Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:36:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scrambler28:
Guns and alcohol,  what could go wrong?
View Quote

No live firing. I will set up a “safe space” where any gun handling takes place that requires verification that firearms are unloaded and we will still treat them as if they are. I wouldn’t do this but let’s just be honest, people want to show their stuff off.

I am not telling folks to disarm. Just keep any loaded firearm in a holster or secure. Absolutely no mixing of firearms and alcohol or you will be forced to wear a cone of shame.

There will be rules because I don’t know you guys and frankly I don’t want to get shot.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:42:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StarCityShooter] [#2]
Originally Posted By Canoeguy:

If anything should happen there will be a dozen over-eager guys just itching to spring into action and show you what their Taco can do. Or we have a tractor right there. But honestly you would have to try to get stuck. Don’t try to get stuck.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Just registered/paid, even if I end up not being able to make it, I'm all in for this type of gathering/event.

I imagine the original Knob Creek shoot started in a similar way.  I'm not saying this is the end goal of Canoeguy and crew, but that would be awesome.

Either way, I'll help and chip in where possible and needed.  I should be able to firm up my attendance by next week.

I'd be willing to offer up some door prizes as well.  Shoot me a PM when you get time, you might be overloaded so I'll work at your pace.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:02:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VortexSam] [#4]
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:20:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Canoeguy] [#5]
Originally Posted By VortexSam:

For sure! I will pass this info along and get something going!

@canoeguy
@StarCityShooter

Let me know what address/name you want it shipped to.
View Quote

That is awesome!

ETA: Just by coincidence, I literally put a Vortex on one of my rifles last night.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:42:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StarCityShooter] [#6]

For sure! I will pass this info along and get something going!

@canoeguy
@StarCityShooter

Let me know what address/name you want it shipped to.
View Quote

That is awesome!

ETA: Just by coincidence, I literally put a Vortex on one of my rifles last night.
View Quote

Thanks Sam! You guys are beyond awesome!!

ETA: I would say ship it to canoeguy since its his event and he will definitely be there.

Im just not sure if that part of VA gets deliveries
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 3:21:34 PM EDT
[#8]
@Canoeguy, do you happen to know if there are wooded areas good for slinging up and hammock camping vs. tent set up?
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By skydive70:
@Canoeguy, do you happen to know if there are wooded areas good for slinging up and hammock camping vs. tent set up?
View Quote

I'm guessing yes since OP posted this photo in the other thread.
Attachment Attached File

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Gauging-interest-in-a-meet-up-whiskey-experience-guns-gear-BS-weekend-campout-The-very-SW-tip-of-VA/5-2728729/&page=4
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for your business! We're happy to support. PM me an name and address and I will get it going.
View Quote

With that folks we have what is our second sponsor including Liberty Sport and Pawn! Really I guess our business makes three as we will certainly have some prizes as well. How awesome is that!

Link Posted: 6/14/2024 3:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I coughed up $25.

Link Posted: 6/14/2024 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#13]
@canoeguy

I dont think its been covered yet...is there a shitter plan?

Not sure if you want 200 dudes digging poop holes all over the wood line.

Just curious.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AndBen:
@canoeguy

Just curious.
View Quote

Read the OP again
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AndBen:
@canoeguy

Just curious.
View Quote

Yes. The fee is to cover porta-johns, shirts, and insurance.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#16]
My bad. Totally missed that part. Cool. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Yes. The fee is to cover porta-johns, shirts, and insurance.
View Quote

I'd prefer to dig a poop trench than use a porta-shitter.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By scrambler28:

I'd prefer to dig a poop trench than use a porta-shitter.
View Quote

My goal is to have enough to have them not be overwhelmed and to also have them cleaned out Saturday morning and start over. I dont like them either, but its my only option and we will do our best to keep them decent.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Tagged.

As I said in the original thread I really hope to make it but this far out I have no idea.

Still going to buy a ticket either way, just to help out.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#20]
How much is that gonna cost? No way $25/head will cover that...

I bet people will pay/donate more.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't always go into the Virginia. But when i do it's just the tip.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#22]

With that folks we have what is our second sponsor including Liberty Sport and Pawn! Really I guess our business makes three as we will certainly have some prizes as well. How awesome is that!

View Quote

So if I cant make it, can I get a leftover shirt for getting Vortex involved?
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:15:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ROCK6] [#23]
Wife gave me partial approval; ticket purchased. She won't make it, so I'll be likely going solo. Won't likely bring my wife's Woolly Bear trailer but my son's Taco could use some miles on it :-)

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:15:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ROCK6] [#24]
Double Post!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Car is fine. It’s a gravel road about 1/2 a mile back in and I will dress it up a bit with a tractor before the event. The fields are solid and unless there is a monsoon they should be easily driven on.  I have never used 4wd other than on the very bottom road that runs along the river and that can be pretty sandy but I don’t think we will utilize that for vehicles.

If anything should happen there will be a dozen over-eager guys just itching to spring into action and show you what their Taco can do. Or we have a tractor right there. But honestly you would have to try to get stuck. Don’t try to get stuck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

How is the access.. 4x4 truck needed or car ok?

Car is fine. It’s a gravel road about 1/2 a mile back in and I will dress it up a bit with a tractor before the event. The fields are solid and unless there is a monsoon they should be easily driven on.  I have never used 4wd other than on the very bottom road that runs along the river and that can be pretty sandy but I don’t think we will utilize that for vehicles.

So much for DK bringing his 911.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Tag to see how schedule goes.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I will be coming up from Mississippi for this.

Sounds fun as hell and i sure do love me some bourbon.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Glad you asked this because i also happen to be a hammock camper.

