Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Gladiator (Page 10 of 12)
Page / 12
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:15:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: coregon] [#1]
I know this has turned into somewhat of a build thread, but had a question for some of you more in-tune with the Jeep markets.

Are these 2023 deals pretty much dried up?  I am seeing 2023 models listed higher than 2024 models in my AO...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By coregon:
I know this has turned into somewhat of a build thread, but had a question for some of you more in-tune with the Jeep markets.

Are these 2023 deals pretty much dried up?  I am seeing 2023 models listed higher than 2024 models in my AO...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/232800/Screenshot_2024-05-02_at_9_14_32

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/232800/Screenshot_2024-05-02_at_9_14_55
View Quote
The leftover '23s had the huge mark-downs for Gladiators at the end of '23. But really it was "kohl's pricing" for Jeep.

Right now the deals don't seem so great, unless it's a super-low APR. There's a '24 Willys locally that is more than what I paid for my '21 Rubicon. No thanks. Prices will remain inflated as the prime shopping season for new Jeeps has started.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

Looks good.  What size are those?
View Quote
37" class. I think they work out to 36.25" at 40psi.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:31:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
Anyone know what's the biggest tire size you can go on a stock Mojave? I'm interested, but not enough to change wheels, spacers, lifts, etc.
View Quote
35" class tire will definitely fit without any issues. You can also fit a small 37" class tire, but are likely to rub on full lock turns and loose some articulation. I think 37s" w/o a lift look a little too much like a toy car.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DeltaV42:
Came here expecting to be entertained.

Leaving disappointed.
View Quote

OP needs to clarify the title
I was not entertained
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By coregon:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/232800/Screenshot_2024-05-02_at_9_14_32

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/232800/Screenshot_2024-05-02_at_9_14_55
View Quote

Currently Jeep is offering 7% off MSRP until 6/30.

That isn’t as good as the 15% they were offering, plus dealers were taking another 2-7% off on top, in some cases more.

However sales are still pretty slow, so you can probably get quite a bit off with the right dealer.  

Not sure how much ‘23 inventory is left.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:18:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: djkest] [#7]
Originally Posted By superdoc:
I have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler that’s getting up in mileage, I am considering upgrading to a Gladiator, I remember an old tread and now you can get a new one for less than 40k. why are they so cheap? Any reasons not to? Basically city streets and flat off road so nothing 4 wheel super complex.
View Quote

Get a RAM 1500 instead. Better in every way except off-roading, which you don't need anyway.

Originally Posted By OregonShooter:
They cheap as fuck right now:

There are also lightly used lifted gladiators on a pile of used car lots now.
View Quote

Supply and demand. Why is demand so low? Hmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know what’s the biggest tire size you can go on a stock Mojave? I’m interested, but not enough to change wheels, spacers, lifts, etc.
View Quote

35s will fit per my research. I plan on doing new wheels when I upgrade too but it’s not necessary. I’ve never looked forward to OEM tires wearing out more than these.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:28:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#9]
Originally Posted By macman37:

35s will fit per my research. I plan on doing new wheels when I upgrade too but it’s not necessary. I’ve never looked forward to OEM tires wearing out more than these.
View Quote

I have read that 37s will even fit a Mojave, it will be tight though with little room for articulation.

I'm tired of staring at my wheels and am going to say fuck it and buy tires pretty shortly here.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump to save from the archives.

Think I’ve settled on this tire.  

Got a pistol to sell next week and that should just about put me there.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Bump to save from the archives.

Think I’ve settled on this tire.  

Got a pistol to sell next week and that should just about put me there.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/578900/IMG_6229_jpeg-3210638.JPG
View Quote

Godspeed my man. New tires and wheels day is a good day indeed.

I have an appointment at Line-X next Friday. After that I can begin setting up the bed for cargo/tools. We're busy as Hell and I need to get my gear organized and secured ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump.

Not mine, but I pulled the spare from a new Bronco to access the back gate.  

315/75/17,  almost exactly 34” by my tape measure.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Got my bedliner done this morning, came out great.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MainePure:
Got my bedliner done this morning, came out great.

https://i.ibb.co/VWjkR6V/20240517-150758.jpg
View Quote

Looks good.

What did you pay?

Line-X here does not return email inquiries nor phone calls.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#15]
$650 for their premium product, in and out in about an hour and a half. It dries pretty much instantly, so I didn't have to wait to haul some stuff today. Very pleased.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:12:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone know what’s the biggest tire size you can go on a stock Mojave? I’m interested, but not enough to change wheels, spacers, lifts, etc.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Stock Mojave with 35x12.5s on stock wheels
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#17]
$650 for their premium product, in and out in about an hour and a half. It dries pretty much instantly, so I didn't have to wait to haul some stuff today. Very pleased.
View Quote

I did Herculiner for maybe $125 total.

