Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Could be in some states, but it is not a federal crime to possess.

I can also tell you that if you're not distributing nobody cares. Selling a fake as an original you will get fucked hard and you SHOULD! Setting up a business selling them, probably shouldn't be a criminal issue but rather a civil issue where the holder of the patent or trademark can love you tenderly if you are making fakes or making a business of selling them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're also aware that in the US it is not a crime to purchase or possess counterfeit goods, right?

Is there a moral/ethical issue in possessing them? Sure. Are some folks rationalizing it? Yes. Some of us know it is wrong and don't pretend otherwise, but have explained why we feel the way we do. That's not rationalization. Rationalization would be explaining why it is OK, which it clearly is not.

How many people buy professional sport team clothing on ebay and elsewhere. Most of that is unlicensed merchandise. Do you have the same ire for somebody who buys a jersey or hat that might not be official merch? How about a t-shirt for a rock band that might well be using their image and likeness without compensation? Ever copy a DVD or CD? Maybe watch a pirated stream of a sports event, concert, or movie? Ever go to a pawn shop and buy a tool which might have been/likely was stolen - but hey, it was a good deal.

None of it is right, but let's not pretend that this ethical question is limited to counterfeit watches or handbags. It is everywhere and pervasive in our lives.

I would say that there really isn't an impact on the manufacturer - especially to a company like Rolex that restricts market supply to drive up price and ensure that they sell what they make. Even if somebody bought a replica rather than the genuine that they thought they might buy because of the value proposition, there is another guy behind him in line thrilled that he changed his mind. I think counterfeiting impacts the more pedestrian products far more. Buy a $50 New Era Yankee hat or the $30 knock-off that probably came off the same line? Buy a $50 knock off Milwaukee battery on eBay or the $75 genuine at Home Depot. Those are businesses really being hurt by counterfeiting - especially when people buy them unsuspectingly and the quality proves inferior and tarnishes the genuine brand's reputation.

Nobody buying a $500 fake Rolex knowingly expects it to be a $10,000 watch, and if it shits the bed, nobody thinks Rolex is garbage because their rep was garbage.

Again, it is wrong, but to possess is NOT illegal and it is not theft by them owner.

I think possession might be illegal in some states, but I'm not sure about that.

Could be in some states, but it is not a federal crime to possess.

I can also tell you that if you're not distributing nobody cares. Selling a fake as an original you will get fucked hard and you SHOULD! Setting up a business selling them, probably shouldn't be a criminal issue but rather a civil issue where the holder of the patent or trademark can love you tenderly if you are making fakes or making a business of selling them.

Agreed. Some quick research suggests that possession is fine, just not selling even at (most) state levels.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Most of the folks I see flashing their Rolex, real or not, are fake people. Same goes with Vitton bags and all that crap.

I had a low end sub years ago. The appeal wore off.
View Quote

So you are saying anyone who owns a rolex are fake pos just because they wear a rolex. That's basically what you are insinuating.

Dude get some fucking help.

Link Posted: 6/18/2024 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

None of that even comes close to suggesting that buying a fake Rolex is theft.
View Quote
Go back and read my original post.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of that even comes close to suggesting that buying a fake Rolex is theft.

"perpetuating" theft, which it's still not.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Counterfeiting is the act of producing the item, not the possession of it.

Selling counterfeit items can also be a criminal offense.

Show me where POSSESSION of a single item for personal use with no intent to sell or defraud another is a crime. I'm waiting.
View Quote

possession of counterfeit currency is a criminal offense
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 2:28:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not precisely...

What Are the Federal Penalties for Using, Making, or Possessing Counterfeit Money?
Federal law makes counterfeiting U.S. currency a felony, punishable by up to 20 years in federal prison. This potential 20-year prison sentence applies to possessing, using, or making counterfeit currency with the intent to defraud.

The actual sentence handed down for the crime depends a lot on the defendant's criminal history, the face value of the counterfeit currency, and whether the defendant possessed any devices or technology to make the currency. In addition to prison time, the judge can impose fines up to $250,000 or double the amount of the financial gain or loss resulting from the crime.

