BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:06:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
First- do you have a general understanding of what happened with the Armenian genocide? I was taught the holocaust but never the Armenian genocide.

Answer "no" if you have heard of it in name only.

I tried to give a little background for context, and then go through how it was executed. Most importantly I correlate some lessons to the modern world and point out some areas of concern. Both history and human nature indicate that it will certainly happen again.

It's not a pretty, feel-good story. But it happened and you should know about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrB0VFF0Ayw
View Quote

The Turks slaughtered the Armenians, and the world stood by and ignored it except for a few like TR. The post Ottoman Turks then drove the lesson home in post-Ottoman Empire Turkey by the massacre of thousand year old Greek communities on their mainland, killing hundreds of thousands in the process. Once again, all but a few were silent, and the High and Might at the Versailles Conference (the same that ignored the pleas of the Kurds for a state of their own) ignored the killings. Both the Armenian and Greek massacres featured troops commanded by prominent Young Turk leaders.

The lesson was well learned by the rest of the world. Twenty years later, when Hitler was presented the recommendations of the Wannsee Conference and was discussing approval, an attendee at the meeting asked “How can we eliminate an entire people without incurring the condemnation of the world? Who will stand for it?” Hitler replied, “Who remembers the Armenians?”

Some remember, and are burdened by the memory and it’s seemingly fated repetition through generations.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it this? I read it back in the late 90s when it was published and that sounds familiar.

Evil: Inside Human Violence and Cruelty.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0805071652?tag=arfcom00-20
View Quote

That very well could be it!  Trying to find excerpts online now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I used to work cases in CA. Lots of Armenians involved in fraud. Entire communities of people who you would think would help refuse to.
View Quote

There are some great rap videos about it. Glendale!!!

Had to find it-

Link Posted: 6/26/2024 11:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turks are evil people. They have a huge propaganda machine on social media. They are worse than a cult. They should never be in the EU and be removed from NATO.

Personally, I hope the people they oppressed historically get revenge on the Turks and make Constantinople great again.  

All of the worst have huge propaganda machines. As an adult,  I have always noticed and been disgusted by the way so many countries kiss Turkey's ass because of their "potential" advantageous position. No one is held to account, and so one day the Armenian genocide will fade from memory and become another "conspiracy theory". Turkey will be celebrated as heroes when the current propaganda reaches where it's headed, and the good guys will be persecuted. It's a clown world we live, so these lies have already begun.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:18:48 AM EDT
[#6]
As others have mentioned, listen to Victor Davis Hanson speak about the content of his new book “The End Of Everything”, and how societies and cultures that were hundreds or thousands of years old were slaughtered by conquerors to the tune of hundreds of thousands of people in a short amount of time (with the survivors enslaved).  He talks about Constantinople also.

Brutal.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not totally.  Their drummer is hardcore red pilled to the point that he has barely maintained his position in the band. He is married to Serj's sister in law.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dolmayan
View Quote

From the link

"A long time comic book fan, Dolmayan owns a comic book shop, Torpedo Comics, in Las Vegas"

I'll have to check it out
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:36:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just another example of why I get pissed when people argue "Well in Europe they do this".
Multiple genocides and two world wars is what Europe gave us.
View Quote

Not to mention the countless other wars through the centuries…
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:26:04 AM EDT
[#9]
We should all study such things.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:23:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Bad poll.  I know some about it.  I suspect that most people never heard of it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I know very little.

I need to learn more
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I know very little.

I need to learn more
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know very little.

I need to learn more
It's a pretty obscure bit of history, certainly not in any high school curriculum. Not even in any college curriculum unless you have a rather specific history degree.

It is a subject that requires individual research and motivation. Certainly a subject that anyone interested in history and how it applies to today needs to know about.

The problem with such research is it tends to be lopsided and incomplete.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's a pretty obscure bit of history, certainly not in any high school curriculum. Not even in any college curriculum unless you have a rather specific history degree.

It is a subject that requires individual research and motivation. Certainly a subject that anyone interested in history and how it applies to today needs to know about.

The problem with such research is it tends to be lopsided and incomplete.

View Quote

Any suggestions on sources or materials to start?  Yes, I know OP posted his own video and I will watch that too.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Won’t happen here in my lifetime, but I kinda wish a mofo would try.
View Quote

Are you serious?

They're actively trying to cause an American Holodomor, yet you don't think it'll happen "here in your lifetime" and you "wish a mofo would try"?!?

