BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If the plaid daddy speaketh, it must be true…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
how much money does GT earn from all of his videos being posted here?

If the plaid daddy speaketh, it must be true…

In truth, he probably makes $5-10 on views from arfcom.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
300 BLK is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

I tried to kill a deer with a ballistic chart once, but it just made it mad.  Whipped out my big black…tipped Barnes and dropped him in his tracks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now a pic thread for all the haters to seethe over.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/576591/image_50359553_JPG-3109839.jpg
View Quote

Either you're proud of it, which is gay.

Or you realize you'll explode your guns if you don't put 300Fagout on the dust cover.

Either way. Wew
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fwiw running 50 yards is pretty normal for lung shot deer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've only taken two deer. One with a 16" AR-15 in 6.5 Grendel and the other in an 18" suppressed bolt-action .300 Blackout.

Identical impacts just behind the shoulder at 100 yards. The Grendel DRT'ed the deer and the Blackout deer ran 50 yards before laying down.

I rule .300 Blackout gay and inferior.

Tell me you don’t Barnes without telling me you don’t Barnes. Oh, wait, subs? You thought you’d kill a wild animal with subs?

100% truth
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

JD Jones isn’t a big self-promoter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I liked 300 Blackout better when it was called 300 Whisper, but apparently it wasn't cool back then.  

JD Jones isn’t a big self-promoter

Honestly, the rise of .300 Blackout is truly a testament to the power of good marketing.

@WhiskersTheCat somehow I don't think .300 Fagout is going to catch on.  But what about another spin of the marketing wheel and rename it to .300 Black Lives Matter ?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
100% truth
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've only taken two deer. One with a 16" AR-15 in 6.5 Grendel and the other in an 18" suppressed bolt-action .300 Blackout.

Identical impacts just behind the shoulder at 100 yards. The Grendel DRT'ed the deer and the Blackout deer ran 50 yards before laying down.

Tell me you don't Barnes without telling me you don't Barnes. Oh, wait, subs? You thought you'd kill a wild animal with subs?

100% truth
Agreed. I feel lung shot after running 50 yards.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
300 BLK is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

I tried to kill a deer with a ballistic chart once, but it just made it mad.  Whipped out my big black…tipped Barnes and dropped him in his tracks.
View Quote

God is great and all the goodness in the world.

None of which is 300Fagout
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#8]

I've always wanted to pick up a used contender but they have eluded me for decades. When I do come across one its usually in some real odd caliber and way over priced. Like an 8" .35 Remington or something equally wtf. I keep telling myself I'll find one eventually.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He did supersonic and it's still trash because the round is trash
View Quote

He did not use a good bullet. He used a 125 grain hollow pint meant for 308. That out of the 6 inch barrel probably gave him 1800 fps.

So right off the bat he screwed the test up. Then he used one of the better 5.56 bullets as his baseline.  Heck even using 55 grain fmj he said it was about equal to sub 300. I don't believe that but again he did not use a premium bullet to compare to a premium bullet.

I like GT but this video was designed to fail the 300.

Also I am not saying 300 is gods caliber it works well when it's wheel house.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#10]
We all know that 7.62 mini whisper is superior.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:23:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

100% truth
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me you don’t Barnes without telling me you don’t Barnes. Oh, wait, subs? You thought you’d kill a wild animal with subs?

100% truth

All joking aside, I wouldn't discount a round just because a lung shot deer ran 50 yards.  I've had lung shot deer run that far after being hit with a 12 gauge slug, and on another occasion a similar distance after being hit by a 220 gr Speer from a .35 Whelen.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He did not use a good bullet. He used a 125 grain hollow pint meant for 308. That out of the 6 inch barrel probably gave him 1800 fps.

So right off the bat he screwed the test up. Then he used one of the better 5.56 bullets as his baseline.  Heck even using 55 grain fmj he said it was about equal to sub 300. I don't believe that but again he did not use a premium bullet to compare to a premium bullet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He did supersonic and it's still trash because the round is trash

I also want 300Fagout to fail which is why I'm shilling the video
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Stupid video is stupid.

"I wonder how comparing sub sonic to super sonic will turn out?"

The niche thing that .300BLK does is have decent ballistics in a sub 10" barrel so it still has a short OAL with a suppressor.

