Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He has already been fired by two other departments for excessive force. DFW didn’t care though
View Quote

ugh
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I 100% disagree.

Just let them violate your rights, assault you, and kidnap you. Then maybe later they'll admit you didn't do wrong after you've spent thousands defending g yourself, lost your job, been in jail, etc.

No. Fuck no. It's my right and duty as a free American, and as to the oath I swore to defend the Constitution, to resist and attack tyranny.

We can have a gun fight if that's what you want, but I'm not going to allow you to subjugate me.
View Quote

Oh bullshit. You're not going to do ANY of that bullshit you're saying. Sounds great, but you're not going to do that.

This is not the Sadaam Hussein regime. Cops are not going to take you back to Udays palace and let him rape you.

You can beat the case, but you likely wont beat the ride.

We need good law enforcement so we dont put citizens in situations like this.

Thats why this cop is done.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I hear you.

Like I said, not saying he had a leg to stand on to give her orders.

However once he went hands on, she needed to fucking comply. Otherwise we're going to just need to start throwing copies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights at each other in our drawstroke and shoot each other to death as the manner to champion our cause in that moment.

Once you hear "You're under arrest." Your mouth needs to close and you need to do what the officer tells you the fuck to do. He's going win that battle. You need to be focused on winning the war, which she would have, and still will.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was just fine doing what she was doing. He didn't have any justification to tell her to go anywhere, and certainly not to detain/arrest/assault her.

Calling anything "resisting" when a cop has no authority to arrest in the first place is bullshit, and it's MUCH too common. It's hilarious that cops can say "we arrested them for resisting arrest" with a straight face.

I hear you.

However once he went hands on, she needed to fucking comply. Otherwise we're going to just need to start throwing copies of The Constitution and Bill of Rights at each other in our drawstroke and shoot each other to death as the manner to champion our cause in that moment.

Once you hear "You're under arrest." Your mouth needs to close and you need to do what the officer tells you the fuck to do. He's going win that battle. You need to be focused on winning the war, which she would have, and still will.

I understand your position. I'll just never agree with that.

If a cop wrongly decides to go hands on with me they better be ready to fight for their life.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I understand that's now how it really happens, because cops will cover each other and at best will make one officer a scapegoat.

But yes, if a cop is illegally using force on a citizen then they should use the necessary force to stop that assault in progress.
View Quote

Yes....you are right..

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:32:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If a cop wrongly decides to go hands on with me they better be ready to fight for their life.
View Quote

While I don't disagree with where your heart is, this is how people die (you).  Not the smartest thing in the world, LEOs WILL dogpile you in the belief that their brother/sister is in the right.

You may be right, but you could end up dead for it.

Or, just you do you and see how it goes.

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:32:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Technically you are correct.

But thats not how shit really happens.

Look....are you saying that as he said you're under arrest and went hands on, the lady cops whould have gone hands on with officer asshole? As he slung the annoying bitch to the ground, the lady cops should have tazed him?

Thats great to think like that, but thats not realistic to expect from that setting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When they put hands on her they became parties in the unconstitutional force being used on someone exercising her first amendment rights.

Technically you are correct.

But thats not how shit really happens.

Look....are you saying that as he said you're under arrest and went hands on, the lady cops whould have gone hands on with officer asshole? As he slung the annoying bitch to the ground, the lady cops should have tazed him?

Thats great to think like that, but thats not realistic to expect from that setting

Yes, they should treat him just like any other criminal they witness violently assaulting a woman.

I agree with you that it isn't a realistic expectation of how government henchman operate. Like I said a few posts back cops don't believe the laws apply to them.

However, just because it's "how things really work right now" doesn't mean we should accept it. Change won't happen unless we force it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hear ya...

If you think about it, a whole lot of people in the US adopted that mindset during the summer of love and refused to be taken into custody too based on the fact that they felt like they were entitled to do what they were doing too.

Except when there was a few hundred thousand of them.....it worked.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:35:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He sat in his cruiser and watched her the entire time as the lady cops ignored her.

No investigation was being interfered with

He just reached his rev limiter and had to get it on

Unfit for duty
View Quote

Looks like he was defending the honor of of his annoyed coworkers in hopes one would turn out to be the Maegan Hall of his department.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes, they should treat him just like any other criminal they witness violently assaulting a woman.

I agree with you that it isn't a realistic expectation of how government henchman operate. Like I said a few posts back cops don't believe the laws apply to them.

