BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That’s what I use 5.7 littledick for. The sandwich makers love it.  With a can it’s quieter than a dying gun forum and no nail breaking recoil.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
300fagout excels at one thing: fun range day for new shooters.  That's all I use it for, but if I had to use it for hunting or HD I wouldn't cry about it.

That’s what I use 5.7 littledick for. The sandwich makers love it.  With a can it’s quieter than a dying gun forum and no nail breaking recoil.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Tell me you don’t Barnes without telling me you don’t Barnes. Oh, wait, subs? You thought you’d kill a wild animal with subs?
View Quote

What are you talking about?

Both were using supersonic ammo.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Any time the internet gun culture gives me a chance to advance my own personal hatred of cartridges, I grab that bull by the horns.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stupid video is stupid.

"I wonder how comparing sub sonic to super sonic will turn out?"

The niche thing that .300BLK does is have decent ballistics in a sub 10" barrel so it still has a short OAL with a suppressor.

I normally like his videos, but this one is dumb. He can hit shit at 300 yards without magnification and doesn't understand basic ballistics.

He did supersonic and it's still trash because the round is trash

Except it isn't and even "Dr Thumb" doesn't say anything so stupid. All he says is "super violent" and "very effective." For zero stated reasons, he declares the 10.5 5.56 the "goat"... But a more fair and direct comparison would be a 7.5 to a 7.5... Unless your reason for a short barreled rifle is some other thing than to be short.

Then he proceeds to the grandest display of ignorance... Comparing subs to supers.

Those are the types of comparisons, analysis and answers I would expect from a woman or an air force instagram gun dude.

He was required to do gay comparisons when discussing a gay round.

This is called a double blind study and it's science

Well if the intent is to rediscover the creation of the AIDS virus, then you guys are well on your way.

Any time the internet gun culture gives me a chance to advance my own personal hatred of cartridges, I grab that bull by the horns.

But why wait?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Tell me you don’t Barnes without telling me you don’t Barnes. Oh, wait, subs? You thought you’d kill a wild animal with subs?
View Quote

Well, it killed bin Laden.  300 AAC BO subs excell at one thing:  close range.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My M&P15-22 does that, too.

I bet it has more energy than .300 subs.
View Quote

Lol...not a physics major I see.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve seen quite a few people killed with it…. Works for me
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lol...not a physics major I see.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:43:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I was 5 feet away from a fellow with handi-rifle shooting subs. I heard the hammer fall and thought he misfired. Then I heard the dirt thwack.

"Hollywood quiet" was louder.
View Quote

Single shots are amazing for suppressed shooting.  I have a 30-30 that's easy to load for, as well as 44mag and 45/70.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Overrated as I figured, and no, you're not going to be fighting inside a closet so the few inches you sacrifice is a bad argument
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

AAC 110GR VMAX is virtually the same price as AAC 75Grain 556 which is virtually the same price as the cheapest 6.8 SPC... And at close range they all pretty much do the same thing.

So who could be stupid enough to buy all 3?
View Quote

6.8 is decent in short barrels and for more than close but it’s powder load has more blast for a given barrel length.  It should be more popular. If larp-boy had compared a 10” 6.8 to 5.56 he could really get his jello jiggling.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I use mine to shoot cast bullets at steel up close with otherwise a clone of my HD rifle. Works well for that.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Regardless of one’s feelings about 5.56 vs .300, I think we can all agree that 11.15x58R Austrian Werndl SHOULD have become the standard cartridge.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Pikers.. .510 Whisper is where its at.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#14]
300 BO is old news, it's all 8.6 now.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:48:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I assumed an ass out myself then. I apologize for the snark.

Every meat target is a law of physics unto itself. What kind of supersonic blackout bullet didn’t perform may I ask?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Buncha people bought these this weekend

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:50:54 PM EDT
[#17]
My Nomad L makes a big difference.   My more utility cans did not make it impressive as far as sound.

It makes sense to me with a 8.5 barrel, Nomad L, and expanding subs.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

But why wait?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stupid video is stupid.

"I wonder how comparing sub sonic to super sonic will turn out?"

The niche thing that .300BLK does is have decent ballistics in a sub 10" barrel so it still has a short OAL with a suppressor.

I normally like his videos, but this one is dumb. He can hit shit at 300 yards without magnification and doesn't understand basic ballistics.

