Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
2 or 3.

Now that I think about it, they all have one thing in common:

Union Operators.

Also as an aside, I really don't give a shit if someone wants to belong  to that one group or that other group.  Just be a decent human being and not be actively anti-gun.
View Quote

My BIL is now my DIL and still a pretty core pro gunner. Her/his collection while nothing special is pretty well rounded.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#2]
zero
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Know?

Zero and Id have no association with someone that was a tranny

Freaks Ive seen in public?

A few which is too many
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#4]
@DrFrige

I live in Florida - the Tampa Bay Area more specifically.

They’re everywhere here. I personally am acquainted with a few of them and we encounter others here and there when we go out with semi-frequent regularity.

The bar tender at one of the local spots the girlfriend and I frequent is a self-proclaimed non-binary woman.

There’s usually no reason for this to come up in conversation, but anyone that knows me well enough or wants to force the issue knows that I don’t play the pronoun game. I’ll call you whatever name you want, but I consider the pronoun game a coercive imposition on me and my belief in objective truth and reality.

That said, even in this area which has one of the largest Pride parades in the country, I don’t think they are even close to one half of one percent of the population. I don’t know why the West, and the US in particular, seems so hell-bent on bending over backward to reorganize society to suit the mental illness of such a minuscule proportion of the population.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Make mental institutions great again.
View Quote

Quos Deus vult perdere, prius dementat
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:11:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My niece's daughter thinks she's a man, my wife told her "let me know when you grow a dick and then we can discuss your gender." Her, her mother and my brother haven't spoken to us since. Good.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Have some homosexuals at work but no trannys....so zero.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I think I've only ever seen one.

There is some dude that works at Walmart here and wears a dress.  Don't know if he's had any mods done.  Just looks like a dude with long hair in a dress to me.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't "know" any IRL.

I "know" several who participate in an online forum that I also frequent (not counting this one).

That forum happens to be the online community in support of a language learning app. For whatever reason, the percentage participation within that forum has a notably, substantially higher representation of LGBTQ-whatevers including self-described trans or transitioning people than society in general, and certainly more than my IRL experience.

It also seems to have a much higher percentage participation of 'neurodivergent' individuals.

Related? Perhaps, perhaps not. Foreign language learning tends to attract a self-selected group of folks who, at the very least, are much more 'nerdy' than the general population. Then again, my close friends and associates IRL also tend to be nerdier than the population at large - and I see no similar concentration among that group.

Perhaps the anonymity offered online is a factor in that.

View Quote

Is learning a foreign language something more conservatives do, or liberals?

I have teenagers, so I'm on a board about colleges, the whole process of finding a good fit for your kids and paying for it plus anything related.

I was surprised by how many parents won't consider southern schools because they don't feel their kid would be "safe". The board is mostly female and overwhelmingly liberal, which I figure is natural given how conservatives feel about education these days, so I wasn't surprised by all the people who don't want to send their kids to a red state over political stuff or abortion rights, but I was surprised by how many parents actually brought up access to "gender affirming care" as a concern.

I'm just not seeing it here. There's almost 3000 kids at our local HS and my kids don't know of any that identify trans. I do hear about several varieties of lesbianism though, the purple-haired activists types are rarer than the ones that keep the muff diving on the DL. Very few dudes are out, even so nobody seems to care when they are.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Have seen a couple around here,  in a conservative part of Colorado.

Im with your friend, how did they come to carry such a big stick?
View Quote

It’s ALL about the breaking down of Western culture and Judeo-Christian ethics.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We had one in the Guard.  The Sergeants were afraid to tell it to cut its hair.  I asked it if DEERS had switched it over, when "he" said no, I told "him" he had to get a haircut.
View Quote

This post is confusing.  It seems you are talking about a man pretending to be a woman and following female grooming standards.  But you put the male pronouns in quotes.  If it’s a man, no quotes are needed.  It’s correct use of the pronouns.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe about a dozen including casual acquaintances. One or two I'd call friends, a few are reasonable functioning adults, more would still be nutjobs even aside from being trans.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Don’t associate with them but know one from grade school.  Our parents are still  friends.  

She was always the ‘tomboy’ girl.  Just knew something was different about her at that young age.  Awkward in her own skin type of vibe.  

