Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2021 5:02:13 PM EDT
I currently have a 14.5" LW Daniel Defense complete rifle that has a Surefire RC2 with H2 buffer. I am looking into building/buying another AR that isn't as long/heavy and isn't as gassy in the face. I already know that I want 11.5" barrel for my next rifle (pistol). Since I got my can, I only shoot suppressed so I'm looking for something that is optimal for shooting with my SF RC2.

I came across the Triarc TSR-15S Pistol that has "suppressed only barrel". Is this a good idea to get a suppressed only barrel? Triarc is also very expensive and VERY long wait times.

I am trying to decide if I should get a "suppressed only" barrel and build my own, order a Triarc pistol, or just get a 11.5 Knight's Armament and forget about gas in the face...

I would love to hear what you all think. Also let me know if there are any alternative "suppressed only" barrels other than Triarc's.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
TRIARC Systems also offers a “Suppressed Only” version of our TRACK Barrel.  Featuring a shrunken gas port, this will give the shooter a much cleaner shooting experience when used with a suppressed application.
View Quote

So the suppressed only aspect is due to gas port size?  Wouldn't an AGB accomplish the same thing?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Sionics makes one as well, but all their barrels are going into complete firearms right now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I plan on using this for home defense and I've heard some people complain about AGBs breaking or affecting reliability. I'd like to stick to a traditional gas block that is pinned.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Black river tactical?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I suppose it makes sense for a permanently mounted or integral suppressor to keep it single stamp.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I suppose it makes sense for a permanently mounted or integral suppressor to keep it single stamp.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I just did some more research and ordered a Black River Tactical EZTUNE Gas Tube

Nevermind a whole new rifle if I can tune the one I have. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:59:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I do like the Triarc suppressed-only bbl.  High end and worth the wait.  Put it and another can on the waiting list.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Black river tactical?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I have an 11.5 Sionics RGP and it works great with a Silencerco Specwar 556k on the end.  Also have a Triarc 11.5 Track 2.0, not sure it is suppressed only got it off PA, it won't cycle Wolf or Tula without a suppressor, suppressed it will.  Cycled full 5.56 brass without the suppressor with no issue.  223 will cycle with the suppressor, wears a Silencerco Specwar 556, function seems to be good, haven't really run it hard, but seems good.  I like both barrels so far.  I do like that the Sionic RGP is chrome-lined.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I do like the Triarc suppressed-only bbl.  High end and worth the wait.  Put it and another can on the waiting list.
View Quote

That will be a future purchase for me. probably will get that with a SureFire Mini 2
Top Top