(U.S. Sent. Guidelines § 2B5.1 (2022).)
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, this thread is officially off the rails
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya, but the OP got the info he needed a long time ago.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Maybe Rollie should increase production to meet the demand

View Quote

Lots of people have been saying that Rolex claims to be pumping out plenty of watches.  The ADs are fucking with the market, just like bourbon.  Get a xxxxxxxxx in and hide it, or only sell to your buddies/loyal customers.  They appear to be "scarce", then people are paying BIG money for them.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lots of people have been saying that Rolex claims to be pumping out plenty of watches.  The ADs are fucking with the market, just like bourbon.  Get a xxxxxxxxx in and hide it, or only sell to your buddies/loyal customers.  They appear to be "scarce", then people are paying BIG money for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe Rollie should increase production to meet the demand

There are people jumping the line but there still aren't enough to meet demand. The reality is there simply isn't high enough production and Rolex knows it and they make the calculated decision of maintaining that scarcity.

The ADs have to sell the watch at the price Rolex dictates and they are closely audited. They can't discount and they can't charge more. I'm sure there might be some unethical dealers taking kickbacks to bump people but that's not messing with supply, it is messing with how dealers allocate it. They get so many watches, they charge a set price, and God help them if they sell to somebody who turns around and flips it and the watch is immediately found on the secondary market. The AD may well lose their dealership for Rolex.

With bourbon you'll have a $40 bottle that sells for $100 because people will pay it and the liquor store is free to do so.

If a James Cameron Deepsea is MSRP $14,600 that's what the dealer can charge. Even though the secondary market will bring in more, that's what they can charge. I know because my buddy just bought one from the AD and yes, he was bumped to the top of the list (he wasn't even on the list prior) and there was no negotiating. You want it? OK, we're writing it up and paying for it now. Fortunately his wife was there and said do it. They had a used one for about the same price because they can price pre-owned watches as they see fit and the market will bear. But new stock, they're locked in on that.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So you are saying anyone who owns a rolex are fake pos just because they wear a rolex. That's basically what you are insinuating.

Dude get some fucking help.

View Quote

I don't think the people are fake, just the watches.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Following the diamond industry plan.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 5:17:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Agreed. Some quick research suggests that possession is fine, just not selling even at (most) state levels.
View Quote

Legally, counterfeit Rolexes are contraband in the US. No property rights attach.

Counterfeit anything, really.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It’s even more sad that some people assume others do something to impress others, rather than doing something for oneself.  I can’t imagine living such an empty life where the only way you can do or buy things is for the purpose of impressing others.  Is that really how that guy  views life?

If so, l oh fucking l.  Jesus that’s pathetic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worthless? I get the same admiration you do at a fraction of the price. Sure - great investment. LOL

It’s a pretty sad human who seeks validation from others due to the value of the watch on their wrist.

It’s even more sad that some people assume others do something to impress others, rather than doing something for oneself.  I can’t imagine living such an empty life where the only way you can do or buy things is for the purpose of impressing others.  Is that really how that guy  views life?

Weren't you bragging earlier about how much your Rolex is worth?
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worthless? I get the same admiration you do at a fraction of the price. Sure - great investment. LOL

It’s a pretty sad human who seeks validation from others due to the value of the watch on their wrist.

Bragging?  Post proof.  I have 3 on the very cheap side, certainly nothing to brag about, just watches I genuinely enjoy that were bought at msrp and will be pass me downs.

Once again, GD off the rails on retarded call outs.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 9:54:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Fake hand Attachment Attached File
wearing fake Rolex!
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 1:24:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Bragging?  Post proof.  I have 3 on the very cheap side, certainly nothing to brag about, just watches I genuinely enjoy that were bought at msrp and will be pass me downs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I love my fake Rolex. It’s a great feeling comparing with other “watch guys” and knowing they spent 50x as much while they can’t tell the difference. I just say I inherited it from a dead relative when they start asking how I can afford it

Yet the real Rolex will be worth an infinite amount more than your knockoff, because your knockoff goes to value of practically $0.  So very smart of you.

On the other hand, I bought my Rolex’s at MSRP, and are worth more now than what I paid.

Certainly reads like it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 1:27:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The only ones I got were from haggling in markets in Afghanistan 20 years ago. Most entertaining $20 (per watch) i've ever spent. . One of them still even, kinda, works!
View Quote

My dad brought a bunch back. They were pretty funny. My favorite was the one that ran backwards.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 8:31:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Certainly reads like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I love my fake Rolex. It’s a great feeling comparing with other “watch guys” and knowing they spent 50x as much while they can’t tell the difference. I just say I inherited it from a dead relative when they start asking how I can afford it

Yet the real Rolex will be worth an infinite amount more than your knockoff, because your knockoff goes to value of practically $0.  So very smart of you.