Pain in the ass, came out ok but I won’t do it myself again.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By LoudLyle:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/493363/IMG_5632_jpeg-3216974.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/493363/IMG_5632_jpeg-3216974.JPG

*hnnnngh* that’s my jam. I have the hard top tho.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#19]

I did Herculiner for maybe $125 total.

Pain in the ass, came out ok but I won’t do it myself again.
View Quote

Yeah I know you can DIY and save a bunch, but it is a project. I really like the Upol Raptor product and have had good results with it in the past. The Line-X looks very much professionally done and I knew immediately upon seeing their work that I could not have executed as well as they did. Money well spent imo.

Next up is deciding on off road lighting package and pulling trigger. I really like the KC Flex Era lighting. Always had good luck with KC. The aux switch bank is staring at me every day lol. So cool Jeep integrated that, even though I do enjoy wiring rigs up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:27:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#20]

Yeah I know you can DIY and save a bunch, but it is a project. I really like the Upol Raptor product and have had good results with it in the past. The Line-X looks very much professionally done and I knew immediately upon seeing their work that I could not have executed as well as they did. Money well spent imo.

Next up is deciding on off road lighting package and pulling trigger. I really like the KC Flex Era lighting. Always had good luck with KC. The aux switch bank is staring at me every day lol. So cool Jeep integrated that, even though I do enjoy wiring rigs up.
View Quote

Lots of lighting choices and good ones.

You can’t go wrong with KC.

I would like to get the OEM switch pack too.  You can buy it and wire it into the BCM.  I have a tazer to activate it.

(And bump to save from the archives LOL)
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#21]
In case anyone’s looking, Bulletpoint Mounting Solutions has a 15% Memorial Day sale on with this code MemorialDay24 - if you need or want a dashboard mount solution for your vehicles.

Plus free shipping over $50.

I’m upgrading my Rubigrid to the new style for more real estate.

Click
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#22]
In case anyone’s looking, Bulletpoint Mounting Solutions has a 15% Memorial Day sale on with this code MemorialDay24 - if you need or want a dashboard mount solution for your vehicles.

Click
View Quote

New style?

Guess I’ll have to look at their site.

I have the single mount with the small plate that goes on the left side only.  Kinda wish I’d bought the large one.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#23]

New style?

I have the single mount with the small plate that goes on the left side only.  Kinda wish I’d bought the large one.
View All Quotes

Click

New style?

Yeah there are several styles. The one I bought screws into the factory holes and is one piece but a narrower section for the balls to mount to.

The new one is two-piece and the balls can mount full width. I have two phone mounts plus a dash cam and it’s a little crowded.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Paid for tires, appointment for Thursday.

Pretty excited!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Paid for tires, appointment for Thursday.

Pretty excited!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/578900/IMG_6760_jpeg-3225787.JPG
View Quote

Nice! That didn't take long. Post pics when you get a chance.

My Jeep mod attention span has been temporarily hijacked by tractor shopping. Narrowed it down to Kubota or Kioti.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#26]

Nice! That didn't take long. Post pics when you get a chance.

My Jeep mod attention span has been temporarily hijacked by tractor shopping. Narrowed it down to Kubota or Kioti.
View Quote

I definitely will.

Gonna be halting mods for a while after this.  Mainly due to needing to save funds.

Next on the list is a front bumper and winch.  Then a rear bumper.

Those items are fairly pricey and I don’t have anymore guns that I’m willing to sell
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#27]
My ownership experience so far. Bought a 2023 Gladiator Rubicon last November during the fire sale, 12K off MSRP. Almost immediately had issues with the Service ABS/Parking Brake/Sway Bar/Auto Start Stop lights coming on and all the gauges not working. Was intermit and the dealer could not replicate. Fast forward to January and it's now a near constant problem and if you turn the Jeep off it won't restart unless you disconnect the negative cable, which I found out removes the "active codes", so once again, could not duplicate since it wouldn't do it when the dealer had it for days at a time. Now into late April and it's undrivable, keeps leaving me stranded, dealer is like we can't duplicate, no idea what to do. So i pick it up and leaving the dealership it does it again, I turn around, grab the service rep and say, can you duplicate now? Pulls 29 active codes and says they will fix it, keep it 10 days, repalce the ABC Module and say it's good to go. Pick it up and on the drive home it does it again, turn around and same thing, they pull 29 codes. This time they have it another week, replace the system bus connectors and what I believe was the problem all along a ABS sensor on one of the wheels that was installed wrong, the wire was stretched and the connector pulled a part. So 32 days at the dealer ship over 5 months, having to argue and open cases with Jeep Cares to get a rental car, that I paid for up front and I'm still waiting to be reimbursed for and icing on the cake someone drained the tank while they had it and they reluctantly had it topped off.

