BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 502
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 1:12:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stone-age] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Putins "ceasefire" rant is just an indicator to me that he's desperate. UA needs to continue salami slicing his military with S400-500 strikes, OWA drones, IO, etc.
View Quote

I imagine the entire point is to erode support for Ukraine from the west. Putin will say that he offered a ceasefire and Ukraine refused to come to the table, suggesting that Ukraine is it actually not interested in peace. The Russian bots will repeat a thousand times that Russia wants a ceasefire and Ukraine refuses. And there are definitely chunks of the population that will buy into it because they want to.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Concur.  One of the problems with both Xi and Putin's ideas about overthrowing the current world order is that China and Russia are very much the beneficiaries of said current (or most likely thanks to their efforts, recently past) world order.  Without foreign investment and a near-monopoly on gas exports to Europe, there is little chance that Russia can sustain an effective war economy for very long.
View Quote

People have a hard time answering when I ask how china is going finance things when 75% of their economy stops when they get froggy with the west. Something about biting the hand that feeds you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

People have a hard time answering when I ask how china is going finance things when 75% of their economy stops when they get froggy with the west. Something about biting the hand that feeds you.
View Quote

I've never understood this either aspect either. War with China implodes both our economies.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I imagine the entire point is to erode support for Ukraine from the west. Putin will say that he offered a ceasefire and Ukraine refused to come to the table, suggesting that Ukraine is it actually not interested in peace. The Russian bots will repeat a thousand times that Russia wants a ceasefire and Ukraine refuses. And there are definitely chunks of the population that will buy into it because they want to.
View Quote
I think its more about trying to get breathing room to rebuild to go after the rest.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:
yes that's an example of what i meant about being a fly on the wall -- to know why that went down the way it did

the main thing i can think of is last summer's failed counter-offensive.  regardless of the details -- everyone expected more from all those resources

maybe Zaluzhny just wasn't up to the 'big offensive' like that.  some tactical leaders are not great strategic leaders -- and vice versa.  again -- who knows -- pure speculation
View Quote

I also don't want to speculate. I think the 2023 offensive was political more than military and geared at showing something to the western partners, who did not provide Ukraine the resources to breach minefields but expected AFU to follow western doctrine to do that anyway.

I also speculate that the war effort is subject to the same conditions as every such conflict: tensions between civilian/political leadership and military leadership.

End idle and pointless speculation.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

I've never understood this either aspect either. War with China implodes both our economies.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It's so critical to get Europe on board with an economic response to war over Taiwan. China is getting big enough, and trade with other countries/regions is big enough, that US trade alone isn't enough to completely derail China anymore. Europe actually does more trade with China than the US, IIRC. US needs a heavy diplomatic effort to get the Euros to commit to joining in sanctions/embargoes on China trade if they go to war for Taiwan. US & Europe together would crush China's economy if there were an embargo.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#10]
They made it official--pier is off line, again,

Today, due to expected high seas, the temporary pier will be removed from its anchored position in Gaza and towed back to Ashdod, Israel. The safety of our service members is a top priority and temporarily relocating the pier will prevent structural damage caused by the heightened sea state.

The decision to temporarily relocate the pier is not made lightly but is necessary to ensure the temporary pier can continue to deliver aid in the future.

After the period of expected high seas, the pier will be rapidly re-anchored to the coast of Gaza and resume delivering humanitarian aid to Gaza.

Since May 17, over 3,500 metric tons (7.7 million pounds) have been delivered through the maritime corridor for onward delivery by humanitarian organizations.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#11]

The full list is below:
◾️1 IRIS-T SLM air defense system
◾️1 IRIS-T SLS air defense system
◾️3 HIMARS multiple rocket launchers
◾️20 Marder IFVs
◾️10 Leopard 1 A5 main battle tanks
◾️ammunition for Leopard 1
◾️ammunition for Marder IFV
◾️21,000 rounds 155mm ammunition
◾️4 anti-drone sensors and jammers
◾️2 Beaver bridge-laying tanks
◾️2 Dachs armored engineer vehicles
◾️1 Bergepanzer 2 armored recovery vehicle
◾️4 Wisent 1 mine clearing tanks
◾️material for explosive ordnance disposal
◾️3 AMPS self-protection systems for helicopters
◾️100 night vision goggles
◾️IT equipment
◾️16 Zetros tankers
◾️100 MK 556 assault rifles
◾️85 HLR 338 precision rifles with 180,000 rounds ammunition
◾️100 CR 308 rifles
◾️4 million rounds of ammunition for fire arms
◾️rescue boats
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

