Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I was good till 50. Once I turned 50 I felt a reduction in strength and started seeing a reduction in size. Getting old blows, hard.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:41:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
40 is no big deal.  It's when you START to notice small things in your body, but the 40s are still perfectly.fine for most.

50s is when things really start to break, but if you stay on top of it, the 50s can still be great.  I am in my late 50s, and am the same weight (and general fitness) as when I was in the infantry at age 20.  It takes a LOT more work to maintain that, and there's a LOT more pain and aches.  But it is absolutely do-able.  The only question is whether or not you want to - or if it's too much effort, and it's just easier to let yourself go ... and become a weak fatty instead.

Ultimately it's all up to you*

* - unless fate decides to fuck you with some serious disease, cancer, or debilitating condition.  
View Quote

I'm early 50s and agree with everything you said. Shit hurts more at times but I'm at the gym 5 days a week and ripped. If you don't eat right and stay in shape, life's gonna start sucking more and those doctor visits are gonna get ugly.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
40 was nothing .
50 I realized 16hr shifts are out ...down to 12hr shifts .
Diet , sleep , and exercise needs extra attention at times .
If you have bad habits it's a good time to leave them behind because at 50,  T , GH , melatonin,  glutathione,  nutrient absorption,  kidney function ....are all going down .
View Quote

Seriously, nutrient absorption is definitely a thing. I eat well but for whatever reason B12 hates me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:54:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Im 70 where did 40 go ?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:58:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Seriously, nutrient absorption is definitely a thing. I eat well but for whatever reason B12 hates me.
View Quote

There’s the MTHFR thing.

“Individuals with MTHFR mutations may benefit from higher doses of B12, folate, and B6 to support optimal methylation and detoxification”
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:14:34 AM EDT
[#6]
For me at 40 there has been some realization that some of the things that I wanted in life just aren't going to happen.

I've been really fortunate where I work, I have always worked with "old guys" that were 50+.  They ALL bitched about wanting to retire ASAP and "fuck this place." Several took me aside and said, "You don't want to be stuck here til age 65." I tried to look ahead and save for retirement.

I suffered a stroke at 38 that put me out of work for 5 months. I really questioned if I could get back to where I was. Without 20/25 corrected vision my career is over. I made it back to work but 40 has really highlighted that I may need to bail out of my career at 50-55. Just focus on getting a job I enjoy rather that attaining the highest income possible.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top