Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 63
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 12:18:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PhuzzyGnu:

This LC200 is at Lithia Toyota of Odessa.  42,000 miles.  Unfortunately it is sold.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/1000011569_jpg-3225728.JPG

The previous owner traded it in.

On one of these:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/1000011570_png-3225729.JPG

View Quote

Makes perfect sense if the LC doesn’t see dirt, which I bet it didn’t.

A find of mine just got a new Supra.  He’s going to let me drive it, kind of interested to see how I like it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m posting pics from when I went dirtin on Saturday AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:11:45 AM EDT
[#3]
too cool!

where is this?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:58:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stampkolektor] [#4]
View Quote

very nice, my fast and slow toys

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#5]
scuttlebutt is that there will be 5 Arfcom Trophy stickers available.

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 10:31:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#7]
Originally Posted By Ludicrous_Speed:

Finally got someone competent today who resolved everything. Got a shipping label for the right part and were good to go... Hopefully.

Was just really fed up and venting about the guy I was dealing with making promises and not fulfilling them. After their shipping department, who are supposed to have an independent reviewer check all orders to make sure this doesn't happen, still send me the wrong light.

Ranting over, their lights are fantastic, which is why I keep ordering them, even if they're very expensive compared to other options.

Plus, they have a great plug n play kit for the Ram fog lights where you can upgrade them to S2 SAEs and still use the factory wiring and button in the cab.

Truth, the next time I need something, I'll go back to them, because they're that good. I was just hacked off at the lack of caring from one individual who made promises and didn't keep them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:
Also, note to self and anyone else who wants to listen.

Next time you buy lights, stay the fuck away from Baja Designs. They're happy to take a few grand from you, not so interested in fixing their fuck ups when they ship you the wrong product.

Rant over.

Damn that’s unfortunate.

I have Baja S1 and Squadron SAE that have been great.

Finally got someone competent today who resolved everything. Got a shipping label for the right part and were good to go... Hopefully.

Was just really fed up and venting about the guy I was dealing with making promises and not fulfilling them. After their shipping department, who are supposed to have an independent reviewer check all orders to make sure this doesn't happen, still send me the wrong light.

Ranting over, their lights are fantastic, which is why I keep ordering them, even if they're very expensive compared to other options.

Plus, they have a great plug n play kit for the Ram fog lights where you can upgrade them to S2 SAEs and still use the factory wiring and button in the cab.

Truth, the next time I need something, I'll go back to them, because they're that good. I was just hacked off at the lack of caring from one individual who made promises and didn't keep them.

I am an owner of the OG Baja SAE fog lights with the plate insert because they originally didn't meet SAE lighting standards. It was a big controversy back then.
Attachment Attached File

I still love their lights. I have Squadrons for my ditch lights, bumper lights and as fog light replacements.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
too cool!

where is this?
View Quote

Newer sections of the DBBB. It was all super easy stuff since my buddy has had his 5th gen for about a week and it’s on highway tires, but there were a few fun bonus lines I got to try. It was a great day in the woods though.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#9]
scuttlebutt is that there will be 5 Arfcom Trophy stickers available.

View Quote

It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:24:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ludicrous_Speed] [#10]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

I am an owner of the OG Baja SAE fog lights with the plate insert because they originally didn't meet SAE lighting standards. It was a big controversy back then.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20240529_093354_jpg-3226400.JPG

I still love their lights. I have Squadrons for my ditch lights, bumper lights and as fog light replacements.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20240529_093424_jpg-3226401.JPG
View All Quotes
Also, note to self and anyone else who wants to listen.

Next time you buy lights, stay the fuck away from Baja Designs. They're happy to take a few grand from you, not so interested in fixing their fuck ups when they ship you the wrong product.

Rant over.

Damn that’s unfortunate.

I have Baja S1 and Squadron SAE that have been great.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20240529_093354_jpg-3226400.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20240529_093424_jpg-3226401.JPG

The proper lights are out for delivery today. Or I'm assuming they got it right this time. Unlikely to make that kind of mistake again.

I do like the quality and look. I also like the fact that they have all sorts of plug n play cables, splitters etc for different setups. It made installing the rear bumper lights easy. Or as easy as fishing a cable through all sorts of nooks and crannies can be. I also like their lens change setup as it makes replacing damage or changing colors easy. Or just flipping the cover around like I had to for the front bumper lights so the words aren't upside down.