The assumption on the part of the Chicoms is that they can inflict that kind of punishment on their own people and we cannot/will not.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

The assumption on the part of the Chicoms is that they can inflict that kind of punishment on their own people and we cannot/will not.
View Quote

There was another nation in Asia that once made the same mistake about 83 years ago, thinking that America was soft and weak. I hope we don't have to teach another Asian country this lesson, but think that at some point, we'll probably have to.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#14]
This is either awesome or hilarious, I suspect the latter.

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:40:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

More context.

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:57:43 PM EDT
[#17]

with artillery ammunition, so the trend is improving. However, there are more frequent problems with barrel wear, which need to be noticed in time and the guns sent for repair."  
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By michigan66:
Crew has abandoned ship hit by Houthis earlier this week (6/13)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/501718/GQHnPOFWUAAlVVE_png-3241585.JPG

Video showing damage in tweet below
View Quote

Wow.

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:06:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

There was another nation in Asia that once made the same mistake about 83 years ago, thinking that America was soft and weak. I hope we don't have to teach another Asian country this lesson, but think that at some point, we'll probably have to.
View Quote

But now we'd get help from the first one.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:22:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:25:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#21]

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

with artillery ammunition, so the trend is improving. However, there are more frequent problems with barrel wear, which need to be noticed in time and the guns sent for repair."  

That's really good to hear. As I've been saying for a while now, this year is going to come down to whether the Russians can achieve a true operational/strategic level breakthrough before the Ukrainians and their allies rectify issues in terms of shell production, fortifications, manpower, etc. Ukraine isn't out of the woods yet by any means (losing Chasiv Yar would render their position in the rest of Donetsk very difficult), but we're halfway through June and Russia still hasn't been able to cause a serious breakthrough, artillery ammo supply might be picking up again, there does seem to be progress on the fortification front, etc. I still more should be done in terms of the mobilization situation, but increased artillery ammo and better fortifications might render the need for manpower less intense. At this point, I'm cautiously optimistic. They're not out of the woods yet, but it does look like Ukraine's situation has improved relative to what it was a few months ago.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLO4FasXQAAkoHI?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJ0bASsXMAAYLX4?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Don’t be surprised at a breakthrough announcement.  Russia was supposed to get gas turbine powerplants for their new frigates from Ukraine until 2014 scotched that.  Russia then announced hat within a year they had designed an begun producing gas turbines “far better” than the Ukrainian spec powerplants.
What actually happened is that they gave a Russian firm 1 year to copy the Ukrainian engine.  One can only guess how that turned out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#24]
⚠️ Departure of 3 Tu-22m3 strategic bombers from Soltsy airfield.

UPD: In addition, the departure of the 1st strategic bomber Tu-95ms from the airfield "Engels-2" which keeps a course in the direction of the waters of the Caspian Sea.

https://t.me/strategicontrol/4517

Departure of 2 Tu-160 strategic bombers from Engels-2 airfield.
https://t.me/strategicontrol/4518

⚪️ 03:10 - the masker is turned on at the training frequency of 8945 KHz.
https://t.me/strategicontrol/4519

⚡According to our assessment, without threats, beforehand (training "flight") within the regions of the Russian Federation.

