Link Posted: 5/19/2024 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
The new Colt M7 release

https://i.imgur.com/3PBJZ8D.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/2loaYSf.jpeg
View Quote

I’ve been really tempted to get one of those since they came in stock again at arms unlimited. Is it possible to get spare barrels for it though?  The description makes it sound like it’s a proprietary barrel extension without an index pin.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Just picked it up in a trade. Still deciding on glass for it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sdwornicki:

I’ve been really tempted to get one of those since they came in stock again at arms unlimited. Is it possible to get spare barrels for it though?  The description makes it sound like it’s a proprietary barrel extension without an index pin.
View Quote

For the price just get the MWS.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#4]
After 2 years when j started

Attachment Attached File

Need a bipod

Still not sold on the scope

May go lpvo route 1-8 instead since my average shot is 100,150yds

Vortex 3-18x44 strike eagle

Aero 18 upper

Tool craft bolt carrier

Aero lower

Magpul buis

Aac 762 SD

Link Posted: 6/13/2024 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]

20" 6.5 Creedmoor Wilson Combat barrel + misc parts, placeholder can

The NF 7-35 feels like a little overkill, but it's dang nice.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Kind of figured I was done building but the Aero OD Green stuff just looks pretty damn good to me. So... I caved and put together another M5 using a Ballistic Advantage 18" BBSS fluted barrel. I'm no BA fan BUT the non-.223 barrels have served me well and this one was on sale at BKing so I said what the hell.

First time using Aero's Atlas series rail, damn thing is like a feather. I like my gas blocks expose so I went with the 12.7" (I think that's what is is). Used some MagPul Foliage stuff I already had along with a Velocity 3-lb. trigger. It's topped off with a Gen 1 Vortex Viper PST in an ADM mount. I might waste some more money and get the green anodized  mount ADM sells. All I need now is an adjustable gas block and I'll be ready to try it out.

Hope it shoots as good as it looks...

Link Posted: 6/18/2024 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
A little over MOA isn't too bad given the factory Aero heavy barrel.  Probably would have gotten a little better grouping if it wasn't 7-9 mph winds.

https://i.imgur.com/TI48pxK.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TN0gKid.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yvs7IOj.jpg
View Quote

@NorthPolar

Can you give the why's and how's of top mounted bipod. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/19/2024 1:22:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#8]
Originally Posted By Cycolac:

@NorthPolar

Can you give the why's and how's of top mounted bipod. Thanks.
View Quote

The rifle is a heavy bastard so it changes the point of balance to below the tripod to make it more (perceived) stable since the rifle is acting like a pendulum under the bipod.

I dont have a lot of trigger time behind it yet, but for a heavy rifle (I want to say mine is 10-14# with the hbar upper and 5-25x scope) it’s pretty comfortable and has no issues like a regular bipod would try to flop over. Only real complaint is that I have to extend the legs when shooting from a flat surface but that’s minor.

I could spend $500 on a Phoenix or similar bipod, but I took a chance on the UTG overbore and you could probably kill someone with it. For the $100 it’s incredibly well built. No slop or loose parts anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Limited time out with it, but it appears to like the Prime (unobtanium) ammo.

Link Posted: 7/13/2024 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Very interesting setup!

Can you share the details on that Gas System?
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 4:57:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Sniper3142:

Very interesting setup!

Can you share the details on that Gas System?
View Quote

Its DI i had a 18” SS cut to 17.25” and Dwilson install a Seekins select adjustable gas block. Otherwise just an LM8 with a surefire FA762SS
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 5RWill:

Its DI i had a 18” SS cut to 17.25” and Dwilson install a Seekins select adjustable gas block. Otherwise just an LM8 with a surefire FA762SS
View Quote

How you like the Seekins?

I'm surprised the design hasn't taken off more, I love being able to shut down the gas when shooting with a can or just throw the lever full open for unsuppressed.

Just wish the adjustable range was wider.  Mine would cycle at the "fully closed" setting with a SDN6, but it took a lot of clicks to dial in working gas with no can.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Tanren37:

How you like the Seekins?

I'm surprised the design hasn't taken off more, I love being able to shut down the gas when shooting with a can or just throw the lever full open for unsuppressed.

Just wish the adjustable range was wider.  Mine would cycle at the "fully closed" setting with a SDN6, but it took a lot of clicks to dial in working gas with no can.
View Quote

So that's exactly where I am. I actually couldn't get it working with the brake. To the point that the detent came out and i just gave up lol. It's ejecting at 4 O'Clock with the surefire. I plan to move it to a PSR 7 to retain the OTB, which should require much more gas to cycle with because it's flow through vs the old surefire. So maybe that will give me the range needed? That or I had the carrier speed moving way to fast. The concept I love though and it clearly works for Seekins considering the SP10M.
Link Posted: 7/14/2024 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#18]
16” carbine gas system, which is over gassed at the moment. Wish I would have gone with a midlength but didn’t know at the time. Thinking of going with heavier buffer to slow the BCG down so it cycles reliably.

Link Posted: 9/15/2024 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Larue Predatobr rebarreled by Spartan Precision Rifles with a Krieger 6.5 CM barrel cut to 16”. Incredibly smooth shooting rifle.
Link Posted: 9/20/2024 7:45:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Page / 57
Next Page Arrow Left
Lets see your AR-10s (Page 57 of 57)
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top