Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 160
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
For as low as 60 cents a day, We can save our dogs and keep our pistol braces ????

Pretty much sums up pistol braces and ATF
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
sweet, i can remove the brace from my AR and use it without one

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Interesting development
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
According to this even the old style AR pistols with only a buffer tube is now illegal.

(4) whether the surface area that allows the weapon to be fired from the shoulder
is created by a buffer tube, receiver extension, or any other accessory, component,
or other rearward attachment that is necessary for the cycle of operations;

Interesting development
Saw that.
What is the max “area” allowed?
ETA : no more cane tips.?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
According to this even the old style AR pistols with only a buffer tube is now illegal.

(4) whether the surface area that allows the weapon to be fired from the shoulder
is created by a buffer tube, receiver extension, or any other accessory, component,
View Quote
Well in that case, there goes all the guys who said they would just take the brace off and run it old school.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:36:29 PM EDT
[#5]
So what does this mean for the millions of gun owners who bought a braced pistol from a gun store and have no knowledge of this crap?  Just living life as normal until one day “Surprise Felon” out of the blue?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have a 120 days to make my braced pistol legal, but I can't make it legal since my state made it illegal to sell parts earlier this week.

It is almost like someone planned it that way.
View Quote
Sounds like a road trip is in order to a fun shop right on the border.

The bigger challenge IIRC is that IL won't let you have an SBR without a C&R FFL.  If you want one of those within 120 days, you should send off your application within the next hour.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
NOPE! Piss off ATF! I am a law abiding citizen and this is unconstitutional so go invest a bag of commie dicks! Everything I own was LEGALLY purchased and I DO NOT RECOGNIZE YOUR RULINGS AS LAW! You are nothing more than EMPLOYEES and NOT ELECTED LAW MAKERS!
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Question
So what happens if someone has a braced pistol, submits the NFA paperwork. Do they have to wait for the form 1 before they can shoot the gun again?
They already have the pistol so..?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#9]
So what happens if you live in a state that doesn’t allow SBR’s? I don’t plan on complying just asking
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's a tax-free registration period. It's been done for individual items multiple times in the past, and has passed judicial scrutiny.
View Quote
Before Bruen and EPA.  And IIRC only to specific models, not to such a broad class.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Those dogs who are about to die, I salute you
View Quote

Fuck that shit! My dog has body armor and is faster than the average fat assed ATF employee!
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So what does this mean for the millions of gun owners who bought a braced pistol from a gun store and have no knowledge of this crap?  Just living life as normal until one day “Surprise Felon” out of the blue?
View Quote

That is how many cops and prosecutors will treat it after getting tips from other gun owners seeing them at the range
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

You say that like this wasn't done by design.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So what does this mean for the millions of gun owners who bought a braced pistol from a gun store and have no knowledge of this crap?  Just living life as normal until one day "Surprise Felon" out of the blue?
View Quote

Felon. Register, turn your shit in or enjoy jail.
Meanwhile hundreds of hood rats in Shitcago and other Democrat utopias are running around free as a bird with wish glock switches.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Saw that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting development
Saw that.

0" x 0".
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#16]
(1) whether the weapon has a weight or length consistent with the weight or length of similarly designed rifles;
(2) whether the weapon has a length of pull, measured from the center of the trigger to the center of the shoulder stock or other rearward accessory, component
or attachment (including an adjustable or telescoping attachment with the ability to lock into various positions along a buffer tube, receiver extension, or other
attachment method), that is consistent with similarly designed rifles;
(3) whether the weapon is equipped with sights or a scope with eye relief that require the weapon to be fired from the shoulder in order to be used as designed;
(4) whether the surface area that allows the weapon to be fired from the shoulder is created by a buffer tube, receiver extension, or any other accessory, component,
(5) the manufacturer’s direct and indirect marketing and promotional materials indicating the intended use of the weapon; and
(6) information demonstrating the likely use of the weapon in the general community.
View Quote

Aside from the fact that they don't have the authority to set the criteria for this "objective" test -- numbers 5 and 6 are inherently subjective standards.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Before Bruen and EPA.  And IIRC only to specific models, not to such a broad class.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a tax-free registration period. It's been done for individual items multiple times in the past, and has passed judicial scrutiny.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Bruen or WV vs EPA to have any effect whatsoever on this
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#18]
So… free form 1s for the next 4 months?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Dropped the 4999 form, but say this in the document:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
All of the objective design features and factors listed in the rule that indicate the weapon is designed, made, and intended to be fired from the shoulder are derived from the NPRM and proposed Worksheet 4999.