On the other hand, I bought my Rolex’s at MSRP, and are worth more now than what I paid.

Certainly reads like it.

Explain how the fuck that reads like it?    I get reading comprehension and reality are hard for some, but just try reading the posts and replies.

The bottom line, especially for more expensive knock offs can be summed up with one simple quote; penny wise and pound foolish.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I’ve always bought from Steinhart directly online. Even had warranty work done by them with no issues.  Gave my sub homage to my little brother when I got my Rolex sub.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@couch-commando
Do you buy direct or do you have a recommendation on a vendor for steinhart?

I’ve always bought from Steinhart directly online. Even had warranty work done by them with no issues.  Gave my sub homage to my little brother when I got my Rolex sub.

Quoted:
I bought direct a few years ago. As I recall it was a pretty simple process. Shipping didn't take nearly as long as I expected. I got one of the 39mm submariner style watches, and actually find that I like this size a lot more than my friend's 10 year old Rolex Submariner which seemed noticeably larger.

I went with an aluminum bezel because I like the look, and don't mind the look of "used" things. But if you don't want tons of scratches on the watch, definitely go for the ceramic bezel.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thanks guys!
View Quote

Same experience as them.  My first mechanical watch was purchased directly through them around 2008.

Super easy, shipping was quick enough coming from Germany, even had it serviced going directly through them.  Customer service was excellent.  Nothing but good things to say.

(while its not a rolex style, and certainly less expensive than the rest of the collection I still love it and wont part with it.  Keeps great time too.)

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#23]
This subject has been beaten to death on the watch forums since the first day.
Watchuseek.com, timezone, rolexforums, paneristi have had the most brutal flame wars regarding reps vs gen.
One aspect that I found interesting here, is unlike the purely watch forums( where hommages are hated with a deep passion) it seems like GD is ok with homages; any watch that is similar, especially at a cursory glance to the real thing but made by a "legitimate" factory. Stienharts, San Martin's etc.
I guess it's like Rock Island vs Wilson.
You'll get both supporters of and detractors.

As for fake watches  are for fake people...I suppose to an extent that could be true.
We have an arfcommer in the Watches section who posts lots of fake rolexes. Those posts get compliments and kudos but what I found interesting is when he attaches stories to those watches, then I start to think, is he also faking his military service? as he posts tidbits of his service here and there with those fake watches.

I think it's safe to say that the wearing or not, of modern day watches for men serve as a very quick marker of where a man stands in terms of wealth, position in society at large,  his interests, his cultural milieu, etc. and fake watches are a facsimile to trying to emulate those cues.

In the end...does it really matter?

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe it’s just me, but I’ll never understand the homage hate. I have a couple cheap homages I like because frankly dropping 4-5 figures on the original seems absurd to me. But I’ll also never try to pass off a Chinese homage as an actual Swiss watch. That’s kinda tasteless in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Maybe it’s just me, but I’ll never understand the homage hate. I have a couple cheap homages I like because frankly dropping 4-5 figures on the original seems absurd to me. But I’ll also never try to pass off a Chinese homage as an actual Swiss watch. That’s kinda tasteless in my opinion.
View Quote

Exactly!

I've been on watch fora since the late 90's. I enjoy the hobby and my collection for my own edification.

Two people noticed my Rolex GMT on my last trip and asked about it. They were clearly into watches as mine is has the black bezel and it not blingy at all especially when I wear it on this elastic strap.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Exactly!

I've been on watch fora since the late 90's. I enjoy the hobby and my collection for my own edification.

Two people noticed my Rolex GMT on my last trip and asked about it. They were clearly into watches as mine is has the black bezel and it not blingy at all especially when I wear it on this elastic strap.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/432675/IMG_5126_jpeg-3245340.JPG
View Quote

That all back bezel is sharp, noticed it in the other pic you posted.

Straps are where it’s at for me, the bracelet gets heavy after a while.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Fuck I’m wearing my Invicta today too so this hits close to home. My next homage is gonna be a Pagani Black Bay homage tho. Might invest in a real Tudor Black Bay for my college graduation in 2 years.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Exactly!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/432675/IMG_5126_jpeg-3245340.JPG
View Quote

Love that strap

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Someday I will have a simple date Subbie ( I absolutely have to know what day it is because OCD and I am retarded) ....but I could never bring myself to wear a fake.  That's just poser level shit to me.  I am a retard...who the hell am I going to impress?

