Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Gladiator (Page 3 of 12)
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I like mine other than the gas mileage, about 18 on the highway on a stock ‘21 Willys

To me it checked all the boxes of what I wanted. 4 door and seats 5, 4WD, convertible and the truck bed made it much more practical than a Wrangler.

It has been reliable and no issues other than I need to take it in for the axle seal recall
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 8:20:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DeltaV42:
Came here expecting to be entertained.

Leaving disappointed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JAD762:
Mind letting me know what dealer offered that?

I’m in MO & a gladiator is on my wife’s want list.
View Quote

Lou Fusz in O'fallon
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
Scored a deal on Gladiator wheels for my Commander. Even came with decent Bridgestone tires, plus the unused spare. $100.
Had to use spacers to mount them and change the TPS sensors but that was fairly cheap.

Now I'm a Commander Gladiator, how fukken cool is that ?
View Quote

Only cool if it's the hemi v8
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#5]
My Gladiator is about to tick over to 50,000.

Since you’re coming from a wrangler, you already know about the noise, gas mileage, broken windshields lol.

I changed out the batteries about a month ago right when it was starting to get cold. Aside from that, it’s just been regular maintenance.

I swapped the shocks out which had blown badly on all four corners at around 20k (original fox rubicon) and I’m 99% sure that was caused by living in Houston for a month.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Rob940:. 1st thing out of his mouth was "Oh a death wobble". I knew they had a potential little steering issue but though it would be just a little wiggle, not that crazy shit I went through.
View Quote

Nope... that sounds about right. You get used to it with solid axle vehicles.

I'd be concerned what else hadn't been tightened correctly on that new a vehicle.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By luscioman:
I rented one last month from Enterprise and put on 500 highway miles. It has no power at all even though it's a v6. It got 16 to 18 all highway mpg doing 70 in flat terrain.  Indont think it is good at anything. I didn't off road. The truck bed is probably smaller than an El Camino.
View Quote

You're driving a brick and you're concerned about gas mileage?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:32:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By luscioman:
I rented one last month from Enterprise and put on 500 highway miles. It has no power at all even though it's a v6. It got 16 to 18 all highway mpg doing 70 in flat terrain.  Indont think it is good at anything. I didn't off road. The truck bed is probably smaller than an El Camino.
View Quote

They weigh ~6000lbs with a driver, full tank of gas and the usual junk in a vehicle.

You don’t think it is good at anything? Fucking LOL.

You drove a vehicle shaped like a brick, designed to be good at off roading (which it is VERY good at) on the highway and got the advertised gas mileage? WHAT A PIECE OF SHIT!!
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Off to look at local Gladiator inventory.

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DeltaV42:
Came here expecting to be entertained.
Leaving disappointed.
View Quote

Well, …. “a people should know when they’ve been conquered.”
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By OregonShooter:

Clearance lights are required by law. They are not required to be in the grill. The traditional place to put them was on top of the cab at the leading edge. Ford has not gone as far as to make the 3rd brake light emulate them as well.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Liberty_Tree:
Originally Posted By Liberty_Tree:
I have a 21 Mojave and it’s been a great truck. Does everything I need it to do……truck bed for home projects, great 4x4 system, can take doors/top off, reliable engine with decent power.  

That being said, I need more room for my two kids and just placed an order for a 2024 Raptor at MSRP.

Judging by the number of Jeeps that I see driving around the PNW with "raptor lights" in the grill there is a lot of envy.

https://turn5.scene7.com/is/image/Turn5/J169668?obj=car&wid=640&hei=480&sharpen=1

That looks retarded. I actually don’t like it in the Raptor but it’s required by law due to their width.

Clearance lights are required by law. They are not required to be in the grill. The traditional place to put them was on top of the cab at the leading edge. Ford has not gone as far as to make the 3rd brake light emulate them as well.

As I said, required. Ford made the right decision incorporating in the grill versus around the cab. It’s a better look IMO.

