Posted: 11/9/2019 1:42:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 1:44:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 1:44:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 1:46:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw a trailer a long time ago.

I hope it's not too phony, I’d like to see an honest portrayal of the egos, and the cars.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 1:52:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks interesting. Hope they do a good of a job as Rush did.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 1:58:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm really looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:00:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Dr. No
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:05:09 AM EDT
[#7]
The GT ate Ferraris lunch and shat on their living room floor.

God bless Carol Shelby.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:07:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Naw. My doofus friend who did the second unit won’t shut the fuck up about it, so I told him I’m not seeing it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:09:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I’ll be watching. Have seen a couple of the interviews with Damon and Leno and one with most the cast. They give the impression that it’s going to be a pretty true to form AND entertaining flick.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:09:10 AM EDT
[#10]
If it’s anything close to being as good as Rush I’ll give it a watch.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:09:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah I thought it looked good. I was just watching Fastest Car on Netflix tonight and they talked about the GT kicking ass back then.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:10:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I’ll be seeing it this weekend with my dad. We’re Shelby fans.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:13:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Wife and I have tix to see it on Friday. Hope it is as good as it looks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:14:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll probably wait for blu-ray, but I'm looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:20:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The GT ate Ferraris lunch and shat on their living room floor.

God bless Carol Shelby.
View Quote
This guy too:

Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:33:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm super stoked about seeing this one. I'll wait 'till we can watch it at home, but man I am excited.
IMDb linky linky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h1_dy9kxvY
View Quote
Waiting until it comes out on digital or Redbox isn't being "super stoked" about it, especially after you created a thread and posted 3 trailers. I'm a little confused by your tactics.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 5:05:13 AM EDT
[#17]
It is a great story, but something tells me Hollywood will fuck it up. From the trailers who ever plays Carroll Shelby just does not project the presence that Shelby had.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I have my IMAX ticket for Friday already reserved. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 5:24:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like it will be picketed by the SJW crowd for lack of a gay single parent trans-woman advocating for a climate change friendly carbon neutral sustainable living technology solution while trying to break through the racial, sexual, and class barriers of the affluent white euro-centric toxic male hegemony of professional auto racing, all while raising an adorable adopted Autistic child of opium addicted parents with gender confusion issues.

Sounds about right for our media Lords & Masters...

Or it could be about a couple of American hands-on guys who said, "Fnck It!  Let's take on the Best and Beat them..."
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#20]
The Grand Tour S01E06 James May's Le Mans Film GT40 vs Ferrari
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 7:23:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I saw a trailer a long time ago.

I hope it's not too phony, I’d like to see an honest portrayal of the egos, and the cars.
View Quote
Between this and the C8 from Chevrolet/ GM, Ferrari is taking a PR kick to the balls.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#22]
ZFG.

Not a car guy. Could care less.

But yay Hollywood for doing something that isn't a chick flick, scifi or action/guns.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
ZFG.

Not a car guy. Could care less.

But yay Hollywood for doing something that isn't a chick flick, scifi or action/guns.
View Quote
This is every bit as much about American exceptionalism and taking the gem out of Ferrari's donut.

Ferrari was the undisputed king, and Ford fucked their mothers and wiped their dick on the drapes.

I'm a Chevy guy too, and I love Ford simply for doing this.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 8:04:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Director James Mangold follows the master filmmaker rule book as much as possible.

Character development, human drama and use analog action instead of CGI bullshit.

In the trailer where the red Ferrari is sailing through the air is for real.

A heavy track vehicle using a large launch tube propels that chassis through the air 100's of feet!!!

At the end of its trajectory, crashing to the ground, it actually collided with the chase camera car.

Hobbit sized Damon as +6' tall Shelby is a stretch but the film is so strong I got over it.

There is no doubt in my mind that Christian Bale will get a Oscar nod for his portrayal of Ken Miles.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 8:13:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This is every bit as much about American exceptionalism and taking the gem out of Ferrari's donut.

Ferrari was the undisputed king, and Ford fucked their mothers and wiped their dick on the drapes.

View Quote
Virtually everybody involved was British

Just saying
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 8:13:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Where’s the member who was an extra in it?
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 8:21:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Yeah!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 8:23:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Local car club is doing a car show/ pre party type thing on opening day. I know a few locals have Ferarris and Ford GTs but I rarely see either at the local car shows. I'm thinking of offering my left nut on trade for a FGT, see if i get any takers.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#29]
I was hoping that Matt Damon would die in a fiery crash
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 8:24:39 AM EDT
[#30]
matt DAMON
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 8:26:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#32]
It’s hard to go watch movies knowing the actors and they everyone making the movie are so anti American.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Can't wait to see it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It is a great story, but something tells me Hollywood will fuck it up. From the trailers who ever plays Carroll Shelby just does not project the presence that Shelby had.
View Quote
This.