Anyway my mom mentioned she now transitioned into a man and showed me a picture.  Guess she’s a he now now and really pulled it off.  In some rare cases (like this) it’s legit.  87% of trans are just attention seekers.
View Quote

No, she is not a he.  She is and always will be a she regardless of what she pretends to be.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I know 3.
One is a relative of a relative, FTM. Met her once.
The other 2 are MTF. Both of them are in the construction trades / contracting. Both transitioned in their late 40s early 50s when their parents died. One I suspected was gay, but the other one was a surprise to everyone.  I don't interact with them socially, but our paths cross in business.
Area is very conservative, so instead of going fully female with their names, they just started using their initials.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I know of one.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#16]
If you dont know who the tranny is, it might be you.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Zero.   Never even seen one.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Been a explosion of lez/bi women/young women from one village.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My son took a trans person (FtM) shooting a couple weeks ago.

We may have a newly minted gun nut among our ranks.
View Quote

You probably just trained a mass shooter. Deep thinking there.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Zero, I don’t associate with weirdos
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Thankfully, none. I don't associate with degenerates or the mentally ill. Troons are both.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#22]
none that I know of
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#23]
None, but my childhood friends sister apparently has a daughter who is doing the man thing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:21:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah that's a great idea! It's not like they hate every single thing that conservatives hold dear.  It's not like they're mentally unstable and have a propensity to shoot up schools or night clubs while promoting trans days of rage.

You're right, it's not like the vast majority of them don't want to see me, my family members, my church members dead in a ditch while they teach their perversion and encourage sex changes for grade school children.

Yeah buddy, I'm there with you, great idea to arm them and teach them to shoot.

News flash.... Just because they like guns doesn't make them friends any more than some inner urban gangbanger pos or some taliban.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:23:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My BIL is now my DIL and still a pretty core pro gunner. Her/his collection while nothing special is pretty well rounded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 or 3.

Now that I think about it, they all have one thing in common:

Union Operators.

Also as an aside, I really don't give a shit if someone wants to belong  to that one group or that other group.  Just be a decent human being and not be actively anti-gun.

Your brother in law is now your daughter in law?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#26]
None, I try to stay away from mentally ill people.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I've known a bunch of very feminine dudes, and very masculine/butch women, but none of them said they were the opposite sex.

I think that's always been what people see/know vs this new thing.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:24:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Think I need to change my vote, i've remembered a couple more as I read the thread.

First was a former co-worker, close to a decade ago.  They worked in IT, add was "Goth-Lite"...typical in the 2010's.  One day He sent a company wide email, claiming Gender Dysmorphia and announcing their new name.  Company owner was supportive and allowed the name change in company rosters.  The IT people really kept to themselves anyway, plus I was a service technician, so essentially ZERO interaction.  

Second was an ER nurse, southeast asian travel nurse.  MtoF, and from a distance, quite passable...upclose and speaking, not so much.  No issues when handing off patients and giving reports.

Third is a family member...Gen Z cousin, and was always "eccentric".  The transition is very recent, and only pharmaceutical, as far as I care to know.  Very NOT passable.  Not a side of the family I interact with much.  

Now, working in EMS, I've come across at least 3 that I know are trans.  

so, 6+?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If I told you I was really a dragon, would you think I was crazy?
View Quote

A lot less crazy than if you said you were a chick with a dick  
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#30]
A few. One of them is the son of a couple up the street. He's thought he was a girl since Kindergarten and is now living as one in the 5th grade. Parents are both devout Conservatives.

Another is the teenage daughter of an acquaintance. Parents also very Conservative; dad did 20+ years in the Corps.

One of my wife's best friends is a prosecutor in one of the shittiest demhole cities in the country. She's also very Conservative. Daughter thinks she's a boy.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#31]
One. My niece.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Know as in am friends with?
Zero.
Have met and know OF?  Probably Four or five.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with giving a firearm to a mentally ill goofball that indulges in grandiose fantasy?

JFC.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Zero, I don’t associate with weirdos
View Quote

Yet, here you are in GD.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#35]
One from basic that got discharged, but I think it was all internal as he wasn't cross dressing, acting gay, or showing anything "unusual" in the showers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I only knew one years ago. I actually felt bad for him/her. Marriage was a mess and a few kids they had were so confused and hurting. Really sad deal.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Two that are pilots.  Flown with both.  Both males going female.  Flew with the first one several decades ago before the change.  Second one just earlier this year.  Awkward, but both are good pilots.

First one was married with kids.  WAS.

View Quote

There are a couple pilots (as of a few years ago) at AA. I’m sure there are tons at UA!

