Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:
@dhmjr40

What'd you name the new kitten?
View Quote

We gotta do some figuring on that one.  I'm running out of names    Maybe something Road Warrior/Mad Max oriented?  I dunno.....
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By dhmjr40:

We gotta do some figuring on that one.  I'm running out of names    Maybe something Road Warrior/Mad Max oriented?  I dunno.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@dhmjr40

It's a female? Furiosa?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Tudy or Tutty

Rudy Tudy
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:13:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dhmjr40] [#4]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:
Tudy or Tutty

Rudy Tudy
View Quote

Rudy Tudy, lol, oh man, I just know I'm call say that to them now.  Probably even sing it like that Wooly Bully song,  Rudy Tudy!!  Rudy Tudy....watch it now, watch it!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#6]
These animals seem to find you. They know a good thing when they see it. Cute baby kitten for Rudy.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

Irish Setters are beautiful dags.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blitzkreig:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/44118/1000001288_jpg-3183112.JPG

Red retards checking in. Pulling for your little guy.

...and the blondes of the canine world.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
Originally Posted By Blitzkreig:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/44118/1000001288_jpg-3183112.JPG

Red retards checking in. Pulling for your little guy.

All the brains were bread out of those things in the early days.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:57:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By explodingvarmints:

View Quote

Ironic post is ironic.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

Ironic post is ironic.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Originally Posted By explodingvarmints:

Ironic post is ironic.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Dragunov aka Drago aka Dragunova aka Drago Baby says Godspeed to the new kitten arrival. Little bastard loves to drink out of our water glass.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:34:33 AM EDT
[#13]

It's a female? Furiosa?
View All Quotes
@dhmjr40

It's a female? Furiosa?

Heresy. If female call her Entity
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#14]
the new kitten is so cute. I feel bad for the little guy. We found 3 abandoned babies in the snow a year ago. One of them had died.  We took them in and fed them and tried to find them homes. They declared the couch their home and are still there.  

Rudy is awesome too, thanks for saving these helpless little guys.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:03:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dhmjr40] [#15]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
the new kitten is so cute. I feel bad for the little guy. We found 3 abandoned babies in the snow a year ago. One of them had died.  We took them in and fed them and tried to find them homes. They declared the couch their home and are still there.  

View Quote

That little guy is pretty strong and LOUD, lol.  Strays usually do make the best pets/buddies.  Years ago I was stopping for gas in Philadelphia, MS and heard something that sounded like meowing but wasn't sure.  Three other people heard it also and we got to looking around before finding the sound was coming from one of the trash cans.  Someone had tied up a kitten in a plastic bag and dropped him  in there.  We were all pretty much pissed off that someone could do this and talked amongst ourselves on who should take the cat.   lol, I lost.  Ended up calling him Oscar (cause of the garbage can)  He was a really good one.  I've had some cats that were assholes but by and large most of mine have been awesome.  I was building my back porch at the time and he'd be above you on some 2x4's and if you were walking under him,  he'd reach down and snag your hat off your head.  Was a super sound sleeper also.  Started stacking stuff on him to see how high I could get it before he'd wake, lol.   Had him for almost 10 years before he passed.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#16]

That little guy is pretty strong and LOUD, lol.  Strays usually do make the best pets/buddies.  Years ago I was stopping for gas in Philadelphia, MS and heard something that sounded like meowing but wasn't sure.  Three other people heard it also and we got to looking around before finding the sound was coming from one of the trash cans.  Someone had tied up a kitten in a plastic bag and dropped him  in there.  We were all pretty much pissed off that someone could do this and talked amongst ourselves on who should take the cat.   lol, I lost.  Ended up calling him Oscar (cause of the garbage can)  He was a really good one.  I've had some cats that were assholes but by and large most of mine have been awesome.  I was building my back porch at the time and he'd be above you on some 2x4's and if you were walking under him,  he'd reach down and snag your hat off your head.  Was a super sound sleeper also.  Started stacking stuff on him to see how high I could get it before he'd wake, lol.   Had him for almost 10 years.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184339/oscar_1_jpg-3215705.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184339/Oscar_2_jpg-3215706.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184339/Oscar_3_jpg-3215707.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Cleaned up, fed and now recharging.  I seriously need to hone my bottle skills, lol, it works but..it’s not pretty.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184339/A0B15A47-4790-4196-8162-CD6F9000DD95_jpe-3214565.JPG
View Quote