In the meantime, I gotta go with the Steinhart guys.  I am also a Hamilton and Glycine fan but Steinhart appeals to me.  They bust their asses to make a nice watch and it shows.  I wish they would do an Oyster case, I think they would wear better but....they always work great and look good.  Their dials are super well done.

Here's my Zodiac.  I love Zodiac.  It's not a Rolex but it IS a real Zodiac.  I wear that anywhere with pride. (lume sucks, though...but she sure is purty!)

This one always makes me think I might actually prefer a Yachtmaster to a Subbie.....

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Someday I will have a simple date Subbie ( I absolutely have to know what day it is because OCD and I am retarded) ....but I could never bring myself to wear a fake.  That's just poser level shit to me.  I am a retard...who the hell am I going to impress?

In the meantime, I gotta go with the Steinhart guys.  I am also a Hamilton and Glycine fan but Steinhart appeals to me.  They bust their asses to make a nice watch and it shows.  I wish they would do an Oyster case, I think they would wear better but....they always work great and look good.  Their dials are super well done.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Steinhart_O1C_Black-2648733.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Ocean_One_MOP_JPG-2611429.jpg

Here's my Zodiac.  I love Zodiac.  It's not a Rolex but it IS a real Zodiac.  I wear that anywhere with pride. (lume sucks, though...but she sure is purty!)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Zodiac_Sea_Dragon_JPG-1997428.jpg

This one always makes me think I might actually prefer a Yachtmaster to a Subbie.....

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Ocean_1_Rose_Gold_JPG-2608023.jpg
View Quote

Those Steinharts are really nice looking. I built a Yachtmaster homage out of a Seiko movement just like that one but with a different dial. I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Those Steinharts are really nice looking. I built a Yachtmaster homage out of a Seiko movement just like that one but with a different dial. I like it a lot.
View Quote
@RolandofGilead:

There is SOMETHING about the Yachtmaster.  It's a damn classy watch without being snotty.  Well, the regular Yachtmasters, anyhow.

If I can ever get done remodeling my home I want to try watch building.  The Seiko Bloodmoon (look it up on YouTube if you haven't already) really calls to me.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Steinhart_O1C_Black-2648733.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Ocean_One_MOP_JPG-2611429.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Zodiac_Sea_Dragon_JPG-1997428.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23042/Ocean_1_Rose_Gold_JPG-2608023.jpg
View Quote

Good looking pieces. I like the last one a lot.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
@RolandofGilead:

There is SOMETHING about the Yachtmaster.  It's a damn classy watch without being snotty.  Well, the regular Yachtmasters, anyhow.

If I can ever get done remodeling my home I want to try watch building.  The Seiko Bloodmoon (look it up on YouTube if you haven't already) really calls to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@RolandofGilead:

Oooh that's nice. That red AR looks great. I've really gotten into building watches- it's really rewarding.

Agreed on yachtmasters, perfect blend of classy and "every day" watch. I'm actually expecting the last part I need for mine today, if it comes in I'll post a picture.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Most of the folks I see flashing their Rolex, real or not, are fake people. Same goes with Vitton bags and all that crap.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fake Watches are for Fake people

There are great Watches on litterally any price level, wearing a fake one is just poor class

Man this is an insult to me, and will add my wife.  We are as down to earth as you can get.  I have the luxury to be able to afford the nicer things in life.  I bet my wife has $60K in purses and bags, maybe more.  Why?  Because she likes these things and enjoys buying them.

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Oooh that's nice. That red AR looks great. I've really gotten into building watches- it's really rewarding.

Agreed on yachtmasters, perfect blend of classy and "every day" watch. I'm actually expecting the last part I need for mine today, if it comes in I'll post a picture.
View Quote
I look forward to seeing it!

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Good looking pieces. I like the last one a lot.
View Quote
Thank you!  Yeah, the gold and black just work.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

One aspect that I found interesting here, is unlike the purely watch forums( where hommages are hated with a deep passion) it seems like GD is ok with homages; any watch that is similar, especially at a cursory glance to the real thing but made by a "legitimate" factory. Stienharts, San Martin's etc.
I guess it's like Rock Island vs Wilson.

