User Panel

Site Notices
Gladiator (Page 4 of 12)
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Banditman:

Did you get and install the Rubicon track bars to center the axle correctly?
View Quote

Same part numbers for the track bar between Rubicon and others. Same with sway bar end links. Mojave may be different but I’m not sure.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive had great luck with mine.  Fluids and pads/rotors at 75K with no issues at all.  3 windshields, so yeah its a Jeep thing. I daily it and just hit 95k this week so probably be ready for spark plugs at 100K which isnt the greatest job, but oh well. Kids like the duck thing and enjoy giving them out so whatever, I like my kids happy so I can deal with it.  

Ive had LX470's, LC200, Tundras, Tacomas, Nissans and they all highs and lows.  Drive a few different brands and buy which you like, enjoy the community and have fun!

I avg around 20-21MPG in mine on 34's.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#3]
People that own them really like them. My neighbor got a Rubicon and he loves it; to me they're closer to the old Land Rovers I grew up with at home; rugged, can carry enough and will happily be daily'd. I can see the appeal over a dedicated midsize. You're not giving away that much.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Not seeing much in the way of deeply discounted new 2023's Gladiators in my area, except for a couple Sports. Owning a 2 door JK Willys, I'd want a Rubicon.

This used 2023 Rubicon for $43.4k w/ 25k miles is tempting though. Looks to already have 35 inch tires on it.
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d2021&zip=65761#listing=375803720/NONE/DEFAULT

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:42:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Seen 2 of these running around town.

Converted Monster 6x6 Jeep Gladiator!
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#6]
My opinion...small, uncomfortable, niche.

I went with a full size truck and I love it; I'd never consider a Jeep again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
Seen 2 of these running around town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fizNPTaSFP8
View Quote

Not my cup of tea and I see no value in them
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Driving down the dirt road by me that is now pockmarked like the surface of the moon this morning… due to snow melt and runoff it’s just a magical treat to drive down. I’m doing 5 mph or less so it’s not too unbearable, and the truck is bouncing like crazy.

A young chick in basic Ford Escape turns on the road behind me … and is keeping up with me. She’s bottoming that thing out left and right and is right on my bumper.

Short story long: You can always tell a leaser from a buyer on the dirt roads when they’re this bad.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 12:16:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#9]
Did the back and forth with a dealer today.  He came within $400 of the price I had in my head.

Well equipped Rubicon, 67,575 sticker,  talked them 15,171 off sticker and got him to delete their dumb $997 dealer add-on for bullshit paint protection as well.  Nothing to trade so no fuck-fuck games there.

I was all ready to have him email a sales contract over.. then the wife decided we aren't going to spend the(that much) money.

So, now I'm reduced to looking at a couple of Sport S models with Max tow, which won't be the worst thing at least.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 12:54:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: c350z] [#10]
Bought a brand new 2022 Gladiator Mojave in July of 2022. I owned it 6 weeks, during that time it went back to the dealership 4 times for multiple engine cylinder misfires. Replaced wires cables cylinders etc. in the shop 3-7 days each time. They said we need to replace the engine. I was done with it. My only regret was buying it in the first place. What a piece of junk.

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 3:26:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By c350z:
Bought a brand new 2022 Gladiator Mojave in July of 2022. I owned it 6 weeks, during that time it went back to the dealership 4 times for multiple engine cylinder misfires. Replaced wires cables cylinders etc. in the shop 3-7 days each time. They said we need to replace the engine. I was done with it. My only regret was buying it in the first place. What a piece of junk.

View Quote

One of the guys at work owns a 4-door wrangler. It's currently on its third engine. first two replaced under warranty.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:
Did the back and forth with a dealer today.  He came within $400 of the price I had in my head.

Well equipped Rubicon, 67,575 sticker,  talked them 15,171 off sticker and got him to delete their dumb $997 dealer add-on for bullshit paint protection as well.  Nothing to trade so no fuck-fuck games there.

