User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They're almost as gay as 7.62x39 ARs.

Don't get me started on tranny .223 AKs.
View Quote

This guy knows what's up
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Travis Haley disagrees.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Bruh it be like super silly silent.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- It's kinda quiet but overstated quiet. (300blk bros always overstate how quiet it is)
- The ballistic tables are ridiculous to look at
- it can blow up your other ARs
- "You can use supersonic bro" Okay then what's the point of the round?

Lol. @Notcalifornialegal

Tell ur boy how quiet it is.

I shot Ben's at an APC event with smolCog

I liked the mini acog better than the cartridge. The ballistics are downright ridiculous

It's so quiet it absorbs the sound of rounds fired near it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- It's kinda quiet but overstated quiet. (300blk bros always overstate how quiet it is)
- The ballistic tables are ridiculous to look at
- it can blow up your other ARs
- "You can use supersonic bro" Okay then what's the point of the round?

Lol. @Notcalifornialegal

Tell ur boy how quiet it is.

I shot Ben's at an APC event with smolCog

I liked the mini acog better than the cartridge. The ballistics are downright ridiculous

It's a total meme
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Its overrated. But shooting steel targets with suppressed 300blk subs under nods is tits.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sir the military makes all kinds of stupid and gay decisions with small arms. We are successful in spite of the gay acquisition process, not because of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes. Garand Thumb made a video. He obviously knows what he’s talking about and is one hundred percent not just throwing bullshit content out there so he can get paid. There’s no way this is a gross oversimplification of what goes into selecting a caliber.

The people who carry 300BO overseas are probably ignorant.

Sir the military makes all kinds of stupid and gay decisions with small arms. We are successful in spite of the gay acquisition process, not because of it.

You’re not wrong.
Generally speaking the special operations types do a lil’ better with their purchases.

Generally speaking
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
LOL!  An insufficient cartridge, your funeral! By the way, have you seen my new <11 inch 5.56!
View Quote

This is an excellent point about why 556 SBRs are also gay and 99.9% of the site will never kick in doors so 14.5-18" 556 rifles are fantastic.

Correct.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just get a marked ejection port cover to make sure you dont confuse your 556/300 rifles.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123862/IMG_0146_jpeg-3243116.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop not liking what I like or I'll find some asshole on youtube making a gay video supporting my point of view.

Just get a marked ejection port cover to make sure you dont confuse your 556/300 rifles.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/123862/IMG_0146_jpeg-3243116.JPG

I don't own either 556 or 300 rifles. That dust cover could be official merch for these kinds of threads though.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He did supersonic and it's still trash because the round is trash
View Quote

I have 2 300blk AR's, I never shoot them

Might sell them
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Thinks he shot ‘the best’ blackout ammo.  What is this, 2009?  Clickbait baited clickers. Cha ching.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You’re not wrong.
Generally speaking the special operations types do a lil’ better with their purchases.

Generally speaking
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes. Garand Thumb made a video. He obviously knows what he’s talking about and is one hundred percent not just throwing bullshit content out there so he can get paid. There’s no way this is a gross oversimplification of what goes into selecting a caliber.

The people who carry 300BO overseas are probably ignorant.

You’re not wrong.

Generally speaking

Keep developing all cool support stuff, airpower, drones, artillery, etc.

Only two small arms trees needed. AR tree, 1911 tree.

2011 handguns, AR15/SR25s and call it a day
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#13]
OP suffers from 300BO derangement syndrome.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I like it. I also don't claim that it's anything special because it's not. It's fun, shooting shit is fun. Shooting shit with different things is fun.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I have 3 (SBR, pistol, and bolt action). I'm happy with the caliber regardless of what other people think of it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That Arizona shooting where their Rattlers failed to penetrate the guys soft armor and jammed on top of it was pretty eye opening.

Shit may look cool on Instagram but 300BO is the 32ACP of rifles.
View Quote

I that the one in Mesa outside the taco shop?

cop is standing on the hood of the SUV, when he took out the guy?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:39:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not inaccurate. I really hate it. Like I hate it so much that it existing bothers me.

You are correct.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
2100fps from a 7.5” barrel with a bullet that will expand out to 300m (iirc).
Niche yes, but it works for me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177960/IMG_0695_jpeg-3243111.JPG
View Quote

What load are you getting 2100fps from a 7.5" barrel?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stupid video is stupid.