What’s rich is you have a Ford Lightning avatar, they’re arguably the ugliest grill on the market. Also, how about their sales numbers? lol

https://www.theverge.com/2023/12/11/23997632/ford-f150-lightning-production-reduce-ev-demand

https://www.motortrend.com/news/ford-f-150-lightning-ev-pickup-truck-production-reduction-report/

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a46107373/ford-f-150-lightning-production-reduced-report/

https://www.barrons.com/amp/articles/ford-f150-lightning-production-f1f7fd91

https://insideevs.com/news/670422/ford-f150-lightning-owner-explains-sold-6-months/
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DCPhoenix:

Since you’re coming from a wrangler, you already know about the noise, gas mileage, broken windshields lol.

I changed out the batteries about a month ago right when it was starting to get cold. Aside from that, it’s just been regular maintenance.

I swapped the shocks out which had blown badly on all four corners at around 20k (original fox rubicon) and I’m 99% sure that was caused by living in Houston for a month.
View Quote

Yow, shocks at 20k?! I live off a dirt road that vacillates wildly between “tolerable” and “hey I just discovered a monolith here on the surface-of-the-moon” all year long.

Anyhoo, what should I look out for, leaking fluid?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#13]
The deep discount allowed room for extending bumper to bumper warranty for the life of the loan for extra $25mo. I think finance said my Jeep Wave and AAA memberships reduced the cost of extended warranty by nearly 50%. Something to consider if you're looking at buying one.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Good points made. When I test drove a wrangler I was appalled at how cramped the interior actually was.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MainePure:
The deep discount allowed room for extending bumper to bumper warranty for the life of the loan for extra $25mo. I think finance said my Jeep Wave and AAA memberships reduced the cost of extended warranty by nearly 50%. Something to consider if you're looking at buying one.
View Quote

FYI only do the Mopar warranty. The guy from Hayes Jeep in K’zoo MI where I got mine from is legendary on the Jeep forums for being a super good guy with good pricing. You don’t have to have purchased the vehicle at Hayes to get the warranty from him. Tom Winkel at Hayes is your guy.

There is so much new tech on every new vehicle (from all makers, this isn’t just a Jeep thing) that I think an extended warranty is warranted. I’ve had one pay for itself in one go, and the nice thing is the Mopar warranties are prorated - if you sell the vehicle, you get a % of the warranty back. I also took advantage of that once.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By intheburbs:
Market saturation and the redesign.  Stellantis overproduced.

Test drive one before you buy.  

Personally, I think the Gladiator tries (unsuccessfully) to be two vehicles in one.  It's a Wrangler body on a half-ton Ram pickup frame.  So all the comfort/convenience shortcomings of a Wrangler - narrow body, cramped interior, weird ergos, small engine, less payload/towing - with all the offroad shortcomings of a pickup - longer wheelbase, longer rear overhang, wider track.

I have my Wranglers to play in the snow or mud, and I have my V-8-powered half-ton Sierra Denali (or 3/4-ton Suburban) to haul or tow stuff with ease and comfort.
View Quote

That's the opposite of my view. It hauls all my camping gear and dead animals better than a Wrangler and it runs trails way better than any other truck out there.  It's the perfect outdoor vehicle for remote camping, fishing, and hunting.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:
Good points made. When I test drove a wrangler I was appalled at how cramped the interior actually was.
View Quote

Have you never sat in a jeep before?
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:35:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dagger41] [#18]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

Only cool if it's the hemi v8
View Quote

It is.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By macman37:

FYI only do the Mopar warranty. The guy from Hayes Jeep in K’zoo MI where I got mine from is legendary on the Jeep forums for being a super good guy with good pricing. You don’t have to have purchased the vehicle at Hayes to get the warranty from him. Tom Winkel at Hayes is your guy.

