Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Posted: 10/1/2013 8:08:14 PM EDT
I wanted to create a thread to let everyone know what is happening with the lawsuit that SEI filed against me. It has been very difficult for me not to air my personal feelings and anger by all of this, but please understand that there is only so much I can say (on the advice of my attorney and with the knowledge that SEI’s lawyers are monitoring everything posted on this and other forums).

As I previously posted, SEI sued me in Arizona federal court for alleged product disparagement due to comments I made on the M14TFL forum while waiting for SEI to deliver several receivers that I had on order. I retained an attorney, and he just recently filed a motion to dismiss SEI’s case against me (links to all the documents are below). I wish I could discuss the documents with you and the reasons for dismissal raised by my attorney, but like I said, anything I say here will likely be read by SEI’s lawyers and potentially used against me in the lawsuit.

I will be posting the motion to dismiss on other forums that I visit – if you want to do the same, or to link to this website, you’re definitely free to do so (all of these documents are publicly available). I will use this thread to keep everyone updated on SEI’s response and all further court filings.

I’m sorry for any distraction caused by this situation, but I feel strongly that this is an issue that should be openly discussed. Thank you everyone for your support and consideration while I deal with this.

SEI Complaint filed in Arizona District Court: 08/28/13
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0XyOXhO5LcXS2lwWERPNi1fd3c/edit?usp=sharing

Main Dismissal Motion: 09/30/13
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0XyOXhO5LcXa3ZuSjM3bnI4cTQ/edit?usp=sharing

Supporting Document (letter from SEI’s attorney) for motion reference:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0XyOXhO5LcXSEIxd0Z1OFRGcDA/edit?usp=sharing

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
In.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll tag along for the ride...
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You have quite the following already.

Hope all goes well for you.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1529152_Smith_Enterprises__SEI__Sues_M14_Forum_Member_Over_Post.html
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:16:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Lawsuit over posts made on a forum? Uhhh fuck them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Be careful what you post here...

Something interesting of note:

After this thread here about you exploded on arfcom, the arfcom monthly email newsletter was basically a billboard for SEI.
Call it a coincidence or whatever, but I find it fishy that after SEI gets the PNG treatment in GD, suddenly SEI (who hardly responds to anything on arfcom) suddenly is all over the arfcom newsletter...

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#6]
In

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, SEI is fucking pathetic for going after him.

What a way to get your name out their SEI.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#8]
In on one.

I'm pretty sure I can safely say, without getting sued, that I will never buy an SEI product.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#9]
For that type of abuse of a customer.
They will never see a penny out of me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

After this thread here about you exploded on arfcom, the arfcom monthly email newsletter was basically a billboard for SEI.
Call it a coincidence or whatever, but I find it fishy that after SEI gets the PNG treatment in GD, suddenly SEI (who hardly responds to anything on arfcom) suddenly is all over the arfcom newsletter...

View Quote

I noticed that too...

ETA: google docs gives anonymous viewers animal designations instead of numbers.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Read the PDF file.  So my questions, why post it, and why not retract it when you knew it was not true?   I have had work done at SEI, have seen the facility, and met the people there.  Too bad it came to this, but you were warned?
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:39:15 PM EDT
[#15]
A company butthurt over things said about them on the internet? I have a spot for them, directly under where Troy is sitting...
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow. This answers how butthurt someone can get over an internet post.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Read the PDF file.  So my questions, why post it, and why not retract it when you knew it was not true?   I have had work done at SEI, have seen the facility, and met the people there.  Too bad it came to this, but you were warned?
View Quote

You know he can't answer that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Typical JBT response.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

In on one.

I'm pretty sure I can safely say, without getting sued, that I will never buy an SEI product.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Since they are reading this, were I in the market for one of SEI's products, I'd buy from one of their competitors.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:42:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#22]
The press from this is bad for them.  Why would they waste their money going after people?   I don't see the business case for these types of actions.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:46:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The press from this is bad for them.  Why would they waste their money going after people?   I don't see the business case for these types of actions.
View Quote

Don't worry... when this thread hits 30,000 views, check the next arfcom email newsletter for damage control.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#24]
The complaint reads like an advertisement for SEI.

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Perhaps they are not yet familiar with the Streisand Effect.  It would do them well to research how not to act on the Internet lest you draw more negative attention to yourself (whether it is a deserved legal action or not).  Contrary to popular opinion, not all publicity is good publicity.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Does 0bamacare cover butthurt?

View Quote

Of the hemorrhoids variety, sure.

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#30]

I'm up in this bitch.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:51:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I hadn't heard of SEI before this, but my opinion of them now is that they suck.  Hey SEI, ever heard of the Streisand Effect?

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Tagscribed
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll tag this one.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I hadn't heard of SEI before this, but my opinion of them now is that they suck.  Hey SEI, ever heard of the Streisand Effect?
View Quote

Vortex flash hiders
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I'm up in this bitch.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Everybody do yourselves a favor and read the SEI complaint.  It is fucking hilarious.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Vortex flash hiders
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vortex flash hiders

I had one on my CMMG middy build I used to have......good FH.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Vortex flash hiders
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Vortex flash hiders
Oh... I've definitely heard of those.  I guess "Smith" is such a common name that it didn't register.  Oh well, I like AAC flash hiders better anyway.

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Typical JBT response.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Typical JBT response.

LOL.  Typical other response...
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 9:00:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

SEI was quick to delete any post on their facebook page that wasn't glowing.   That company cares deeply about themselves and their personal feelings.  It doesn't surprise me one bit that SEI would start an ad blitz to undo the negative rep they created for themselves.  

GWOT money is getting scarce and the specialize in products for a weapons system that will, at some point sooner or later, be phased out for the M110.  They're trying to win back market share....
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typical JBT response.

Proud member of the "don't taze me bro" and "don't shoot my dog" club.

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#45]
In on 1?
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 10/1/2013 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#47]
In on 1 I guess

- Clint
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 9:13:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#49]
http://www.smithenterprisesucks.com/index.html

Disclaimer: I am in no way affirming or denying the content of the linked website.  I'm merely a casual observer.  Don't sue me bro!
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#50]
In on one.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top