However, just because it's "how things really work right now" doesn't mean we should accept it. Change won't happen unless we force it.
View Quote

Point taken
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes....you are right..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand that's now how it really happens, because cops will cover each other and at best will make one officer a scapegoat.

But yes, if a cop is illegally using force on a citizen then they should use the necessary force to stop that assault in progress.

Yes....you are right..

I know.  But reasonable officers rarely do the right thing when it's a brother in blue violating the law.  It happens sometime (see the $900 theft thread for example), but it's depressingly rare.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:38:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Oh bullshit. You're not going to do ANY of that bullshit you're saying. Sounds great, but you're not going to do that.

This is not the Sadaam Hussein regime. Cops are not going to take you back to Udays palace and let him rape you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I 100% disagree.

Just let them violate your rights, assault you, and kidnap you. Then maybe later they'll admit you didn't do wrong after you've spent thousands defending g yourself, lost your job, been in jail, etc.

No. Fuck no. It's my right and duty as a free American, and as to the oath I swore to defend the Constitution, to resist and attack tyranny.

We can have a gun fight if that's what you want, but I'm not going to allow you to subjugate me.

I've already willingly put my ass on the line when I chose to enlist in the infantry to go fight.

Why do you think I have any problem fighting here at home? I have more of a problem with jackboots enforcing the will of a tyrannical government than I had with the hadjis on the other side of the planet.

*edit*

And no, this cop has fucked over how many people in his career? He's been let go for fucking up more than once already. If he was gunned down long ago that would have protected a lot more people than hoping the system actually does something this time.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I strongly disagree.  The 1st amendment, like the 2nd, is a core tenant of our rights, and just because it's annoying doesn't mean it should be a felony.   That being said, the courts have agreed that their right to film ends when their efforts to film interfere with them doing their jobs.
View Quote

But interfering with them doing their job is a physical act, not someone talking, yelling, filming, calling them names.

I agree some the auditors are annoying as hell. But on the other hand, they know their rights. The police have been able to lie and force people to do what they say for years. Now, people know their rights and it fucks them up.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#13]
By the way, interesting to chat with you fellows

Thank you for the civil discourse.

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've already willingly put my ass on the line when I chose to enlist in the infantry to go fight.

Why do you think I have any problem fighting here at home? I have more of a problem with jackboots enforcing the will of a tyrannical government than I had with the hadjis on the other side of the planet.
View Quote

Cause it will get you killed over something stupid bro. In the heat of the moment you might be 100% convinced of your position but after some retrospect you might see that you could have handled things a different way.

We all make mistakes. I have. And I have been SUPER convinced about how right I was at times then had a chance to cool off and thought that I might have something to reconsider.

Just sayin....

I hear ya 100% however
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Cause it will get you killed over something stupid bro. In the heat of the moment you might be 100% convinced of your position but after some retrospect you might see that you could have handled things a different way.

We all make mistakes. I have. And I have been SUPER convinced about how right I was at times then had a chance to cool off and thought that I might have something to reconsider.

Just sayin....

I hear ya 100% however
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin....

I hear ya 100% however

If you aren't willing to die for your beliefs then how strong is your conviction?

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather not have to ever even speak to any government agent period. I want to be left alone to live my life as I please.

I wouldn't be the one choosing to impose their will upon me. Live and let live. If you want to try to fuck me, well, I'm going to fuck back.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Do you hear me know.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Case law does not agree with that.

View Quote

Nothing the cop did was reasonable.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That makes sense, because I wondered why;
a) she already knew his name, and;
b) he gave her one quick "you need to leave or you'll be arrested" and then told her she was under arrest.

FWIW, I still think it was a collision of assholes, but knowing that makes it worse on the officer.

View Quote

One is constitutionally allowed to be an asshole. The other is lower than a piece of whale shit and more of a threat to America than ISIS
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you want to argue that police are power hungry assholes and are out of control, how can you also argue that it's ok to go up and start shit with them and act surprised that it ended up badly for her?
View Quote

"Its her fault for creating the conditions that would encourage my client to act like a tyrannical scumbag, Your Honor.

This was clearly entrapment by the old lady."
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:58:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
He should get prison time for his illegal assault and the other two can cool their heels for a couple months unpaid.
View Quote

Fuck that. They are accomplices.

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How bout, NO.