There is so much new tech on every new vehicle (from all makers, this isn’t just a Jeep thing) that I think an extended warranty is warranted. I’ve had one pay for itself in one go, and the nice thing is the Mopar warranties are prorated - if you sell the vehicle, you get a % of the warranty back. I also took advantage of that once.
View Quote

Yes it was a Mopar extended warranty. I think powertrain is already 5yr 100k, but it will likely be electronics that screw you.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#20]
I just priced out a 2023 Mojave just like mine I ordered in 21 (around 54.6k MSRP, but paid 3% under invoice). Holy shit MSRP is almost 7k higher compared to my 21. I can see why they’re not selling and now offering 15% off MSRP.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#21]
More competition in the segment, more beefed up off-road trims that erode Jeep's niche. I can see a lot of Glad sales being lost to the new Tacoma coming out as well. Jeep has been largely unchallenged in this segment.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Bloviator:

3.6 Pentastars eat rockers and camshafts...they've only been making the engine forever, but can't seem to figure out metallurgy that will allow the engine to not eat itself?  The only positive is you can fix the oil filter housing that's about to start leaking if it hasn't already while you're in there replacing rockers/lifters/camshafts....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bloviator:
Originally Posted By Agilt:
Originally Posted By CJ7365:
Is Jeep still using the 3.6 pentastar minivan engine? What a POS it is?

The 3.6 has generally been a good engine.

The 3.8 was not very well liked

3.6 Pentastars eat rockers and camshafts...they've only been making the engine forever, but can't seem to figure out metallurgy that will allow the engine to not eat itself?  The only positive is you can fix the oil filter housing that's about to start leaking if it hasn't already while you're in there replacing rockers/lifters/camshafts....

One of my golf buddies is a mechanic

He calls them "Painal-stars"
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Yes it was a Mopar extended warranty. I think powertrain is already 5yr 100k, but it will likely be electronics that screw you.
View All Quotes

Cool - Cheers Just sharing a good experience too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I feel like I already know what the answer will be, but how are the Eco Diesels in the Gladiator?  I’ve heard good and bad about that engine in the Ram pickups to the point I really have no idea what is truth and what is fiction.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Square66:
I feel like I already know what the answer will be, but how are the Eco Diesels in the Gladiator?  I’ve heard good and bad about that engine in the Ram pickups to the point I really have no idea what is truth and what is fiction.
View Quote

I’d buy the 3.6 before I’d buy one with the diesel.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 11:51:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I wanted the diesel Gladiator but ended up getting a nice used the Zr2 diesel but still like the style of the Gladiator. Brother brought one and loves it. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:50:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DanW] [#27]
I just picked up a 2021 Gladiator.  They are down because of competition and the economy.  They were overpriced.

I should've waited a bit.  I paid $39k for a 2021 Rubicon with 35k on it.  Perfect one, but I might have paid $35k if I'd waited 6 or 8 weeks.  

They are great trucks.  I have a 2018 JL 4 door Rubicon running a lift and 35's and it's a beast. The Gladiator is every bit the beast and there is very little off-road capability difference.  The Wrangler is more maneuverable in tight situations but the Gladiator is a superior hill climber and can haul a bunch of camping gear.

I bought the Gladiator to haul the gear and to be able to tow a decent camper one day.  It is rated for 6k.

My brother had a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon with a Mopar lift and 35's and it was a beast off-road.  Great truck. Never an issue with it.  They are very reliable with the 3.6.  I'd stay away from the diesel.  They have fuel pump problems and I'm not into $150 oil changes.  The 3.6 is easy maintenance, reliable as anything, has decent power, and lasts forever.  The automatic is very good, too.  And it will turn 35's with the auto and 4.10 gears with no issue.  I had to re-gear my manual JL to make 6th gear usable.  No need with the Gladiator.

I haven't lifted my Gladiator yet, but that's coming soon.  I just sold my JK, so I've got the money now to start shopping for the right lift.  I'm leaning toward the AEV Dualsport 2.5.  The Mopar has a softer ride, but the AEV will handle a load slightly better and handling will be a little tighter.

Good time to buy a Gladiator.  Discounts abound.  Wrangler prices are still high and the Gladiator is the same thing with a bed and better towing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:57:28 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

I'm in 2 Jeep clubs with over 200 Jeeps, most of them Pentastars.  It has an excellent rep among the Jeepers with a number of them past 300k miles with no problems.  

There are 14 million Pentastars on the road.  Some with over 500k on them.  I'd hadrly call that a POS.  

My 2018 JLUR has 90k on it with zero issues. Not so much as a hiccup.  Just change oil (takes 10 min) and roll.  I'll be changing spark plugs this summer.  But they're performing just fine.  