View Quote

I have no beef with someone buying a hommages, shit if you have a s/s dive watch, many will think it's a Rolex, it's kind of difficult for it not to look like a Sub to people who don't know about watches.

I will say that the people who kill me are the ones who buy a fake or hommage as a "travel watch," shit I don't want to travel to a place where I would be worried about a Rolex with a watch that looks like a Rolex. lol.

I'm still going to buy one of the Gigwatt watches that is a Seiko, says Seiko, and looks like a vintage Rolex.

BTW: If one orders a Steinhart Sub/GMT from Gnomon watches, they will remove the god awful ugly wart from the crystal.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
VSF and Clean make the best 6 digit subs right now. They’re so close that I would never go though the hassle of dealing with the games the Rolex AD like to play, or pay the super high resell prices. They’re just not worth it when watches like Omega make such a nice piece for like 1/4 of the price.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/115870/IMG_5419_jpeg-3243580.JPG
View Quote

Agreed. I have one of those. Earned it in a work competition. Don’t know much about them.

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Agreed. I have one of those. Earned it in a work competition. Don't know much about them.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/528302/IMG_1958-3245609.jpg
View Quote
You earned a replica watch at work??
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Most poor people threads typically are.

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#44]
That is the EXACT Submariner that I want!
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You earned a replica watch at work??
View Quote

Is it? I always wondered about that. Wouldn’t surprise me at all.
Will say, it keeps perfect time and seems to have a jeweled movement as the second hand sweeps with slight ticks. Everything works, of course I’ve never dived with it, lol.

Like I said, I don’t know much about watches, esp more expensive ones. It was twenty plus years ago, worked as a sales manager at Pitney Bowes. A shitty, shifty, horrible company.
It was a paycheck after I was laid off at Xerox after the 2001 crash. Couldn’t wait to get out of there. Though, I was good at it. Amazing how a little integrity breeds success… got it as a reward for a quarterly sales comp.
It sits in my valet, as I never wear watches. Not too practical in the OR. So glad I’m back in med.

What makes it fake?
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 8:09:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Is it? I always wondered about that. Wouldn't surprise me at all.
Will say, it keeps perfect time and seems to have a jeweled movement as the second hand sweeps with slight ticks. Everything works, of course I've never dived with it, lol.

Like I said, I don't know much about watches, esp more expensive ones. It was twenty plus years ago, worked as a sales manager at Pitney Bowes. A shitty, shifty, horrible company.
It was a paycheck after I was laid off at Xerox after the 2001 crash. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Though, I was good at it. Amazing how a little integrity breeds success  got it as a reward for a quarterly sales comp.
It sits in my valet, as I never wear watches. Not too practical in the OR. So glad I'm back in med.

What makes it fake?
View Quote

Well, first of all- that watch did not exist 20 years ago. It's a model from 2021 for the 36th America's Cup.

As for fake, just a couple of points,  it's a poor quality version that's quickly evident by bad and incorrect sized fonts, poor coloring and a White date wheel vs correct Blue date wheel.
If you care to share a pic of the case back, I'm sure more clues will quickly be obvious.

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I look forward to seeing it!

View Quote

@desertmoon

Here's my yachtmaster homage

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well, first of all- that watch did not exist 20 years ago. It's a model from 2021 for the 36th America's Cup.

As for fake, just a couple of points,  it's a poor quality version that's quickly evident by bad and incorrect sized fonts, poor coloring and a White date wheel vs correct Blue date wheel.
If you care to share a pic of the case back, I'm sure more clues will quickly be obvious.

View Quote

Looks like it's missing the chronograph lock that model should have as well, if I'm looking at the right one. ETA: And the bezel insert is badly misaligned. ETA2: And the left subdial has double the indices that it should. ETA3: And the right subdial is missing the counter at the bottom. ETA4: And the date window is too low.

Link Posted: 6/19/2024 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#49]
@RolandofGilead:

LOL!  I thought you were still building it up!  When I saw the pics my first thought was, "Well!  THAT WAS FAST!"

Looks great.  Love the Oriental style dial.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
@RolandofGilead:

LOL!  I thought you were still building it up!  When I saw the pics my first thought was, "Well!  THAT WAS FAST!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
@RolandofGilead:

Thanks! I had everything but the bezel, and that's super easy :)
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top