Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2010 8:32:02 PM EDT
Okay..... I don't know why people continue to say that there are only two sources of FN P90 magazines..... There isn't. THERE ARE THREE!

FNH USA

1) The FNH USA Magazines come in either 10rd, 30rd, or 50rd. In the end they're all the same magazines. They just have the stupid plastic block on the magazine floor plate. Take a Dremel Tool and file and cut it off the floor plate. Boom.... 50rd magazine. Same springs, same followers, etc. They are not made any differently. As for why FNH USA ships the PS90 with a 30rd magazine is beyond me. 10rd I understand for Ban States, but 30rd for Free States? Not a clue unless some state somewhere has a law that restricts you to 30rd magazines.

As for quality and feeding. 100% kick ass. No issues what so ever.

AR 57

2) AR57 magazines - AWESOME! They're not made in Korea, they're made in the USA. They are 100% a perfect clone of the FNH USA 50rd Magazine. If it wasn't for the small AR57 logo on the magazine I'd have no clue that they were AR57 made. Same length spring as the FNH USA, same quality plastic, etc..... Not a single feed issue. I have two FNH USA Converted 30rd Magazines and seven AR57 magazines. They all work like a charm and function perfectly. Best part is they retail for $26.00 at www.57center.com/. Much cheaper then factory FNH USA magazines. They feed the SS97SR, the SS192 JHP, etc... No Issues. Buy them, Buy many of them and be happy.

ATI

3) ATI 50rd Magazine - CRAP. THese are the shitty made in Korea magazines that don't work worth a damn. Short springs, shitty plastic, shitty quality, shitty feeding. They also retail for $26.00 a pop but they're crap. Simple as that. Avoid them like ACORN or SEIU but give them as gifts to your enemies so their weapons suck.
Link Posted: 1/22/2010 7:33:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for review!

I too fell into the category of the "only two" mags group.  Used to think the AR57 and ATI/Korean mags were the same, i.e. junk.  Can see there are some mold differences in your pics there.  I'm glad I was wrong.  Pricing on the FNH mags has come down lately, but I'll have to try out some of those AR57 ones.  

Competition sure has helped things out!
Link Posted: 1/22/2010 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
As for why FNH USA ships the PS90 with a 30rd magazine is beyond me. 10rd I understand for Ban States, but 30rd for Free States? Not a clue unless some state somewhere has a law that restricts you to 30rd magazines.

In Ohio, any firearm with a magazine capacity over 30 rounds is automatically considered a machine gun.  Even if it's semi-auto.

Link Posted: 1/23/2010 2:18:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
As for why FNH USA ships the PS90 with a 30rd magazine is beyond me. 10rd I understand for Ban States, but 30rd for Free States? Not a clue unless some state somewhere has a law that restricts you to 30rd magazines.

In Ohio, any firearm with a magazine capacity over 30 rounds is automatically considered a machine gun.  Even if it's semi-auto.

I had a feeling that was the deal.... I knew some State had to have some bullshit Law about 30rd magazines.
Link Posted: 1/23/2010 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

In Ohio, any firearm with a magazine capacity over 30 rounds is automatically considered a machine gun. Even if it's semi-auto.

Lol, aren't there a couple of states that have the same definition of "machine gun"? How the hell did somebody come up with that?  Are you an NFA state where you can own title II "machineguns"? How is that reconciled with state law?

It's like having an apple in every other state but there they'd call it a grapefruit.

Ridiculous.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top