There is an activity of the training frequency and certain moments that indicate a good night. If the situation changes, please contact us.

https://t.me/strategicontrol/4520

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:47:38 PM EDT
[#26]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GQJwudmXoAATMo1?format=jpg&name=900x900

View Quote

It’s a pretty smart move.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

It's so critical to get Europe on board with an economic response to war over Taiwan. China is getting big enough, and trade with other countries/regions is big enough, that US trade alone isn't enough to completely derail China anymore. Europe actually does more trade with China than the US, IIRC. US needs a heavy diplomatic effort to get the Euros to commit to joining in sanctions/embargoes on China trade if they go to war for Taiwan. US & Europe together would crush China's economy if there were an embargo.
View Quote

I disagree. Their economy would be absolutely fucked without us as a trading partner. It wouldn't matter about europe, they would have to openly support china or the west, they have no other choice. Their supply chains will be disrupted, and their rubber dog shit will get very expensive.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#28]

I also don't want to speculate. I think the 2023 offensive was political more than military and geared at showing something to the western partners, who did not provide Ukraine the resources to breach minefields but expected AFU to follow western doctrine to do that anyway.

I also speculate that the war effort is subject to the same conditions as every such conflict: tensions between civilian/political leadership and military leadership.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:
yes that's an example of what i meant about being a fly on the wall -- to know why that went down the way it did

the main thing i can think of is last summer's failed counter-offensive.  regardless of the details -- everyone expected more from all those resources

maybe Zaluzhny just wasn't up to the 'big offensive' like that.  some tactical leaders are not great strategic leaders -- and vice versa.  again -- who knows -- pure speculation

Budanov said spies leaked details to the Russians.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Belarusian Volunteer Corps fighting the Russian army in and around Vovchansk alongside the Russian Volunteer Corps. May 2024. Polish rap and SS insignia. I'm not going to blame Ukraine for accepting anyone that's willing to drop the hammer on Russians, though. It's hard to be picky about guys who are willing to grab a rifle and do the needful when your nation is getting invaded by a much larger, much stronger enemy.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 10:43:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Don't be surprised at a breakthrough announcement.  Russia was supposed to get gas turbine powerplants for their new frigates from Ukraine until 2014 scotched that.  Russia then announced hat within a year they had designed an begun producing gas turbines "far better" than the Ukrainian spec powerplants.
What actually happened is that they gave a Russian firm 1 year to copy the Ukrainian engine.  One can only guess how that turned out.
View All Quotes

Don't be surprised at a breakthrough announcement.  Russia was supposed to get gas turbine powerplants for their new frigates from Ukraine until 2014 scotched that.  Russia then announced hat within a year they had designed an begun producing gas turbines "far better" than the Ukrainian spec powerplants.

The Soviets did a pretty good job copying the B-29 rivet for rivet, including battle damage repairs and the Boeing emblems on the yolks. It might go back to the smart people being from the non Russian SSRs though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:10:23 PM EDT
[#31]
They also stole the AIM sidewinder and copied it down to the exact components.

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:21:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
They also stole the AIM sidewinder and copied it down to the exact components.

View Quote

Was the K-13 ever actually deployed? I keep hearing about it being a big deal but there are almost no older photos of it actually on an aircraft.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:28:28 PM EDT
[#33]

❗️According to emergency services, there were no injuries as a result of the accident. There will be no interruptions in supply or gas shutdowns for consumers due to the incident.

There is no threat of further spread of the fire.

https://t.me/busargin_r/6443

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Putin is issuing orders to economic "Steiner" divisions.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I like it. Give it an ATGM launcher for a couple of Spike-LR missiles along with a Trophy APS and it would likely become more useful on the front lines than actual tanks. At the least, I'd like to see a mixed tank platoon with a pair of these and a pair of actual tanks for heavier firepower. These things might actually survive the drone attacks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:33:22 AM EDT
[#36]
???????. ?????. ???? 843. ?????????????

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:42:56 AM EDT
[#37]

Speaking of Russian "infrastructure", what you see here is one of the Russia's federal highways near Surgut, the capital of Russia's richest region (when you exclude Moscow). The "Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug" contains Russia's largest reserve of oil and gas. More than half of all Russian oil and gas exports are from this region. There are only 1.7 million people living in this region. This is only one fifth of the population of the United Arab Emirates and almost double of what the VAE exports in oil altogether.

