Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 58
Posted: 8/30/2023 10:07:38 AM EDT
don't forget to download the patch tonight, it's 18gb, don't want to be stuck waiting for it to download when it goes live
release times below

** eta for those of you who don't know, you don't have to buy the game at full price. You can get gamepass PC or console and play it on either for $10 a month. Plus hundreds of other games for "free"**

D-Generation X 1997 Titantron - Break It Down
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably going to let some friends try it out first before I decide.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#2]
No, I’m not paying $30 extra to get it 5 days early.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, I’m not paying $30 extra to get it 5 days early.
View Quote

That $30 also includes a future DLC.

I will be playing tomorrow myself. I’m a sucker for Bethesda single player RPGs. Especially one set in space.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup. Ready to go. My wife is out of town this weekend--only reason I paid for the EA.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:14:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Busy harvesting human skin in Rimworld. Come back later.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#6]
You mean the space game where leaving a planet or landing on a planet requires cut scenes?

Naw I am good.

The leaks that came out managed to confirm they cannot even get No Man's sky type planetary exploration entering and exiting the atmosphere correct.

Just another Re-todd Howard hype fest.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I’m cautiously optimistic. I’m going to wait to purchase until the reviews come out. We’ll see if Bethesda can release a title without game breaking bugs.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#8]
NGL, broke my rule and preordered the fancy version so I could play 5 days early (and the expansion of course).

Also took a day off from work for an extra long weekend and got a Homer bucket under the desk along with a 12pk of jolt cola. I'm ready
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’m cautiously optimistic. I’m going to wait to purchase until the reviews come out. We’ll see if Bethesda can release a title without game breaking bugs.
View Quote

Why not sub a month of game pass to try it out?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You mean the space game where leaving a planet or landing on a planet requires cut scenes?

Naw I am good.

The leaks that came out managed to confirm they cannot even get No Man's sky type planetary exploration entering and exiting the atmosphere correct.

View Quote

Yikes... I was hoping for NMS but better.

I played the shit out of NMS for like a month... and then after getting farms set up for every resource and making a couple million... there was nothing left to do.  

The transition from atmosphere to space in NMS wasn't bad at all, just dicey if you're trying to fight on the edge and load back and forth.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Will take 2 weeks to download over LTE, not gonna bother with early release.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm going to wait and see how much what extent the community will be able to patch over Bethesda's fuck ups with mods.

ETA: Plus I already have plenty of other games too play.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:23:45 AM EDT
[#13]
No. I may not even buy it.

Waiting for release to see if it's a game I really like.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I am ready
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm all preloaded and ready.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#16]
lol I am not playing a Bathesda game at launch. I will wait 6 months for patches and community made mods to make the game what it should be. My backlog is huge at the moment anyways.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#17]
My body is ready!
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Naw I am good.

View Quote

Well if I have to trade a loading screen in place of NMS cartoon graphics and tiny unrealistic planets,  thats fine with me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#19]
My computer doesn't meet the minimum specs for it , and I have a PS5 instead of Xbox (learned my lesson from shitty hardware experiences with Microsoft Xbox products).

Otherwise I would be looking forward to wasting hours of my life on this game.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Probably going to let some friends try it out first before I decide.
View Quote

This.

Plus it's Creation Engine right? I'll wait until the gamebreaking bugs are patched by the community since Bethsoft won't bother.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Well if I have to trade a loading screen in place of NMS cartoon graphics and tiny unrealistic planets,  thats fine with me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Naw I am good.

I agree.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
lol I am not playing a Bathesda game at launch. I will wait 6 months for patches and community made mods to make the game what it should be. My backlog is huge at the moment anyways.
View Quote

You are missing out bro! I loved watching the backwards flying dragons of Skyrim or being launched into orbit by giants on release
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Why not sub a month of game pass to try it out?
View Quote

I’m a boomer by heart so I don’t do that zoomer shit.

I plan on waiting for my monthly subscription of PC Gamer to arrive and carefully consider their review. If they give a positive review, I’ll drive to my local CircuitCity to buy a physical copy and perhaps a game guide.

Until then, I’ll continue to play the GOAT, Freelancer.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes, all set and ready to go!

I also took Friday off.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
NGL, broke my rule and preordered the fancy version so I could play 5 days early (and the expansion of course).

Also took a day off from work for an extra long weekend and got a Homer bucket under the desk along with a 12pk of jolt cola. I'm ready
View Quote

I did the same and can't wait. Even built a new PC to play it. And selling a gun to help fund it, how dumb am I?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:38:15 AM EDT
[#27]
I must be strange, I’ve played many Bethesda games day 1, and never had a game breaking bug.