It's Hollywood, and having lived my early years while it was all going on, then looking back restrospectively with a lot more information, I'm afraid they are going to eff it up some. But it can't be as stupid as Burns doing Vietnam, so, meh. When it comes around.

The story is a great framework to tell of the immense technical advances of the 60's - GT and Indy were the dominant forms of racing, with Ferrari making small high rpm motors in luxury sports cars dominant on their turf, and Indy being largely supercharged Offy four cylinder and FRONT WHEEL DRIVE racers, driver sitting almost on the back axle.

From there we went to Ferrari motors in open wheel mid  engines and the GT's to 427 TRUCK motors midengine. Shelby and the Cobras were a major step up, an exciting story, but a step to getting Carroll to running the GT program.

In point of fact, it took the Daytona Coupe to get there, and in testing the GT's at Rheims they used the coupe from LA as the rabbit to stress them out. And they ran it without major repairs while the GT's broke down - normal sorting out, Shelby's first races in the Cobras had plenty of it. By the time the Coupe was bodied the drivetrain had years of racing in it, so when it fired up, it was ready to run with little issues. Other than the back inboard discs. That was part of a major fire at Daytona.

Sorting the GT's at Rheims led to the Italians contracted to body the other Coupes to be delayed, they took off building the first sans any blueprints and the result was the second being kinda larger, which Dan Gurney got as he fit it better. His USAC crew having talent in depth made it a winner even tho the aero was slighty diminished.

That season as the hand drawn hand hammered Coupe on the old 50s transverse spring front end winning against Ferrari with just the advantage of another 1,000 cc's of engine - not even overhead cam - is the turning point from old school tech to the new school rapidly coming to the field. The 427 GT's were actually the last dying gasp of conventional motors being capable of winning a Championship. We are talking a truck motor run on a dyno simulating 24 hours of LeMans, breaking, getting improved parts, until it could survive, mostly, under real racing loads. Up to then a computer aided dyno run in testing, and the cad cam GT chassis and aero were unknown.

Mixed blessings if you consider it. The modern car now has tech that designers were only dreaming about. The wife's Buick is direct injection with variable cam timing. They made a turbo version. Nothing like that existed in the 60's.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#35]
I watched the trailer this morning and it piqued my interest. Looks pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:22:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Not with that commie asshole in it.

Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#37]
I will go see this one and can’t wait.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just saying
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just saying
The money that made it all happen had George Washington’s image on it.

Just saying...
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#39]
I’ve read that they took some liberty with the real story and people, but it should still be good.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#40]
I’m gonna be on this like a duck on a junebug.

I’ve been a Shelby fan since I read this

as a girl in the mid-seventies; the GT40 has been my grail car every since.

Shelby is generally remembered as a constructor and entrepreneur.  But he was first a successful driver, winning at Le Mans in the late fifties for Aston Martin with a Brit whose name I can’t recall, before coming back in ‘66 to beat Enzo Ferrari’s arrogant, Eye-talian ass into the dirt with an American hot rod and a Ford engine. You know that had to make the latter want to eat his own liver.

I’ve read recently that Shelby might not have been the world’s nicest guy - he went through wives like oats through a goose - but I don't care. He got shit done, and America could vastly benefit from ten or fifteen million more men like him. Instead of piddling around with various inconsequential, money making projects in his later years, he should have been put out to stud.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#41]
I would have, but they chose Damon for the lead so fuck it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Carolla says it's good and he did the doc so I will see it. He also had Damon and Bale on the podcast, good show.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 10:59:50 AM EDT
[#43]
that was my first thought, two of my least favorite liberal actors.......
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#44]
We are ready !!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Not even a little, but I’ll watch it in the android box someday....
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#46]
What is going on with Christian Bales's mouth? Lol
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:10:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We are ready !!!!!!!

https://i.imgur.com/dXNe6YH.jpg
View Quote
Very nice cobra
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Shelby CSX owner checking in. I'm a huge fan of his work with Chrysler and have too many cars with his name on them somewhere. I never see movies in the theater, and I might actually go out to see this.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Yes!! We have a recliner/dinner theater that we go to all the time.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#50]
yes
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top