Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:

If you’re not comfortable with your wife doing such things, then you shouldn’t be doing them either.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Cooper1:
Lol.
I shuttled a young female coworker around when she needed to do stuff at work. We were friends.  I would never be inappropriate to her or my wife.  Also discussed work issues because she trusted my opinion.
You either have integrity or you don't.
View Quote

People who have it usually avoid situations that call it into question.  Sometimes in a work environment you don’t have much choice, but voluntarily putting yourself in questionable situations is foolish.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Elijah1:

Absolutely not.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2024 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Explorer225:
Married male coworker sitting in a car just talking to a single female coworker. They were noticed by the boss on company property last night.

My question for the married guys. Would your wife be OK with this? Are you OK with it?
No judgment on my part and it's none of my business, but it definitely not something I would do if married.

Yes. I know I'm old fashioned.
View Quote
No, I would not do that unless it was some sort of medical emergency or similar. Appearances matter, and temptations are never far off.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 11:50:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Explorer225:
Married male coworker sitting in a car just talking to a single female coworker. They were noticed by the boss on company property last night.

My question for the married guys. Would your wife be OK with this? Are you OK with it?
No judgment on my part and it's none of my business, but it definitely not something I would do if married.

Yes. I know I'm old fashioned.
View Quote
No, I would not do that unless it was some sort of medical emergency or similar. Appearances matter, and temptations are never far off.
Link Posted: 9/27/2024 11:54:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skywarp2203] [#6]
Originally Posted By treelow:
Zero context in OP’s story (not surprising from him).

OP doesn’t even have a significant other, so why does he care? MYOB? Etc etc

OP always starts relationship threads here like this.

OP needs to go to church, or something.

Also, lots of insecurity showing from posters.

View Quote

@treelow
Kind of giving  ArmedKulak vibes.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Do they travel, work in sales, go to meetings at other locations? There are a million reasons it could be totally fine.

And if it isn't any of those reasons then the perception makes is a problem and the boss should address it.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Clarinath:
If I did something that stupid and Mrs_clarinath found out I would need to duck and cover every time I saw a flash reflection off glass within 800 yards…

I would still die.
View Quote

She's a good shot too?

Remind me not to piss your family off.😁
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe he isn't getting any at home and wants to get laid but doesn't want to get raked over the alimony and child support coals.

I've never cheated, but I'm not going to judge because you don't know what he's going through at home.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Cohutta:
Wouldn’t care. Wouldn’t pay it any notice. But I’m old. Have learned to just live/let live. Mind my business works best for me.
View Quote

Same here, also when I was working I was often alone with other women in automobiles and my wife didn't care.  We used to have this smoking hot 18 year old babysitter, and I would have to take her home because my wife was too intoxicated from date night.  Wife didn't car either.  My wife once volunteered me to go on a overnight hike, because she didn't have anyone to go with.  I declined that one for sure.  
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:13:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Elijah1:

Absolutely not.
View Quote

Link Posted: Yesterday 12:14:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Hell no
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:23:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I would need to clean my car first but no problem.  Maybe it is a private conversation and you don't want to stand in 114F heat to have it.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By PikeSlayer:
I sit in my car every night after practice with my assistant coach, who is 27, single, and super attractive. Recap day's practice, schedule stuff, etc. Like model attractive. My wife knows too, and doesn't care because she knows I'm not going to try and fuck her.
View Quote

Screen name doesn’t check
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#15]
MYOB
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:34:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKFF] [#16]
Nvm
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Out of respect for my relationship and knowing how I would feel if the shoe was on the other foot, I will not interact with female co-workers in anything more than what is required to be friendly and professional in the performance of my job. I won't go out to lunch, hang out outside of work, use nicknames, talk about relationships and related activities, etc with the women at work.

I know that it would make my wife uncomfortable and I'd be equally uncomfortable if I found out my wife was being too friendly with a dude from work so I don't put myself in those situations.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:50:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:51:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:51:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:53:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:57:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By California_Kid:
My wife wouldn't be bothered by that at all.
View Quote

This. My wife isn't the jealous type and trusts me too. Not a concern. People still assume opposite sex equals something inappropriate? What if she is into women? Two guys alone in a car might be suspect these days for that matter.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:58:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#23]
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:15:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Does not meet my "above reproach" criteria so, no, inappropriate for me, regardless of context.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:19:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By cap6888:
Meh.  Needs a lot more context and info.
View Quote

They had just finished fucking.  
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:24:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Maybe hes helping her find tires for her car?

I dont really care they are adults.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:27:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Tell me you are not married to a Latina without telling me you are not married to a Latina.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:57:15 AM EDT
[#28]
No

There have been many good reasons given in this thread already why the answer is No.

Link Posted: Yesterday 2:07:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Wouldn’t care. Wouldn’t pay it any notice. But I’m old. Have learned to just live/let live. Mind my business works best for me.
View Quote

Agreed, but it's bad news bears for the married folk.
Link Posted: Yesterday 3:16:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Mike Pence says no, good enough for me
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:19:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
I wouldn't put myself in that situation out of respect for my wife.

Then again, I've only got the energy for one woman's drama as it is. I don't need to take on more.
View Quote

same here. I'd be afraid that stuff like that would come back to haunt me
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:31:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Cranky_CJ:

This
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cranky_CJ:
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:

If you’re not comfortable with your wife doing such things, then you shouldn’t be doing them either.

This

Fact.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:31:47 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

This 1,000X.

Not my circus. Not my monkeys. I have more than enough drama in my life as it is and no reason to go looking to get involved in somebody else's issues. Not every guy is a uncontrolable horn-dog with a broken zipper.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:13:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kilroytheknifesnob] [#34]
As a guy, I avoid being around female colleagues alone.

