Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/17/2024 10:13:17 AM EDT
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/maryland-woman-pleads-guilty-conspiring-destroy-baltimore-region-power-grid

Sarah Beth Clendaniel, 36, of Catonsville, Maryland, pleaded guilty today to conspiring to damage or destroy electrical facilities in Maryland.

According to court documents, in 2018, Clendaniel became acquainted with Brandon C. Russell, a Florida resident, who is currently charged with conspiracy to damage or destroy electrical facilities in Maryland and is awaiting trial. Clendaniel and Russell espouse a white supremacist ideology and advocate a concept known as “accelerationism.” To “accelerate” or to support “accelerationism” is based on a white supremacist belief that the current system is irreparable and without an apparent political solution, and therefore violent action is necessary to precipitate societal and government collapse.

Their plans began to culminate on Jan. 12, 2023 when CHS-1 and Russell discussed the planned substation attack in Maryland with a goal of working with Clendaniel to “maximize impact” and “to coordinate to get multiple [substations] at the same time.” Later that same day, Clendaniel, using the moniker “Nythra88,” sent a message to CHS-1 on ECA confirming her support of the attack.

In the ensuing conversation, which continued through Jan. 14, 2023, Clendaniel told CHS-1 that she lived near Baltimore. She also stated that she was a felon, and had previously, but unsuccessfully, attempted to obtain a rifle. She asked CHS-1 to purchase a rifle for her, stating that she wanted to “accomplish something worthwhile” and that she wanted the rifle “within the next couple of weeks” to “accomplish as much as possible before June, at the latest.” On Jan. 18, 2023, on ECA, Clendaniel told CHS-1 that she had identified a few potential locations to target in her attack. CHS-1 stated that CHS-1 would have to be the “driver” and Clendaniel would have to be the “shooter” in the attack. Clendaniel confirmed that she was “determined to do this” and stated she would have done something earlier on her own if she had not lost her rifle “a few months ago.” The conversation continued with CHS-1 and Clendaniel discussing the specifics of the desired rifle and agreeing that Clendaniel would send CHS-1 a “wish list,” which she did the following day.

Clendaniel pleaded guilty to conspiracy and felony possession charges. She faces a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison on the conspiracy charge and 15 years on the felon in possession charge followed by up to lifetime of supervised release for the conspiracy charge. Sentencing is scheduled for Sept 3.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#2]
What is ECA and who is CHS-1?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck with that side charging AR.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Encrypted communication applications (ECA)
Confidential Human Source (CHS-1)
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:22:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Ya know, if I was going to be a domestic terrorist and go after the power system I don't think a firearm would even be on my list of equipment. MAYBE a shotgun with slugs, but it'd be for equipment damage and I'd probably go with something where I could setup multiple devices and then be clear of the area before initiating. Plenty of sub stations are unattended. I assume they have cameras but you'd have a couple minutes. Particularly if you had someone creating a delay for responding police or picked times.

Honestly, that whole story reads like, "FBI agents found an idiot and managed to convince them to do more idiot stuff."
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ya know, if I was going to be a domestic terrorist and go after the power system I don't think a firearm would even be on my list of equipment. MAYBE a shotgun with slugs, but it'd be for equipment damage and I'd probably go with something where I could setup multiple devices and then be clear of the area before initiating. Plenty of sub stations are unattended. I assume they have cameras but you'd have a couple minutes. Particularly if you had someone creating a delay for responding police or picked times.

Honestly, that whole story reads like, "FBI agents found an idiot and managed to convince them to do more idiot stuff."
View Quote

Anytime someone is arrested for a discussion, I always assume the FBI brought up the topic.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#7]
The feds are still running their radicalization program, I see.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

You could radicalized an army of squirrels.  They seem to do the most power grid damage around here.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Anytime someone is arrested for a discussion, I always assume the FBI brought up the topic.
View Quote

You're not giving ATF enough credit.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats FBI once again catching someone you radicalized.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't have enough criminals create some.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#14]
The FBI has successfully foiled another FBI criminal conspiracy.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm betting 'known to authorities'.

But take down a power station with a small bore, semi-automatic? Not sure Bruce Willis could do that in the best of circumstances.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Clendaniel and Russell espouse a white supremacist ideology and advocate a concept known as “accelerationism.” To “accelerate” or to support “accelerationism” is based on a white supremacist belief that the current system is irreparable and without an apparent political solution, and therefore violent action is necessary to precipitate societal and government collapse.
View Quote

Is that 'real', or is that something that the fed gov bois invented out of thin air?

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Does she have Trump hands or is that an AR10?
Her last charge in MD's case search was 2016, when she was living out in the boonies of Cecil County, Catonsville is much more populated. Typical for MD, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison for robbery in 2016, and the jail term was suspended. With this arrest in 2023, she was sent to jail for violating parole.