He did supersonic and it's still trash because the round is trash

Except it isn't and even "Dr Thumb" doesn't say anything so stupid. All he says is "super violent" and "very effective." For zero stated reasons, he declares the 10.5 5.56 the "goat"... But a more fair and direct comparison would be a 7.5 to a 7.5... Unless your reason for a short barreled rifle is some other thing than to be short.

Then he proceeds to the grandest display of ignorance... Comparing subs to supers.

Those are the types of comparisons, analysis and answers I would expect from a woman or an air force instagram gun dude.

He was required to do gay comparisons when discussing a gay round.

This is called a double blind study and it's science

Well if the intent is to rediscover the creation of the AIDS virus, then you guys are well on your way.

But why wait?

I have been calling it 300FAGOUT for years
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#19]
On a serious note, I bet Leviathan got paid by Discreet Ballistics to use their ammo in a video so that's the real reason he made this video.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I use it in with subs in a bolt gun with a can, and it's definitely VERY quiet.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Single shots are amazing for suppressed shooting.  I have a 30-30 that's easy to load for, as well as 44mag and 45/70.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was 5 feet away from a fellow with handi-rifle shooting subs. I heard the hammer fall and thought he misfired. Then I heard the dirt thwack.

"Hollywood quiet" was louder.

In a Handi Rifle a 90 grain .309” XTP over 3-4 grains of Tite Group or Trail Boss is also super quiet through a suppressor.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

300 Eldest Son candidate checking in.

Good luck, I recommend upping your street IQ on this subject.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would it blow up my gun? Short of slamming a .300 blk into a 5.56 chamber...

300 Eldest Son candidate checking in.

Good luck, I recommend upping your street IQ on this subject.

Gee idk if I need to... I haven't blown up any of my shit.  Do you have a home range or are you packing up multiple rifles on range trips?  Not sure how I'd confuse a 16" guns with lpvos with a 10.5" sbr and an aimpoint or bolt gun but whatever.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
it has a niche roll.
View Quote

This.

It's far from perfect but there is no one size fits all/does everything tool.

If you want to kill something within a moderate distance and draw no attention to yourself .300 BO does not totally suck.

Spend the time to find the sub round it likes, find the zero that works for you and know the point of impact difference when switching to supers and move on with your life.

110/120 grain Barnes VOR-TX doesn't suck.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#24]
7.62x39 > .300 eldest son. I got a bunch of the brown bear 7.62x39 subs, while not expanding has better ballistics than most .300blk subs. (Not terminal ballistics, I'm not delusional)
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well I assumed an ass out myself then. I apologize for the snark.

Every meat target is a law of physics unto itself. What kind of supersonic blackout bullet didn’t perform may I ask?
View Quote

I don't remember the Blackout load. It was a borrowed gun. The owner wanted me to try it out on deer. The day before I shot a nearly identical deer with 123 SST in my Grendel and it was a more significant impact, in my layman's view.

It still got the job done, but it's fun to make fun of it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
300 BO is old news, it's all 8.6 now.
View Quote

No bullshit on my maybe list.

Let's take a 338 Lapua and SPIN THE FUCK OUT OF IT
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've only taken two deer. One with a 16" AR-15 in 6.5 Grendel and the other in an 18" suppressed bolt-action .300 Blackout.

Identical impacts just behind the shoulder at 100 yards. The Grendel DRT'ed the deer and the Blackout deer ran 50 yards before laying down.

I rule .300 Blackout gay and inferior.

Fwiw running 50 yards is pretty normal for lung shot deer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Thread title edited, must've offended some folks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
On a serious note, I bet Leviathan got paid by Discreet Ballistics to use their ammo in a video so that's the real reason he made this video.
View Quote

100% shenanigans are involved. I only started this thread to spread hate, like a good conservative should
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a 7.62x39mm pistol AR with an F1 can. It's pretty quiet.
I don't have a need for 300 BO.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I liked 300 Blackout better when it was called 300 Whisper, but apparently it wasn't cool back then.  
View Quote

JD Jones isn’t a big self-promoter
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Thread title edited, must've offended some folks.
View Quote

I get it, I'm not really mad. I just called out 300Fagout in the title.