Those officers actions were neither legal or necessary. I can't believe the replies on this forum sometimes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This probably was not  "right" by the PD,  but  seems to me if you are going to be  one of these  so called "auditors"  you might want to be  a person who is younger and in  decent shape,  because, sooner or later, you WILL be roughed up  by somebody,  PD or other

How bout, NO.

Those officers actions were neither legal or necessary. I can't believe the replies on this forum sometimes.

Apparently boots are very tasty.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:02:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you aren't willing to die for your beliefs then how strong is your conviction?

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather not have to ever even speak to any government agent period. I want to be left alone to live my life as I please.

I wouldn't be the one choosing to impose their will upon me. Live and let live. If you want to try to fuck me, well, I'm going to fuck back.
View Quote

Look how they are trying to say that filming at and in the most innocuous circumstances, like this case, qualifies as time and manner guidelines.

Towing cars at 3 am in a parking lot. They obviously know of the 6 cases establishing 1st A protections but go for the cherry picked lines.

And look how they acted? All 3 of them were more than willing to kill while being legally in the wrong. Their convictions are solely power and a paycheck.

The defense against illegal arrest laws were PUT on the books for close to 200 years for this exact reason. They were removed because the system was supposed to be self correcting. With a timely legal redress.

Obviously that has gone south for a great many years.

The investigation and corrective action for their very own "Freddy" will be released in about 4 years.

The victim had 4 seconds.

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:19:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"In a unanimous decision, the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit held that the officers violated Glik's constitutional rights and that the officers were not entitled to qualified immunity. The Court ruled that the right to film the police carrying out their duties in public was "clearly established," and that Glik's actions did not violate state law."

You forgot the core issue.

Glik was in a public park. She was in a public parking lot. Not in the middle of an arrest 10' away like in the Glik case.

Pretty selective, but you still sunk your own argument by posting that.

Thank you!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"In a unanimous decision, the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit held that the officers violated Glik's constitutional rights and that the officers were not entitled to qualified immunity. The Court ruled that the right to film the police carrying out their duties in public was "clearly established," and that Glik's actions did not violate state law."

Glik was in a public park. She was in a public parking lot. Not in the middle of an arrest 10' away like in the Glik case.

Thank you!

"However, the court also noted that the right to film public officials was subject to reasonable limitations with respect to the time, place and manner in which the recording was conducted."  <- this means telling the person filming to step back to a reasonable distance is a lawful order.  Many state laws and jurisdictions now clarify "reasonable distance" to be 9-20 feet away.  Several other appellate have also concluded that reasonable time/place/manner restrictions are constitutional including asking  the person filming to step a reasonable distance away.

Refusing a lawful order is probable cause for arrest, this is well established in state and federal case law.

Now,  Graham V. Connor has established the Graham rules for use of force, which specifically calls out actively resisting arrest and attempting evade arrest by flight as factors justifying use of force.

Now in the video posted, we have the lady running up on officers.  This gives us a timeline of events to compare to the above case law.

1)Lady runs up and is filming the police.  This is subject to reasonable time/place/manner restrictions, an established reasonable restriction to this is asking the person to step back a certain amount of distance

2)officer gives lady a lawful order to step back and go to the other side of the street, assuming the other side of the street is not excessively far away, this is a reasonable restriction making his order to step back/move across the street a lawful one.

3)Lady refuses the lawful order, this is usually a misdemeanor offense and creates probable cause for arrest.

4) Officer gives reasonable warning that if she does not move she will be arrested.  This isn't actually legally required under current case law, but is likely part of the officers departmental policy for use of force.

5)Lady refuses again, as above, a misdemeanor offense that is probable cause for an arrest.

6) Officer states that she is under arrest.  Legally anything after this point that is not doing exactly what the officer says to facilitate the arrest is resisting arrest.  Technically her saying "you're not going to arrest me!" is resisting arrest without violence in many states, and likely meets the statutory definition in this state though I haven't confirmed that yet.

7)Lady says "You're not going to arrest me!" and there appears to be some sort of struggle, which implies she's actively resisting the arrest via pulling away and tensing.  Obviously if there's bodycam footage brought up in the impending civil case that will add some more clarity, but based on just her own phone video there's enough there to make probable cause for charges of resisting arrest.  Same with pulling away, if she tried to pull away or turn and run away at all that is also probable cause for charges of fleeing/eluding arrest.