Does it make me a bad person that i kinda want this kitty to actually be a tiger that escaped from the zoo?  I mean, if you are going to live a hallmark afterschool special kind of life, that's the twist the show needs...
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#18]

That little guy is pretty strong and LOUD, lol.  Strays usually do make the best pets/buddies.  Years ago I was stopping for gas in Philadelphia, MS and heard something that sounded like meowing but wasn't sure.  Three other people heard it also and we got to looking around before finding the sound was coming from one of the trash cans.  Someone had tied up a kitten in a plastic bag and dropped him  in there.  We were all pretty much pissed off that someone could do this and talked amongst ourselves on who should take the cat.   lol, I lost.  Ended up calling him Oscar (cause of the garbage can)  He was a really good one.  I've had some cats that were assholes but by and large most of mine have been awesome.  I was building my back porch at the time and he'd be above you on some 2x4's and if you were walking under him,  he'd reach down and snag your hat off your head.  Was a super sound sleeper also.  Started stacking stuff on him to see how high I could get it before he'd wake, lol.   Had him for almost 10 years before he passed.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

I loled.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Pics?
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Had to run up the road a ways to find a phone signal and spot this little gal ducking in a culvert.  Better shape than I usually find them so maybe just lost.  Will make some calls and rounds tomorrow to check.  
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Either way Rudy has a wrestling buddy for a little while.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:02:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dhmjr40] [#21]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I almost always have a little bit of dry cat or dog food with me
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

If there’s a heaven, you definitely have a special place in it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#23]
This guy…..Attachment Attached File

……approves of your actions.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:33:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dhmjr40] [#24]
I tell ya, I’ve been watching and laughing at those two idiots playing for an hour now and they’re still going strong.   I kinda hope I don’t find the owners now, lol, but will try anyways.   Rudy likes not being the small one for a change.   Only problem so far is our visitor likes to dig in the water bowl and eventually, crawl in there and lay down.   I couldn’t even get mad at having to clean up.   I needed it too.   Been working on house repair that hasn’t been going my way and having people call all morning for stupid stuff.  Mood did a complete 180 after finding that little dog.   Calmed me down to finish my project also with no hiccups.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Hoji:
This guy…..https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/141911/IMG_8526_jpeg-3225313.JPG

……approves of your actions.
View Quote

Yep.. not sure how else to explain it.
Through your hands, His work is done..

Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:36:56 PM EDT
[#26]
You think Rudy is a black lab mutt? My best dog was a black lab with a white spot on her chest.
I like to see him playing with his friend.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By hollowhandle:
You think Rudy is a black lab mutt? My best dog was a black lab with a white spot on her chest.
I like to see him playing with his friend.
View Quote

I do think he has some lab in there, now what percentage….he is pretty smart and has already learned some commands.  Nothing fancy but I’ve been slightly impressed or have gotten used to my idiots.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:23:14 PM EDT
[#28]

I do think he has some lab in there, now what percentage….he is pretty smart and has already learned some commands.  Nothing fancy but I’ve been slightly impressed or have gotten used to my idiots.
View Quote

They trained the trainer..
God bless you and your new family.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:53:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dhmjr40] [#29]
Lord Humongous (the kitten)  is pretty much weened off the bottle but apparently can’t eat unless he is lying on top of the food…..And surprisingly enough is already using a miniature litter box.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Great to hear
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Still no luck finding the owners (if they exist) of that last pup.  Left word at the local vets so we'll see.  Got to be someone's pet though that little dog is just too friendly and good with the the zoo (including cats).  I also gotta find some way to deter the digging in that freaking water bowl.....
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#33]
These animals know where to find you. Joker approved.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#34]
I tell ya, I’ve been watching and laughing at those two idiots playing for an hour now and they’re still going strong.   I kinda hope I don’t find the owners now, lol, but will try anyways.   Rudy likes not being the small one for a change.   Only problem so far is our visitor likes to dig in the water bowl and eventually, crawl in there and lay down.   I couldn’t even get mad at having to clean up.   I needed it too.   Been working on house repair that hasn’t been going my way and having people call all morning for stupid stuff.  Mood did a complete 180 after finding that little dog.   Calmed me down to finish my project also with no hiccups.
View Quote

Props to ya.  

