BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know the officer in the video personally and will attest to the fact that he is a really good guy and deserves the opportunity for all of the facts to come out before the masses begin to rattle their pitchforks.

I obviously was not at this scene and I have not spoken to him about the incident, but knowing him and his character, I would assume there is much more to this story. I would be interested in seeing the body cam footage of the entire stop, not just the footage where the guy in the vehicle started to record.

Regardless of all of this, I feel that the comments about roid-raging and suggestions to the officer's steroid use were uncalled for. The guy loves to work out and frequents the gym often; the change in his physique being attributed to steroid use is reckless conjecture.
View Quote

So him stating 'feeling anabolic' was just a poor choice of words?
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know the officer in the video personally and will attest to the fact that he is a really good guy and deserves the opportunity for all of the facts to come out before the masses begin to rattle their pitchforks.

I obviously was not at this scene and I have not spoken to him about the incident, but knowing him and his character, I would assume there is much more to this story. I would be interested in seeing the body cam footage of the entire stop, not just the footage where the guy in the vehicle started to record.

Regardless of all of this, I feel that the comments about roid-raging and suggestions to the officer's steroid use were uncalled for. The guy loves to work out and frequents the gym often; the change in his physique being attributed to steroid use is reckless conjecture.
View Quote

I’d be embarrassed to know him.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would love to hear him articulate why he decided at the end of the stop that the people in the vehicle were armed AND dangerous.
Link Posted: 6/15/2024 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I would love to hear him articulate why he decided at the end of the stop that the people in the vehicle were armed AND dangerous.
View Quote

He didn't. He (miss)quoted PA v Mims which gives him the right to take anybody out of a car at any time.

In the video some assumptions are made:

1. The deputy assumes that the driver's pudgy hands are probable cause for a drug search.

2. John Bryan assumes that the deputy's increasing muscle mass and 'anabolic' facebook post mean that he is probably on steroids.

I think that if #2 is unfair, then #1 is even more unfair. Especially when an unlawful search and resulting arrest is more harmful to the driver and passenger than youtube ridicule is to the deputy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It’s all about the clicks. Then the usual suspects flock to it like yellowjackets to an open can of coke.
View Quote

Hey John @Lawyerup, next video use that sexy bitch of a Quaker on the oatmeal box to portray a cop.  You’ll have these boomers clicking so fast it ignites their nitroglycerin pills.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I believe you.  Lots of really good guys abuse their power at work every day.  I think it would be really cool to know the guy personally that gets a landmark civil rights case named after him.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#7]
#StopHandShaming

#FatHandsMatter

#BeHandPositive

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:17:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Pay them.

I wonder how many times the department has had to say that for this guy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:29:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It’s all about the clicks. Then the usual suspects flock to it like yellowjackets to an open can of coke.
View Quote

And the usual cock-gobblers show up as well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:41:28 AM EDT
[#10]
So did they find any drugs?

If not they better start writing the check.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:50:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd argue that checks aren't nearly enough. Subject the cop to the same shit they pulled without warning.  Multiple times.

Include the victim, and yes, the victim gets free reign without any repercussions.  Because that's what the passenger that was assaulted after the so was over was. A victim.  A victim of a state actor.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:53:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/this-gif-793.gif

He went over when the stop was over. He did not understand Mims ruling correctly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not saying that at all. My point is that we have only seen a sensationalized video created for clicks and not all of the evidence is available yet for public consumption. The additional evidence may exonerate the officer, it may not.

However, he should be afforded the opportunity for all of the facts to come out before he is tarred and feathered.

But we can tar and feather him after we know the facts?

My understanding is the cop said he saw swollen hands, which is an indicator of iv drug use (or so he says), so he wanted to make a drug bust.

That, and the supposed occupant’s shaking hands, obviously meant that they were druggies up to no good.

To me, it’s the case of a young cop wanting fame and glory, and occupants wanting to go on their way.

The stop was over.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/this-gif-793.gif

He went over when the stop was over. He did not understand Mims ruling correctly.

He didn't give a shit, because there's no effective feedback mechanism that makes it hurt personally when he does shit like this.

If there were painful personal consequences I'd bet there would be different actions taken.

And yes, I mean both painful and personal.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:56:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It’s funny how little guys always assume big guys are on steroids.

“Do work, son.”
View Quote

Um, that dude is on juice.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:56:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
is this one of the rare bad apples that spoil the bunch?
View Quote

No, there are plenty of bad lawyers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:14:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Do work, son.”

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:16:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

“Do work, son.”

He’s on juice and cocktails.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 2:59:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No, there are plenty of bad lawyers.
View Quote

I've never been pulled over and had to worry about one trying to ruin my life on the side of the road, tho.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 4:23:52 AM EDT
[#18]
That really gets you Off OP??
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That really gets you Off OP??
View Quote

Why does the posting of these videos bother some of you?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

The nurse had the pills he planned to take at work, just enough for that day, in a container which was not the original container with pharmacist's label on it as required by WV law.
In other words, the prescription drug equivalent of removing the tag from your mattress.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:19:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The nurse had the pills he planned to take at work, just enough for that day, in a container which was not the original container with pharmacist's label on it as required by WV law.
In other words, the prescription drug equivalent of removing the tag from your mattress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone that uses a weekly pill organizer can be arrested for what the victim was charged with.  Consolidate your prescription for the day in your pocket Ibuprofen bottle?  Straight to jail.  Most folks can’t wrap their head around how easy it is to get a felony drug arrest on your record until they go in to cuffs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's funny how little guys always assume big guys are on steroids.

"Do work, son."
View Quote

We typically figure it out when they completely lose control of the ability to think and act rationally and go into a roid rage.

They essentially act like low Impulse control and low IQ criminals.  Whatever, muscle advantage they gain is more than offset by losing their minds.