I have tents.... but a hammock is soooooo much more comfortable.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MyName1sMud:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2024 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

AMEN

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I won’t be able to get there Thursday. I will try and get that Friday off so I can head up early in the morning and try and be there by lunch on Friday. Do we want to do multiple land nav classes or just have a set time for everyone who wants to be there? Is anyone else coming who can help instruct, or am I going to be it?
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 7:31:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigtwin] [#32]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
1400 miles one way for me.
View Quote

Meh, I've done 1800 miles one way for an arf related get together, I even  drug my wife and daughter to it, more than once....and i'll do it again!
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:
I won’t be able to get there Thursday. I will try and get that Friday off so I can head up early in the morning and try and be there by lunch on Friday. Do we want to do multiple land nav classes or just have a set time for everyone who wants to be there? Is anyone else coming who can help instruct, or am I going to be it?
View Quote

I can probably help out, lets chat on the 22d.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#34]
@beitodesstrafe

If he goes, Ill definitely make sure I can go. Even if I have to go solo

Link Posted: 6/14/2024 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#35]
I am signed up and money forked over.   If you didn't see in the other thread, I am willing to pickup hitchhikers.   I will be coming from the Tip of Kentucky so many opportunities to jump aboard.  DM if interested.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 9:14:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

Last one I did it realized how much easier it would be if there was someone else to help out
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Got myself a ticket as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 9:55:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll help with LandNav as well.   Ticket bought.
Sorry for the person camping next to me if it's warm and I bring the camper I'll run my generator
Hoping it's nice and cool in the evenings for the event and I'll just pop a tent.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#39]
I think we are going to have a big attendance. We have 35 sold tickets and that doesn’t include me or probably 3-5 people I know are coming. So easily 40 people in the first 24 hours.

With that in mind I think having multiple classes/seminars on the same subject could be beneficial. However what I don’t want to do is overburden anyone and have their entire experience be working. So genuinely keeping the seminars to an hour or so I think would be great. Unless of course you just can’t structure it for that limited amount of time.

The land nav is a different animal and I will leave that up to you guys on what you want to do there.

I can about guarantee that the whiskey experience will take 3 hours or so with the latter part being more of a Q&A allowing those that want to filter away.

I know I really want to talk ham radios personally.

One other idea I was kicking around… a rifle painting session! Everyone is scared to do their first.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Are leashed dogs welcome ?
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JQ66:
Are leashed dogs welcome ?
View Quote

I love dogs, I have four. So I say dogs are absolutely welcome with two considerations.

1. Respect people’s personal space who don’t love dogs. (Though I don’t trust people who don’t love dogs)

2. Make sure your dog is truly friendly.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JustinU235:
Def interested. Will check work schedule tomorrow, I know I have some work related travel in the fall.
View Quote

In, even if it's just Friday afternoon through Sunday morning. If nothing else, 25 more dollars to the kitty. Please don't hesitate to PM if you need more assistance. Looks to be about a 4-5 hour drive from middle TN.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#43]
I think we are going to have a big attendance. We have 35 sold tickets and that doesn’t include me or probably 3-5 people I know are coming. So easily 40 people in the first 24 hours.

With that in mind I think having multiple classes/seminars on the same subject could be beneficial. However what I don’t want to do is overburden anyone and have their entire experience be working. So genuinely keeping the seminars to an hour or so I think would be great. Unless of course you just can’t structure it for that limited amount of time.

The land nav is a different animal and I will leave that up to you guys on what you want to do there.

I can about guarantee that the whiskey experience will take 3 hours or so with the latter part being more of a Q&A allowing those that want to filter away.

I know I really want to talk ham radios personally.

One other idea I was kicking around… a rifle painting session! Everyone is scared to do their first.
View Quote

Start with fun and comradery

No one wants to do a MBA style rigorous event schedule

I'd advocate have an RO, toilets and nothing else. The best things in life just happen. You'd probably end up with some random dish that's tradition. At Cola we had spicy noodles because a random guy brought them once. I went on a work fishing trip and a guy brought wings and we cooked them on the grill, and I found a bowl and tossed them in available hot sauce.

You can't make stuff fun, you have to let fun stuff happen, then it becomes tradition. The best stuff happens organically. Just let guys hang out, and you'll get good results
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:33:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone want a class on the "bang- bang" method of xenon oscillation control in a U235 reactor?
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Start with fun and comradery

No one wants to do a MBA style rigorous event schedule

I'd advocate have an RO, toilets and nothing else. The best things in life just happen. You'd probably end up with some random dish that's tradition. At Cola we had spicy noodles because a random guy brought them once. I went on a work fishing trip and a guy brought wings and we cooked them on the grill, and I found a bowl and tossed them in available hot sauce.

You can't make stuff fun, you have to let fun stuff happen, then it becomes tradition. The best stuff happens organically. Just let guys hang out, and you'll get good results
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2024 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone want a class on the "bang- bang" method of xenon oscillation control in a U235 reactor?
View Quote

Fuck yeah.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 12:51:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Signed up and looking forward to it! Thanks for putting it together.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 7:01:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

Fuck yeah.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

Fuck yeah.

X87!!!! do we need a dosimeter?

Link Posted: 6/15/2024 7:02:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#49]
Definitely want some HAM time and some info on setting up and using baefongs or whatever they are called
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#50]

In, even if it's just Friday afternoon through Sunday morning. If nothing else, 25 more dollars to the kitty. Please don't hesitate to PM if you need more assistance. Looks to be about a 4-5 hour drive from middle TN.
View All Quotes
Def interested. Will check work schedule tomorrow, I know I have some work related travel in the fall.

Same. I’m gonna try to get there Friday evening, but worse case will be early Saturday am.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top