"I wonder how comparing sub sonic to super sonic will turn out?"

The niche thing that .300BLK does is have decent ballistics in a sub 10" barrel so it still has a short OAL with a suppressor.

I normally like his videos, but this one is dumb. He can hit shit at 300 yards without magnification and doesn't understand basic ballistics.

Except it isn't and even "Dr Thumb" doesn't say anything so stupid. All he says is "super violent" and "very effective." For zero stated reasons, he declares the 10.5 5.56 the "goat"... But a more fair and direct comparison would be a 7.5 to a 7.5... Unless your reason for a short barreled rifle is some other thing than to be short.

Then he proceeds to the grandest display of ignorance... Comparing subs to supers.

Those are the types of comparisons, analysis and answers I would expect from a woman or an air force instagram gun dude.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not inaccurate. I really hate it. Like I hate it so much that it existing bothers me.

You are correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct.

You'd really hate my Remington 700 in .300 then!
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I think of it as kind of an m1 carbine round with some upgrades . I still don't have one . I did get a 277 wolverine which is superior in super mode .
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Except it isn't and even "Dr Thumb" doesn't say anything so stupid. All he says is "super violent" and "very effective." For zero stated reasons, he declares the 10.5 5.56 the "goat"... But a more fair and direct comparison would be a 7.5 to a 7.5... Unless your reason for a short barreled rifle is some other thing than to be short.

Then he proceeds to the grandest display of ignorance... Comparing subs to supers.

Those are the types of comparisons, analysis and answers I would expect from a woman or an air force instagram gun dude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stupid video is stupid.

"I wonder how comparing sub sonic to super sonic will turn out?"

The niche thing that .300BLK does is have decent ballistics in a sub 10" barrel so it still has a short OAL with a suppressor.

I normally like his videos, but this one is dumb. He can hit shit at 300 yards without magnification and doesn't understand basic ballistics.

He was required to do gay comparisons when discussing a gay round.

This is called a double blind study and it's science
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Noooooooooooo but it's quiet and ineffective and can blow up your gun but also if you want u can use supersonic bullets, totally negating the point of the cartridge and then it still won't be as good
View Quote

Why would it blow up my gun? Short of slamming a .300 blk into a 5.56 chamber...

.300 whisper/blackout was never meant to compete with 5.56.  It's a specialty cartridge. Hell I have a .300 whisper bolt gun specifically for the ability to supress and its limited range .

Comparing them doesn’t really mean much. If anything it should be Comparing it to a pistol cal carbine or at most 7.62x39

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Meh, if you don't like it don't buy a firearm chambered in it.
I picked up a couple to see how they were and I like the 8" pistol over an 8" 5.56.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:43:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No joke I would rather have a suppressed 9mm or 45ACP subgun than 300Fagout
View Quote

The internet demands a gel test of the best 300blk subsonic HP's against standard .45 HST
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct.

I would.

A time tested action like that deserves a proper cartridge.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:43:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2100fps from a 7.5” barrel with a bullet that will expand out to 300m (iirc).
Niche yes, but it works for me.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/177960/IMG_0695_jpeg-3243111.JPG

I have an 8” that clocks a little over 2100fps with Barnes 110gr in 61* ambient temps.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see a 7.5” at or around there, especially in warmer temps.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Meh, if you don't like it don't buy a firearm chambered in it.
I picked up a couple to see how they were and I like the 8" pistol over an 8" 5.56.
View Quote

I won't, but I'm still going to tell the internet how much I dislike it

Just like 30 StupidCarry.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#29]
So, uh.....

A .350 Legend will fit in an AR, with a 20" you can push a 165FTX at 2500' or faster (I do it regularly) with book loads, this should translate to over 2000' even from a 7.5" barrel. Or 2400'+ from a 16". For a hunting setup that'll retain 1000+ ft/lbs of energy out to 250 yards. The .300BO won't touch that. Not even close. It's hands-down a superior cartridge in terms of power inside of 300 yards - and nobody is seriously using .300BO beyond 300 yards as a primary role.

The .350 Legend will also launch bigger/heavier subs than the .300BO. 255 grains > 220 grains, and  .35 holes > .30 holes.

If you want a serious CQB thumper that can shoot subs and supers, skip the .300BO and get a .350 Legend.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I just got my first .300 blackout, an Sig Rattler, to fill the only role i think the cartridge makes sense for, a PDW/small travel gun.