It's also the lowest warranty cost V6 in the industry.  That's why Stellantis still puts them in nearly everything they sell.  Hard to kill an engine that makes you money like that and makes customers happy.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By DanW:

I'm in 2 Jeep clubs with over 200 Jeeps, most of them Pentastars.  It has an excellent rep among the Jeepers with a number of them past 300k miles with no problems.  

There are 14 million Pentastars on the road.  Some with over 500k on them.  I'd hadrly call that a POS.  

My 2018 JLUR has 90k on it with zero issues. Not so much as a hiccup.  Just change oil (takes 10 min) and roll.  I'll be changing spark plugs this summer.  But they're performing just fine.  

It's also the lowest warranty cost V6 in the industry.  That's why Stellantis still puts them in nearly everything they sell.  Hard to kill an engine that makes you money like that and makes customers happy.
View All Quotes

That's what my research showed me too. By the time I got mine ('21) the kinks were worked out. I even have the Baby Pentastar in my wife's Cherokee Trailhawk and it's been excellent so far. And fun as heck to go to an empty parking lot after a fresh few inches of snow, drop it in sport mode and do some donuts!
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#31]

The 3.6 has generally been a good engine.

The 3.8 was not very well liked
View Quote

It was boring, but reliable.  The 2008 JKUR I just sold had 195,000 miles on it with only a water pump and basic maintenance.  Ran like new.  Had decent torque but ran out of breath at higher rpm.  Mine was a 4 door, 6 speed with 4.10 axles turning 35" tires.

A buddy of mine has about 220k on his 3.8 JKU with no issues.  

I'd rather have bullet proof reliability (both 3.8 and 3.6) than stellar performance that loses some of that.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Yow, shocks at 20k?! I live off a dirt road that vacillates wildly between “tolerable” and “hey I just discovered a monolith here on the surface-of-the-moon” all year long.

View All Quotes

Basically, yeah. You’ll notice oil leaking and a wet look bushing where they bolt on.

We did a bunch of very rocky wheeling, dirt roads etc in Arizona and it was great stock.

Then we moved to Houston for a month before the new house was ready. I swear that’s what did them in. Some of the roads there were appalling!

Replaced with some others (fox 2.0) and haven’t had an issue since
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#33]
We have a 2021 Gladiator (21k on the clock).

On one hand, its build quality is shit.  Two failed coil packs, aux battery that “ducks” you in the most inconvenient time possible, interior plastics that Helen Keller would take exception to, etc…

On the other hand, it’s one of the most enjoyable/fun vehicles we’ve owned (our first Jeep).  It’s an AEV build, so most of what we would have added was already done.  We’ve since upgraded most of the suspension and armored the hell out of it, onboard air, etc…. Bed is small, but useful.

Would we buy it again, absolutely.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#34]
I picked my Willy’s up in October at 20% below sticker. No idea what the market is now

We really like it. It’s a third vehicle for us; beach, hunting camp, etc.  I would not want to DD it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#35]

Basically, yeah. You’ll notice oil leaking and a wet look bushing where they bolt on.

We did a bunch of very rocky wheeling, dirt roads etc in Arizona and it was great stock.

Then we moved to Houston for a month before the new house was ready. I swear that’s what did them in. Some of the roads there were appalling!

View All Quotes

Thanks for the info - I always keep an eye out (mainly for leaking oil) but now know what to look for.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By shagrat:
We have a 2021 Gladiator (21k on the clock).

On one hand, its build quality is shit.  Two failed coil packs, aux battery that “ducks” you in the most inconvenient time possible, interior plastics that Helen Keller would take exception to, etc…

On the other hand, it’s one of the most enjoyable/fun vehicles we’ve owned (our first Jeep).  It’s an AEV build, so most of what we would have added was already done.  We’ve since upgraded most of the suspension and armored the hell out of it, onboard air, etc…. Bed is small, but useful.