8) Officer is attempting to arrest the lady and she appears to be resisting and possibly attempting to flee, officer orders the lady to stop resisting.  Again, not legally required under the law but likely specified in the department use of force policy as a warning for impending use of force.  Now given that resisting arrest and fleeing to evade arrest are both specific factors in the  Graham Rules for use of force, this means that use of force is now justified.

9)Office uses force to attempt to subdue the lady and arrest her.  Now HERE is where things get messy, because while use of force was justified under the law, did the officer use excessive force? An excessive force claim often hinges on whether the amount of force used in the situation was necessary under the circumstances. This is a fact-specific inquiry that considers how a reasonable officer would have responded in the same situation, knowing the same information as the officer using the force/making the arrest. The threshold at which force becomes excessive increases if a suspect is resisting or fleeing arrest, which is most likely a factor at play here.  Obviously there was a pretty severe injury and clearly their department policy requires a use of force investigation, and honestly there's not really enough shown in the video for me to make a solid call.  I can bet you a fine steak dinner that the level of force he used is likely authorized in the department use of force policy for arresting a fleeing/resisting suspect, but remember use of force is fact-specific on a case by case basis, and 20/20 hindsight rule says we can only really examine this with what facts were known at the time.  What it's going to boil down to is whether or not her age would be a factor in the use of force, and whether or not he could have/should have known it was a factor at the time of the use of force.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you like being a bitch for daddy government you're welcome to.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Agreed. I saw it with the switch from traditional police uniforms to BDU style/military dress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I recognized that long before covid.  

Sometime in the '90s police adopted an "us vs. them" attitude.  

Agreed. I saw it with the switch from traditional police uniforms to BDU style/military dress.

Traditional police uniforms were modeled after contemporary military uniforms.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin....

I hear ya 100% however

Living well is the best revenge.  They kill you, they might pay or they might not.  Live and sue them.  Make it your mission to wreck their lives.  Live well on the $$.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

"However, the court also noted that the right to film public officials was subject to reasonable limitations with respect to the time, place and manner in which the recording was conducted."  <- this means telling the person filming to step back to a reasonable distance is a lawful order.  Many state laws and jurisdictions now clarify "reasonable distance" to be 9-20 feet away.  Several other appellate have also concluded that reasonable time/place/manner restrictions are constitutional including asking  the person filming to step a reasonable distance away.

Refusing a lawful order is probable cause for arrest, this is well established in state and federal case law.

Now,  Graham V. Connor has established the Graham rules for use of force, which specifically calls out actively resisting arrest and attempting evade arrest by flight as factors justifying use of force.

Now in the video posted, we have the lady running up on officers.  This gives us a timeline of events to compare to the above case law.

1)Lady runs up and is filming the police.  This is subject to reasonable time/place/manner restrictions, an established reasonable restriction to this is asking the person to step back a certain amount of distance

2)officer gives lady a lawful order to step back and go to the other side of the street, assuming the other side of the street is not excessively far away, this is a reasonable restriction making his order to step back/move across the street a lawful one.

3)Lady refuses the lawful order, this is usually a misdemeanor offense and creates probable cause for arrest.

4) Officer gives reasonable warning that if she does not move she will be arrested.  This isn't actually legally required under current case law, but is likely part of the officers departmental policy for use of force.

5)Lady refuses again, as above, a misdemeanor offense that is probable cause for an arrest.

6) Officer states that she is under arrest.  Legally anything after this point that is not doing exactly what the officer says to facilitate the arrest is resisting arrest.  Technically her saying "you're not going to arrest me!" is resisting arrest without violence in many states, and likely meets the statutory definition in this state though I haven't confirmed that yet.

7)Lady says "You're not going to arrest me!" and there appears to be some sort of struggle, which implies she's actively resisting the arrest via pulling away and tensing.  Obviously if there's bodycam footage brought up in the impending civil case that will add some more clarity, but based on just her own phone video there's enough there to make probable cause for charges of resisting arrest.  Same with pulling away, if she tried to pull away or turn and run away at all that is also probable cause for charges of fleeing/eluding arrest.

8) Officer is attempting to arrest the lady and she appears to be resisting and possibly attempting to flee, officer orders the lady to stop resisting.  Again, not legally required under the law but likely specified in the department use of force policy as a warning for impending use of force.  Now given that resisting arrest and fleeing to evade arrest are both specific factors in the  Graham Rules for use of force, this means that use of force is now justified.