They trigger inappropriately and fuck up all the time.

Steroid monsters will get some other cop killed when dealing with an actual criminal and they lose their brains instead of timing the situation and being part of a team.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
His video stills piss me off. It's always a shirtless cop in a bullet proof vest that has nothing to do with the video.
View Quote
Yeah, I don't like the clickbait shots either.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
His video stills piss me off. It's always a shirtless cop in a bullet proof vest that has nothing to do with the video.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
That’s the clickbait part of the video to draw
You in
Do you seriously think a cop is going around like that?

Quoted:
Quoted:

And the usual cock-gobblers show up as well.

It's pretty obvious the pic is intentionally hyperbolic (anabolic?). The only people who don't "get it" are the ones who are butthurt about it.]

Quoted:

Your guy doesn't comprehend the case law he is citing. Mimms requires officer safety to be a prerequisite issue during a traffic stop investigation to elevating it a removing the occupants & conducting a search. Notice how he doesn't cite ay issues of officer safety in his report, nor does he even mention it in the interaction in the cam. He misinterprets the ruling in the case that he cites as allowing a broad license to conduct a removal & search. That's not what Mimms says. The vid demonstrates emotion & ego overruling substance & circumstance. Sorry, but your buy got this one wrong.

Here's another gem:

Gang of Cops Bully & Arrest 17-year-old Girl on the Drive Home From School
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I bet that drives clicks. I heard some YouTube marketing guy talking about it the goofy images and ridiculous titles must make money
View Quote

As long as the substance is legit & doesn't edit content to misrepresent the facts. An adult should be able to perceive that the pic is eye-catching hype, & I would assume AI-generation is afoot in these instances.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I bet that drives clicks. I heard some YouTube marketing guy talking about it the goofy images and ridiculous titles must make money
View Quote
I bet it does too.

I don't like the disingenuous representation of a real event especially one that involves police work, possible felonies and possible civil rights violations.

I generally find the actual content largely useful.

I think the click bait reorientations undermine legitimacy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I don't like the clickbait shots either.

One of the channels I watched had big yellow or green letters on the thumbnail(Lackluster I think) and I liked it because it helped me weed through the absolute mountain of dogshit police encounter videos but now lots of people use them. It's all about those clicks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
K, little guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted: Just the screen shot of his arm screams steroids.  There's steroid big, and natural big, that's steroid big.
K, little guy.

If the timeline given in the video is close then that coupled with his anabolic statement is more than enough to make me lean towards steroid use. I'm far from an expert but it's extremely common for men and women nowadays so I don't understand why you are treating it like it's impossible. There was context here.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He didn't. He (miss)quoted PA v Mims which gives him the right to take anybody out of a car at any time.

1. The deputy assumes that the driver's pudgy hands are probable cause for a drug search.

2. John Bryan assumes that the deputy's increasing muscle mass and 'anabolic' facebook post mean that he is probably on steroids.

I think that if #2 is unfair, then #1 is even more unfair. Especially when an unlawful search and resulting arrest is more harmful to the driver and passenger than youtube ridicule is to the deputy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then officer good guy assaulted someone because he didn't understand the law.
Good thing then that ignorance of the law is an excuse if you are paid to enforce the law.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:58:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
He's a piece of shit tyrant that needs to be fired. Fuck him
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Roid rage and actions attributing to it vs pudgy hands?

The usual suspects really need to get a grip. Hero was so out of his lane, but the concern for clicks about a funny caption photo really gets their lame assed focus.

Quite the culture. Fuck the public.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Cop needs to be fired and then find a new line of work.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Cop needs to be fired and then find a new line of work.
View Quote

The penalty for assault isn't to be fired.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Promotion then it is! He is a really swell guy around his co-workers so it's ok.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Clickbaiters should be flogged
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

What about thug enforcers who have no clue what they are legally doing?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tyrant cops should be dropped off in Ukraine
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
After the clickbaiters. There's only so much room, I need to prioritize.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
After the clickbaiters. There's only so much room, I need to prioritize.
View Quote

You do know that you can just skim over and not click right? Joe blow on the street has no other option. Nice to see where your priorities are.

I bet you're a really swell guy also?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You do know that you can just skim over and not click right? Joe blow on the street has no other option. Nice to see where your priorities are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:After the clickbaiters. There's only so much room, I need to prioritize.

Me? I'm a sinner who doesn't deserve forgiveness, but I've never posted or shared clickbait articles. A man has to have standards.

A shame, because by the comments the video is good content, but using a clickbait image to generate engagement should be discouraged.

ETA I'll give him a minor attaboy - no YouTube Face!
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

In most jobs, assaulting customers or coworkers results in terminations, arrests, and criminal prosecutions, in addition to civil suits against the employers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Steroids should be legal and over the counter.
Don’t care about the video or the cop.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:51:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Me? I'm a sinner who doesn't deserve forgiveness, but I've never posted or shared clickbait articles. A man has to have standards.

A shame, because by the comments the video is good content, but using a clickbait image to generate clicks should be discouraged.

ETA I'll give him a minor attaboy - no YouTube Face!
View Quote

Fair enough. I'm the same way about advertising about protecting and serving but we get this. Gangs are gangs, Crips, Bloods, whatever.

Still a swell guy but just not in public.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which of course we only know because officer anabolic illegally detained them, assaulted them and falsely arrested them.  

I'm generally pro-cop but this guy needs a new career after this garbage.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:06:52 PM EDT
[#47]
mis-edit thing
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:16:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Stupid fuckin kid.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:29:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Steroids should be legal and over the counter.
Don’t care about the video or the cop.
View Quote

Perhaps you can elucidate as to why you behaved the way you did in the video...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top