This thing has been a disaster, I've wasted so much time dealing with Jeep Cares and the Dealership. I do like it, but damn it's been nothing but a pain in my ass. I'm at the point if it does it again I'll lemon law it and move on.

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JeepinMark:
My ownership experience so far. Bought a 2023 Gladiator Rubicon last November during the fire sale, 12K off MSRP. Almost immediately had issues with the Service ABS/Parking Brake/Sway Bar/Auto Start Stop lights coming on and all the gauges not working. Was intermit and the dealer could not replicate. Fast forward to January and it's now a near constant problem and if you turn the Jeep off it won't restart unless you disconnect the negative cable, which I found out removes the "active codes", so once again, could not duplicate since it wouldn't do it when the dealer had it for days at a time. Now into late April and it's undrivable, keeps leaving me stranded, dealer is like we can't duplicate, no idea what to do. So i pick it up and leaving the dealership it does it again, I turn around, grab the service rep and say, can you duplicate now? Pulls 29 active codes and says they will fix it, keep it 10 days, repalce the ABC Module and say it's good to go. Pick it up and on the drive home it does it again, turn around and same thing, they pull 29 codes. This time they have it another week, replace the system bus connectors and what I believe was the problem all along a ABS sensor on one of the wheels that was installed wrong, the wire was stretched and the connector pulled a part. So 32 days at the dealer ship over 5 months, having to argue and open cases with Jeep Cares to get a rental car, that I paid for up front and I'm still waiting to be reimbursed for and icing on the cake someone drained the tank while they had it and they reluctantly had it topped off.

This thing has been a disaster, I've wasted so much time dealing with Jeep Cares and the Dealership. I do like it, but damn it's been nothing but a pain in my ass. I'm at the point if it does it again I'll lemon law it and move on.

View Quote

That sucks, sorry you had bad luck. Hopefully that cured the problem and you can enjoy it now. How does a wheel get installed wrong?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#29]

That sucks, sorry you had bad luck. Hopefully that cured the problem and you can enjoy it now. How does a wheel get installed wrong?
View Quote

He means the ABS sensor was installed wrong.

Shitty luck.  Hopefully it’s fixed, I’d definitely be taking the lemon law route.

Seems like not a lot of these have issues but when the do, they are big issues.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By JeepinMark:

View Quote

Straight up lemon law that bitch and get another. Life’s too short to deal with that, even from something that (when it is built right and works) should be so awesome.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Much better.

Wish the fronts didn’t poke quite so much, but it’s whatever.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Dude.

DUDE!

Looks freaking awesome.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Looks great! How does it ride? I found mine rode a lot more comfortably with the bigger tires, absorbed bumps etc much better.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Dude.

DUDE!

Looks freaking awesome.
View Quote

Wife absolutely hates the wheels which means I did good.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Looks great! How does it ride? I found mine rode a lot more comfortably with the bigger tires, absorbed bumps etc much better.
View Quote

The OEM ride was pretty soft.  Hard to tell.  I think this is maybe slightly softer.

It’s definitely a little more “squishy” in the handling department.  Which I expected.

Tires make a little noise under acceleration but are fairly quiet at a constant speed.

Overall I think they will do the job.  

Next up is a front bumper and winch.  Will probably take a little while for me to save the money for those.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 10:53:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#36]
First "long" trip today.  145 miles to a match and back.

21.6 mpg.  

I took a trip up north last weekend with similar mileage, saw 25.1...

So, 3-4 MPG hit from the tires.  Not totally surprised.  I would not want to run anything bigger than these(34" or close to it) without regearing.  

The truck does get into 8th gear at regular highway and interstate speeds.  

Still, better mileage than my F150 3.5 got.

I'm really glad I did PPF on the fenders.  The rears get hit with everything.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Here it is with the hard top
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 11:27:21 PM EDT
[#38]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/493363/IMG_6015_jpeg-3230845.JPG
View Quote

Are those a little bigger than the OEM Mojave tires?
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#39]

Are those a little bigger than the OEM Mojave tires?
View Quote

Yessir 35 x 12.5
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 7:31:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#40]

Yessir 35 x 12.5
View Quote

Level or lift?  Sorry if you already said it and I missed it earlier.