Derived from their own non fully published statute that they don't have the authority to create.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Wait, am I reading this correctly? It shows a few braces as still being legal, so long as they’re under a certain length, and the pistol doesn’t have a short eye relief scope on it?

So a Tailhook is legal?

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

It means one day a FUDD at the range will rat them out or they will post a pic on social media.  Then a diversity hire will send some former action guys, who have been waiting for an opportunity to rack up their first "CONUS kill", to  "confiscate the brace".
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How would they know who gets a free stamp for their brace and who's registering a normal SBR?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have to jump through all the other hoops, anyway, just pay the $200 and use a real stock

If it's registered as an SBR then you should be able to use whatever stock you want on it, correct?

The upper is what gets registered, not the stock?

How would they know who gets a free stamp for their brace and who's registering a normal SBR?

^^^ this. I guess all SBR submissions are free for the next 120 days.

The upper does not get registered. The receiver does.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:41:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol

Not exactly. Don't you have to keep the gay brace on it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

So the “just take it off the buffer tube” option is gone
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Is this an amnesty? Because there is nothing in the law that allows an amnesty over 30 days or an amnesty for just 1 item
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is this an amnesty? Because there is nothing in the law that allows an amnesty over 30 days or an amnesty for just 1 item

It's a Tarp
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#26]
What a fuck story.

So if registering under the "Free Stamp™" deal, does that mean the "Free Stamp™" only applies to the "brace", OR can you hang a regular stock on it since it's became a SBR?

And if one registers for the "Free Stamp™", I'm assuming the firearm has to be engraved with the required NFA info.

Maybe the answers are in the .pdf?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm not complying.  They said it was okay for ten years, just like bumpstocks.
View Quote

and just like with bumpstocks a criminal used one and the corrupt in DC decided to ban them. The behavior of criminals governs the freedoms of the law abiding.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fuck em. Take the brace off and put on a bumpstock instead
View Quote

I like the way you think.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not required to make the payment during the 120 days. Doesn't say about after.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Question
So what happens if someone has a braced pistol, submits the NFA paperwork. Do they have to wait for the form 1 before they can shoot the gun again?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Question

If you submit within 120 days after publication you are OK.
pg 13
Provided the registration form is properly submitted and documented within the defined time period, the Department will consider individuals to be in compliance with the statutory requirements between the date on which a person’s application is filed and the date a person receives ATF approval or disapproval of the application. After the 120- day registration period following publication of this rule, registration of previously made or manufactured weapons with a “stabilizing brace” that constitute NFA firearms will not bepermitted. TheDepartmentatthattimemaytakeenforcementactionagainstany person in possession of an affected firearm that is a short-barreled rifle for which a registration has not been submitted.
Apart from registration, there are other options that are set out in section V.B. of this preamble that include modifying affected weapons to remove them from the definition of a short-barreled rifle, destroying the firearm, or surrendering the firearm to lawenforcement. Registeringthefirearmormodifyingtheconfigurationofsucha firearm within the defined time period will enable affected persons to lawfully retain possessionoftheirfirearmunderFederallaw. Whilepossessorsofsuchweaponswill themselves be able to apply the factors outlined in the amended regulatory text, ATF is publishing information simultaneously with this rule that will inform the public of both (1) common weapon platforms with attached “stabilizing brace” designs and (2) examples of commercially available firearms equipped with a “stabilizing brace” that are short-barreled rifles.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#31]
"Many commenters generally supported the rule. "
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#32]
The only good to come of this is tax free SBR stamps, with that said, I'm keeping the pistols I've always intended on keeping as pistols, as they are. Now, a few guns that I was planning on sbr'ing over the next couple months, yeah, sure. But here goes under one month form 1 times