I know there were several FA’s at AA and you had to be careful on layovers.

My wife knows of a F2M around town and she has a “Pat” (SNL reference) at work.

I may have dodged the bullet in the mid-80’s. Went to a small gathering at some guys house. There was a smokin’ chick there with incredible blue eyes. I was in full Go mode until my buddy told me that was a dude. NFW was my first reaction…then crap! Dodged THAT bullet!

Apparently he was a bartender at a skanky but hopping bar/disco on the west side of Indy. We went one night a couple weeks later and my buddy pointed him out. I don’t think that ugly sob could have done anything to turn himself into a hot looking “chick”.

Glad I passed on it just to be safe.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:28:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have seen a couple around here,  in a conservative part of Colorado.

Im with your friend, how did they come to carry such a big stick?

It’s about training people to lie on command.  And some of the replies in this thread indicate that it’s working.

From HBO’s Chernobyl :  “The truth offends, so we lie until we can’t remember it is there.  But it is still there.  Every lie incurs a debt to the truth, and sooner or later that debt will be repaid.”
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
None. Never even met one in real life until I worked in an ER. They're all batshit crazy.

Edit: Spoke to one years ago when I worked at an insurance company. Guy wanted to know why we didn't cover his pap smear
View Quote

THAT’S the insanity part. You’re not a woman. You can’t do woman stuff. Pretending that you can is crazy.

Maybe if I met one who accepted that he always wanted to live life as a woman and this was how he was proceeding, I could accept it. But declaring yourself to be a woman when you were born with a dick is insane.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#40]
ZERO
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quite a few. My social life is conducted largely in an environment which tends to attract them. I give them the respect due to another person with the same interests as me, and excuse myself of they start beating their breasts about how bad they have it. And surprisingly enough, most don't. The few I know who do would be just as unpleasant if they weren't trans - shitty personalities aren't created by hormones and surgery.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:31:53 PM EDT
[#42]
I know 1 actual trans, and 4 or 5 homosexuals that have taken on much more traits of the other gender than their birth gender but not declared they're trans.
It doesn't bother me a bit and they can live their lives however they see fit as long as it doesn't violate the freedom of others.

A lot of people like to have their own liberty but want to violate the liberty of others.  That's not how liberty works...
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

There are a couple pilots (as of a few years ago) at AA. I’m sure there are tons at UA!

I know there were several FA’s at AA and you had to be careful on layovers.

My wife knows of a F2M around town and she has a “Pat” (SNL reference) at work.

I may have dodged the bullet in the mid-80’s. Went to a small gathering at some guys house. There was a smokin’ chick there with incredible blue eyes. I was in full Go mode until my buddy told me that was a dude. NFW was my first reaction…then crap! Dodged THAT bullet!

Apparently he was a bartender at a skanky but hopping bar/disco on the west side of Indy. We went one night a couple weeks later and my buddy pointed him out. I don’t think that ugly sob could have done anything to turn himself into a hot looking “chick”.

Glad I passed on it just to be safe.
View Quote

There are more than a few with Delta of recent
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#44]
None and I'm surrounded by libs around Chicago.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Spoke to one years ago when I worked at an insurance company. Guy wanted to know why we didn't cover his pap smear
View Quote

You mean to say gynecological exams for men are not covered procedures?

Not even pregnancy tests?
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Seen a few in the wild.  Never known any personally though. I am good with that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:35:03 PM EDT
[#47]
I have several friends with daughters age 16-18 that have been infected by social media and now think they're boys. It's a bleeding shame, but the wives think it makes them special and won't hear a word against it. I predict a couple of eventual divorces once the other kids are grown.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:36:32 PM EDT
[#48]
I live on the conservative FL panhandle.  I know two:
My doctor (PCM) and a clerk at a local bookstore.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#49]
A guy that owned a metrology business that inspected my measuring tools and gages went from being a Robert to Roberta, it was odd the first time he stopped by wearing a dress. That was probably 30 years ago, he was ahead of his time.

Another guy I went to high school with, hell of an athlete, started wearing dresses and whoring himself out. He died of aids or something, he was also ahead of his time.

I don't know any of this current crop of freaks and hope it stays that way.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
We have one in another department, They prefer to be called "Doctor" and wear dresses and have long hair.

It's a little off-putting as They make a REALLY ugly woman.
View Quote
It's even more offputting when they uncanny valley "pass."

I don't know any.

I have been around a few.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top