Corruption kills humans, nature, economy and brain cells. This is one of the reason why Russia is such a hopeless and godforsaken place, which under this regime and trajectory has no future.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:01:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Friends, I know that now everyone is most concerned about how Igor’s case will progress after the appeal is rejected. Here's the most up-to-date information.

Now my husband is still in a pre-trial detention center, the conditions of detention have not changed: he is still in solitary confinement. Therefore, be sure to write letters to Igor - it is very important for him to know that he is supported in the wild.

Letters can be sent to:
111020, Moscow,
Lefortovo Val, building 5.
Girkin Igor Vsevolodovich

There is a possibility that he will be sent to another colony, so I will give him more personal items and clothes in the near future. I will inform you as soon as information appears that he has been transferred to another institution.

Our future plans include filing an appeal. Igor’s case will be considered by the court, which will have to check how correctly the law was applied by the previous court.

Your support is very important for Igor. Thank you!

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/1135

Next month it will be exactly one year since the arrest of retired FSB colonel, commander of the Crimea detachment and the Slavyansk garrison Igor Strelkov.

Strelkov's controversial personality created supporters and enemies around him, a man of the most difficult fate, who always took risks and adventures in the name of abstract and intangible values. You can say whatever you want about him, shout at the top of your lungs about hatred of this historical figure, but no one can dispute the fact of his coolness - before going to military service, the man fought as a volunteer in two wars, and far from home, thousands of kilometers away. The man rose to the rank of colonel and received the Order of Courage. The man stood at the origins of the creation of the militia in Crimea and annexed the peninsula to Russia. The man led a legendary detachment that entered Slavyansk and Kramatorsk and created history before everyone’s eyes, thanks to which today Russia received Lugansk and Donetsk. An operation that has no analogues in Russian or European history. A man sentenced to life in The Hague and fought with barefoot militia against the regular army.

History will remember him under the name of Igor Strelkov. She has already cultivated him into one of the key personalities of the ten-year epic war with Ukraine. Whether someone likes it or not.

https://t.me/terrikony_donbassa/24147

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:19:29 AM EDT
[#39]
So Pantsir is doctrinally meant to provide point defense for S-300P/S-400 but the design requirements were focused on rotary-wing threats.
There is probably some insane deep Russian procurement lore there as to why that is the case
View Quote

They watched the same documentary on Discovery Channel (or was it Viasat History) about Desert Storm I that I did?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:34:13 AM EDT
[#40]

Update on M/V Verbena

On June 13, Iranian-backed Houthis struck M/V Verbena, a Palauan-flagged, Ukrainian-owned, Polish-operated bulk cargo carrier in two separate missile attacks. Today, at approximately 1:45 p.m. (Sanna time), the crew issued a distress call indicating they were abandoning the ship. M/V Anna Meta responded to render assistance. Anna Meta has recovered the mariners and is transporting them to safety. The crew abandoned ship due to continued fires and an inability to control them.

The Iranian frigate IRIN Jamaran was eight nautical miles from M/V Verbena and did not respond to the distress call.

This continued malign and reckless behavior by the Iranian-backed Houthis threatens regional stability and endangers the lives of mariners across the Red Sea and Gulf of Aden. CENTCOM will continue to act with partners to hold the Houthis accountable and degrade their military capabilities.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:42:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Shouvalov

Due to a number of insurmountable circumstances, sometimes there is no opportunity to write something for a very long time. and from what has been written there is too little that can be posted here.

The Northern Military District in the Ukrainian direction is in a hopeless dead end, but only for two sides - Ukraine and Russia. The West receives the destruction of one systemic enemy in our person and one potential enemy in the person of Ukraine. There are exercises going on for the West, albeit a little more expensive than usual, but as close as possible to combat ones. The West is transferring its armies to modern weapons, testing advanced models at the Ukrainian training ground and discarding outdated ones. Will Europe or the USA get tired of such a “war”? No, they are happy with everything.

Accordingly, we must now decide with whom, as well as, most importantly, why we are organizing our military operations. Without this base, there is no point in doing anything further, because an action devoid of clear goals is at least useless, but in reality it is dangerous. First the goal, then the nature of the actions corresponding to the goal(s). Doing it and then seeing what happens is very original, but damn...