The only other hassle I've had is having to reverse the lens bezel for the SAE lights. They have a cutoff, not unsurprising, and that means they can only be mounted one way to function properly. Since mine mount upside down due to the bumper I'm using, I had to flip the lens around. You'd think a bunch of smart guys like Baja would make that easy? Not so much. I got it done, but it was a close thing and I was worried about breaking the fragile plastic the entire time. You can tell they knew this would be an issue because they designed the mount so you could reverse it, they just also designed the locking tabs in a really shitty way that begs for them to be broken. The design screams "we have a special tool we created for the installation and removal of this part". Did I remember to mention their tech support recommends you send it in for this procedure? How very BMW of them.

Anyway, I have the bumper assembled in my garage, and as long as the forecast holds, it's going on this weekend.

And then I'll be done. For now. Until after my Colorado trip.

Okay, I'll never be done. I admit it.

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#11]

The proper lights are out for delivery today. Or I'm assuming they got it right this time. Unlikely to make that kind of mistake again.

I do like the quality and look. I also like the fact that they have all sorts of plug n play cables, splitters etc for different setups. It made installing the rear bumper lights easy. Or as easy as fishing a cable through all sorts of nooks and crannies can be. I also like their lens change setup as it makes replacing damage or changing colors easy. Or just flipping the cover around like I had to for the front bumper lights so the words aren't upside down.

The only other hassle I've had is having to reverse the lens bezel for the SAE lights. They have a cutoff, not unsurprising, and that means they can only be mounted one way to function properly. Since mine mount upside down due to the bumper I'm using, I had to flip the lens around. You'd think a bunch of smart guys like Baja would make that easy? Not so much. I got it done, but it was a close thing and I was worried about breaking the fragile plastic the entire time. You can tell they knew this would be an issue because they designed the mount so you could reverse it, they just also designed the locking tabs in a really shitty way that begs for them to be broken. The design screams "we have a special tool we created for the installation and removal of this part". Did I remember to mention their tech support recommends you send it in for this procedure? How very BMW of them.

Anyway, I have the bumper assembled in my garage, and as long as the forecast holds, it's going on this weekend.

And then I'll be done. For now. Until after my Colorado trip.

Okay, I'll never be done. I admit it.

View Quote

I forgot, I have the S2 Sports for my bumper lights, too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 3:13:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Ascent-] [#12]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/485646/IMG_3926_jpeg-3226319.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/485646/IMG_3926_jpeg-3226319.JPG

Nice!

My brother is a BMW guy. Just got him to buy a 4Runner to mod.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#13]

I forgot, I have the S2 Sports for my bumper lights, too.
View Quote

I wouldn't worry about it so much except the truck has this really cool feature where at slower speeds it will automatically turn on a fog light in the same direction you are steering around a corner. Works really well to light up where your going, especially in the rain.

I didn't particularly want to be blinding people every time I take a turn in my neighborhood

I'm already having childish urges to flip the 30" lightbar on at night when no one is in front of me to see how bright it is and I haven't even installed it yet
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 5:06:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinLeg] [#14]
I've been digging through Carling Switches, niLight, digikey, mouser, etc for the past few days.

SPDT switches are common.
Switches that have one independent illumination lamp, and one dependent illumination (internally powered via the switch circuit) lamp are common.
Switches with two independent internal illumination lamps are not common.  You can configure a switch from Carling that way, but their website leads me to believe they really only sell bulk orders to distributors.

Then add in that i would prefer leads instead of tabs, as i'll put connectors on them for easy removal of the dash / console and would prefer to eliminate the extra connection.  Also configurable via Carling's configurator.  But... not common.

Finally, i would actually prefer the Carling XIV switch, for the external 'flange' that goes around the rocker.

I'm making this way too complicated.  But... darnit.  I have a vision and i kinda want to make it happen.    I'm tempted to just get a small PLC and do it that way which is so frikkin overkill it's ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Starting to add more gear. Maxtrax and Ham setup complete, and front skid on. Tires go on next week, 235/85/16 BFG KO2. Still debating suspension.

