Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#1]
We had one in the Guard.  The Sergeants were afraid to tell it to cut its hair.  I asked it if DEERS had switched it over, when "he" said no, I told "him" he had to get a haircut.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not all are crazies. I agree a lot of trans people have issues mentally and socially, but I guess maybe I am biased because I know a person who is trans who is a great person, and I knew her as a him before she became a she. I knew this person on and off for 15 years and is a delightful person generally, but I have not seen her in person since her transition and only texted and called and she seems good...
but IDK.

The rest I met have blatant mental health issues and one was a wannabe gangster FtoM with a long criminal record. Just a roomie I had. Scumbag.
View Quote

Believing you are / or can be the opposite sex is 100% delusion and delusional behavior = mental illness, and mental illness = crazy.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I know none and haven't encountered any in daily life since I went to Vegas in 2016.

Lots of gay people but no trans.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I know a few gay or lesbian (mostly customers at the shop) people but no trans.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Don’t associate with them but know one from grade school.  Our parents are still  friends.  

She was always the ‘tomboy’ girl.  Just knew something was different about her at that young age.  Awkward in her own skin type of vibe.  

Anyway my mom mentioned she now transitioned into a man and showed me a picture.  Guess she’s a he now now and really pulled it off.  In some rare cases (like this) it’s legit.  87% of trans are just attention seekers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't "know" any IRL.

I "know" several who participate in an online forum that I also frequent (not counting this one).

That forum happens to be the online community in support of a language learning app. For whatever reason, the percentage participation within that forum has a notably, substantially higher representation of LGBTQ-whatevers including self-described trans or transitioning people than society in general, and certainly more than my IRL experience.

It also seems to have a much higher percentage participation of 'neurodivergent' individuals.

Related? Perhaps, perhaps not. Foreign language learning tends to attract a self-selected group of folks who, at the very least, are much more 'nerdy' than the general population. Then again, my close friends and associates IRL also tend to be nerdier than the population at large - and I see no similar concentration among that group.

Perhaps the anonymity offered online is a factor in that.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:38:55 PM EDT
[#7]
When I worked in large corporate America, there was one that worked in the main office. A guy named Kristin. More of a “traditional” tranny, not the newer kind that’s more of just a slob with a wig. One of my favorite memories was the black guy I worked with came up to me at one point with a look on his face and said “dat’s a dude, right??”
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Make mental institutions great again.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don’t associate with them but know one from grade school.  Our parents are still  friends.  

She was always the ‘tomboy’ girl.  Just knew something was different about her at that young age.  Awkward in her own skin type of vibe.  

Anyway my mom mentioned she now transitioned into a man and showed me a picture.  Guess she’s a he now now and really pulled it off.  In some rare cases (like this) it’s legit.  87% of trans are just attention seekers.
View Quote

No, in no case is it legit.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#10]
4 -
Former friend, M2F, haven't seen in years. Extreme mental health issues
REALLY ugly dude that wears dresses and demands to be called a woman. Balding, stringy hair. Works on an adjacent program M2F mental health issues
Former co-worker, married to a woman, liberal dude no kids, M2F extreme mental health issues
Tall skinny dude in pretty good shape, probably the most sane and normal of the bunch, repeat customer at my biz M2F

None of them are "passing", but the last one is probably the closest, #2 is the worst.

Honestly I am terrified of trans people, I don't want to talk to them and I don't want to be counselled.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

“We may have a newly minted gun nut among our ranks.”

Someone who should be adjudicated as mentally defective shouldn’t be celebrated.
View Quote

being "adjudicated as mentally defective" is anti-gunner talk

go be a 4473 elsewhere
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My son took a trans person (FtM) shooting a couple weeks ago.

We may have a newly minted gun nut among our ranks.
View Quote
There are so many who will have no idea what to do with that.  I say nice job.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#13]
1 Family friend I've known since I was a kid.

Story I've told before when I was little he came by with his moped and honked the horn causing the pony I was riding to spook and throw me. He walked up to check on me and I threw a perfect punch straight into his face and rocked his head back being he was 4 years older and wearing the head gear for his braces I was very impressed with myself. Now he's ruined the story when we are in the room because he now goes by she after the operation. Looked similar to the Asian girl gifs the one guy always posts. Was funny back in the bar days how many guys tried getting me to set them up. I always tried enlightening them by observing the adams apple.