But first, please be reminded: when did the Pentagon rely on the opinions of its bloggers when conducting large-scale military operations? Maybe the Americans are just stupid and didn’t think of this? Well, there must be a reasonable explanation why their military in combat is not commanded by civilians, selected by other civilians for the number of likes and subscribers among other civilians?

My vision is simple: all bloggers-scribblers-journalists on military topics should either receive accreditation from the Ministry of Defense, or stop writing on the topic of military operations directly. And I understand that my writing will certainly be banned, and I will accept it. But we have entered a situation where the military is already stretched to the wire, although we need to give them more legal and adequate powers - and step aside. It was not the military who caused what we see, but at least don’t interfere with us cleaning up what we got.

The military should not demand money - this is nonsense. The military must convey a list of what they require to complete the tasks assigned to them. Civilian leadership must either provide or confront the fact of the limits of provision. And then you need to look for an option on what to do with the available resources. If the car’s braking system is not ready, then no one will drive according to the principle “we’ll figure something out on the road.”

What adequate plan of action could we have now?

First, we make the West a party to the conflict. Terrible exercises, when your elements of the strategic nuclear forces are truly destroyed, are a circus. US drones over the Black Sea must be shot down. Without comment or explanation, without even acknowledging the obvious fact that we did it. In European countries, we unilaterally declare unmanned zones for a very short time (literally a couple of hours). And believe me: they will not risk raising a single civil aircraft during this time. We warn - for their own safety, that's all.

Our reconnaissance drones should regularly fly into European territory, extremely cheap. For the sole purpose of being shot down over cities and strategic targets. If they don’t shoot down, they will screw up militarily (they will become like us), if they shoot down, they will bring problems for themselves in the form of falling debris. What will they answer? Will Ukraine be supplied with tanks, planes and shells? So, as it were, already...

There should be one answer to any accusations or indignations: this is how we are the first to offer peace, it is you who are playing at escalation.

https://t.me/shouvalov/206

Secondly, we are stopping active actions in the Ukrainian direction (partially, we are replacing them by drawing Europeans into them) and are preparing all our forces for a future big war. The Third World War will begin in the years 26-29, it is inevitable and has no alternative. The old world military security system does not exist, just as there is no option for “peace agreements” that can now be implemented at all. Burying in Ukraine the remains of military potential, which will soon be needed for real, is nonsense. It no longer matters what mistakes were made and what we may wish for - without a global war there is not a single option for the future. As a result, new rules will be written and new borders will be established. According to her, and only according to her. But we not only do not prepare for it - we do everything to approach it completely unprepared.

Third, the powers of the military (I’m not talking about myself - that’s what the General Staff exists for). It is unacceptable to trash military generals for non-military mistakes. Keep the civilian rear guards with big gold stars for yourself - do whatever you want with them, but leave the military officers and generals for now. Complete transfer of military powers to the military - or the most total defeat, which our history has never even seen. The defeat of the Black Sea Fleet group is a direct consequence of the fact that civilians imposed their “commanders” and their “strategy” on the military. Do you know the main military secret around the Russian Black Sea Fleet? For political leaders, he is a pride and a symbol, but in military circles of the Russian Black Sea Fleet he is either an exile or a sawmill, where it is customary to dump those with whom the “worthy” flotillas did not want to deal. Political gloss and personnel slag. This is very mild and without unnecessary explanations. And what we see in the result is a completely predictable outcome. Just no conclusions. There is one more continuation here: a total ban on non-military leaders touching on military topics, the introduction of the death penalty by screwing scarecrowers with nuclear retribution onto an aspen stake, etc. Because it only makes the enemy laugh when a scarecrow with a mark in the military registration and enlistment office “little scoundrel” has not even seen a tank (it will either get stuck with its head in the hatch, or cannot reach the pedals with its small legs), but it spews out gigatons of red lines.

