Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2024 9:51:49 AM EDT
I keep seeing references to this powder be reformulated.

It point.from anywhere from 2 to 10 years ago.

Last time I bought it it was Accurate Arms I think and was the mid to late 1990s.

I have a unopened 10 lb jug (I remember it was one of the first powders to come in plastic cans and not metal) I never saw a metal can of it.

I know it's been made in several countries. Czech at first if I remember correctly so it varied a bit anyway depending on country of origin

So what's the big change I see referenced now it's under Hogdon Powders.

I just bought a 5lb jug for 130 buck including tax
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I had some Accurate #2 that was in 1 # plastic bottle said was manufactured in Canada.   I had another 1 #  bottle marked made in USA.   The volume was significantly different.  I had to reset my balance bean RCBS 1010 scale.   I then had to adjust the thrower to throw the correct charge.   I have never encountered that much change when using the same powder.   The labels were basically the same except for the place of manufacture.   I think the older bottle was made in Canada and the newer bottle was made in USA.    I haven’t chronographed either lot of powder but the recoil feels the same from the two different pound bottles of powder using the same charge weight.    I think my load was 4.5 or 4.6 grains of Accurate # 2 with 115 grain RN FMJ in 9 MM.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:47:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I found the.answer. I thought.it.came.out.in the early.mid.1990s but it.wasm1985 or.so.

Density was changed and.the was back in the 1990s.when I bought.it.

So its essentially the same. Except for lot to lot differences.

I found it on a.really.obscure place on.Hogdons.website.
Top Top