User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 220
Link Posted: 10/7/2010 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Page 35 is mine!

Just got the SOPMOD, all I need now is the 600 lumen kit from TNVC.  It is off to the woods tomorrow to test some ammo.

Link Posted: 10/8/2010 12:56:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By camaroguy:
Holy shizzle Trident those are some tight ass groups!!! When you say Rock 16" SS I'm assuming you mean the Rock River SS Heavy Barrel, Middy, Wylde Chamber? Sorry for the lack of LMT MRP knowledge, but I thought the MRP only takes LMT barrels? Again I don't know that much about that particular rifle. Please fill me in when you get the chance. Really nice shooting by the way the barrel can only take you so far the rest is on you and you outdid yourself!

It's a Mike Rock barrel. Definitely not a rock river barrel.

http://www.rockcreekbarrels.com/
Link Posted: 10/8/2010 2:55:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#3]
Originally Posted By isullivan:
Originally Posted By TRIDENT1982:
I will try and keep this brief as I am straight up glowing like a tellatubby, I have never been so impressed and overwhelmingly satisfied with a product within the world of Firearms or Fresh/Salt water fishing by an incredibly large margin.

Today was one of those range trips that reminds me why the hell I love the 2nd. I have never come close to owning a firearm as accurate as this new MRP Recce w. Rock SS 16"..... its ASTONISHING and I personally would bet my pink slip that this is the most accurate 16" or even 18" 5.56 barrel made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not hard to completely sell out to the MRP platform from a number of different routes however if AR precision is your niche.....the Rock SS 16" and Rock SPR 18" in conjunct w. a stretch chassis is EASILY the most accurate ARs I shot, read about or even could have dreamed about.

This new SS 16" has shot every type of ammo I tried better group wise than one particular barrel shot any one of the particular rounds. That is simply unparalleled in terms of being able to feed the damn thing anything and get basically moa or sub moa results. Sorry guys, I am done bragging but I just never have seen anything come close to what this new rig does.

http://i54.tinypic.com/fzaq0h.jpg
Start out w. my two constant loads.......Hornady 5.56 75gr. TAP T2 and Hornady 55gr. Vmax
http://i52.tinypic.com/dpbzf7.jpg

These next three should illustrate just how well this barrel shoots in terms of whatever the hell you have on hand.......
Monarch/Academy Sports 55gr. FMJBT........Never once got a group under 2.5-3moa with it.(This group is arguably the most impressive of the day using such terrible ammo for accuracy)

Remington Accu-Tip 55gr........One of the most disappointing rounds imho considering its supposed to be Rem's equivilent to my lil main stay the Hornady 55gr.vmax(never got this stuff under 2" before and the box today just like usual had mixed primers, brass and I would assume even projectiles...screw Remington)

Lastly, the only other "Match" ammo used today besides the TAP T2....and it did ok, 10rds. at 1.04"....never really shot this stuff so cannot really judge past and present accuracy but moa or below works for me.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2wp5lvr.jpg

Eta....The brakeout is spectacular but got maligned by the first real AAR on the new 16" SS mrp barrel. The large port at 12 o'clock and then the two large side ports at 3 and 9 o'clock absolutely lock this rig down when using a bipod...aka eliminates bipod bounce and its amazing how by just adding that new muzzle device this rig never loses the target sight picture through the glass between shots. Kinda scared by using brakes or radical muzzle devices on precision guns and usually prefer just a standard 51t blackout but this brakeout is a helluva piece of kit....I def. hate my old fsc556 now and wish I only had bought this sooner.
1:7 or 1:8 twist rate? That thing shoots extremely well.

The first few in the beginning in the 18" SPR model were done in 1/8ths....Edwin has one that he says is quite accurate and groups most loads very nicely but perhaps not capable of plotting the T2 or MK262 in ridiculously small groups like his Rock 16" SS (1/7th).  So ever since the first batch or two they have all been 1/7ths.  My 18" SPR that is about 14 months old was my favorite barrel and my most accurate AR but this new 16" SS is something else imho.  