9)Office uses force to attempt to subdue the lady and arrest her.  Now HERE is where things get messy, because while use of force was justified under the law, did the officer use excessive force? An excessive force claim often hinges on whether the amount of force used in the situation was necessary under the circumstances. This is a fact-specific inquiry that considers how a reasonable officer would have responded in the same situation, knowing the same information as the officer using the force/making the arrest. The threshold at which force becomes excessive increases if a suspect is resisting or fleeing arrest, which is most likely a factor at play here.  Obviously there was a pretty severe injury and clearly their department policy requires a use of force investigation, and honestly there's not really enough shown in the video for me to make a solid call.  I can bet you a fine steak dinner that the level of force he used is likely authorized in the department use of force policy for arresting a fleeing/resisting suspect, but remember use of force is fact-specific on a case by case basis, and 20/20 hindsight rule says we can only really examine this with what facts were known at the time.  What it's going to boil down to is whether or not her age would be a factor in the use of force, and whether or not he could have/should have known it was a factor at the time of the use of force.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

Brilliant write up!  If only the circumstances fit your scenario that would be real useful to Officer Dollar General.

I can just see baby Jack Booties taking notes on your interpretation of the case law abiding on the first amendment.  Gonna get lots more DG stock boys/decertified officers that thought all they had to do was “call it an investigation, whip that ass, charge with obstruction” will cover them from having to respect citizens constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cops are smile 'n wave when it comes to african americans or illegal immigrants where the situation might escalate into the cop loosing their job but are ALL in on whitey because they know it won't.

ETA: See other thread with whyte boy shot. They would not have even pulled over an AA or hispanic.
View Quote

The times I've not been speeding and really was innocent I'm convinced it's because I am Hispanic. In reality its just asshoke cops being asshole cops. Race rarely plays a part in it if someone is a tyrant.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was just fine doing what she was doing. He didn't have any justification to tell her to go anywhere, and certainly not to detain/arrest/assault her.

Calling anything "resisting" when a cop has no authority to arrest in the first place is bullshit, and it's MUCH too common. It's hilarious that cops can say "we arrested them for resisting arrest" with a straight face.

I hear you.

Then you'll probably be killed.  I mean it is what it is, and you've made your choice.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

But interfering with them doing their job is a physical act, not someone talking, yelling, filming, calling them names.

I agree some the auditors are annoying as hell. But on the other hand, they know their rights. The police have been able to lie and force people to do what they say for years. Now, people know their rights and it fucks them up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I strongly disagree.  The 1st amendment, like the 2nd, is a core tenant of our rights, and just because it's annoying doesn't mean it should be a felony.   That being said, the courts have agreed that their right to film ends when their efforts to film interfere with them doing their jobs.

Not according to the courts.  There's plenty of case law around what is and isn't interfering.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin....

I hear ya 100% however

weird hill to die on, but ok.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

One is constitutionally allowed to be an asshole. The other is lower than a piece of whale shit and more of a threat to America than ISIS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That makes sense, because I wondered why;
a) she already knew his name, and;
b) he gave her one quick "you need to leave or you'll be arrested" and then told her she was under arrest.

FWIW, I still think it was a collision of assholes, but knowing that makes it worse on the officer.

Yup, and the courts have established that they're constitutionally allowed to be an asshole 10 feet away.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

You just cannot help but manipulate words or intent can you.

She ran up to them?

Ok, sure. Prove it!

Lawful orders need to be lawful. Not just because Officer Blowhard thinks he can do it.

Nothing you posted above could be remotely construed to apply in the videos in this case.

Even filming 10" away from an arrest in progress was deemed UNCONSTITUTIONAL. That is what got this ball rolling.

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Brilliant write up!  If only the circumstances fit your scenario that would be real useful to Officer Dollar General.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

I'm genuinely curious how you feel they differ factually from what I detailed here.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

1) Where do you see any running in the video? Step back a certain distance from what exactly?

2) 9-20ft? The other side of the street is MUCH further. Not lawful.

3) Again, not lawful, he had no probable cause.

4) Again, unlawful, she doesn't have to move.

5) Again, unlawful, she doesn't have to move.

6) Unlawful arrest. She was completely justified in resisting her kidnapping and assault.

7) Again, unlawful arrest. She was right to pull away.

8) Yet again, unlawful arrest. She is right to resist.

9) The entire fuck up by police was messy. He just topped off his assault with deadly force.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:37:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin....