I normally like his videos, but this one is dumb. He can hit shit at 300 yards without magnification and doesn't understand basic ballistics.
View Quote

300BK is different than a full 5.56 now do MP5 comparison with a 300 BK suppressed.  Wasn't that the point of the firearm.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

All joking aside, I wouldn't discount a round just because a lung shot deer ran 50 yards.  I've had lung shot deer run that far after being hit with a 12 gauge slug, and on another occasion a similar distance after being hit by a 220 gr Speer from a .35 Whelen.
View Quote

Funniest thing about that one was we tracked it in the opposite direction it ran for about 2 hours and then I recommended we clover leaf the area around where I shot it. Found it in about 10 minutes.

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:29:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No bullshit on my maybe list.

Let's take a 338 Lapua and SPIN THE FUCK OUT OF IT
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
300 BO is old news, it's all 8.6 now.

No bullshit on my maybe list.

Let's take a 338 Lapua and SPIN THE FUCK OUT OF IT

Kevin Brittingham has a bunch of videos of him killing African game animals with it. Brilliant way to write your african safari off as a marketing expense.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nothing annoys me more than seeing a new gun being introduced on youtube and people in the comments asking "will there be .300BO?"

Surprised you guys haven't asked for a .300bo glock yet.

edit: Also those roids are melting GTs face
View Quote
This.

people want everything, especially the psa krink in 300bo. I think the gun normies just like the caliber because it sounds scary and that makes it go with their punisher stickers
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Funniest thing about that one was we tracked it in the opposite direction it ran for about 2 hours and then I recommended we clover leaf the area around where I shot it. Found it in about 10 minutes.

View Quote

What did the wound channel look like?  I've seen bullets do some crazy shit inside a deer. Most impressive was a .44 mag 240 grain jhp from about 10 yards out of a lever action. Entered the left  side,  got the heart and one lung. Then turned up and to the right and blew out 4 inches of spine.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This.

people want everything, especially the psa krink in 300bo. I think the gun normies just like the caliber because it sounds scary and that makes it go with their punisher stickers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing annoys me more than seeing a new gun being introduced on youtube and people in the comments asking "will there be .300BO?"

Surprised you guys haven't asked for a .300bo glock yet.

This.

It is 100% gay and anyone who advocates for it should be branded as gay.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Just be normal, jeez Louise

Do you want a weird caliber? We have a word for that, 30-378 Weatherby Magnum

Stop fagging up guns
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Oh I'd like a subsonic pistol round.

No no, 147gr 9mm won't do and regular ass 45ACP simply won't suffice. I need some gay new caliber with made up gayness that's less effective
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

ahh i thought he was hung over.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What did the wound channel look like?  I've seen bullets do some crazy shit inside a deer. Most impressive was a .44 mag 240 grain jhp from about 10 yards out of a lever action. Entered the left  side,  got the heart and one lung. Then turned up and to the right and blew out 4 inches of spine.
View Quote

Took a large chunk out of both lungs and heart.

On the 6.5 lung damage was similar, but it caught more of the heart and liquefied it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By :
This.

View Quote

Stickers? Mines on a punisher lower.

Kind of appropriate for a HD gun imo.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Best Dad advice of the lot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

On the 6.5 lung damage was similar, but it caught more of the heart and liquefied it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

6.5 is for SWEDISH PEOPLE ONLY
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:44:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I actually like GT quite a bit. I actually even like this video, but his analysis and opinion are trash on this topic. He really showed his ass today. No offense intended to people here who choose to do so, but I always thought the people who use subs in a .300BLK for home defense were retards. I was a little surprised when he stated he does so, at the end of the video. He is typically pretty logical and practical.
View Quote
I don't watch enough GT to have an understanding of what his schtick is, but this video left me with the impression as a more tongue in check troll rather than anything actually intended to be informative. The tell for me was his gelatin tests.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:44:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think of it as kind of an m1 carbine round with some upgrades . I still don't have one . I did get a 277 wolverine which is superior in super mode .
View Quote

why did nobody ever make a .30 cal carbine upper?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gay scale

.30-06<.308<5.56<6.5<6.8<.350<7.62<8.6<.300AAC<.30 Super Carry
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I love my 8.5 blackout it's the cheapest ar I own  it's the one by my bed it's the that goes places it's the one not in the safe  if I lost one somehow. itl be the one   I do love it tho
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Gay scale

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay scale

I'm not mad, but I'm not gonna type up my own response

30 stupid carry definitely is the bottom though
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Did 300 blk bang your mom or something?

Jeez, you guys make a big deal over stupid shit.  It's a caliber and has pros and cons like every other.