The pelican in the bed is awesome. All my tools and recovery gear fit in it well, and it's accessible from the bed side even with the bed rack.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TinLeg:
I've been digging through Carling Switches, niLight, digikey, mouser, etc for the past few days.

SPDT switches are common.
Switches that have one independent illumination lamp, and one dependent illumination (internally powered via the switch circuit) lamp are common.
Switches with two independent internal illumination lamps are not common.  You can configure a switch from Carling that way, but their website leads me to believe they really only sell bulk orders to distributors.

Then add in that i would prefer leads instead of tabs, as i'll put connectors on them for easy removal of the dash / console and would prefer to eliminate the extra connection.  Also configurable via Carling's configurator.  But... not common.

Finally, i would actually prefer the Carling XIV switch, for the external 'flange' that goes around the rocker.

I'm making this way too complicated.  But... darnit.  I have a vision and i kinda want to make it happen.    I'm tempted to just get a small PLC and do it that way which is so frikkin overkill it's ridiculous.
View Quote

TinLeg, this may not help as you may not like the way they look or work, but look up Captron. They make capacitive touch buttons with options for independent control of a red and green led. I think they offer other colors as well, but we used the red / green in conjunction with a PLC to control on/off and open/closed functions for one of our customers.

Automation direct sells their buttons in single lots. They aren't cheap ($70 - $80) but you won't get hammered with a minimum order quantity. We've used them at several locations and they work well.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#17]

TinLeg, this may not help as you may not like the way they look or work, but look up Captron. They make capacitive touch buttons with options for independent control of a red and green led. I think they offer other colors as well, but we used the red / green in conjunction with a PLC to control on/off and open/closed functions for one of our customers.

Automation direct sells their buttons in single lots. They aren't cheap ($70 - $80) but you won't get hammered with a minimum order quantity. We've used them at several locations and they work well.
View Quote

That sounds interesting - I’ll check it out.

Honestly if it were possible to actually write code for something like the garmin switch pod or the switch pro that would be perfect. But… they’re consumer devices and not set up for it.

Maybe it’d be possible to write an app for the garmin via their SDK, but that’s a bit beyond my current skill level.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By whatnoise:
Did a few mods recently...

Got a really good deal on some Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T's in 37x12.5x17... $295 per tire after $100 rebate.

Found some MOPAR "rock sliders" taken off a 2024 Power Wagon. These things retail for $1200... I paid $125. While not a true frame mounted rock slider, they are very solid and mount much tighter to the body than the RAM steps that I did have.

Just today I finished installing some suspension goodies to get the truck sitting level.

Thuren Fabrication Powerwagon XS coils
Thuren Fabrication adjustable track bar
Fox 2.0 shocks

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/321993/1000008339_jpg-3220437.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/321993/1000008340_jpg-3220438.JPG
View Quote

@whatnoise
Can you share where you got the tire deal if at a store?  I am not quite ready for new tires, but I'll buy now at that price.  I am on 37" MT MTZs now and have really liked them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jafrush:
Starting to add more gear. Maxtrax and Ham setup complete, and front skid on. Tires go on next week, 235/85/16 BFG KO2. Still debating suspension.

The pelican in the bed is awesome. All my tools and recovery gear fit in it well, and it's accessible from the bed side even with the bed rack.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/350579/1000004265_jpg-3226784.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/350579/1000004179_jpg-3226786.JPG
View Quote

The choice tire for an OEM+ build.

Suspension? There’s a firm out of Australia I hear good things about, Dobinsons I believe.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#20]

The choice tire for an OEM+ build.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164007/D4A4EFA7-BC1D-40FB-8144-035A2E75EDFD-3227234.jpg

Suspension? There’s a firm out of Australia I hear good things about, Dobinsons I believe.
View Quote

Dobinsons is good stuff. They're Old Man Emu quality at a cheaper price in my experience.

I have a Dobinsons snorkel on my Tacoma.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Dobinsons is good stuff. They're Old Man Emu quality at a cheaper price in my experience.