Would we buy it again, absolutely.
View Quote

AEV build you say? PICS NOT LOADING MY FRIEND.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#37]

That's what my research showed me too. By the time I got mine ('21) the kinks were worked out. I even have the Baby Pentastar in my wife's Cherokee Trailhawk and it's been excellent so far. And fun as heck to go to an empty parking lot after a fresh few inches of snow, drop it in sport mode and do some donuts!
View All Quotes

Peeps like to dig at Wranglers, and Jeep in general. The fan bois make it kinda low effort tho - but srsly Jeeps do a lot better than many believe. There's really not a better off the lot hard use wheeler available than a correctly spec'd Rubicon, nor is the core reliability a problem. Actually damn good long term (longer than 3 year JDP VDS, much broader defect measures, where it normally is avg) high mileage performance  in the one objective survey readily available publicly.  I say this as a Jeep detractor and it gives me no pleasure  

https://www.dashboard-light.com/vehicles/Jeep_Wrangler.html

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ConanTheCimmerian:

Same.

To OP, most people I know who bought a Jeep made within the last 10 years either will never buy a Jeep again, or say that they love their Jeep (that they’re always having to fix).
View Quote

Absolutely the opposite of my experience.  And the data contradicts that.  The Wrangler has among the highest repeat customer rates in the industry.  And the resale value has been at the top in the US for 30 years.  

I've had 4 Jeeps.  No major issues with any of them.  93 YJ, 08 JK, 18 JL, and now a 21 JT.  All good. All reliable.  All but the JT has been off-road many, many times.  The JL has been to Moab 3x.  They are the most reliable and durable vehicles I've owned.  I'll be keeping the JL and JT for a long time.  

Btw,

My nephew rolled his Dad's YJ onto its side in White River.  It was under water for 3 hours while he tried to come up with a story to tell his Dad.  Lol.  After getting the water out of everything and many fluid changes, that Jeep rolled on for another 250k.  When it finally was retired, it had over 350k on the little 2.5 4 banger.  I don't know of any vehicle that took the kind of abuse that little YJ did and yet still thrived.  Not even close.  My YJ was pretty tough, too, but I never tried to submerge it.

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

My best friend has a 2012 JK with the Pentastar and that was the worst year.  They had a bunch with bad heads.  He's got 150k on his and does NOT take good care of it.  He's had no issues and is still on the original spark plugs. (OUCH).

But the one in your 2021 is indeed improved, in many ways.  So you should expect a wonderful long life from it.  

I personally love the engine.  It is a hoot with the manual in my JL.  I run the hell out of it.  

I've talked a few times with an engineer who was on the design team of the original.  He said running them hard is good because it splashes fresh oil into the valve stems.  Driving like a granny for an extended time can dry them out.  He's got one in a Chrysler 300 with 200k on it.  No issues for him, either.  I think his is a 2013 or so.  He doesn't work for Chrysler/Stellantis anymore, but his friends do.  He said they told him they made a great engine greater with refinements.  The guys who designed them all drive them and love them.  He said most of them have them in.....Jeeps!
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I don't think it's so much cramped as that it doesn't have a cab forwarding design that has been standard on most cars since the 90's. The screen doesn't slope much and the dash is just vertical.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#41]

I don't think it's so much cramped as that it doesn't have a cab forwarding design that has been standard on most cars since the 90's. The screen doesn't slope much and the dash is just vertical.
View All Quotes

It is a Jeep.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#42]

AEV build you say? PICS NOT LOADING MY FRIEND.
View Quote

I know right? Dealership near me had one last summer and it was an sick beast. 78 grand and it sold quickly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#43]
I buy Jeeps because I know of no other vehicle manufacturer that engineers their rigs to be a mere starting point for the buyer to the degree Jeep does. They make it easy to modify by yourself in your garage or driveway. I swapped suspension on mine in about 3hrs with a floor jack and a couple jack stands. Entire axel drops with just 4 bolts out. Then there are the grommets and grounding posts hidden under the carpet that make wiring easy, and the aux switches prewired to the engine compartment near the battery so you dont need to get into the dash to wire in powered accessories. They make it easy to do quality modifications yourself and not hack your rig up. I dont think non-Jeep people get this about them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:

Nobody gives a shit what you think.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124978/jeepsneffles_jpg-3109902.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
Originally Posted By KoolOperator:
The second worse looking vehicle I saw this year was the Jeep Gladiator.