WTF?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The left wing talk show "The Young Turks" use that name because it's a jab against Armenians and Christians.

The Young Turks were the perpetrators of the Armenian genocide.
View Quote

There is an Armenian chick working for Cenk…Anna something. She’s either ignorant as fuck or a turncoat like Margo, Putin’s wish.com version of Goebbels.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The turks were so fuckin bad even the Germans were appalled. Fuck them.
View Quote

When Vlad was a boy,
They sent him to the Turks...
But you know they didn't like him,
Because all those Turks were jerks...
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wonder why the Russians didnt intervene...............they hated the Turks. Honestly, Europe should have throttled Turkey
View Quote

One problem the EU and Biden have is Ngorno-Karabakh is internationally recognized as Azeri territory. The Armenians took it by force in the ‘90s…then rested on their laurels while the Azeris prepared to take it back. Kinda hard to condemn them for doing what Ukraine is trying to do with our support.

The Azeris are Turkish clients, and Putin has to suck Erdogan’s cock to be able to use Turkey to evade sanctions. So the Armenians were thrown under the bus. He’ll probably have to arrange a coup soon as the Armenians are pulling out of CSTO and flirting with the EU because of Putin’s feckless treachery.

I can’t stand Erdogan, but he’s far more politically astute than either Biden or Putin. As long as he blocks the Russians from reinforcing the Black Sea Fleet Biden and the Euros have to let him get away with murder….like letting Russia do business there so he can force Putin to suck up his support of Ukraine. He’s in some shit if Russia manages to recolonize Ukraine.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Russia had been a protector of the Armenians - they were in middle of a revolution during the genocide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder why the Russians didnt intervene...............they hated the Turks. Honestly, Europe should have throttled Turkey

Russia had been a protector of the Armenians - they were in middle of a revolution during the genocide.

No they weren’t. The Genocide began in 1915, shortly after the Turks repelled the Franco-British naval attempt to force the Straights to try and fix the consequences of Churchill driving the Turks into the arms of the Kaiser. It was how Enver Pasha & Co celebrated their victory, and partially because Armenians were suspected of being pro-Russian.

The Tsar wasn’t overthrown until 1917.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Martyr Made Darryl Cooper and Jocko have a great podcast on this
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Soghomon Tehlirian is considered a National Hero. He shot Talaat Pasha(one of the architects of the Armenian Genocide) in the head with a Luger in Berlin and was acquitted on all charges. The Armenians have a song called Gini Lic which is celebrating his death. The Armenians that I was drinking with were very surprised I knew who Soghomon Tehlirian was.

The world trembled of fear at the might of Armenians
The Turkish throne fell to the ground
Let me tell you the story of Taleat's death

Pour the wine, dear friend, pour the wine
Health to the one drinking

The dog Taleat fled to Berlin
Telhearyan caught up to him
He hit him on the head, he put him on the ground
Pour the wine, dear friend, pour the wine
Health to the one drinking
View Quote

He successfully used the Texas defense by convincing the jury Talaat needed killin’. Basically put him on trial, there was more than enough evidence introduced in court to prove the Genocide happened and Talaat was at the center of it….which was the point of the op….so the jury walked him.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#21]
One of my best friends is Turkish.

We talk about shit like this all the time, mostly for taking jabs and shit talking, but we've had deep conversations about it.

It always boils back to the same song and dance - religion.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:14:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Are you serious?

They're actively trying to cause an American Holodomor, yet you don't think it'll happen "here in your lifetime" and you "wish a mofo would try"?!?

WTF?
View Quote

Where “they” at? And yes, I’m serious.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I clearly specified.
Never heard of it/ just heard the name = no, not familiar.
Know some about it and above = yes.

Not trying to divide up into all subsets of possibilities. No= unacceptable on behalf of schools. That's what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Jocko Willinik and Darryl Cooper on the subject,  it's an amazing podcast on the subject.  Almost three hours so if you have a short attenton span I suggest taking small bites of this but if you love well presented knowledge the three hours zips by while your listening and doing other tasks.  Enjoy

Jocko Podcast 280: BURN. DEMOLISH. KILL. The Horrors of The Armenian Genocide
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Any suggestions on sources or materials to start?  Yes, I know OP posted his own video and I will watch that too.
View Quote
1) I will admit to having little more than I Wikipedia level of knowledge about the Armenian Genocide, which seems a good bit more than OP's "no."   Thus I have no knowledge beyond OP's video.  I do not want to detract from OP's thread but will say there are a lot more subjects that the politically astute modern free loving Westerner should have a working knowledge of, at minimum read the Wiki article.