I have a Dobinsons snorkel on my Tacoma.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20240529_093424_jpg-3227250.JPG
View Quote
Yeah Dobinsons is the snorkel I went with also. Typically go Safari but I couldn't pass up the deal on the Dobinsons. I am leaning their way on the suspension...  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/30/2024 1:32:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#22]
Yeah Dobinsons is the snorkel I went with also. Typically go Safari but I couldn't pass up the deal on the Dobinsons. I am leaning their way on the suspension...  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/350579/20240524_153715_jpg-3227304.JPG
View Quote

They have an 886-equivalent spring that's supposed to be just-as-gud as the OME version.

I haven't heard about their shock durability, though. I think I saw they had a UCA for Tacomas, too.

I've got OME Dakar HDs with Nitrocharger 9000s on the back and OME 886 with Nitrocharger 9000s in the front. I'm using Icon Delta-joint UCAs, though. I think I have about 90k miles on the setup with steel armor, ARB bumper w/Warn M8000s, steel high-clearance w/ swingout, stainless steel bed bars and RTT that live on the truck 24/7. I weighed my daily driver setup with everything attached and a full tank of gas at 6100 pounds at a Love's truck stop.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 1:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinLeg] [#23]
I have the dobinson's MMR triple adjustable shocks on my FJ80.  They...  do shock things.  I can't say i notice much difference when changing the settings.  /shrug.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#24]
My previous few builds have been Radflo shocks, which I've loved. My 4Runner is on the factory TRD Pro Fox shocks with Eibach coils, and honestly that's also been one of my favorite setups so far.

I haven't had Dobinsons besides coils a few times. Giving the MMR a heavy look right now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I was being facetious

I run Dobinsons IMS on both the 5th Gen and Tacoma.

Best non-tuned / custom suspension out there for Toyota's IMO. No one else comes close to matching coil rate offerings.

Still made in AU.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I love the Dobinsons MRR Adjustable shocks on my GX470!
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I went with icon 2.5s…they ride nice…would hav had the mrr’s but they don’t offer a 4”-6” shock
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 1:56:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SnoopisTDI:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SnoopisTDI:

I was being facetious

I run Dobinsons IMS on both the 5th Gen and Tacoma.

Best non-tuned / custom suspension out there for Toyota's IMO. No one else comes close to matching coil rate offerings.

Still made in AU.

Originally Posted By TinLeg:
I have the dobinson's MMR triple adjustable shocks on my FJ80.  They...  do shock things.  I can't say i notice much difference when changing the settings.  /shrug.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 2:41:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#29]
He’s got the hookup with them anyways

https://dobinsonusa.com/products/dobinsons-1-5-to-3-0-ims-suspension-kit-for-2005-to-2022-tacoma-4x4-double-cabs-dsskitims20/

C59-352’s in the front 🤌

Link Posted: 5/30/2024 2:44:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#30]
He’s got the hookup with them anyways
View Quote

I used to talk to the Dobinson's rep in Florida all the time(I was one of the first Americans with a Dobinsons Tacoma Snorkel), but I'm not a part of the Toyota scene here anymore.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#31]

I used to talk to the Dobinson's rep in Florida all the time(I was one of the first Americans with a Dobinsons Tacoma Snorkel), but I'm not a part of the Toyota scene here anymore.
View Quote

Mike @ Exit?

My go to.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Mike @ Exit?

My go to.
View Quote

Yep. Same dude.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 2:48:27 PM EDT
[#33]

Mike @ Exit?

My go to.
View Quote

That dude is legit. Super helpful if you have questions. The only reason I have Kings instead of Dobs on my 4Runner is because Mike quoted me 12-14 week lead time and the kings were in stock.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By thezentree:

That dude is legit. Super helpful if you have questions. The only reason I have Kings instead of Dobs on my 4Runner is because Mike quoted me 12-14 week lead time and the kings were in stock.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 3:42:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Ascent-] [#35]
I also have a Dobinsons snorkel. With a Sy-klone pre filter.
Attachment Attached File

For suspension I have OME BP51, Dirt King UCA, and Warfab tie rod sleeves. OME Med Dakar leafs 2.5”(I’ll probably get a set of Deavers next).
Wheeler super bump front bump stops. Timbren U-bolt flip kit and bumps in the rear.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#36]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_1320_jpeg-3227391.JPG

For suspension I have OME BP51, Dirt King UCA, and Warfab tie rod sleeves. OME Med Dakar leafs 2.5”(I’ll probably get a set of Deavers next).
Wheeler super bump front bump stops. Timbren U-bolt flip kit and bumps in the rear.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_1321_jpeg-3227384.JPG
View Quote

I have a similar pre-filter, but it's currently off. Mine is for a CAT tractor.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I usually run the cyclone pre filter also. Just still in week one of ownership, can't order everything at once
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 4:02:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#38]
I usually run the cyclone pre filter also. Just still in week one of ownership, can't order everything at once
View Quote

I use mine when I'm out in the dusty/sandy areas as it collects more debris than the regular head.