My politics don't sway just because someone in my circle falls into the debate topic, especially when an agenda is being used against us and the democrats could care less about the useful idiots they are goading.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Zero.  Unlike TV they are not all over the place.  

I would not be cruel to one but I'm not going to engage in their delusions.  

I work remote so if I have to engage one of these crazy people it will be via email and unless they have a picture I will never know.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/UxDAuDu.gif

Believing you are / or can be the opposite sex is 100% delusion and delusional behavior = mental illness, and mental illness = crazy.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:44:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I've known one. The mental health issues are real.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:46:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Someone who should be adjudicated as mentally defective shouldn’t be celebrated.
View Quote

There is like 40+ percent chance they will put that firearm to use on themselves.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Bill Mayer once pointed out that one can’t get a dozen parents together in L.A. without someone mentioning their trans child ( or CrossFit, or veganism ).

This isn’t the case in Omaha, he added.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#19]
None.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#20]
There were a couple of really bad ones in town for many years. "David Lisa" would try to pass himself off as a woman and would be a regular sight around town on his bicycle. There was another really mental one who wanted people to believe that he was a woman but he'd go days without shaving and I guess he wasn't on drugs because he would still develop some serious five o'clock shadow. Before the county got real serious about forcing us to recognize them by their preferred pronouns I would slip in the occasional "sir," in our conversations. Once the county spent millions of dollars to our every employee through mandatory diversity training bi just refused to call it anything.
These people are clearly mentally ill, if these two individuals are any indication of what the rest are like
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:48:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not all are crazies. I agree a lot of trans people have issues mentally and socially, but I guess maybe I am biased because I know a person who is trans who is a great person, and I knew her as a him before she became a she. I knew this person on and off for 15 years and is a delightful person generally, but I have not seen her in person since her transition and only texted and called and she seems good...
but IDK.

The rest I met have blatant mental health issues and one was a wannabe gangster FtoM with a long criminal record. Just a roomie I had. Scumbag.
View Quote

If I told you I was really a dragon, would you think I was crazy?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#22]
In the greater Seattle metropolitan corridor, there’s no way you are not interacting with some of them in some capacity, even if you may not be aware of it. I have noticed them in food service, cashiers, school campuses, had a few as co-workers, etc.

Also, does flamboyantly gay that performs a Cher imitation count?

And hell, we have had several in GD over the years.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I avoid interacting or associating with the mentally ill.
View Quote

One, but it's not by choice. There's a guy dressed up as a woman at work.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We have one in another department, They prefer to be called "Doctor" and wear dresses and have long hair.

It's a little off-putting as They make a REALLY ugly woman.

View Quote

Yeah, I used to have to work with a dude that thought he was a woman.

Looked like the wicked witch.

Stringy, thin hair, ugly as sin, dirty dresses, ripped up hose.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I "know" zero.

The receptionist at my Dr's office seems to be one but I don't know HIM.

Like LGBTWTFBBQ folks in general, this particular fad/mental illness is grossly overrepresented in media vs reality.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't associate with degenerates with mental illness.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:52:20 PM EDT
[#29]
One died years ago due to self infected aids.

Two I knew for a couple of years. My wife and I were in the same dog breed club.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#30]
none
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#31]
None.  But I do know someone who tries to do the "They/Them" thing.

I just laugh and ask how many of them are there.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I personally don’t ‘know’ any, but I see a LOT of them up in Portland, Or when I’m up there on business.

A certain semiconductor manufacturer seems to employ a bunch of them.

They must put something in the water.

Edited to add: I forgot, I do know one. Ex-co worker (who was a shitty employee, and we ALL thought was pretty weird) transitioned shortly after getting fired.
I’m told ‘she’ came to the office for a visit about a year ago.

No pics, you wouldn’t want to see that anyway.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

There is like 40+ percent chance they will put that firearm to use on themselves.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, they have expiration dates.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#34]
How should I know?  Am I a biologist?  

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:53:05 PM EDT
[#35]
AFAIK, one. Really cute girl that decided she was a guy one day. Haven't spoken to her since that happened.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#36]
None
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Last week we were in Minneapolis for a wedding. We were there for 3 days.