I bet the state files charges right before our legislative session starts in January so they can make some antigun drama about how easy it is for nazis to get guns given our current laws, glossing over we've had universal background checks since 2021, all homebuilt guns must be serialized by an FFL, permit to purchase handguns, etc.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Is that 'real', or is that something that the fed gov bois invented out of thin air?

View Quote
Yes it's real, but that won't stop some people here from right wing coping.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#19]
User Names?

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#20]
She would've gotten away with it if she just trained squirrels to commit suicide by jumping on power lines at substations.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#21]
She was caught when her EV ran out of power
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But take down a power station with a small bore, semi-automatic? Not sure Bruce Willis could do that in the best of circumstances.
View Quote

LOL.  Monroe County, NC.  

All you need to do is put holes in the oil filled radiator and the transformer will trip off due to heat.

What Really Happened with the Substation Attack in North Carolina?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
She's been in prison before and got in with the skinheads, so yeah she was known to authorities.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Lots of enemies want to destroy vital infrastructure.  They really go above and beyond to tag this as accelerationist and WP.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And buy them rifles
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:17:43 PM EDT
[#27]
she's bat shit crazy
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#28]
POWER STATION YOU SAY?

The Power Station - Get It On (Bang A Gong) (Official Music Video)

The Power Station - Some Like It Hot
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good luck with that side charging AR.
View Quote

Maybe she won't lose this one lol
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#30]
So knocking out power to an area for a few days was going to start the big igloo and bring down the .gov.

Dumbass.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are we pretending like accelerationism is strictly a white supremacist and right wing ideology?  It's not exclusive to either group.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#33]
So, since they didn’t mention politically ideology that I noticed. I guess we can assume it’s just another deranged liberal white supremacist like the Buffalo Shooter?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
User Names?

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Are there actually women in GD?  This seems like an urban legend.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So knocking out power to an area for a few days was going to start the big igloo and bring down the .gov.

Dumbass.
View Quote

No kidding. Knock out the whole grid? No need…

All they had to do was come to GD to know that the easiest way to destroy society is to hack/bring down EBT for a few days. We’d have the purge on our hands in no time.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#36]
If destroying our energy system is illegal, FJB should get a million years.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#38]
She wanted to go after a sub station?
Drop her on the main grid : Wish granted.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#39]
ah, I see it's white supremacy.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Definitely a DC type. She just needs to get polarized properly.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
She would've gotten away with it if she just trained squirrels to commit suicide by jumping on power lines at substations.
View Quote
Would it be illegal to air drop peanuts (or trebuchet) over sub stations?

Littering maybe?
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yep.

A few years ago, as part of a Critical Infrastructure project, I got to meet with the people in charge of the water treatment plan in D.C., which is apparently one of the largest facilities in the country.  As part of the conversation, I asked how much they were worried about terrorist sabotage or attacks - and the main person said that the thing she worried the most about - BY FAR - was squirrels.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could radicalized an army of squirrels.  They seem to do the most power grid damage around here.

Yep.

A few years ago, as part of a Critical Infrastructure project, I got to meet with the people in charge of the water treatment plan in D.C., which is apparently one of the largest facilities in the country.  As part of the conversation, I asked how much they were worried about terrorist sabotage or attacks - and the main person said that the thing she worried the most about - BY FAR - was squirrels.  

Place I worked at prior to my current gig had a substation trip off at least once per summer due to squirrels.

They spent a LOT (metric shit-ton) of money on power conditioners and backup generators for their rather smallish datacenter plus its chillers.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#44]
A large plastic plant that I used to work at lost all power due to a cold snake
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Are we pretending like accelerationism is strictly a white supremacist and right wing ideology?  It's not exclusive to either group.
View Quote

Judging from what I've seen from Soros-funded Marxists, I'd say the WP and right wing extremists are severely behind the curve on it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:42:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's real then it's a fringe group of racist shitheads and criminals that ought to be exposed as such.

How large and how powerful a group is it? Is it a few hundred shitheads strong, or is it on the scale of something like the KKK?

How does it compare in size and effectiveness (and potential threat assessment) to, say, domestic extremist Muslim supremacist or trans-supremacist or black supremacist movements?

The Biden / Obama regimes' DOJs (at least, but not limited to those) have squandered whatever level of implicit trust the DOJ may have had in the past.

So, the DOJ claiming that something is factual is no more believable than, say, MSNBC claiming that something is factual. The DOJ has nobody but themselves to blame for that.

Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Sort of want.

Hands are kind of manly in the first pick though.
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Every Muslim is a terrorist, but every nazi is a government conspiracy... sure, sure.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top