When we lived out in the country in OK, we regularly would find dogs people would abandon.  Two of our dogs my wife found in a ditch along the road.  Luckily my wife was a good networker and found homes for all the animals we didn't keep.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 7:30:53 AM EDT
[#36]
That last little pup find isn't doing too good.  Going back to the vet as soon as they open this morning.  Stopped eating yesterday and doesn't look good overall.  Went from high energy to none in a span of 24 hours.  Actually had to look for her when I got up, like she's trying to hide which is never a good sign with animals.  Fingers crossed for good news but preparing for the other.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Good luck pup!
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Vet just called.  New pup has parvo.  Told him to do what he could knowing it'll be a coin toss (expensive) coin toss but still.  Of course I gotta take Rudy in now since they've been playing and chewing on each other.  Good thoughts, wishes, prayers are appreciated.  Never had a dog with parvo before in the almost 50 years of being around them.  Feel a little stupid being attached to that newest pup like I am after this short period of time but, man, watching those two dogs play that one day was just special.   And now one, maybe both are at risk.  No signs of anything wrong with Rudy at all but we'll do what we can.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Vet just called.  New pup has parvo.  Told him to do what he could knowing it'll be a coin toss (expensive) coin toss but still.  Of course I gotta take Rudy in now since they've been playing and chewing on each other.  Good thoughts, wishes, prayers are appreciated.  Never had a dog with parvo before in the almost 50 years of being around them.  Feel a little stupid being attached to that newest pup like I am after this short period of time but, man, watching those two dogs play that one day was just special.   And now one, maybe both are at risk.  No signs of anything wrong with Rudy at all but we'll do what we can.
View Quote

Damn, that was what I was afraid of.  Hopefully the treatment works.  Pulling for you guys.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#40]
I hope your pups are able to beat that nasty virus. It can be rough when they are that young. I nearly lost  my Katie girl to parvo, the vet was able to save her but she was 8mos old.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DamascusKnifemaker:
I hope your pups are able to beat that nasty virus. It can be rough when they are that young. I nearly lost  my Katie girl to parvo, the vet was able to save her but she was 8mos old.
View Quote

I'm honestly doubting that new pup is gonna beat it.  Hoping like hell Rudy does.  They haven't said he's positive yet, probably won't know till tomorrow, but I'd be surprised if he isn't.  But, he isn't showing any symptoms at all as of yet.  No loss of energy or appetite or the messy other ones.  Dude is strong.    

Glad Katie beat it!
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#42]

I'm honestly doubting that new pup is gonna beat it.  Hoping like hell Rudy does.  They haven't said he's positive yet, probably won't know till tomorrow, but I'd be surprised if he isn't.  But, he isn't showing any symptoms at all as of yet.  No loss of energy or appetite or the messy other ones.  Dude is strong.    

Glad Katie beat it!
View Quote

@dhmjr40

I have been following along with your updates, and my heart has been touched with your kindness. I can't afford much, but I'd like to send you a few bucks to hopefully help with the vet costs. Do you have PayPal or a fundraising site I could contribute to?

Thanks for all you do, sir...you are a bright light for some suffering furballs!
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I remember when this thread was posted awhile back. Just read the latest updates. Hope the two pups end up ok. Poor dogs
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AnnieOakleyFJB:

@dhmjr40

I have been following along with your updates, and my heart has been touched with your kindness. I can't afford much, but I'd like to send you a few bucks to hopefully help with the vet costs. Do you have PayPal or a fundraising site I could contribute to?

Thanks for all you do, sir...you are a bright light for some suffering furballs!
View Quote

I really do appreciate the offer so much.  Others have helped out when i first got Rudy and it really touched me cause I'm horrible about asking for help esp when I really need it.  But let's wait and see what this is going to run before doing anything.  The vet helps me out since I'm kinda a steady customer.   I will keep you updated.  Thanks so much again.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#45]

I really do appreciate the offer so much.  Others have helped out when i first got Rudy and it really touched me cause I'm horrible about asking for help esp when I really need it.  But let's wait and see what this is going to run before doing anything.  The vet helps me out since I'm kinda a steady customer.   I will keep you updated.  Thanks so much again.
View Quote

@dhmjr40 We know you don't need the help, your animals do! So please put any pride to the side, if it means giving them a better life (and you a little less stress!), then let's do it!
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

If you have a Zelle pm me and I’ll send you some money
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By JoinDatePostCount:

View Quote

@dhmjr40

Waiting on you, sir 🤓
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By AnnieOakleyFJB:

@dhmjr40

Waiiting on you, sir 🤓
View Quote

Sent a pm
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JoinDatePostCount:

View Quote

All I have is PayPal.  I'm kinda behind times.  Thanks so much for offering though man.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 7:01:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Sent a little something. Give those little buggers a hug from us!
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top