Wonder how long this ruling will take to run thru the courts
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Derived from their own non fully published statute that they don't have the authority to create.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All of the objective design features and factors listed in the rule that indicate the weapon is designed, made, and intended to be fired from the shoulder are derived from the NPRM and proposed Worksheet 4999.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What about buying one for a registered MG?
View Quote

If you own a MG then you should know anything goes as it supersedes all else.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
NOPE! Piss off ATF! I am a law abiding citizen and this is unconstitutional so go invest a bag of commie dicks! Everything I own was LEGALLY purchased and I DO NOT RECOGNIZE YOUR RULINGS AS LAW! You are nothing more than EMPLOYEES and NOT ELECTED LAW MAKERS!
View Quote

Fucking this!
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:43:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Using an item for something different than its main intended purpose doesn’t magically turn it into something else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We got 120 days to register. However, there is an interesting area that they created. Providing you use the brace as is and not shouldering. It is off of the website.

So, does this mean I just need to use the brace as required without registering as a NFA item.

Using an item for something different than its main intended purpose doesn’t magically turn it into something else.

Using your asshole as an entry point and claiming that you are a woman seems to work in clown world.......
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If true then the ATF not only just banned millions of braces but also all the AR pistols ever sold ever before braces.  Almost like they are trying to get this thing shot down in court.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. And that’s one thing that every one of us should bring up when contacting our reps
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Lol

Not exactly. Don't you have to keep the gay brace on it?
View Quote
They literally have no way to prove that. This is about to turn into a trash fire.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#40]
What would be funny is, besides outright overturning this, if the ATF was enjoined from enforcing it until every Form 1 in the system was cleared.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The only good to come of this is tax free SBR stamps, with that said, I'm keeping the pistols I've always intended on keeping as pistols, as they are. Now, a few guns that I was planning on sbr'ing over the next couple months, yeah, sure. But here goes under one month form 1 times

Wonder how long this ruling will take to run thru the courts
View Quote

Years.  In the mean time people will either comply out of fear, or live in fear.  Some lives will be ruined.  Then, years later, when the court says the ATF was wrong and can't do this, we will cheer.  The system works!
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah - you know. More than three which is a "few" or two which is only a "couple".
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
I saw that too. Smh. The outright lying is so damn old.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Well in that case, there goes all the guys who said they would just take the brace off and run it old school.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Convert to Rimfire with a buffer tube delete plug?

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:45:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Page 232
After publication of the Bump-Stock-Type Devices final rule in December 2018, 158 individual
owners turned in between 1 and 63 bump-stock-type devices. Overall, ATF found that
people turned in to ATF an average of 2 bump stocks. Therefore, the number of
individuals affected by this rule is likely lower than the number of “stabilizing braces” or
firearms equipped with a “stabilizing brace” currently in circulation.
View Quote

They're claiming the number of people with braces must be low because only 158 people turned in bump stocks.

lol
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Indeed.

This has been - from the start - intended to fulfill the goal of removing effective short barreled rifle caliber arms from civilian hands. Other goals exist as well but the "scary" AR/AK/semi auto pistols in rifle calibers? Those have been a target for years.
View Quote

Buh Bye AR Pistols. Commie Fucks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#49]
LOL, this thing is TOAST!!!!

When the bumpstock ban got slapped, one of the key reasons was the ATF flip-flopping on decisions.    
So now buffertubes are no good?  After DECADES of being OK?
The SB-mini is no good?  That was the ONE example they gave in form 4999 that was indeed considered a brace.

There is no real objective criteria, this is basically the version from 2020 rehashed into word salad.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2023 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
And if one registers for the "Free Stamp™", I'm assuming the firearm has to be engraved with the required NFA info.
View Quote

"For purposes of NFA registration, affected firearms that include the markings required by the GCA can be
registered with the original marking if the firearm has already been marked in accordance
with 27 CFR 478.92 and 479.102"

I think this means no additional engraving required?
Page / 160
Top Top