Some of the badness folks can tell about how long I have been talking about this Rock 16" SS and then the whole debate b/t the Rock 16" SS vs 18" SPR....I cannot stomach to admit my conclusion so far but lets just say I prob. have no use now for my MRP SPR....I should know soon just how useless the SPR really is but the writing is already on the wall.  I am officially in the extreme minority in saying that in the world of precision based Recce/Recons and SPRs/MK 12's I am actually gonna take a recce over the spr/mk12.  I easily love the 16" vs 18" precision AR concept more than any other AR concept/platform and its just too much fun to run with the NSW-C org. idea and explore all the nuisances to it.  I prob. could get all my kicks in just this thread along with the spr and mk 12 threads and of course #3

I am calling out Edwin's Rock SS 16" to a duel just for the record but that guy never comes around anymore.....

eta...perhaps you made the ultimate right call with the sopmod vs. the ubr as it really does look fantastic in the above pic and brings out more compactness for some reason or at least in my eye in your overall config.  What tube are you running....if its the LMT, than you are straight up hydraulic
Link Posted: 10/8/2010 3:07:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By camaroguy:
Holy shizzle Trident those are some tight ass groups!!! When you say Rock 16" SS I'm assuming you mean the Rock River SS Heavy Barrel, Middy, Wylde Chamber? Sorry for the lack of LMT MRP knowledge, but I thought the MRP only takes LMT barrels? Again I don't know that much about that particular rifle. Please fill me in when you get the chance. Really nice shooting by the way the barrel can only take you so far the rest is on you and you outdid yourself!

Thanks Clearly not my style but hey...even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally or in my case puts a group together

The MRP barrel thing is def. confusing for most folks given LMT makes all their standard upper barrels in house IIrc....however every LMT sold MRP or now MWS barrel is made by Mike Rock at Rock Creek Barrels who has a very similar style of building barrels to Barrett "Boots" Obermeyer who he apprenticed under.  

In terms of specs:  Its a 1/7th 16" SS w. LMT's proprietary MRP barrel contour that both the CL and SS models share.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I will try and keep this brief as I am straight up glowing like a tellatubby, I have never been so impressed and overwhelmingly satisfied with a product within the world of Firearms or Fresh/Salt water fishing by an incredibly large margin.

Today was one of those range trips that reminds me why the hell I love the 2nd.  I have never come close to owning a firearm as accurate as this new MRP Recce w. Rock SS 16"..... its ASTONISHING and I personally would bet my pink slip that this is the most accurate 16" or even 18" 5.56 barrel made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Its not hard to completely sell out to the MRP platform from a number of different routes however if AR precision is your niche.....the Rock SS 16" and Rock SPR 18" in conjunct w. a stretch chassis is EASILY the most accurate ARs I shot, read about or even could have dreamed about.

This new SS 16" has shot every type of ammo I tried better group wise than one particular barrel shot any one of the particular rounds.  That is simply unparalleled in terms of being able to feed the damn thing anything and get basically moa or sub moa results.  Sorry guys, I am done bragging but I just never have seen anything come close to what this new rig does.  

http://i54.tinypic.com/fzaq0h.jpg
Start out w. my two constant loads.......Hornady 5.56 75gr. TAP T2 and Hornady 55gr. Vmax
http://i52.tinypic.com/dpbzf7.jpg

These next three should illustrate just how well this barrel shoots in terms of whatever the hell you have on hand.......
Monarch/Academy Sports 55gr. FMJBT........Never once got a group under 2.5-3moa with it.(This group is arguably the most impressive of the day using such terrible ammo for accuracy)

Remington Accu-Tip 55gr........One of the most disappointing rounds imho considering its supposed to be Rem's equivilent to my lil main stay the Hornady 55gr.vmax(never got this stuff under 2" before and the box today just like usual had mixed primers, brass and I would assume even projectiles...screw Remington)

Lastly, the only other "Match" ammo used today besides the TAP T2....and it did ok, 10rds. at 1.04"....never really shot this stuff so cannot really judge past and present accuracy but moa or below works for me.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2wp5lvr.jpg

Eta....The brakeout is spectacular but got maligned by the first real AAR on the new 16" SS mrp barrel.  The large port at 12 o'clock and then the two large side ports at 3 and 9 o'clock absolutely lock this rig down when using a bipod...aka eliminates bipod bounce and its amazing how by just adding that new muzzle device this rig never loses the target sight picture through the glass between shots.  Kinda scared by using brakes or radical muzzle devices on precision guns and usually prefer just a standard 51t blackout but this brakeout is a helluva piece of kit....I def. hate my old fsc556 now and wish I only had bought this sooner.