I was all ready to have him email a sales contract over.. then the wife decided we aren't going to spend the(that much) money.

So, now I'm reduced to looking at a couple of Sport S models with Max tow, which won't be the worst thing at least.
View Quote

I had a bone stock, zero options Sport with roll up windows for 3 years before I recently got my JTR and I loved that truck dearly. Get what you can afford and you'll enjoy it dude. Most people simply do not need a Rubicon. It is a very focused package to say the least and you do feel it when getting around day to day. However it's also an absolute mountain goat and I happen to work at a mountain.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Mojave owner here.
The auxiliary batteries for the stop/start feature are junk. Keep an eye on it or delete the auxiliary (easy 15 minutes)
Watch your coolant levels - there may be a link between coolant loss and a misfire issue.
I've had no issues and it's a fun truck that begs for adventure.
Do not get a manual- the ratios are trash and the clutch has no soul. The auto is really nice.
If I had to do it over I would consider the diesel as the gasser isn't anything to write home about.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:44:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Gladiator picture thread?

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RCC1:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/175250/IMG_7614-3115333.jpg

View Quote

Was waiting for you to show up dude lol. This is my favorite Gladiator.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MainePure:

View Quote

Beat!  LOL

Did that thing always have a 392 in it or is that something new?  I can't remember seeing that sticker on some of the other pics posted.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Beat!  LOL

Did that thing always have a 392 in it or is that something new?  I can't remember seeing that sticker on some of the other pics posted.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MainePure:

Beat!  LOL

Hemi swapped in 2022 to get better fuel mileage and make the road drivability 100% better.

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Pure bad assery.  What ever happened to your highboy?
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:36:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CIE] [#19]
Freaking love my JKU. It's a beast. Don't think I'll ever be without a 4-door Jeep. I daily drive it and it's been through Fordyce and Rubicon. Nothing more to add.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Hemi swapped in 2022 to get better fuel mileage and make the road drivability 100% better.

View Quote

Yeah that poor 3.6 would be miserable pulling that setup around, even with the right gearing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm still rolling in the 2010 Sahara jku. Been waiting for prices to come down. Maybe someday I can justify one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I had a picture but my SD card failed. I saw one locally that had SPYNX  on the hood. I assume this was a owner applied decal. I can't find that model on line but it was military team and looked bad ass.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:51:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#23]
Originally Posted By mancow:
I'm still rolling in the 2010 Sahara jku. Been waiting for prices to come down. Maybe someday I can justify one.
View Quote

They're not going to get any lower than they are right now.

Dealers are doing 20-25% off MSRP with Jeep's 15% offer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Damn...
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Damn...
View Quote

See my post on this page with numbers (post 9).
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 12:12:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PorkChopsMmm] [#26]
I’m getting to this thread late but I was a recent buyer of a 2023 Gladiator Sport back in November 2023. I saw inventories piling up, large discounts coming out, and with strikes looming I knew it was a good time to buy. I wanted a base model Sport to tinker on and finding one with a soft top in the Midwest was hard. No local dealers were coming down on prices so I actually rented a car and drove out to PA to buy the cheapest Gladiator I could find in the US. White, auto, no other options. Since then I have added some upgrades mentioned below. I got the price down to $35k without tax and title. I am still following some of the deals on Reddit and while inventory is drying up some people are finding deals. I saw someone mentioned they got a Max Tow for $35k — good for them. It was hard for me to really hard ball with dealers when they are multiple states away.

I’ve had trucks before and have also owned a Jeep TJ so I knew what I was getting into. Not a typical Jeep bro. This is one of the cheapest 4x4 trucks you can buy, it can tow decently, and you can take the roof and doors off. My kids love it and I enjoy tinkering with it. I wouldn’t necessarily want to daily mine every day on long commutes and it is manual everything. What people should realize is even the base spec 23’s have push button start and Apple CarPlay/Android Auto. I was coming from an ‘06 regular cab 5 speed 4x4 Tacoma and this thing is downright luxurious in comparison.