View Quote

Kind of like how 5.56 isn't ideal for subsonic use.

From the video:
300BLK subsonic vs 5.56 supersonic.
The 5.56 supersonic beats the 300BLK subsonic...

Maybe use some 5.56 subsonic
Oh, wait. That might show that 5.56 subsonic is even worse.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#33]
The round has a very short, but unique combination of capabilities that makes it perfect for a very specific mission set, and also pretty good at a couple of very specific activities that may or may not be legal, but if you're not trying to hide your signature from fish cops there's better cartridges for those too.

People try to use it for things its not intended for, and compare it to cartridges designed or easier to adapt to those things, and then act like its a bad cartridge. Well, it is, for what most people use most cartridges for.

I don't have one because I don't need one. They are cool though.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No joke I would rather have a suppressed 9mm or 45ACP subgun than 300Fagout
View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Boooooo.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
300 Fagout LMAO!!

Is this like 6.5 Manbun?
View Quote

The 6.5 MB is actually an okay cartridge.  That being said, it wishes it were the 6.5x55 Se.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#37]
I recently built a 16" 300BO upper. Need to get cases for it.

It will never have traditional bullets through it: I built the upper purely to experiment with sabots.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Although I prefer 5.56, I will say that we killed a pile of hogs with AAC 110 vmax out of an 8.5 inch barrel. It impressed me. Some of the exits were pretty brutal
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We all know that 7.62 mini whisper is superior.

https://i.imgur.com/4sXtyXmh.jpg
View Quote
Thanks for the cool thread https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/7-62x25mm-Mini-Whisper-powder-selection/42-551308/

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Lol at everyone who has been trying to tell us how bad 300 blk is for 20 years and how it will soon die out.  Anytime now...
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:15:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think of it as kind of an m1 carbine round with some upgrades . I still don't have one . I did get a 277 wolverine which is superior in super mode .

I think Olympic did back in the before times of the 1990s
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Ok it is outperformed in all areas except one. Thing is that one category can make or break a situation. Sometimes the priority is quietness.
I still have a set of RCBS dies marked 300-221 for those who know.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:24:24 PM EDT
[#44]
It may be a very niche tool, but for people who need signature reduction it works.

It delivers handgun-ish terminal performance plus thin armor penetration at rifle-ish distances without generating a sonic boom. In an age where microphones can digitally track gunshots, that's a good tool.

People call it "basically just 45acp" and they're right, but it's 45acp plus thin armor penetration and SBR range.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:25:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Honestly, the rise of .300 Blackout is truly a testament to the power of good marketing.

@WhiskersTheCat somehow I don't think .300 Fagout is going to catch on.  But what about another spin of the marketing wheel and rename it to .300 Black Lives Matter ?
View Quote

Much of it was luck.

Rob Silvers validation pitch / paper was 2011 IIRC.  NFA trusts were getting popular in areas where CLEOs refused to sign Form 4s and suppressor demand surged. SAAMI adoption of blackout and the simplicity of just a barrel ‘swap’ hit at a unique time when suppressor popularity, production and market demand meshed.  Cartridge logistics for reloaders were like falling off a bicycle.  

The steel-trap minds continue to work their mythology on ‘what it’s for’.  The cartridge and host fill a sweet spot some find useful.  Like the concurrent PDW thread here in GD only the retards try to straw man it into a do-all Swiss Army knife cartridge.

It’s not going anywhere. Too easy to make brass for, lots of decent .30 cal bullets.  Magnum pistol powder is vanilla.  There are 4 to 6 times as many suppressors on the registry now than in 2011.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:28:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

this comment doesnt bother me, curious if between original thread title and certain comment(s), if folks will receive coc violations.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Time for a roll call fellas. What do we have here?

300 FAGOUT
6.5 MANBUN
5.7 LITTLEDICK

I know there are more.
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Oh I'd like a subsonic pistol round.

No no, 147gr 9mm won't do and regular ass 45ACP simply won't suffice. I need some gay new caliber with made up gayness that's less effective
View Quote

Even the ATF knew those ‘wink-wink’ pistols were really fagrifles.  Maybe they understand ballistic coefficient. Nah, they just got a hard on for fag strap-on rubber butts…
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I liked 300 Blackout better when it was called 300 Whisper, but apparently it wasn't cool back then.  
View Quote

That is a really cool name, wonder why the change?
Link Posted: 6/16/2024 9:32:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top