I hear ya 100% however

Resisting a tyrannical government is a weird hill to die on?
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:38:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You just cannot help but manipulate words or intent can you.

She ran up to them?

Ok, sure. Prove it!

Lawful orders need to be lawful. Not just because Officer Blowhard thinks he can do it.

Nothing you posted above could be remotely construed to apply in the videos in this case.

Even filming 10" away from an arrest in progress was deemed UNCONSTITUTIONAL. That is what got this ball rolling.

View Quote

Her approaching them is literally in her video... I'm not sure what facts you're citing that counters that?

Uh....yeah it does apply, per case law, I'm not sure just claiming it doesn't is really going to change that.

What case are you talking about?  Every appellate court decision out there says that it IS in fact constitutional to impose time/place/manner restrictions on filming police.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
"We are committed to accountability and transparency in all our operations and will ensure that this investigation is thorough and impartial," Fort Worth PD said in a statement.

WFAA asked FWPD if the officer--who they would not identify--was suspended during the investigation, but the department refused to comment. Fort Worth police also refused to provide body camera footage from the scene."

Apparently nontransparently transparent.
View Quote

That's funny. COPS documented a shit ton of abuse of force in Ft. Worth some years ago because they all thought it was fine. Were happy to be documented as complete fucks. It was transparent as hell.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin....

I hear ya 100% however

No deciding that you're going to get killed by cops for no other reason than some weird ill informed beliefs.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:39:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm genuinely curious how you feel they differ factually from what I detailed here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!

I edited the original quote:

“I can just see baby Jack Booties taking notes on your interpretation of the case law applied to the first amendment.  Gonna get lots more DG stock boys/decertified officers that thought all they had to do was “call it an investigation, whip that ass, charge with obstruction” will cover them from having to respect citizens constitutional rights.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No deciding that you're going to get killed by cops for no other reason than some weird ill informed beliefs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin....

I hear ya 100% however

Edited - Skg

What ill-informed beliefs are they? That I believe in the Constitution? That I believe I'm a free man? That I don't bow down to the whims of others because they say so?
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What kind of piece of shit do you have to be to allow oneself to do such a thing. JFC..
View Quote

It was only a civilian.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Her approaching them is literally in her video... I'm not sure what facts you're citing that counters that?

Uh....yeah it does apply, per case law, I'm not sure just claiming it doesn't is really going to change that.

What case are you talking about?  Every appellate court decision out there says that it IS in fact constitutional to impose time/place/manner restrictions on filming police.
View Quote

Approaching now? What happened to the running?

Manipulate what you want. The videos are quite clear on what went down.

This wasn't an arrest or crime in progress. The only investigating appears to be towing cars. Hardley an argument for time, manner or place to flex. Not even threatening words or officer safety.

Apply your research to chilling of speech and what that entails.

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Long ago in a minecraft bbq..
I was on the only non Leo. Shtf topics cane up...eye opening to see how and  which guys spoke of how to control things.i sat.. drank my beer...until one vocal guy keep going about " who" they'd detain/pull over,/,etc.
I just said...
" can your vest stop 762x51ap.   "

Crickets....I then had to have a talk to..By the host of the bbq( a friend).  

Cool story...I know..
But it was 20yrs ago.

I doubt it's changed....
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you like being a bitch for daddy government you're welcome to.
View Quote

woosh
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Deciding I'll be taking some of them with me. My death is just the byproduct.

What ill-informed beliefs are they? That I believe in the Constitution? That I believe I'm a free man? That I don't bow down to the whims of others because they say so?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin....

I hear ya 100% however

Deciding I'll be taking some of them with me. My death is just the byproduct.

Hey man, if you want to die in a hail of bullets that's on you. Why doesn't really matter when you're laying there bleeding out. No one will know or care.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

1) Where do you see any running in the video? Step back a certain distance from what exactly?

2) 9-20ft? The other side of the street is MUCH further. Not lawful.

3) Again, not lawful, he had no probable cause.

4) Again, unlawful, she doesn't have to move.

5) Again, unlawful, she doesn't have to move.

6) Unlawful arrest. She was completely justified in resisting her kidnapping and assault.

7) Again, unlawful arrest. She was right to pull away.

8) Yet again, unlawful arrest. She is right to resist.

9) The entire fuck up by police was messy. He just topped off his assault with deadly force.
View Quote

I agree that the officer used excessive force given the situation… as for the rest of it.. you’ve got no idea what you’re talking about.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top