2) List of events which shape my (and should shape your) view of history, freedom and specifically the second amendment and the reason to keep governments from having a monopoly of force, this list is not exclusive and quickly off the top of my head.

Armenian Genocide
Holodomor
Mao's Great Leap Forward.
Pol Pot
Serbian/Balkan Wars
Boer War and aftermath
Rhodesian Bush War and take over of Mugabe
Russian Civil War
Warsaw Uprising
Nicaraguan Civil War and Aftermath

I would read the Wiki articles (not just the first paragraph) on all those things before you go in to any deeper study.  I know some folks will balk at Wiki, yes it's biased... but if your prone to bias in the "other direction" it's a damn good place to start.

3) Because of this thread I will listen to OP's video, probably tomorrow morning during my workout.

4) Specifically to the OP... You should mirror on Rumble (and/or Bitchute) because by posting your vids only on YouTube you are giving tacit support to the people that want to Genocide you/me/us.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Of course I know the Armenian Genocide, we have lots written about it to read. I’m also aware there have been hundreds, probably thousands, of holocaust that we know nothing of because they got erased. History is violent, most men that can put together a sentence understand this.

Won’t happen here in my lifetime, but I kinda wish a mofo would try.
View Quote

You could benefit from watching the video if you think it won't happen in your lifetime. I don't mean this as an insult, but hopefully it is constructive criticism... but the complacent attitude you have is dangerous. An open minded outlook that this is a POSSIBILITY is best for all of us.
Prior to this genocide happening, things were good. Everyone was enjoying the modern times and believed they had come far- too far to relive any of the genocides apparent from the Old Testament and beyond. They were too civilized and educated for THAT. Yes, there was friction between the Armenians and those government, but the government sowed further division via propaganda. This propaganda started in schools but didn't stop there. Eventually the ottoman government began calling the Armenians "terrorists" and "threats to national security". Christianity was attacked. Then, the government began standing behind violent mobs of non-Christians and encouraging the mobs to go take action. Is any of this sounding familiar? It's a nearly verbatim accounting of what is happening right now.

The only difference is that they had a war to hide beh.... oh wait. Nvm.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:34:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Very interesting book.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
View Quote

LOL - Sorry but NO.

The Armenian Genocide was started in April of 1915.   The Russian Revolution was October 1917.

The Germans were absolutely pushing in the Russians Shit and taking territory deeper and deeper into Russia.

The Armenians found themselves in a Genocide because they were Christians and thus suspected of supporting the "enemies of Islam - Ottoman empire".

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
First- do you have a general understanding of what happened with the Armenian genocide? I was taught the holocaust but never the Armenian genocide.

Answer "no" if you have heard of it in name only.

I tried to give a little background for context, and then go through how it was executed. Most importantly I correlate some lessons to the modern world and point out some areas of concern. Both history and human nature indicate that it will certainly happen again.

It's not a pretty, feel-good story. But it happened and you should know about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrB0VFF0Ayw
View Quote

Watching to learn.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Watching to learn.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Watching to learn.
View Quote

@lilMAC25

Did you pick up anything from watching? Aside from the headache from that annoying arfcommer talking?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@lilMAC25

Did you pick up anything from watching? Aside from the headache from that annoying arfcommer talking?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watching to learn.

@lilMAC25

I was unaware of the methods the Turks used to kill the Armenians. Hacking and beatings, starvation and exposure.

Horrific.

Video was pretty good. I’ll open it on YT and like it
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I was unaware of the methods the Turks used to kill the Armenians. Hacking and beatings, starvation and exposure.

Horrific.

View Quote

Thank you sir! Yes, the savagery was utterly brutal. People think governments are incapable of it now because they haven't seen it. Those people are very wrong.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:42:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Are you serious?

WTF?
View Quote

Not to mention calls for Maggot re-education.

Disarmament will only make this worse.  Why anyone thinks that they will stop at European style Government is beyond me.  They always keep marching further left.  Civilian Disarmament will only push them Forward.  They WANT you dead.   They as in Marxists and Jihadists.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

When Vlad was a boy,
They sent him to the Turks...
But you know they didn't like him,
Because all those Turks were jerks...
View Quote

Vlad gave something back to their community
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Indeed, it is.

Read it a couple of years ago.

