User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We Loved Morgus!!  And Chopley (Allegedly a Saint Bernard Deputy) And the Skeleton!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn9EVcSdKAs

@Jambalaya
View Quote

My dad told me he had been friends with the original Chopsley actor.  Dad used to work at one of the TV stations in town working on their broadcast equipment.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Check Svengoolie's offerings on MeTV at 8PM Eastern Saturdays. Last night he aired "The Pit And The Pendulum" w/Vincent Price.
It's also on other channels and streaming.

"The Man From Planet X"
"X The Unknown"
"The Blob" It was Steve McQueen's first leading role.
Not horror, but vintage sci-fi, "Destination Moon"
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You just missed a Rodger Corman American International Pictures classic with Vincent Price "The Pit and the Pendulum" last night. The 1961 classic is based on the Edgar Allen Poe story.

Every Saturday night horror host Rich Koz "Svengoolie" presents another classic with next week's movie is the "Leech Woman" (1960). Svengoolie is a family friendly two and a half hours of dad jokes and old movies. I haven't missed one in years now.

View Quote

You and I share the same taste in TV horror.  We get it on MeTV.  The missus and I call it CheeseTV.  

Sven is The Man.  I especially enjoy his knowledge of horror film minutiae.  He's a walking encyclopedia.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]
"Donovan's Brain"
"The Fall Of The House Of Usher"
"Hound Of The Baskervilles"
"The Portrait Of Dorian Gray"
"The Thing From Another World" The monster was played by James Arness (Gunsmoke).
The original "King Kong"
"Mighty Joe Young"
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Abominable Doctor Phibes - Vincent Price.   IIRC there was also a 2nd
View Quote

There is a sequel, not quite as good but very watchable

TADP is one of my favorite camp horror flicks. The other is The Fearless Vampire Killers, with Sharon Tate and Roman Polanski.

Serious cult classic.
The Abominable Dr Phibes Trailer (1971)
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not Necessarily from your actor list, OP, but these are fun.

Them
The Creature from the Black Lagoon (but skip the sequels)
The Incredible Shrinking Man (it disturbed me as a kid)
The Blob
The Monster that challenged the World
The Giant Claw

View Quote

Another I remember watching as a kid was The Crawling Eye.  Kind of cheesy now but still a fun watch.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 1:11:14 PM EDT
[#7]
"The House Of Wax" w/ Vincent Price. It was one of the experimental 3D films of the '50s but it's every bit as good when shown in conventional 2D.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:07:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"Donovan's Brain"
"The Fall Of The House Of Usher"
"Hound Of The Baskervilles"
"The Portrait Of Dorian Gray"
"The Thing From Another World" The monster was played by James Arness (Gunsmoke).
The original "King Kong"
"Mighty Joe Young"
View Quote

We watched The Oblong Box with Price and Lee on Plex yesterday. That was a good one.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You and I share the same taste in TV horror.  We get it on MeTV.  The missus and I call it CheeseTV.  

Sven is The Man.  I especially enjoy his knowledge of horror film minutiae.  He's a walking encyclopedia.
View Quote

Much love for Sven.

Wholesome family entertainment isn't very common today.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 7:51:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Wolfman
View Quote

“He’ll rip your throat out, Jim.”

Plus, the old Gypsy fortune-teller, played by Russian gypsy Maria Ospenskia, stole that film from Lon Chaney. She was actually in a number of those Old School 1930s/1940s horror movies.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I remember seeing bits and pieces as a kid on Sunday afternoons. Lots of creepy atmospheric suspense and dread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I watched these guys every Saturday night as a kid. The movie were on right before going off air for the night.

I remember seeing bits and pieces as a kid on Sunday afternoons. Lots of creepy atmospheric suspense and dread.

Carnival of Souls (1962) is full of atmospheric suspense and dread.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#12]
The most popular Frankenstein movie of all time was Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein.  I watch these old movies on my Roku.  Cat people is a good one.  The Return of Doctor X is not bad
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Watched all of those growing up. Every Saturday afternoon with Sir Graves Ghastly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Graves_Ghastly

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Now I is afeared.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Those were the days. Many of them scared the crap out of me when I was young.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#16]
It would probably be easier to just look up the movies they were in and grab a few off the list. I don't recall being disappointed watching any of their movies. These guys were the kings of horror movies back in the day.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Teenager From Outer Space
 The Black Scorpion
  Earth Vs The Flying Saucers
  Robot Monster
   BTW, for a real hoot, watch the MST3K send ups on these movies.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Coffin Joe movies were pretty good too.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:40:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein is a good light hearted classic monster romp
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

...BTW, for a real hoot, watch the MST3K send ups on these movies.
View Quote

Where are they available? I haven't been able to find any.

While not truly a horror flic, Fritz Lang's 1927 film "Metropolis" is definitely weird.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:16:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

While not truly a horror flic, Fritz Lang's 1927 film "Metropolis" is definitely weird.
https://www.hollywoodchicago.com/sites/default/files/metropolis_poster2010.jpg
View Quote

The first time I saw Metropolis, it was the Georgio Moroder version. Metropolis with a modern soundtrack...

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#22]
When I was a kid in Northern California...on the weird VHF channel that you could only get if you had the rabbit ears touching the toaster...

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are two versions of this film - one shows the underclass as exploited workers, the other kind of hides it a little.

There is a third version that is the one with the exploited workers where they added a modern rock sound track. <- this is the one to watch.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:05:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

There are two versions of this film - one shows the underclass as exploited workers, the other kind of hides it a little.

There is a third version that is the one with the exploited workers where they added a modern rock sound track. <- this is the one to watch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the edition I posted a link to in post #21.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's the edition I posted a link to in post #21.
View Quote

My bad, I didn't follow the link....

as a side note - The movie "Things to Come" was done as a sort of FU to Metropolis. I don't remember the exact details, but there was some kind of battle going on between the studios.

Both are good movies.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top