I didn't get a warning or anything, there's a pretty long standing arfcom tradition of "the inside of the thread can use worse wording than the title of the thread" it's not COC but it's pretty well known
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#33]
My 8.5 runs on every load I've put in it except Trail Boss.

Trail Boss requires cycling the bolt manually. In that case I run a Kali-Key.

But mostly just having subsonic range fun with cheap 147/150's and 13.3 grains CFE-BLK at about 1050 fps.

The 115-grain supers with the Gucci Lehigh bullets at about 1950 fps seem like they would fuck some shit up pretty good too. Don't give up your earpro.

Folks that hate the home-rolled Form 1 Quietbore suppressor can suck it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Holy crap, I didn't even make it 4 minutes into the video.

125gr OTM for 300blk?  Who the fuck uses 125gr OTM for ANYTHING except range time in 300blk?  If someone is shooting 125gr out of 300blk, it will be with a barrel on the longer side, and will be 125gr SST or 125gr Nosler Ballistic Tip or something like that.

There are million "300blk best ammo" threads available, and the top answers a ALWAYS 110gr Barnes Tac-tx, 110gr V-max/Varmageddon, with the new 110gr PSA AAC/Sabre black tip coming in strong because it is basically V-max with a slightly thicker jacket.

Yeah, let's compare a round no one shoots (125gr OTM) and subs out of a 6.75" barrel to some of the top rounds 5.56 has to offer (77gr OTM and 77gr SMK) out of a 10.3" barrel.

I think I'm going to do a comparison of 115gr Controlled Chaos out of a 10.3" 300blk barrel to maybe some M193s out of a 6.75" 5.56 barrel.  I wonder how that will turn out?

----------
On a side note, I would still like to see an after action report on the shooting in AZ to find out what the hell went wrong.  What ammo were they using? What mags were they using? etc.  That was not a good look.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#35]
6.8 > .300FagOut
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Unapologetic 300 BLK fan here. Fun and versatile if you understand it's strengths and weaknesses. Haters can go fly a kite.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I’ve seen quite a few people killed with it…. Works for me
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

In a Handi Rifle a 90 grain .309” XTP over 3-4 grains of Tite Group or Trail Boss is also super quiet through a suppressor.
View Quote

I have a Contender and CVA

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
how much money does GT earn from all of his videos being posted here?
View Quote

If the plaid daddy speaketh, it must be true…
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#41]
It's meant to be short, sub, with a .30cal can. If you aren't doing those three, it's kinda pointless.

I have one, I really like it. It's my go-to for a house rifle. But it's not a one-round for everything round. For the big hypothetical shootout in the street that this place jerks it to, .223 or .308 is what I'll bring.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
7.62x39 > .300 eldest son. I got a bunch of the brown bear 7.62x39 subs, while not expanding has better ballistics than most .300blk subs. (Not terminal ballistics, I'm not delusional)
View Quote

The problem with that is Commie rifle designs are inferior.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
300 Fagout LMAO!!

Is this like 6.5 Manbun?
View Quote

.300 Fagout is the "catcher" in that relationship.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hello I'm 30 StupidCarry. I have insane pressures for no reason but I can fit two more rounds.

You know what else fits two more rounds? A really small magazine extension.

Wow it's trash
View Quote

A lot of 9x19ers will use the +P+ variant in arguing that it can do everything something else can do.
And then there's the fallback of "it's cheaper", which is true against anything other than 22LR, so there's no point in engaging it these conversations.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I would.

A time tested action like that deserves a proper cartridge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP suffers from 300BO derangement syndrome.

Not inaccurate. I really hate it. Like I hate it so much that it existing bothers me.

You are correct.

You'd really hate my Remington 700 in .300 then!

I would.

A time tested action like that deserves a proper cartridge.

Yeah.  Don't tell Fluffy about that
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Fwiw running 50 yards is pretty normal for lung shot deer.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:16:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
6.8 > .300FagOut
View Quote

Based
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Now a pic thread for all the haters to seethe over.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're referencing what we call a double gay paradox
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yes. Garand Thumb made a video. He obviously knows what he’s talking about and is one hundred percent not just throwing bullshit content out there so he can get paid. There’s no way this is a gross oversimplification of what goes into selecting a caliber.

The people who carry 300BO overseas are probably ignorant.
View Quote

I'd argue anyone carrying 300BO in that line of work is actually part of the relatively small user group for which it was designed.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top