Fourth, an even greater strengthening of the military. It was precisely the “political” positions that led to the fact that the protection of rear facilities was so badly failed. The forces of strategic nuclear deterrence are being destroyed with impunity, any types of our aviation (including strategic ones) are literally being genocide at airfields, justifying the absence of all possible measures (from preventive to reaction) by the fact that we are not at war with anyone. On the one hand, such a step to strengthen the military carries some political risks, but on the other hand, at least the rules of the game will become clearer. In a country that has actually gone into a state of war, the military should dictate the terms, and not some “services” with incomprehensibly hypertrophied powers. And one should not think that the military will immediately engage in all types of clashes - they understand the cost of such actions, and therefore look at the situation more clearly.

Fifth, start addressing the issue of drugs and alcohol at the front. The death penalty can be introduced, special operations can be carried out against trading systems. There is someone there to fight with, and they also have strength. But if the situation with drugs and alcohol is not resolved, the army will end, even without war.

Sixth, a clear negotiation system. Any of our actions to involve the West as a participant in hostilities should lead to the fact that the West participates not so much in supplies, but in problems, as in the case of declaring unmanned zones on their territory. But in response, we must immediately identify the conditions under which a conditional “peace” is possible. Real conditions. In Ukraine it is impossible to find victory in the current war, but one can wait for a strategic defeat - in Ukraine, because of Ukraine but not from Ukraine, let’s say. At any cost, we need the opportunity to radically change the system of preparedness for a future global war.

But with the current state of affairs, we will sooner count to infinity than wait for positive news.

https://t.me/shouvalov/207

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:03:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#43]
WOW!  Russian small-scale assault goes completely pear-shaped.  Two BMPs and an MTLB destroyed, T-series tank may or may not have escaped.  Both BMPs brewed up with infantry inside, multiple Russians on fire.

Article about what F-16s can objectively do for Ukraine.

Story of 5 Ukrainian teens kidnapped by Russians, held in “vacation camps”, pressured to move to Russia, abused…despicable.

Statement by Azov Commander Prokopenko on lifting the US weapons ban.  Every time I see this guy or really anyone from Azov talk, they impress me as incredibly squared-away men.

Short firefight between Azov and a Russian probe.  A Russian can be heard screaming.

Putin v Hitler rhetoric

Putin doing what Putin does best.  Lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie, lie….

EXTREMELY NSFW.  Brutal drone drops on several Russians, definite kills.

WIth Orban now sidelined, NATO will take a more active role in Ukrainian supply and funding,

Belarusian volunteers (UA) fighting in a .50BMG HMMV around Vovchansk, plus street infantry fighting.

Four SDBs dropped on Russians at the aggregate plant in Vovchansk.

Russian T-62 destroyed by kamikaze.

Russian POV, soldier records a passing Ural truck fucked up by a Kamikaze.

Drone drops on Russians in swampy terrain near Kherson.

Several kamikazes destroy Russian SYNYTSIA EW system.

HIMARS smoking Russian Tyulpan mortar and crew.

Archival footage, International Legion in Bakhmut

“Talking only makes sense if there is something to talk about”. - Scholtz

Trainload of T-62s headed for Ukraine.  Finally sending in the good stuff!

MAGYAR doing what MAGYAR does best.  Kill Russians with glee.

Russians abusing two Ukrainian POWs in Kremmina.

3 Russian POV videos of their burned-out vehicles, complete with 1-2 very well-done Russians.

Reported as M777 counterbattery against Russian MSTA-B

Reported as an M777 counterbattery fire on Russian D-30

Kamikaze destroys Russian quadrunner and driver.

Burning natural gas storage in Saratov, Russia.

Another mobik appeal.

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER play dead.  Because they’re going to use explosives to check.

The Unsacred Land of Donbas: Living Ten Years Under Russia's Rule

Putin 'is done' as losses in Ukraine degrade Kremlin's force projection | Peter Zeihan

ENG. VER. Kamikaze drones destroyed an assault group of occupants.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:07:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#44]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:08:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:27:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#46]
13Jun24
Our cameraman Valery Kozhin, wounded today in Gorlovka, has died. Doctors saved him for several hours, but his injuries turned out to be incompatible with life.  