Everybody needs to know about what happened in Armenia.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Listened to the OP's (during workout) vid and have to say it didn't provide anything more than a wiki article.  But everyone learns differently and if listening vs reading is for you it is worthwhile.

You could certainly stand for a discussion on presentation.

Link Posted: 6/28/2024 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not to mention calls for Maggot re-education.

Disarmament will only make this worse.  Why anyone thinks that they will stop at European style Government is beyond me.  They always keep marching further left.  Civilian Disarmament will only push them Forward.  They WANT you dead.   They as in Marxists and Jihadists.
View Quote

I understand what they want. I’m saying what they want doesn’t matter. Americans say how this thing goes, that’s how it is. If the lizard people manage to round up an army, then transport that army to America for the purpose of the extermination of Americans, we will kill them all without asking for permission. I will personally be in that fight as fast as I can get there. Then we’ll go wherever they came from and kill all of them too. Americans are shockingly good at war, everyone knows this. We are also a moral people and will not allow the mass murder of other Americans. Not happening.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Listened to the OP's (during workout) vid and have to say it didn't provide anything more than a wiki article.  But everyone learns differently and if listening vs reading is for you it is worthwhile.

View Quote

Listen to the Jocko podcast I posted
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Listen to the Jocko podcast I posted
View Quote

Yeah the book is an excellent first hand account. They pull from the book and have an expert discussing as well.

My video was more about correlation with modern times that the Jocko pod cast did not do. I'm also told my 30 minute videos are too long and to cut them down to 5.. if you have 3 hours, then by all means watch jocko. 30 minutes plus a modern day correlation? My video is for you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm open, watching got? Putting this out because no one else is making these connections. I'm not a historian, I'm just a dumb former fireman/ems instructor trying to do what no one else will. It's been a step learning curve.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I learned about it watching Kung Fu in the late 70's.
A horrible piece of history.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yeah the book is an excellent first hand account. They pull from the book and have an expert discussing as well.

My video was more about correlation with modern times that the Jocko pod cast did not do. I'm also told my 30 minute videos are too long and to cut them down to 5.. if you have 3 hours, then by all means watch jocko. 30 minutes plus a modern day correlation? My video is for you.
View Quote

My recommendation was not a knock on your presentation.  Hopefully it spurs more interest on the historical subject and how it relates to modern times.

There are folks that will watch a 5 minute video and get interested enough to try 30 minutes and then even 3 hours on the subject.  Those with short attention spans and love the Fast and Furious movie francise cannot be saved so they'll remain ignorant.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Azerbijan turks just ethnically clensed 150k Armenians from their ancestral land after a 9 month blocade.  No one is saying shit because europe needs plausibly deniable russian fuel.

Link Posted: 6/28/2024 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Let's not also forget the Greek Genocide by Ottoman Turks.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Let's not also forget the Greek Genocide by Ottoman Turks.
View Quote

Yep. Another victim of the turks.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#47]
“Who remembers the Armenians?”

-Adolf Hitler

How fucking ignorant do you have to be to not know about the Armenian genocide?

The real question is, how many people know that the Irish potato famine was a deliberate genocide perpetrated by our friends and allies, the British?
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No they weren’t. The Genocide began in 1915, shortly after the Turks repelled the Franco-British naval attempt to force the Straights to try and fix the consequences of Churchill driving the Turks into the arms of the Kaiser. It was how Enver Pasha & Co celebrated their victory, and partially because Armenians were suspected of being pro-Russian.

The Tsar wasn’t overthrown until 1917.
View Quote

You are correct - it was WW1 with Russia on the Allies side and the Turks were on the side of Germany.

First thing the Turks would do is role into town and demand that the Armenians turn in all guns and other weapon.  Once the weapons were taken they would march the men off to be killed.  The women and children marched into exile in Syria with Kurds encouraged to rape/rob and kill them on the way.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thank you sir! Yes, the savagery was utterly brutal. People think governments are incapable of it now because they haven't seen it. Those people are very wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Horrific.

Yes.

I appreciate that you stressed that over and over, as even though i intellectually know that, I thankfully have never experienced anything like that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
“Who remembers the Armenians?”

-Adolf Hitler

How fucking ignorant do you have to be to not know about the Armenian genocide?

The real question is, how many people know that the Irish potato famine was a deliberate genocide perpetrated by our friends and allies, the British?
View Quote

Damn near half of adults has been the results I've come up with. Very sad.

The British have always been assholes, haven't they?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top