AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 23
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 7:38:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNRonin] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
American Defense or Midwest Industries mount with one of the PA spacers provided with the optic. I do the same thing with my PA GLX 2x and SLX 1x.
View Quote

Just a small PSA.

I had a friend that had his 3x mounted on a American defense cantilever mount, his sling decided that it didn't want to hold the rifle anymore.

When it let loose it hit the ground horizontally from about waist height, and from that point forward there was an issue.

He contacted American defense, told them what happened, sent pictures, everything. AD told him to pound sand.  If that's the case what's the point if they won't honor a warranty for something mild like that.
We couldn't figure out why it was shooting so low all of a sudden.
Attachment Attached File

Notice the droop?

From that point forward I moved all of my prisms to non cantilevered mounts.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 8:59:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TNRonin:

Just a small PSA.

I had a friend that had his 3x mounted on a American defense cantilever mount, his sling decided that it didn't want to hold the rifle anymore.

When it let loose it hit the ground horizontally from about waist height, and from that point forward there was an issue.

He contacted American defense, told them what happened, sent pictures, everything. AD told him to pound sand.  If that's the case what's the point if they won't honor a warranty for something mild like that.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13145/Attach15711_20230823_122712_jpg-3332066.JPG
Notice the droop?

View Quote

That’s good info. I’m running both mine on Larue QD with the stock cantilever arm maybe I’ll switch to the straight spacers
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Just a small PSA.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/13145/Attach15711_20230823_122712_jpg-3332066.JPG
Notice the droop?

View Quote

Well that's lame. Even just a discount on a replacement would be better than just saying 'tough'.

Our Promise
American Defense MFG, LLC products feature a Limited Lifetime Warranty. If you break any American Defense Mfg. part under normal operating conditions we will replace it, PERIOD!

We will not warranty intentionally damaged or destroyed items, wearable parts or products damaged by normal use, abuse and/or poor maintenance. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the part which is returned to American Defense MFG and is determined by us to be defective. Warranty repairs and or coverage is at full discretion of American Defense Mfg.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 9:12:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Gunnie357:

That's good info. I'm running both mine on Larue QD with the stock cantilever arm maybe I'll switch to the straight spacers
View Quote
I wish that primary arms would come out with a QD for this optic.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ex_Sanguine_Nation:

Well that's lame. Even just a discount on a replacement would be better than just saying 'tough'.

Our Promise
American Defense MFG, LLC products feature a Limited Lifetime Warranty. If you break any American Defense Mfg. part under normal operating conditions we will replace it, PERIOD!

We will not warranty intentionally damaged or destroyed items, wearable parts or products damaged by normal use, abuse and/or poor maintenance. This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the part which is returned to American Defense MFG and is determined by us to be defective. Warranty repairs and or coverage is at full discretion of American Defense Mfg.
View Quote

Yeah that's what I thought too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Just a small PSA.

Notice the droop?

View Quote

Well that sucks. Did he have a buis under it?

This is confusing
Attachment Attached File

They will warranty anything broken under normal operating conditions but not damaged by normal use.
Fucking schisty
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

This is confusing
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/1000001576_jpg-3332114.JPG
They will warranty anything broken under normal operating conditions but not damaged by normal use.
Fucking schisty
View Quote
I don't remember. It happened last year, we've since moved on. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 1:26:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

This is confusing
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/1000001576_jpg-3332114.JPG
Fucking schisty
View Quote

That came to my mind immediately as well. Kinda doublespeak.
Link Posted: 9/25/2024 1:32:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNRonin] [#9]
Originally Posted By LHA-2:

That came to my mind immediately as well. Kinda doublespeak.
View Quote

Yeah I was all about getting an AD but not now.

Link Posted: 9/25/2024 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I would trust the straight mount but not the cantilever mount if bending is a concern. Midewest Ind and American Defense both make one.
Page / 23
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top