I picked up new Rubicon take off wheels and tires and am currently installing the Rubicon suspension the seller threw in for free. A friend has a Rubicon JL and this has easily kept off roading with what I have put it through. I have the means to install a rear LSD and may do so someday. Right now I’m just enjoying it. Highly recommend if you set your expectations right.

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#27]
A little bit of a related question.

I know that the Rubicon has slightly larger/taller fenders.

Are they a direct bolt-on to a sport model?
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#28]
A little bit of a related question.

I know that the Rubicon has slightly larger/taller fenders.

Are they a direct bolt-on to a sport model?
View Quote

As long as the running lights are the same type on both(LED vs Halogen) you'll be gtg. I believe the fender liners are different as well so grab those too if you do it. But generally yeah most exterior parts will bolt right up from other trims.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Yeah that poor 3.6 would be miserable pulling that setup around, even with the right gearing.
View All Quotes

I really wish they had offered them with just the regular 5.7 hemi. I'd have one in the driveway
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Unloaded my 22 model Willys 2 weeks ago. Bought it new. Main reason I bought it was the Gobi color as I really liked it.

Installed a level kit and 34" tires, bumper and step rails. Can't say anything really bad about but it only had 7,500 miles on it when I traded it.

Main reason was I wanted something bigger to better handle a camper. Our camper was well withing weight limits but I always felt it was marginal for towing. With the 3.6 engine and the aero of a brick just not the ticket for towing much of anything.

Link Posted: 2/2/2024 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DaveJRSC:
This post needs more Russell Crowe.
View Quote

That's what I thought it was about too.
I liked the movie so much I named one of my dogs Maximus Decimus Meridius.
We call him Max.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Got a deal worked today on a Sport S with Max tow, big screen and premium auto group, cold weather package, body colored fenders and hard top.  Cloth seats.  Auto.  It's white with black wheels which isn't awesome, but not terrible either.  No LEDs though, which blows.  I'll retrofit something.

13,605 off MSRP.  

Going tomorrow or Monday and hopefully seal this up before the wife changes her mind.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Got a deal worked today on a Sport S with Max tow, big screen and premium auto group, cold weather package, body colored fenders and hard top.  Cloth seats.  Auto.  It's white with black wheels which isn't awesome, but not terrible either.  No LEDs though, which blows.  I'll retrofit something.

13,605 off MSRP.  

Going tomorrow or Monday and hopefully seal this up before the wife changes her mind.  
View Quote

There’s kits to retrofit the OEM LEDs front and back.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

There’s kits to retrofit the OEM LEDs front and back.
View Quote

I've heard of that.  OEM would be my first choice as I am sure they are the best.  

Probably not the cheapest either
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I personally think this sticker would look great on your ride.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#36]

I've heard of that.  OEM would be my first choice as I am sure they are the best.  

Probably not the cheapest either
View Quote

I think about 700ish per end last time I saw it
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#37]

13,605 off MSRP.  

View Quote

Get a tazer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

Get a tazer.
View Quote

That is what my friend has.  I probably will.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 12:29:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By c350z:
View Quote

Damn, that sucks (and not the norm). I’ve had two pentastar engines (‘12 wrangler & ‘21 Mojave) and have driven over 100k miles between the two with absolutely no engine issues.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Took delivery today.

Sport S with Max Tow, cold weather package, and the deluxe screen and sound system.  Like it a lot so far!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Have an appointment to tint the remaining windows on Wednesday, have a bullet point phone holder and a tonneau cover coming.  Also going to order a leveling kit soon.

I have some other plans but the wife is gonna make me wait a while haha.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#41]
enjoy your new ride
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Took delivery today.