Other than that, 5.56 all day every day.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:46:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Hello I'm 30 StupidCarry. I have insane pressures for no reason but I can fit two more rounds.

You know what else fits two more rounds? A really small magazine extension.

Wow it's trash
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok, so not better than a MK18.

Better than an MP5 maybe? I think I would rather be running a 300 Body Odor than a 9mm. Plus I like the M-16 manual of arms more than the HK flap and slap.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This makes sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No joke I would rather have a suppressed 9mm or 45ACP subgun than 300Fagout

This makes sense.

Yes if...

you are going to only shoot piss weak subs (which are 99% dumb)

And if you can find a reliable PCC (most aren't)

Then the ammo for your oversized and piss weak pistol is easier to find and cheaper.

300BLK subs is mostly a range toy Instagram fag thing. And dumbasses who care more about staying quiet and hearing protection, during home defense, than ballistics. It has a few specialty hunting applications and could be useful for a few real world ninjas.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#34]
People ought to stop liking what the haters hate.

We ought to love only the cartridges created by the people who hate the .300.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:47:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn it Skg_Mre_Lght
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#36]
I had a .300 BLK SBR a few years ago. It was a cool concept, but the point was to replace 9mm subguns for sneaky boi times (subsonics) where you can switch to a moderately useful round (supersonics) with just a mag change when you're compromised.

The problem is that it's planning to fail as a contingency on sneaky boi times. Supers are for when you mess up and have to try to not die. They're not a primary choice. I'd prefer to use my 9mm sub gun that stays quiet and just don't suck.

Of course, your zero changes drastically when you switch from subs to supers. And it's expensive to shoot. And 5.56 is awesome in general. And 147 grain 9mm is awesome suppressed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is pretty accurate, not gonna lie.

I will guide you with a simple system of gay and not gay
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Sold my .308 battle rifle went down the 300BO rabbit hole and never looked  back.  If you're intimidated by the 300BO, don't get on board, it is of no consequence to me. I'll keep my covert hole puncher that shoots things farther away than I plan on walking.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Of course, your zero changes drastically when you switch from subs to supers. And it's expensive to shoot. And 5.56 is awesome in general. And 147 grain 9mm is awesome suppressed.
View Quote

All valid reasons why 300Fagout is gay
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#40]
OP recently found documentation that his great granddad hated .30-40 Krag in addition to horseless carriages!
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:51:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sold my .308 battle rifle went down the 300BO rabbit hole and never looked  back.  If you're intimidated by the 300BO, don't get on board, it is of no consequence to me. I'll keep my covert hole puncher that shoots things farther away than I plan on walking.
View Quote

"I turned my back on the west to embrace a meme that does nothing. "

I'm not intimidated, but disgusted
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

The fags have all moved on to 6 ARC and 277 Fury. This only tweaked the 4 remaining boomers who aren’t napping and still sober.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
OP recently found documentation that his great granddad hated .30-40 Krag.
View Quote

Fantastic joke. (Seriously. 45-70 was better)
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#44]
I've never heard anything as quiet as a B&T SPR300 with subs. An SR-30 with the new KAC can and subs maybe the most fun AR I have ever shot.

.300 is a niche round thats decent in very specific applications. Outside of those applications its not that great.

Not surprising at all that people love or hate it without understanding or acknowledging its limitations that are pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The fags have all moved on to 6 ARC and 277 Fury. This only tweaked the 4 remaining boomers who aren’t napping and still sober.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

277 Fury total meme.

6ARC is an expensive meme as well. Cooler, but still a meme
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've never heard anything as quiet as a B&T SPR300 with subs. An SR-30 with the new KAC can and subs maybe the most fun AR I have ever shot.

.300 is a niche round thats decent in very specific applications. Outside of those applications its not that great.

Not surprising at all that people love or hate it without understanding or acknowledging its limitations that are pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain.  

View Quote

See this is what I'm talking about. Everyone knows 22 is the quietest. We know this from experience and also the fact there's more mass with larger guns.

But 300FO guys will claim BRO MOST QUIETEST EVER. It's not.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:56:30 PM EDT
[#47]
So for pride month we focus on a tranny round?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#48]
300hamr is waaaay butter ??
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Its overrated. But shooting steel targets with suppressed 300blk subs under nods is tits.
View Quote

pop........ DING

giggle
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#50]
meh, it works well enough for my application(s)

Attachment Attached File
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top