Heck, even Cyberpunk 2077 worked fine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Yup
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:39:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No. I may not even buy it.

Waiting for release to see if it's a game I really like.
View Quote

Bruh.

Do you even Gamepass?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Is this space elder scrolls? That would be pretty sick.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#31]
I'll wait a year for all of the patches to fix the game but then again might not since I don't think they will be delivering what they promised.. you won't be able to fly down into planets it will be a preloaded animation most likely and planets will not be fully explorable you will land and basically have an invisible baby gate around you if it's anything like Fallout in Skyrim it will just be fall out in space really was looking at something better
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same with the preorder/ preload.  
I was going to do the xbox gamepass thingy but renting games just feels weird.  Rather the buy once cry once on a game that I'll likely come back to a few times.

Fingers crossed for this one. After my hype and letdown for cyberpunk Im really trying not to get excited for this at all.  Rather be pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is this space elder scrolls? That would be pretty sick.
View Quote

Pretty much, yeah.

The Adoring Fan from Oblivion even shows up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Im gonna wait to see how woke it is.  BG3 started slipping in trannies in act3,  I'd imagine this game will have trannies out the gate.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Pretty much, yeah.

The Adoring Fan from Oblivion even shows up.
View Quote
I hope there is something similar

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well about that...

Once you load in on a planet there is only so much distance you can travel before hitting a limit, because you are literally fenced into the generated area.

It is not like you can hop in a ground vehicle and drive for an hour in one direction.     Leaks are showing there is maybe 45 minutes of walkable area per load in locqrion on a planet.

So Starfield planets have an explorable area that are likely smaller than any No Mans Lie planet.

I hear you on NMS, it grows tiring/boring quickly.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I was going to do the xbox gamepass thingy but renting games just feels weird.  Rather the buy once cry once on a game that I'll likely come back to a few times.

Fingers crossed for this one. After my hype and letdown for cyberpunk Im really trying not to get excited for this at all.  Rather be pleasantly surprised.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Game pass is frankly amazing.

One of the best deals in the world.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Don't think I'll ever play another Bethesda game after Fallout 76. The bugs and glitches that were slowly or never addressed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well about that...

Once you load in on a planet there is only so much distance you can travel before hitting a limit, because you are literally fenced into the generated area.

It is not like you can hop in a ground vehicle and drive for an hour in one direction.     Leaks are showing there is maybe 45 minutes of walkable area per load in locqrion on a planet.

So Starfield planets have an explorable area that are likely smaller than any No Mans Lie planet.

View Quote

Have no need to walk 45 minutes in a straight line. (thats what they are saying,  so you could walk 45 min one way, and then an hour and a half back the other way.)  
And thats not the only tile on a planet,  so yes you'll have to hope on your ship to fly to the other side of the planet,  but thats pretty realistic.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the correct answer.
@shiftsix nothing is stopping you from buying physical or digital copies, gamepass subs give you a discount on digital games.
I've played a ton of games I wouldn't have otherwise with gamepass.. you can try them out with cloud then download/buy if you really like it.
you're missing out dude
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#41]
My new PC parts don't show up till friday and monday  

BUT the 4090 is going to be glorious
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You are missing out bro! I loved watching the backwards flying dragons of Skyrim or being launched into orbit by giants on release
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, I'm here early for the bugs specifically.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Preloaded on steam with a new CPU and Graphics card ready to go.

My anus is ready.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Civ III master race laughing at your silly game.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Have no need to walk 45 minutes in a straight line. (thats what they are saying,  so you could walk 45 min one way, and then an hour and a half back the other way.)  
And thats not the only tile on a planet,  so yes you'll have to hope on your ship to fly to the other side of the planet,  but thats pretty realistic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well about that...

I have zero doubts that people that bitch about this issue will be the same people that bitch that there planets are devoid of any points of interest while walking 45min in every direction

I mean walking across the US all Lewis and Clark style was probably pretty boring in most places so why wouldn't a planet?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Is this the one the guy has raised about 300 million for through crowdfunding?
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Depending on reviews I'll get it on the 6th
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Don't think I'll ever play another Bethesda game after Fallout 76. The bugs and glitches that were slowly or never addressed.
View Quote

About a month ago I went back to FO76 for the first time since launch.  (Bored inbetween Tarkov wipes and got desperate for something different)  

76 is a blast now.  Totally different game from the trash they initially put out.  Level 128 so far and plan on sticking with it for awhile.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Yes my body is ready
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Hopefully it doesn't have a disastrous release like Cyberpunk did.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 58
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top