Valery was 46 years old. He began working at NTV in 2006, first as a sound engineer-technician, then as a television cameraman.  

Repeatedly worked in hot spots: in Syria, in zones of armed conflicts on the territory of the Donetsk and Lugansk republics. I spent several months a year on business trips.  

He was awarded the medal “For Courage” (2014), medals of the Order “For Merit to the Fatherland”, 1st and 2nd degree (2016 and 2018), and the medal of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation “Participant of the military operation in Syria” (2018).

https://t.me/ntvnews/137212

Today
❗️In the DPR, correspondent Nikita Tsitsagi died after an attack by the Armed Forces of Ukraine, operational services reported to TASS.
https://t.me/tass_agency/254979

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:36:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Abakan] [#47]

View All Quotes

Let's call it Ostwind II just to piss off the orcs
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:55:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#48]
⚡️ We are publishing a video from a pre-trial detention center in Rostov, where employees were taken hostage by those arrested.

Several men are holding the head of one of the departments and an inspector. In the video they talk about belonging to a terrorist organization. Special forces soldiers from the Federal Penitentiary Service and SOBR arrived at the scene. Now negotiations are underway with the imprisoned terrorists, law enforcement officers are finding out what the invaders want. So far everything is relatively calm.

An ambulance and rescuers are on duty at pre-trial detention center-1 on Gorky Street.

https://t.me/ENews112/18020

Video
https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1802229703568240739

“This group was prepared by Allah himself”

The terrorists who took the employees of the Rostov pre-trial detention center hostage are demanding a car so that they can use it to leave the territory of the detention center.

Special forces on the spot are preparing for any scenario. According to our source, the hostages are still safe.

https://t.me/ENews112/18022

Three of the terrorists who took hostages in the Rostov pre-trial detention center planned to blow up the building of the Supreme Court of the Karachay-Cherkess Republic.

FSB officers managed to prevent the terrorist attack. Shamil Akiev, Tamerlan Gireev and Azamat Tsitskiev purchased all the components for the bomb, firearms, a machine gun and two PM pistols, but were unable to complete their plans. In March they were sentenced to 18 years of severe punishment each.

Today they went to the extreme - they captured employees on duty, the head of one of the departments of the Federal Penitentiary Service and the junior inspector of the duty shift, Viktor Konchakov.

Negotiations with terrorists continue. There is no talk of an assault yet.

https://t.me/ENews112/18023

Three of the terrorists were convicted last December of participating in ISIS (recognized as a terrorist organization) and preparing an attack on the Supreme Court of Karachay-Cherkessia.
https://t.me/mardanaka/22779

❗️The hostage taking in pre-trial detention center-1 in Rostov-on-Don was prepared for several months, law enforcement agencies reported to TASS.
https://t.me/tass_agency/254992

Source: The employees of pre-trial detention center No. 1 who took hostages could be supervised from the outside - they were told with whom to establish contact and who to “recruit” in order to be released. Among those with whom the terrorists were offered to “come to an agreement” were the head of the department of pre-trial detention center-1 and another senior employee. This version is currently being checked by law enforcement agencies.
https://t.me/shot_shot/67679

The identity of the sixth criminal involved in the hostage-taking in the Rostov pre-trial detention center has become known.

According to “Baza”, this is a 22-year-old former student of the Astrakhan State Medical Academy, Malik Gandaloev. He was detained in Ingushetia in March 2023 along with his brother and friend.

They were hiding in the forest, not far from the village of Alkhasty. At the scene, law enforcement officers found a cache where, in addition to food, there was an IED with destructive elements, as well as an explosive. Then a criminal case was opened against Gandaloev and Gammadov under articles on the manufacture and illegal storage of explosives.

https://t.me/bazabazon/28612

Update: They died.

https://t.me/rian_ru/249546
https://t.me/ENews112/18037
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 3:38:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Or Wirblewind to piss off the WOT addicts.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 4:00:55 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

They are buying private owned Leopard 1 tanks for spare parts. Just saying...

Page / 502
Top Top