The worst was a Jeep Gladiator with a truck cap.

Nobody gives a shit what you think.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/124978/jeepsneffles_jpg-3109902.JPG

@buckshot_jim

Can you give me some info on the trailer that is in the photo you posted?

Thanks....
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 3:04:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Bronc] [#45]

Don't forget this required accessory:

https://dropzoneoffroad.com/cdn/shop/products/dootieonjeeporange_1024x1024.jpg?v=1647541495

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saablook:
I’ve got a 2020 Sport with 70k, bought new. Reliable, slow, but eats windshields…and it has a cap on the back for the dogs. Best part is you can take the doors off, and put your foot on the running boards…not the same, but if you ride, you get it.

Don't forget this required accessory:

https://dropzoneoffroad.com/cdn/shop/products/dootieonjeeporange_1024x1024.jpg?v=1647541495

I am sorry and I dont judge people but this accessory is about as gay as you can get.  I see these stupid fuckers around here and on the Gulf Coast riding around with their feet hanging out and I say "what the fuck" when I see them.  Please stop this

We had a 2 door 2019 JL to pull behind the motor home and it was great, my wife loved it.  For getting around town and parking in tight spots, it was fantastic.   We sold it in 2022 and I do miss it.  The only vehicle that had a better turning radius than my 1977 Bronco

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 3:28:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: omar] [#46]
This was our first Gladiator, which I traded for a Tundra as I retired and needed more cargo capacity for my move to a new home. Each week I would move a load of house hold items with the truck and 5x10 trailer.  That was about 20+ trips.

Once we were situated at the new house, I was really missing the Gladiator. The Tundra was too big to run the trails I wanted to access, so I traded it for a JT Sport, and I'm building it up. I have a Mopar lift to install when it gets a little warmer. We generally use the 4Runner for longer trips, but we took the Rubi to East TX from El Paso when we first got it with no comfort problems.

I've owned a mix of JKs, and JTs, since 2010 with zero major issues. Just two broken windshields.

The old

The new

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Found a new factory Rubicon JT take off suspension on CL for $150. With the help of an arfcommer and another buddy it was installed this morning. I’ve done lifted Jeeps in the past and wanted to keep this one stock-ish.

Sport on 33s with Rubicon wheels.

Before
Attachment Attached File

After
Attachment Attached File

So far I’m very happy.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#48]

My best friend has a 2012 JK with the Pentastar and that was the worst year.  They had a bunch with bad heads.  He's got 150k on his and does NOT take good care of it.  He's had no issues and is still on the original spark plugs. (OUCH).

But the one in your 2021 is indeed improved, in many ways.  So you should expect a wonderful long life from it.  

I personally love the engine.  It is a hoot with the manual in my JL.  I run the hell out of it.  

I've talked a few times with an engineer who was on the design team of the original.  He said running them hard is good because it splashes fresh oil into the valve stems.  Driving like a granny for an extended time can dry them out.  He's got one in a Chrysler 300 with 200k on it.  No issues for him, either.  I think his is a 2013 or so.  He doesn't work for Chrysler/Stellantis anymore, but his friends do.  He said they told him they made a great engine greater with refinements.  The guys who designed them all drive them and love them.  He said most of them have them in.....Jeeps!
View All Quotes

So what I gleaned from this is: Get your foot in the go pedal.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:

@buckshot_jim

Can you give me some info on the trailer that is in the photo you posted?

Thanks....
View Quote

It belongs to a friend of mine. He built it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SeanTX:
Found a new factory Rubicon JT take off suspension on CL for $150. With the help of an arfcommer and another buddy it was installed this morning. I’ve done lifted Jeeps in the past and wanted to keep this one stock-ish.

Sport on 33s with Rubicon wheels.

Before
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/227/IMG_4454_jpeg-3110612.JPG

After
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/227/IMG_4455_jpeg-3110613.JPG

So far I’m very happy.
View Quote

Did you get and install the Rubicon track bars to center the axle correctly?
Page / 12
Gladiator (Page 3 of 12)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top