Awesome, was deciding between the breakout and sm556(different version of fsc for silencer, but i just like the looks of the sm over the fsc), Its gonna be permed so i dont want to make the wrong choice... looks like its the breakout

BTW, I cant wait to graduate and get a "bigboy" job... first paycheck im building a recce.  Gonna be lookin into those mike rock barrels.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 11:32:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TRIDENT1982] [#6]
Its an exceptional new item that actual does its damn job without all the headaches that come with brakes that run as efficient as this brakeout does.  Since its an AAC product it will def. not get the T&E's and love that it deserves but for what its worth I could not endorse the device more and I can promise it would put the fsc556 outta business if buyers tried both side by side before buying as the brakeout is SO MUCH more efficient in terms of not only reduced gun movement but almost as important, this unit ports the gases so nicely and what would appear to be a good bit more uniform than that gnarly fsc556 with massive concussive report and that cool ability to catch shit on fire if positioned over a flammable support and successive rds a shot.

I was relieved to see this device have zero detrimental effect on  precision applications whereas recently the great folks who make the  battlecomps expressly rec. NOT running these on precision applications.  

Love to see you bring a Rock home and perhaps Tues. afternoon I can post some more motivation for you

ETA.....after wrapping up at AU less than 2 yrs ago and now transitioning into the "big boy" world I must admit, Life kinda sucks

pic
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 3:35:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JonLSU] [#7]
I agree with the couple posts above on the AAC Brakeout.  I wasn't sure how good it was going to work, but I have to say I'm impressed.  There is absolutely no muzzle rise when doing double and triple taps without the suppressor on.  My only kind of complaint is that it's loud(but thats what the suppressor is for)
I normally run an Acog on it, just don't have a pic of it on the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Recce-ish

Link Posted: 10/19/2010 12:11:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I am calling out Edwin's Rock SS 16" to a duel just for the record but that guy never comes around anymore.....

Busy busy, Trident!

And the 18" ain't all bad, it just loves 55gr match rounds. Great fun with the ACOG and near zero recoil with the QC MSTN brake.

And the 16" rocks on!

And both chassis in one shot!

Link Posted: 10/19/2010 12:37:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Colt 6920/ ACOG TA33

Link Posted: 10/22/2010 1:11:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok ok fine wth...

Here's mine.

LAR lower
Geissele Hi-speed trigger
Magpul UBR
Troy flip ups
Larue 13.2
Larue gas block
16" Krieger 1/7.7 Wylde chamber medium contour by Compass Lake with bolt
CMT upper
BCM carrier
Vortex FH

Link Posted: 10/22/2010 4:59:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By airgunner:

No details given = FAIL!

You gotta post the specs man, that thing is hot.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#15]
my self built reece style

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:59:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#17]

What length is that barrel?  I like that stock and wanted to put one on my rifle(a work in progress, but has a 16'' barrel)  wasn't sure if it would be ridiculous on one of these.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#18]
18inch white oak
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 1:38:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 2:57:09 AM EDT
[#20]
You are such a tease.      

Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:12:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WitchDr] [#21]
all these sticks look awesome!!  I wasn't planning on building one of these.... but I guess it turning out to be one!  I can't wait to finish her and get some pics to you guys!

Teaser...

Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Just finished...

I'll get better pics later.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 11/6/2010 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/6/2010 5:52:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CAMER0N] [#25]
Originally Posted By Pacs:
You are such a tease.