Sport S with Max Tow, cold weather package, and the deluxe screen and sound system.  Like it a lot so far!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/578900/IMG_3107_jpeg-3119311.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/578900/IMG_3109_jpeg-3119312.JPG

Have an appointment to tint the remaining windows on Wednesday, have a bullet point phone holder and a tonneau cover coming.  Also going to order a leveling kit soon.

View Quote

NICE!

Enjoy. Bulletpoint is great, I have their Rubigrid with 2 phone holders and a dashcam mount. Did the roof come lined or is it the fiberglass? I put some molle headliners in and they make a huge difference in road noise and heating/cooling. Plus they look cool.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By macman37:

NICE!

Enjoy. Bulletpoint is great, I have their Rubigrid with 2 phone holders and a dashcam mount. Did the roof come lined or is it the fiberglass? I put some molle headliners in and they make a huge difference in road noise and heating/cooling. Plus they look cool.
View Quote

I was cheap and didn’t buy the grid.  Just the left side mount with the MagSafe mount.  

Panels are bare fiberglass.

I did 72 most of the way home.  I don’t think the wind noise is something I’m even going to care about, but might see you point on the hot/cold issue.  Got a link to a product?
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Took delivery today.

View Quote

Congrats my daughter's started out like that and now. The JK is my 2010 that I traded in on my Grey Rubicon

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#45]

I was cheap and didn’t buy the grid.  Just the left side mount with the MagSafe mount.  

I did 72 most of the way home.  I don’t think the wind noise is something I’m even going to care about, but might see you point on the hot/cold issue.  Got a link to a product?
View All Quotes

NICE!

I got mine from Invictus Offroad and they are fantastic. Big issue: Their website is completely offline and their facebook post from June of last year says they’re moving… So no updates. I found them from Jeepgladiatorforum.com (Great resource!) so maybe there’s a new player or just a different website for them now.

You’re definitely gonna need something for the headliner though. My first winter with the truck was cold, I could feel the cold through the fiberglass, and the road noise wasn’t awful just driving but listening to music or talking through the truck on speaker was a bit rough. Good thing is hopefully they have time to get back up and running - they were doing good work at Invictus. The quality is excellent.

Also advise not using the defroster if it’s Wisconsin/Michigan cold though. Anything under the 20s and I don’t use it at all. I turned mine on one 4* day and watched a crack advance across the windshield when the thing was 2 months old. And I have the Gorilla glass!
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the tips.

I’m a member at jeepgladiatorforums and I’ve spent an unhealthy amount of time there the last couple weeks.

Pretty sure I’m going to go wirh Rock Trix 115s.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#47]

NICE!

View All Quotes
Took delivery today.

NICE!

I used black anodized 20mm aluminum X channel and mounted it to the two recessed dash mount points with standoff studs. Then used slide on hardware with aluminum camera arms to aluminum phone holders. It is all metal and infitely adjustable across the entire dash. It was all far cheaper than any kit and much higher quality.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:16:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Thanks for the tips.

I’m a member at jeepgladiatorforums and I’ve spent an unhealthy amount of time there the last couple weeks.

Pretty sure I’m going to go wirh Rock Trix 115s.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/578900/IMG_3093_jpeg-3119364.JPG
View Quote

I’d totally rock those. Hopefully when I need to re-shoe with 35s I have the coin.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:17:11 PM EDT
[#49]

I used black anodized 20mm aluminum X channel and mounted it to the two recessed dash mount points with standoff studs. Then used slide on hardware with aluminum camera arms to aluminum phone holders. It is all metal and infitely adjustable across the entire dash. It was all far cheaper than any kit and much higher quality.
View All Quotes
Took delivery today.

NICE!

Cheers! There’s no wrong way to make it yours.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#50]

I’d totally rock those. Hopefully when I need to re-shoe with 35s I have the coin.
View Quote

They’re cheap and I think even cheaper on sale, something like less than $150 a wheel and free shipping.
Page / 12
Gladiator (Page 4 of 12)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top