But I also understand this attitude is detrimental to women’s equality and effectiveness in the workplace.

But also, I have to protect my ability to make money, so…

ETA: two people in a car, if that’s the only context, doesn’t mean anything.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:15:30 AM EDT
[#35]
I wouldn't do it and I wouldn't accept it.

The wife wouldn't have an issue with me doing it, but probably because she's not American.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:25:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PolarBear416] [#36]
It wouldn't even occur to me that giving a coworker a ride somewhere is anything but kind, but a LOT depends on context, and how they are interacting.

People are good at reading body language, and can usually tell the difference between a guy giving a woman a ride, and a guy giving a woman a ride. I'm guessing this is now a thread topic because something seemed off

Link Posted: Yesterday 5:26:35 AM EDT
[#37]
I was at a business conference alone (I'm married) in early 2022. After a long day in the hotel conference center a large group of us went to a local restaurant. I had a rental car, but some folks didn't get one because the entire event was under the hotel roof. Well, this woman needed a ride (she was married but there alone) I told her sure she could go with me and about 20 people scrambled to whatever rental cars we had. Dinner is over and we head back to the hotel. I head to the elevator, and she steps on it with me. I put my floor in, and she does the same to a different floor. I'm on floor two, door opens, and she follows me off the elevator. I walk about 10 feet and realize this chick is coming to my room. I turn around and look at her and say, "Your room is on the 3rd floor" She takes the hint and returns to the elevator.

I called my wife and retold the story, and she busts out laughing. She tells me I'm very slow picking up hints... I had to agree.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:26:57 AM EDT
[#38]
My wife and I have female friends. On occasion I've gotten lunch with or had a beer with them.
I have 0 energy for a 2nd relationship. I've still not met a girl I'd trade mine for, so it's all kinda irrelevant.
I have no issues with my wife doing same, i have no worries of her chesting., And if something happened I'd get a new one even younger.
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:41:54 AM EDT
[#39]
IDK.

I’ve got a colleague in his 50s who is constantly trying to FaceBook “friend” every 20-something, remotely hot woman he meets. He’s married. I don’t think he expects to get anything from these young women. He just seems to collect them.

Link Posted: Yesterday 5:56:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Bronc] [#40]
I have two situations to discuss….first of all I am a very happily married and would never do a thing to hurt my wife

I don’t agree with just sitting in the car….that is not good at all, I would never do it

When I was working, I was, and still close to a female machinery engineer.  We worked an lot of refinery problems together and I would put her up against any engineer, she was tops and knew her stuff…she was two years younger than me and we went to lunch together at least three times a week.  Did this for years.  My wife knows her very well and we still get together today even after both of us being retired.  She has never been married and one heck of a lady

The second situation is a have a group of lady friends, four of them, and we see each other at 6 AM mass on Wednesdays.  We will get coffee together after mass about once a month.  My wife got mad a few years back because I was the only man and sitting in the coffee shop with these ladies.  Said she was not happy with me doing that, even though every lady in the group is as nice and married as can be.

So I fixed this:  I said the ladies want to get coffee after mass this Wednesday so please come to 6 AM mass with me and go to coffee with us.  Well she backed off after figuring out she needed to get up at 4 AM to get ready to go to 6 AM mass.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:23:17 AM EDT
[#41]
No and my wife wouldn’t either.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:
I have two situations to discuss….first of all I am a very happily married and would never do a thing to hurt my wife

I don’t agree with just sitting in the car….that is not good at all, I would never do it

When I was working, I was, and still close to a female machinery engineer.  We worked an lot of refinery problems together and I would put her up against any engineer, she was tops and knew her stuff…she was two years younger than me and we went to lunch together at least three times a week.  Did this for years.  My wife knows her very well and we still get together today even after both of us being retired.  She has never been married and one heck of a lady

The second situation is a have a group of lady friends, four of them, and we see each other at 6 AM mass on Wednesdays.  We will get coffee together after mass about once a month.  My wife got mad a few years back because I was the only man and sitting in the coffee shop with these ladies.  Said she was not happy with me doing that, even though every lady in the group is as nice and married as can be.

So I fixed this:  I said the ladies want to get coffee after mass this Wednesday so please come to 6 AM mass with me and go to coffee with us.  Well she backed off after figuring out she needed to get up at 4 AM to get ready to go to 6 AM mass.
View Quote

So your wife is lazier than she is distrusting?
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:25:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Probably not.  I'm sure my wife would not approve regardless of context.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:26:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By PikeSlayer:
I sit in my car every night after practice with my assistant coach, who is 27, single, and super attractive. Recap day's practice, schedule stuff, etc. Like model attractive. My wife knows too, and doesn't care because she knows I'm not going to try and fuck her.
View Quote

Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward fixing it. Now get that T checked and get better soon, cause you ain't right.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
I wouldn't put myself in that situation out of respect for my wife.

Then again, I've only got the energy for one woman's drama as it is. I don't need to take on more.
View Quote

Fuckin truth
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:23:16 AM EDT
[#46]
I’ve seen this behavior a dozen times over the years.

It always leads to sex.

Usually to destroyed marriages.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:27:27 AM EDT
[#47]
not much goin on in the small town?
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By UV18:
Context matters. And if the wife knows also matters.
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Anything that would disrespect my wife and my commitment to my family is a no go for me. They are the most important things in my life. It could be a perfectly innocent thing going on in that car. But I wouldn’t put myself in that situation.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:33:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By rtintwo:
100% not acceptable. Parking lot BJs are a thing.

View Quote

Then the boss wouldn't have seen her head...
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top