ETA. I feel like an idiot - you literally said the size earlier on this page….
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Level or lift?  Sorry if you already said it and I missed it earlier.
View Quote

No it is all original suspension. Nothing added or changed.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 7:46:28 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

😍

Awesome. I will do 35s when the tires need replacing, and one day when I’m burdened with extra cash I will replace the bumpers and add a winch.

Every once in a while I reach down and just push the aux buttons one at a time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 8:00:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul] [#43]
Originally Posted By CSeaBass:
someone sent me a link while talking about a gladiator in another thread, a dealership in MO.   i contacted them and they offered me 15k under MSRP on a rubicon. i was gonna bit but i didn't want to pay the additional CA taxes.  

here in CA, they are still near MSRP, or they have a shit load of useless mall crawler garbage on them to jack the prices up.   the pricing is dropping though.  

i would jump on one, but i don't want a 900 dollar a month payment.
View Quote
What "additional" CA taxes are you talking about? I might be guilty of tax evasion because with all the cars I bought in California I paid for the sale tax and nothing more. There's not annual property taxes on vehicles in California and hell they stop inspecting them until they were five years old and no longer sniff exhaust fumes even.

Why would any functional human pay anything close to MSRP?

For $100 you can buy or lease (just about*) any eligible new Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, FIAT and Alfa Romeo Brand vehicles for 1% less than dealer invoice.

Tread Lightly $100 Membership

*The limited edition hellcat/wildcat Jeeps and such are exempt.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Here's an updated pic of my Gladiator after adding a MOPAR 2" lift and some other things.

After picking up a used bed rack on Craigs List, I plan to add a 45"x45" basket and spare tire mount on its top. The basket will allow me to mount my spare tire, hi-lift and pioneer gear up and out of the bed. Rotopax containers will mount on the sides of the bed rack. This is a similar, but much improved version of a set up I had on my Tacoma.

My rear facing dash cam was realigned/attached to the rear window, and is mounted just below the bed rack cross bar.

The lift came with three ducks, which I gave to the next door neighbor's kids.

Link Posted: 6/4/2024 9:50:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Why did you move the camera?
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Why did you move the camera?
View Quote

The upper horizontal platform bar on the bed rack was blocking the camera positioned on the rear window. I relocated it about 2" lower and it provides enough coverage if there's no obstruction in the bed. I guess I should adjust the DTG on my camera, since I just took this picture a few minutes ago.

Link Posted: 6/4/2024 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By omar:

The upper horizontal platform bar on the bed rack was blocking the camera positioned on the rear window. I relocated it about 2" lower and it provides enough coverage if there's no obstruction in the bed. I guess I should adjust the DTG on my camera, since I just took this picture a few minutes ago.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/621/E30DDF0A-382F-45C5-8EAB-1D454F7AD8C8_1_2-3231970.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/621/6F5A27A6-AD5F-4742-9D4C-AFC17638BB54_1_2-3231971.jpg
View Quote

Thanks.  I’m a dope, I completely missed “rear facing dash cam” and thought you were talking about the backup camera in the tailgate

My mistake.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 12:36:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Carpangler] [#48]
Ahh Jeep.

14$ interiors but MuH FloOr DraInS

gladiator makes ridgeline guys look straight

True offroad jeeps are cool like wranglers and older XJ/willeys

imagine paying 80k$ + for a "truck" that does 0-60 in 8 seconds, can only tow 4,000 pounds only gets 17 MPG but only has 250 LB ft of torque.

Hard Pass Chief

EDIT TO ADD: RUBBER DUCKS
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Carpangler:
Ahh Jeep.

imagine paying 80k$ + for a "truck" that does 0-60 in 8 seconds, can only tow 4,000 pounds only gets 17 MPG but only has 250 LB ft of torque.

Hard Pass Chief

View Quote

Holy shit you need to put a warning out before posting something so edgy.  Almost cut myself.

Link Posted: 6/4/2024 1:37:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#50]
Originally Posted By Carpangler:
Ahh Jeep.

Hard Pass Chief

View Quote

Weird, mine was $45K…

Also can tow up to 7,500 pounds as equipped.

Memorial Day weekend I got 26MPG on a 160 mile round trip and this last weekend I got 21.5 after putting the big tires on.

Your other numbers are also wrong.

JL/JT interior isn’t exactly luxury but it’s top of the line compared to the JK.

If you’re going to bash, at least get the facts right
Page / 12
Gladiator (Page 10 of 12)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top