I saw more trans people in that liberal shit hole than I have ever seen in my 42 years of living.
View Quote

It's all mental illness attention seeking.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#38]
3. All retired ex-Mil. Trans before it became trendy.

Now that I think about it, not really what we think of by the word "trans" these days. They are part-time crossdressers and don't think of themselves as really women.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#39]
No adults.  I have two friends that have trans children.  One is trans, the other one identifies as some sort of woodland animal.  

Those two friends are always pushing me to hire their kids to babysit.  I don't even invite them over for parties anymore, I'm not sure what makes them think I'll leave their mentally ill teenagers alone with my kid.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#40]
I knew one through work until he (OEM he) left.  I live in a rural area but this was a big city location.

That flavor of stupidity is not positively reinforced where I live.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#41]
You would think they represent 50% of the population considering how much attention they seek.

The gays I know tend to distance themselves from the T part of LGB. I know a few who stopped being politically active because of the trans hijack of their cause.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Two that are pilots.  Flown with both.  Both males going female.  Flew with the first one several decades ago before the change.  Second one just earlier this year.  Awkward, but both are good pilots.

First one was married with kids.  WAS.

Link Posted: 6/27/2024 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#43]
I know two. Surprisingly they're both decent people and don't seem to have any major issues. They also happen to be dating, so I guess the whole thing loops around into a very strange straight relationship? Fuck if I know.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#44]
I live in a town of 85,000 people and I don’t know a single one. I know a few homosexuals
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Surprisingly NONE.....but according to the radio and news, trans people make up something like 87% of the population
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#46]
No live ones, met several after they were dead.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Talking to my buddy who lives in Florida... Conservative area. We were discussing the whole trans movement and how it has the ears of business and politics. He said "I dont get it, I dont know a single trans person, how do they have such a strong movement" I said "You dont know a single one? I know about a dozen!" (I know I know... I live in California... I get it) He did not believe me. I had to seriously count them out and yeah... about a dozen.

I just want to do a poll to see who is more "odd man out" Is it more prevalent in the blue states than red states? Obviously, the big cities will see more than rural areas.

I guess I was shocked he didn't know any and he was shocked that I knew THAT many.
View Quote

I might seriously reconsider my life if I could count a dozen trans people that I knew off hand.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Ran into one that was the hiring manager for a job I was applying for with an imminent layoff looming.  Interview went south almost immediately when I “misgendered” him. A mtf with no effort to pass except for letting his hair grow long. Had the creepiest laugh. Needless to say, I didn’t get the job. Worked out in the end, as a couple weeks later I landed a job that paid 30% more than that one.

Worked with two others, both mtf.

One was cool for the most part, and really good at their job, but was something of a drama Queen as he went to HR multiple times to complain about “misgendering” him. They told him  they weren’t doing shit until he changed his name and gender officially.

The other was really gay, and was claiming to be trans because it gave him power for the first time in his life. He was changing his name pretty much every few months. He didn’t last long once the job sent us all home for Covid.

Seen a few at fast food drive-in windows.

Think I ran into a trap at my PT job, looked like a woman but was wearing one of those lace chokers goth girls and trannies like to wear and her mannerisms were…kinda off. She was looking for .45-70 for the Thompson contender she had bought, and showed me pictures of it. She was keen on hunting from talking to her. If she was mtf, she was by far the most passable I’ve met. Most don’t really seem to try and pass.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#49]
None. Never even met one in real life until I worked in an ER. They're all batshit crazy.

Edit: Spoke to one years ago when I worked at an insurance company. Guy wanted to know why we didn't cover his pap smear
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#50]
One.. and not someone I'm friends with, just know of them.

Friend of my sister in law. She has several kids (I think early teens) and was married. Completely abandoned her family to become a dude, changed her name from Diana to Dune.

For some reason people who go trans always have to pick retarded names. In many cases if you meet one who you're not sure if they're OEM or not, the stupid name is a dead giveaway.

I took my kids to Seattle the other week for the first time in years. Nephew is visiting and he begged to go to the space needle. One of the elevator operators there was an obvious dude who introduced himself as Cloud

Used to occasionally have a company rep on some of our ships that looked exactly like that retarded trans Army general we have. Big burly ass man with long hair in a dress.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top