Daniel Defense Recce

Daniel Defense in house custom upper - DD SPR Mid Length Complete Upper Receiver Group
Lothar Walther 16" LW50 Stainless Steel 1 in 7” twist barrel 5.56 Wylde chamber A2 Flash Hider Mid Length gas system with H2 buffer
Daniel Defense hand matched bolt and bolt carrier group
Daniel Defense 12.0 Lite rail
BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle Mod 4
Leupold[ MK4 1.5-5x20mm Special Purpose Reticle 3rd Gen Illumination BDC turrets for 62 and 77gr LaRue SPR-1.5 QD mount
Troy back up iron sights

Daniel Defense lower receiver
Lewis Machine & Tool 2 stage match trigger
Magpul UBR stock
Magpul MIAD grip
Magpul MOE trigger guard
Magpul XTM rail panels
Magpul BAD lever
KNS anti rotation pins
Vickers Tactical Combat Applications padded two point sling

Probably the most versatile AR I own. My take on the SEAL Recce rifle is capable of red dot optic speed at close range yet will make good hits out past 600 yards. Doubles as my 3 Gun rifle. The LW50 barrel is sub MOA capable. The SEALs knew what they were doing with the 16" Recce.

With BCM 18" MK12 SPR

Cameron

Link Posted: 11/7/2010 5:07:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DHart] [#26]
Recce-ish style (pre-optic)...

Link Posted: 11/7/2010 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#27]
DHart... That rifle is fucking sexy as hell.... I like that foreend.
Link Posted: 11/7/2010 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 11/7/2010 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/7/2010 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Very nice!

Pic thread:

Link Posted: 11/7/2010 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 11/7/2010 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice Rifles DR Jester.. What bag/carrier is that in the top pic?
Link Posted: 11/7/2010 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Dirknar:

Looks like a LaRue Covert Case.  Lots of pics here
Link Posted: 11/7/2010 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By glock1911:
Originally Posted By Dirknar:

Looks like a LaRue Covert Case.  Lots of pics here

Thanks Man! That case looks pretty awesome!  Now I'll look up the price and I'm sure I'll know why..
Link Posted: 11/7/2010 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks from me too... that LaRue case looks fantastic!
Link Posted: 11/7/2010 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Do .308's count?

Link Posted: 11/7/2010 11:55:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Kss_Waylander:
Do .308's count?

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/KSS_Waylander/DSCN0289.jpg

Not really....but since there are lots of examples in here that aren't exactly Recces I guess it doesn't matter much....plus the title does say "recce style"

Either way, nice stick
Link Posted: 11/14/2010 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok. What is the "best" configuration for a Recce?

If I started with a BCM RECCE-14 Mod 0 what would be the ideal modifications?
Link Posted: 11/14/2010 2:29:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Paul59:

IMO 16in SS barrel is the defining characteristic of a RECCE rifle.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#40]
I really should take these out to shoot more often

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Where the hell is Trident?

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Do .308's count?

Please get a different scope mount.
Link Posted: 11/24/2010 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#43]
This is a RECCE right.

Link Posted: 11/25/2010 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Remman:
Do .308's count?

Please get a different scope mount.

Link Posted: 11/25/2010 7:16:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ugotbit:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/ugotbit/recce003.jpg

I think he got kicked off a couple of months ago.
Link Posted: 12/2/2010 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By REDX:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/ugotbit/recce003.jpg

I think he got kicked off a couple of months ago.

For what?
Link Posted: 12/3/2010 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Finally %100 done with my recce today when the sights came in. Had this guy built up since april except for that part.

I hope my photobuckets bandwidth doesn't boot me
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 1:41:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/4/2010 11:51:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IROC355] [#49]
just finished her tonight.

BUIS are on the way
Link Posted: 12/5/2010 12:00:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Krombompulos_Michael] [#50]
Originally Posted By Paul59:

IMO 16in SS barrel is the defining characteristic of a RECCE rifle.

That and a magnified optic.  The profile of the barrel is important as well.  No lightweight or bull barrels - they have their own unique profile, and usually a 1:8 twist.
Page / 220
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top