait until I can see them free, or skip them at this point.  I can't support people who go against what I believe.  I'm tired of dealing w/ the whole SJW thing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#24]
So... Don't like it don't buy/watch it. I don't see the problem.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Attachment Attached File

One less thing for gays to bitch about.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Lemme guess, he'll be all bitchy because the other Avengers don't refer to him as "America's Ass".
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:17:11 PM EDT
[#27]
I figured it out.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
You should care because they are pushing the soft-headed masses in whichever direction they please, and we have to live in the society for which they vote.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think it's pretty obvious it's Captain Marvel...
View Quote
Supposedly not.  She and War Machine were a thing in the comics, and the whole 5yr gap they are rumored to have gotten close.  The holographic conference call was written to show some emotion/concern between them.  Brief, but it is there.

Besides, she would be too obvious from the speculation from her movie and the comments of Brie.  Someone not obvious and has seemed not gay through it all.

Still going with Fury.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
all costumed superhero movies are kinda gay
when was the last time you saw a straight guy running around in public wearing tight-fitting lycra with contrasting briefs, knee-high boots, and a cape?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
when was the last time you saw a straight guy running around in public wearing tight-fitting lycra with contrasting briefs, knee-high boots, and a cape?
 Everytime I take out of state visitors to Hollywood Blvd.  But, that's probably not what you meant.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I wonder about all the guys here going in to shock.  Why do they or anybody else really care all that much about fantasy creations?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#32]
So they're going to add a 3rd character who stands next to them and has a F on his shirt?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Lots of GD members gave these guys money.
View Quote
Plenty of cucks will pay up.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I hope it's ScarJo
View Quote
and
Elizabeth Olsen

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Go for it, Endgame was the farewell Marvel movie for me. I'm off this lesbian transgender amputee midget train either way.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#36]
I guess they will balance it out with their horror character Morbius the Living Vampire
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Deadpool 2 already decided to make Negasonic gay for no reason.
View Quote
Because she looked and acted SO STRAIGHT in the first movie...
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Northstar from Alpha Flight is gay.  Alpha Flight 106 was the comic.

It was released in March 1992.

Nothing new.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Last week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Last week.
See it at my worksite every day. Luckily,  the yoga pants babes make up for it.

If memory serves, in both Deadpool movies the punk X-man chick was gay. Her lover was a sexy Japanese babe with an electric whip or something.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
You should care because they are pushing the soft-headed masses in whichever direction they please, and we have to live in the society for which they vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Yep, and quite openly.

Representation is really important,” Joe Russo told Deadline.

“It was important to us as we did four of these [Avengers] films, we wanted a gay character somewhere in them.

We felt it was important that one of us play him, to ensure the integrity and show it is so important to the filmmakers that one of us is representing that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't give a rat's ass what they do. They can make them all gay/transgendered with purple fucking hair and I wouldn't care since I don't plan on partaking of anymore of their worthless crap. Like Disney and Star Wars, they can find a new audience for that garbage, I'm out.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:00:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Lots of GD members gave these guys money.
View Quote
Yup. They love to support the leftist bullshit agenda.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Didn't SAL do that like 40 years ago?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I figured it out.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Depends on who is writing the story

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Go for it, Endgame was the farewell Marvel movie for me. I’m off this lesbian transgender amputee midget train either way.
View Quote
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top