I lost about 1/2 an mpg with it so when I'm back home I use the normal snorkel head.

There used to be a Tacoma guy in San Antonio that swapped their snorkel head for a plastic jack-o-lantern every Halloween.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_1320_jpeg-3227391.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163367/IMG_1321_jpeg-3227384.JPG

That’s awesome
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

I understand. It took me some time to build my truck out.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 4:15:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#41]

I understand. It took me some time to build my truck out.
View Quote

I've had my truck for 9 years and I put the last aftermarket item on it in 2022. It took me 4 years to build mine up after paying it off.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#42]

I use mine when I'm out in the dusty/sandy areas as it collects more debris than the regular head.

I lost about 1/2 an mpg with it so when I'm back home I use the normal snorkel head.

There used to be a Tacoma guy in San Antonio that swapped their snorkel head for a plastic jack-o-lantern every Halloween.
View Quote

Good info.

I just replaced mine with a Sy-clone model.  As I’m in the dusty desert of west Texas it’ll probably stay. It definitely looks a little goofy though.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By jb31:

@whatnoise
Can you share where you got the tire deal if at a store?  I am not quite ready for new tires, but I'll buy now at that price.  I am on 37" MT MTZs now and have really liked them.
View Quote

It was Discount Tire Direct, which evidently shut down there website within the last few weeks after their merger with Tire Rack.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Initial off pavement trip for the new old Tacoma. Everything worked, rear locker got quite the workout She's got a wicked front end pop under heavy flex, guessing sway bar or lower control arm, but those will get addressed with the new suspension install anyway. Otherwise did great. Tires should be going on this week, then narrowing down suspension. Currently leaning Dobinson IMS.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Initial off pavement trip for the new old Tacoma. Everything worked, rear locker got quite the workout She's got a wicked front end pop under heavy flex, guessing sway bar or lower control arm, but those will get addressed with the new suspension install anyway. Otherwise did great. Tires should be going on this week, then narrowing down suspension. Currently leaning Dobinson IMS.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/350579/20240602_130409-EDIT_jpg-3231041.JPG
View Quote

Mine has the same pop in the front and I think I've narrowed it down to the steering rack.

My sway bar is gone and swapping UCA and LCA didn't change it. After a weekend rock crawling, I'd need an alignment, too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#46]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/350579/20240602_130409-EDIT_jpg-3231041.JPG
View Quote

Dobos!

I'm shocked the steps survived.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 10:06:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jafrush] [#47]

Mine has the same pop in the front and I think I've narrowed it down to the steering rack.

My sway bar is gone and swapping UCA and LCA didn't change it. After a weekend rock crawling, I'd need an alignment, too.
View All Quotes

I didn't think about steering rack. Could be that too, but steering feels tight. Guess well find out next month or so when I start tearing into it. No time for the next month or so (and no trips currently planned with this truck for the moment).

Planning on hitting Utah and Colorado at the end of this month with the 4Runner.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#48]

Dobos!

View All Quotes

Dobos!

Dug them in the dirt but didnt bend. Hopefully sliders are done before the next trip.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#49]
I didn't think about steering rack. Could be that too, but steering feels tight. Guess well find out next month or so when I start tearing into it. No time for the next month or so (and no trips currently planned with this truck for the moment).

Planning on hitting Utah and Colorado at the end of this month with the 4Runner.
View Quote

It got worse when I went to 35s on my Taco, but thankfully I'm back on 285/75R16s.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#50]

It got worse when I went to 35s on my Taco, but thankfully I'm back on 285/75R16s.
View All Quotes

Going with skinny 32s. I dont usually do big tires
Page / 63
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top